4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 months ago

Looks like it will be revealed April 12th at MGC

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from Beez:

I HOPE SO !!!

We know JJP is releasing their next game at MGC. We assume it’s Wonka.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Expected release 2020

No, shipping in May.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. And you'll be at MGC to see it.
LTG : )

You going?

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

What is your source for Wonka? I see nothing.

Wonka seems to be widely accepted leak. JJP posted a video yesterday where they have what look like gum balls or everlasting gobstoppers instead of pinballs in their intro video.

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

Please let it be Gene Wilder and not that Johnny Depp travesty.

Id be shocked if it wasn’t gene wilder.

#48 4 months ago
Quoted from coz6:

I am in I am concerned about the geometry of right shot, it looks hard i sure hope this is only a whitewood and they tweak it after they take it to the show and see the complaints, also lets talk about that artwork - GW addition and all but its like the AC/DC head on the pro toooo much.... also first Premium to crack 10K and just because they put colored balls in it, I sure hope they last better than the glowballs. I am in because I am a JJ fanboy and while BK3 Looks amazing once your in for high prices why not go all in. Based on nothing, betting 90% will be said once its on pinside.

What right shot? Whitewood prototype? Premium? Are you in the right thread?

#53 4 months ago

I got my name on a list. I'll play the pin at MGC and if it's good, I'm in!

#118 4 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

While I cannot comment on the title, I can say that you should all come to MGC to get your hands on the new game. Stop by the KingPin Games booth Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 to see the new shiny from JJP.

And when the show is done, we can just toss it into the back of my truck. >.>

#119 4 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did you just confirm the release of a new JJP game?!?!

It was confirmed by LTG a couple days ago. April 12 7pm at MGC.

LTG confirmed it on page 1 of this very thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in#post-4907153

#123 4 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Too many JJP threads to keep track of. Can't remember who says what where

Hahah I hear you!

#140 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unveiling Friday night at MGC.
Production line getting set up now, games rolling down it soon.

What LTG said. To be clear, JJP next pin unveiled at 7pm central time at MGC in Milwaukee on April 12.

#145 4 months ago
Quoted from goatdan:

...is the rumor. I know MGC hasn't said anything about that, and to my knowledge neither has anyone from JJP.
We do a lot of stuff at MGC. I don't want people to get hyped for a pinball machine if that isn't what it is.
I did yesterday announce that a Jersey company is one of the main presenters of our show...
Jersey Mike's.

I'd consider LTG an official source? And - kingpin also said the next JJP game will be revealed and playable at MGC.

Unless the 7pm mystery event is something else and JJP is just going to have machines of their next game at the Kingpin booth with no kind of reveal or presentation? Which I think is 0% chance of that happening. :p

#147 4 months ago

Actually, my message does not say JJP's new game, it just says new game. It does say to see the "new shiny from JJP," but that "could" be Woz YBR. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in the next two weeks. Things can be inferred from what I said, but I would not be the guy that would release information beforehand without permission.

DANGIT. I misread. I'm sorry Chris. You and your ambiguous messages. :p

However, if it's the "new shiny from JJP" and by shiny you are referring to YBR, wouldn't it also be there in your booth friday April 12th? A conspicuous omission.

#149 4 months ago

yes, but the show doesn't technically start until Saturday. you have to be a VIG or whatever it is called now to come on Friday evening.

Just can't paint you into that corner can I. Underestimate the sneakyness.

#152 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't. I've been going by posts on Pinside.

Then call me an over excited pin nerd who READS INTO EVERYTHING.

#166 4 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can someone take a screenshot of the video showing the gobstoppers? Not all of us use Facebook.

508EC0F4-4412-4297-ABC8-41077CFDA436 (resized).jpeg929D8B95-0517-456A-BED7-D135687D59C6 (resized).jpeg
#167 4 months ago

You know, one thing about that video. Those everlasting gobstoppers were used in the Johnny Depp Wonka. The original Wilder Wonka had weirdly shaped multi colored gobstoppers that were not spherical or ball shaped.

