824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago

As long as it's not a Dialed In re-skin, I'm ready to consider this.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why in the hell would they do a reskin? Or a Depp version for that matter.

Because sh*t happens.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Golden ticket as a reward would be good but in keeping with the story you really should have to get the golden ticket before going on the factory tour.
Ultimate award for completing the game should be the deed to the factory.

You should have to FIND the golden ticket going along with theme. Whether that’s collecting “money” buy Wonka bars or something. Maybe it’s Jackpots and the Golden Ticket is the Super. Something like that.

Just PLEASE no “waving at the camera” to unwrap a bar. PLEASE.

8FFD295B-FB28-47E4-9C3D-FA5CE9BE3004.gif8FFD295B-FB28-47E4-9C3D-FA5CE9BE3004.gif
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't even want to think about this have being Johnny Depp. No way Jack could make that terrible decision........ Right?

It’s not. It’s real Wonka. Not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

God I hope it's not this guy, he's shite...

That's not an impression to me. It definitely IS some weird dude dressing up, though.

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping pat steps up this time and offers some better toys then the ones that were in dialed in

I agree on DI. There's magnets. Yay? Just design the right flipper shot properly and it's a step in the right direction.

1 week later
#689 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is Kiefer on the code?

No

3 weeks later
#1460 4 years ago

Talked to Jack today and played this at Pinfest today. WHAT A LINE for this game.

I have to say, I was impressed. Less on the playfield than DI and I mean that in a good way. I was going to buy another pin but now, I'm really considering this instead.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Great, now JJP is charging us $500 more for less on the game. How can that be “in a good way”? That was part of the attraction of their first standard body table, lots of things to do on the play field.

I think the playfield’s as crowded as hell. There’s less on the playfield but it’s still full of shots. How about buy a standard or just don’t buy it?

Iron Maiden has nearly NOTHING in it toy-wise and is fun as hell. Game of the year.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm going to request that JJP make a code change for this, allowing the owners' to select whether or not the virtual ball lock carries over from game to game or not. It's selectable in the software for the LE and CE, there's no reason why they can't make it selectable in the SE software too.

Yes there is, though. They want you to buy the LE or CE to get it.

#1559 4 years ago

The route operators would/will disagree with you. Not having a virtual ball lock carry-over on the SE will pretty much mean you will NEVER see Wonkavator multi-ball on a SE from a casual player. That's going to turn some potential operator buyers off.

Counterpoint is a casual player doesn't know what the heck they're "missing" anyway. Not carrying over locks is the norm on what, 99% of modern machines?

#1562 4 years ago

I will be getting an SE. And I want the carry-over. So there

Well, there you go. Might as well ask.

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

In home use i don't believe the wonkavator mb will be that difficult to achieve.... i activated the lock 2 times but the shot is tough to make with the weaker flippers at shows.

It can’t be much different than TSPP couch locks. I have those set to carry over.

1 week later
#1775 4 years ago

But you DO understand that the Wonkavator multiball is already coded for the SE, right? It's virtual. And the carryover is already user-selectable in the menus for the LE and CE. Why wouldn't they offer that same feature in the SE? Without it, you're pretty much never going to be able to hit it in casual play. Why bother coding it in if the majority of the public playing an SE on route never get to hit it?

No one is going skip to play the SE in public because the Wonkavator isn't there.
More people will upgrade to the LE to get the Wonkavator (and extras though).

Include it on the SE and they hurt their own LE sales.

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be honest: I don't care for the sound package. It's too whizzy chirp chirp bleep bloop bright and dingy for me. I know this kind of thing is totally subjective, and it fits the theme, and it's just my personal taste, but I could never own this game after listening to it today, it would drive me nuts.

Spot on here. The sounds just bothered me so much in the stream. I want one, because I played it and it shot great, but not with these sounds. While the sounds may “fit” the theme, together they’re just not a good package. Can JJP ever add an enthusiastic “Jackpot!” callout in a game?

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

At least they are more enthusiastic than the ones from Dialed In!

It’s hard not to be!

2 weeks later
#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.[quoted image]

Wait until you play Kidd Multibal

3 weeks later
#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not sure how to take this?

I’m not sure either.

I don’t order but am excited to try Wonka again.

I STILL would be so much happier if JJP just added 3 zeros at the end of all scores.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.