824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

While I cannot comment on the title, I can say that you should all come to MGC to get your hands on the new game. Stop by the KingPin Games booth Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 to see the new shiny from JJP.

Did you just confirm the release of a new JJP game?!?!

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

JJP said at the TPF when the next game (the one Mr King is eluding to) is displayed it signals that it is On the line. No more long lead show displays. My deposit is in with the King on whatever this game might or might not be. Lol

Well, there is a mystery presenter on Friday night at MGC...perhaps it's the official reveal?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It was confirmed by LTG a couple days ago. April 12 7pm at MGC.
LTG confirmed it on page 1 of this very thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in#post-4907153

Too many JJP threads to keep track of. Can't remember who says what where

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't even want to think about this have being Johnny Depp. No way Jack could make that terrible decision........ Right?

Seriously...The Wilder version is the only version!

wonkoff-blog-jpg_171001 (resized).jpgwonkoff-blog-jpg_171001 (resized).jpg
#283 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

People who pay $10,000 + for games are fools it's only pinball

Dude, go troll somewhere else.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really intested to hear who JJP brought onboard for the games audio as well as callouts. With David Thiel now exclusively working at Deep Root for a period of I believe 3 years (contract) maybe JJP will bring back Chris Granner?
In regards to callouts what would work? Most or all of the actors that played the kids in the movie are still alive but now being older wouldn't sound anything like their characters. Gene Wilder has sadly passed away This means voice actors. Personally I think custom Ompa Lompa callouts could be cool, "...I've got another multiball for you" lol. That wouldn't be enough though. Maybe Willy Wonka callouts using a voice actor?

I think Oompa Loompa callouts for the entire game would get old quick. Definitely for a mode, but in small quantities only. I'm hoping it'll be a mix of movie audio clips, with a Gene Wilder voice actor for the main game callouts. I can only imagine what a Wilder "Jackpot!" callout would be like...

#322 5 years ago

Thanks for streaming this guys! I won't be there until Saturday morning so it'll be good to see what to expect when we arrive. I already warned KingPin that we'll be bull-rushing his booth when we get there

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently Jack himself emailed him.
Here's the thing though - this game is expected to be a standard body yet priced just like POTC, a widebody. If that's the case I guess the price went up 500 since standards generally are cheaper.

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? Just wondering where this stuff comes from.

#337 5 years ago

I'm totally not following this part of the convo, obviously. I'll wait for the actual reveal and pricing from distros as opposed to he said/she said. Also, Kaneda.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Maybe, but there probably wouldn't be a selfie and emoji mode in that game either I don't mind the theme per se, I think a hi-tech cell phone/disaster game is fine. I just don't love the implementation. The humor just doesn't quite work for me, etc. . And please, a cell phone is a big part of the game:
All the modes are started by hitting a giant cell phone. The modes are described to you on a cell phone -- you literally have to answer a phone and talk with someone. One of the main toy's purpose (the moving guy) is to reenergize a cell phone (need to complete the game). There's a selfie mode and an emoji mode. To get to a wizard mode you have to hit a super tough shot multiple times . . . a SIM card. And the name of the pin references dialing a cell phone. This is not the gumball machine or bookcase in TZ and AF.
This doesn't bother me and the game shoots great and I can even see the humor growing on me if I gave it more of a chance but to deny that it's a game with a huge focus on a smart phone of some kind is kind of weird to me.

I could argue that the phone is a tool that is causing mass destruction to a city as well and that there is an evil entity out there whose acronym of Dialed In Electronics literally spells out DIE, but people focus on the cell phone.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yup but it's still called dialed in, got a person holding a cell phone on the side and has a big cell phone on the playfield
If it was some disaster themed title and artwork, it would be in my basement.
Just me - it's a fun game and I love dropping quarters in it
I understand the game and the disaster slant to it, but could never get past the theme, name and artwork
That's just me, I am not knocking those that own it .....
maybe one day my mind will change but now I am focused on wonka
Not looking for a debate or for owners to defend their purchases - but i would buy a rethemed dialed in very quickly
That's my opinion and it's the correct one for me

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

To each their own of course

2 months later
#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

My early review, hope it helps.
Shoots like a dream, so smooth, if any thing the ramps are almost too easy to combo. Seems to be packed with code and things to do. I’m just scratching the surface in that area. The amount of callouts that the new code has has been increased to the point where I don’t know how they can squeeze anything more from the movie into it. Light shows are even more impressive than Oz, those little leds add many cool effects. I’ve got a standard, on the negative side, it does look like something big is missing in the back left, I’m sure someone is going to make something cool to fill that space, for now I’m putting a big Wonka bar with a golden ticket back there. Another negative might be the dangerous pops like Walking dead, it has drained SDTM several times for me. It amazes me with something new every time but that is part of the honeymoon. The music is fantastic, they didn’t get the rights to have the kids or the Oompa Loompas singing but they play the music of their songs so well you don’t really miss the singing. The theme integration is so packed, outside of the modes, Gene and Grandpa are constantly talking to you. JJP also stepped up the packaging. It had its own mini palate inside the box and so much extra cardboard and styrofoam packing than normal, keeping it so snug. Haven’t been this impressed with a game since Maiden.

You missed the big question..."DOES IT STILL SOUND LIKE A SLOT MACHINE?"
j/k Can't wait to play one on location. This game is on my short list.

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

haha
who doesnt like pirates!? i was off of pirates too when i heard they didnt get the assets. But the sound guy JJP had for pirates did amazing things to make up for it. I think losing that sound guy really hurt wonka.
And the commentators in both games is a no comparison.
But i was just sharing my feelings. I hope you guys enjoy Wonka and its exciting to see it shipping and relatively quickly. I hope the code matures into something great.
When i first heard JJP was releasing Wonka i was really thinking this was going to be the next WoZ for JJP. Unfortunately i dont think its going to be. And imo the decision to make this operator friendly and go with a standard body will be a big reason it wont. I think JJP is making a mistake using this title for their push to get games on location. They should have made wonka for the collector wide body and absolutely loaded if they would have done that nobody would be complaining and the hype would be unreal right now for this game. Should have waited and used a theme like GnR or something else for their push for JJP on location.

I think before making judgement on any game, one should play it. With that said, you're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but you can't make true judgement on a game until you play it. It's something that happens all too often, and I think people are doing themselves a disservice by discounting a game based on what they see or hear (from other podcasters or from stream).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.