It’s possible wonka is a mix of both new and old, or maybe even Johnny Depp Wonka.

OR maybe those are colored toy balls from toy story.

#170 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't even want to think about this have being Johnny Depp. No way Jack could make that terrible decision........ Right?

$475 million box office isn’t exactly a terrible decision is it?

#174 4 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Depp’s Wonka—the character—was clearly inferior to Wilder’s. But the story—including the backstory—was far superior IMO, and the music kicked ass. The music in Wilder’s movie was corny AF. And the Oompa Loompas? Deep Roy kicked all their asses.

I agree with this honestly. Though personally I thought Depp's take was great, even though Wilder's was even better. But everything else? Yea - the backstory, music, oompa loompas etc was definitely better in the remake.

#175 4 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hmm, combining movies -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Theme based on Depp version -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Not a marketer though, so maybe I'm wrong yet again.

When DI was revealed a lot of people said the same thing. For what it's worth.

#178 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

yes it is a terrible decision. An absolutely TERRIBLE decision.

I disagree but we can still be friends.

#200 4 months ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Hahahahahaha wouldn't you know it, TWO people have already upgraded WackyBrakke's disdain for the length of my post. And there will be more for certain. But I should have seen this coming!!! I'll say no more or I'll be in more trouble.

I actually enjoyed the post.

#218 4 months ago

Not at all mad just determined to refute any false assumptions. (Look above and see my newest published post at the site). Needless to say some of my readers are sending me messages now, wanting to know what is happening.

He’s ejected from the thread.

Thanks again for the article. I found it an interesting read.

#223 4 months ago

Rumor is pricing will be the same as POTC. So $8500 standard, $9500 LE, but I wonder if the CE will be $11.5k instead of $12.5k. (assuming there is a CE)

Also curious if the standard, LE, and CE will all still have the same gameplay features like POTC, or if they are going to move to a model more like Stern where the standard (pro) has something different/missing that affects gameplay.

#226 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think they will change gameplay.Invisaglass shaker and
Special lighting and such.

I’m 95% in on an LE either way. JJP would have to blow it for me to not buy this. And even if I don’t, I’ll buy a DILE anyways. LoL

My wife says we need to buy more JJP games. They’ve all just been so good. Hobbit is the only one she didn’t care for.

#229 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s funny to see all you macho pinball guys that are supposed to be salivating over AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Deadpool, getting excited for Willy Wonka. At first we all laughed at WOZ as a pinball theme. That seems hardcore now compared to WW.

Amazingly, enjoyment of AC/DC, Deadpool, Wizard of Oz, and Willy Wonka are not mutually exclusive things.

Shocking, I know.

#268 4 months ago

Did he 100% guarantee it this time or is he just speculating?

100% ass tattoo guaranteed?

#269 4 months ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

From my contacts....I have been told there will be Collectors Edition for Willy Wonka and Toy Story....But hey...What do I know.....

Was this in a 3am text message?

#270 4 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I've never bought a NIB pin and have a question. It has been suggested that Wonka will be the same pricing model as POTC ($8500 standard, $9500 LE, etc.).
My question is this: is it normal to pay the full MSRP, or do distributors go below MSRP? Just trying to figure out how much cash I'll be out when I buy one...

If you do find a deal, it might be something like free shipping or maybe $100 off or something small. JJP pins have relatively strict pricing agreements. I'd go with any reputable distributor. Zach at Flip N out or Chris at Kingpin are two excellent choices in my personal experience. Chris helped me out on a game I didn't even buy from him, and Zach got hold of the manufacturer on my behalf for a minor issue I had on a pin I bought from him, which got me a new part 2 days later in the mail. Distributor choices matter most AFTER the sale.

#278 4 months ago

Rumor has been that this is a Pat Lawlor standard body. Just repeating what I've read here among the 3 or 4 threads on this pin :p

#288 4 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There was a time when Depp had that star power but pretty sure that time has looong past. If JJP is doing Wonka, they have to go classic. Gene Wilder will make that pin. If not Wonka, one of his other movies needs to be a pin. 99% of the time classic anything is better than any remake. Fact. I'm already priced out as a buyer but a classic Wonka JJP pin does sound pretty cool. Going to be hard to screw that up but it's going to be interesting to see the reaction to the price. Prices never go down and WOZ YBR gives you a clue where JJP is going. Pretty soon JJP buyers will be reminiscing of days when you could get a full feature JJP pin for less than $10000 lol.

Price does go down, CGC is a good example. Also, technically, YBR was a price down as far as CE's go (even if JJP mislabeled it an LE, it matches more what the CE's are) POTC CE was $12.5k - YBR is $11.5k.

#318 4 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Buffalo Pinball will be at MGC and we’ll be streaming! You may want to keep an eye on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball for interesting things.

Ah cool, you'll stream the friday evening presentation then?

#321 4 months ago

Great then I'll just watch live while I'm there lol. I was offering to stream if no one else was going to. Glad you are doing it then!

#355 4 months ago

What if wonka has a mechanical squirrel that picks up and carries off the ball.

My head just exploded.

#359 4 months ago

I'm definitely IN for WONKA unless in the most unlikely scenario the game is poorly received. I can't see that happening in view of JJP's past successes and what appears to be the most spectacularly glowing pre-order response of any machine yet produced by the reigning build quality champions of pinball. However as I have only recently purchased MMR, AFMR LE, WOO Emerald and in weeks MBR LE I can't negotiate the expected 9,500 price tag for another year. So I will play it on location until that time. I am assuming that the machines will not be physically available until maybe October of this year, despite promises to ship within a few months (which I don't see as realistic all things considered). There is no game I would ever want more than WONKA and I've requested it repeatedly on many threads dating back a few years.

I'm willing to bet they start shipping in May.

#364 4 months ago

Hmmmmm "f3honda4me" my friend, you are really throwing me a curve ball there, though mind you a very appealing one. Shall I or shall I not? Do I fork over the 8K for the MBR LE in two weeks or do I hold on to it pending the reveal and shipping plans on WW? (thus holding off on the MBR LE until next year when it will still be very very easy to obtain as were the past two CGCs which are STILL available). I think you have succeeded (though not your intent of course) in having me put a HOLD on the MBR LE until I know how the WW scenario unfolds and what the reception is regarding the machine (expected to be rapturous). S so difficult to decide with WW, MBR LE and PIRATES all for the taking! Thank you!

As someone who wants to add another pin in the next couple months, I am putting my money on Wonka delivering. All signs point to JJP doing everything to get this game shipping quickly after reveal. I think they are taking a page out of Stern's book in this regard, and it's a great decision.

#366 4 months ago

My friend, I have no reason to dispute what you are saying nor even to be mildly skeptical. I am assuming the reveal is only a few days away to boot.

All signs say the reveal will be april 12 7pm at MGC in Milwaukee.

#381 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A person on the inside has come up with this highly detailed Microsoft Paint 1999 mock up of the game. Seems like there's a large boat toy from the chocolate river scene in the game that allows the player to lock different colored balls into the paddles of it, a "Candy" mini playfield in the upper left, and a large spinning "WONKA" bar in the middle. Only a left flipper on the bottom of the playfield as well, a first in pinball. Hmmmm?
lol jk
[quoted image]

Now THIS is what I call a leak.

#385 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The game is 110% no question no doubt about it Gene Wilder. Jack himself told me that.

Yes I'm sure Jack personally told you details about a game, not to mention confirm the game, that has not yet been revealed but everyone else they make people sign NDA's for.

#395 4 months ago

So he broke his NDA and JJP will let him order before everyone else?

#401 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

For the love of God, stop complaining. And he didn't give anything away that they didn't allow him to give away.

I listened to his podcast, I see what you mean now.

#407 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What number podcast is it? Latest I see is from 3/26.
Mind you, I've never listened to a podcast before

Just click this

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-334-well-i-played-wonka

#473 4 months ago

Started a club thread, rather than like 3 different JJP forum threads I can't keep track of

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside

#479 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in guys. CE. #12!
Excited! Let's do this

I got #12 too! Three #12s being made

#483 4 months ago

I LOVE THIS PLACE......

Haha I hope to meet you at MGC. I enjoy your JJP post shenanigans.

#496 4 months ago

I can only imagine the number of texts Joe is getting right now.

#500 4 months ago

That is it -- I am texting Joe and Jack...
Well....at least email Jack -- Tried to get his cell number -- But for some reason he wont give it to me -- I had it at one time -- But I think he changed it.

3am texts had zero to do with that I assure you

#551 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WONKA CE= IN( what's the actual pinside acronym?) !!!..now where the hell am I gonna put it....

I used WWCF in the club thread

#569 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many WW CE anyone have guess?

I'm guessing 200.

#578 4 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it was WOZ and Hobbit ... Seeing as he had the First #12 maybe he has a claim
I am excited for this one (and the next). I like all the JJP pins so this one will probably be a must buy for me. Heck, even those that don't much care for JJP may have a hard time not liking Wonka.

WOZ and Hobbit never had CE's. So he doesn't have a claim. DI and POTC had CE's, so richie has first shot on CE serial number matching since he has both DI and POTC CEs.

#587 4 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Numbered games never meant much to me
And I never meant to put a claim on Wonka, just having fun.

We know it’s in good fun.

#588 4 months ago

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory = WWCF

Makes the most sense to me. I’ll adjust the club thread title though depending on what pinside uses and the actual full game name is revealed.

#590 4 months ago

I vote for Wonka. That's what the emails and text messages that's I've been getting say... and there have been a lot of them

Works for me. I like that better.

#647 4 months ago

3 days left -- well less than 3 days really -- Its like 2 days and 20 hours left -- But who is counting?

At 3am, how many days and hours will be left? I'm sure Joe would want to know the answer via text at that time.

#757 4 months ago

25 Hours to go.....Who's got that countdown clock....that was funny.

https://countingdownto.com/?c=2438459

#876 4 months ago

I’d remove the whole thing. It’s all off topic. Political and allegations and whatever.

#891 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Be sure to Cliffy your game if you are buying one! Lol
Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect Cliffy for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when don't protect your game
Playing as much as a kid with free credits plays
What are you at, getting terribly lax
What do you think will come to your playfield if you do that
I don't like the look of it
Oompa loompa doompety da
If you protect your game, you will go far
Your game will live in happiness too
Like the Cliffy Oompa Loompa Doompety do
Doompety do

He won’t have them for quite a while I think.

#910 4 months ago

I GOT ONE!!!!
[quoted image]

Haha I look forward to meeting you. Great stuff.

#937 4 months ago

Just sealed the deal for CE #12 with Joe.

FAF63DA6-E8D7-4AAD-B429-799BBF5DBBF0 (resized).jpeg
#1168 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

How do they go from the Pirates CE topper which was amazing to what looks to be like the most simple uninspiring topper for Wonka CE?? Is it interactive at all or just lights up?

No one knows. They haven’t shown one yet other than a mock up in the flyer which may not be the final product.

#1174 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What happened to colored balls? Maybe a surprise at time of production? Heard three rumors that colored balls were in and JJP was developing technology that could sense different colors. One rumor had the Gobstopper machine dispensing colored balls. Another tied a colored to each kid. Final one had colored balls lit from inside and this being the ultimate mindf*@k. Post reveal - there is no mention of colored balls? Podcaster should ask Pat if they were in and are now removed.

Or it was just a baseless rumor with no real truth behind it.

#1208 4 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are the only differences in play fields the wonkavator? IF SE is missing inserts/lighting that would push me to an LE.

It does sound like there are some lighting differences in the PF in the SE vs the LE/CE.

#1210 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where did you hear that? I'm not aware as it wasn't in their explanation unless I missed something

One of the JJP people mentioned it at the show, I cannot recall who. It sounded like the SE either had less LED lights with the little candy "bits" or that it was color inserts vs RGB? I didn't quite catch the whole statement as they were telling it to someone else and I was listening in.

#1215 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The lighting would be a big deal . Not so sure this is a fact. Sounds like BS.

It’s what I heard from JJP. Call it whatever you want if it helps you sleep better.

Quoted from delt31:

I was just going to say that would be....

They said it 100%.

#1217 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You are the JJP public relations ?
But you do not even know a name of who was talking?
I call BS!

I was at MGC. They talked to lots of people all weekend about the games. Others talked to them too. Those people have posted things that were said as well. Quit trolling.

Edit: I found his name. Brett Abess is the one who mentioned it. He is the same one that mentioned they were trying to get cast signatures for the CE.

#1219 4 months ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

At MGC I spoke with my distributor and the WONKA lead programmer Joe Katz. They told me there are fewer LEDs on the SE because the physical ball lock is not present on the SE and those LEDs are what results in the lower LED count. All else is the same. I ordered the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I believe there will be vendors making mods available for that upper left corner.

Makes sense! Thank you for confirming it wasn’t just “BS”.

#1223 4 months ago

Thank you everyone that was able to make it out for the reveal and the days following. I'm sorry that we ran out of Wonka bars. I truly underestimated the demand they would have.
If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist. I enjoyed playing the game and look forward to helping bring smiles to families with jjp's great line up.

The family is loving the MBr we got from you at the show Chris. Keep up the good work and thank you!

Quoted from LTG:

Ummmmmm.................... if he said that. You can bank on it.

Agreed. Fortunately someone provided the full context, being that it’s LEDs that are part of the upper left playfield around the wonkavator, so not so bad!

Also he is a super nice guy, really a true pinball fan. He was so excited to talk to us about pinball.

#1246 4 months ago

JJP has to lessen features on the SE for cost as well as ensuring they don’t cannibalize their own lineup.

Also for those saying it costs nothing to put KE artwork on SE is not necessarily the case. The artwork having Wilder may cost them more per machine for licensing reasons.

Food for thought.

#1268 4 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

+100
Same guys posting complaints over and over.
Looking forward to the club thread. Wonka is going to have a huge following and that thread will be awesome.

There is already a club thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside

#1273 4 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

So a spinning piece of plastic that isn't even interactive and a hole that opens up are better mech's than which Stern premiums?

Better or the same than most.

#1276 4 months ago

The gobstopper mech is a target angled to the PF that the ball hits. Below it is a PF piece that spins to reveal a hole, you now hit the same target as before to send the ball into. The target spins a gobstopper on top when hit. The hole spins back away to close up after a ball goes down and into a subway.

This is more elaborate than most stern mechs.

#1281 4 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Might be more elaborate but that doesn't equate to fun and it looks terribly uninspired. Also it's the only mech in the machine. I mean whoohoo the enormously giant out of place gobstopper spun! So much fun!

Actually it is quite fun. Also wonkavator not a mech? Diverter to magnet? Etc.

But I guess you played it this weekend and didn’t enjoy it. That’s ok there are other threads with other machines to go enjoy.

#1299 4 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Wonkavator is not in the SE that you are comparing to other pins at the same price point!
Also no I haven't played it yet I am just disappointed in the overall machine as compared to previous JJP pins. The whole argument for the price of the previous JJP pins was that they were widebody pins and packed with so much more innovation and toys then they reveal this pin with half of what it's predecessors had and the only price point they lower is the SE which they also removed the Wonkavator ball lock, have basic trim, and basically did a big FU on the artwork and you don't see anything wrong with that?

I don't. People asked for a cheaper machine, and they got an option for one now. JJP made the necessary changes to make it cheaper. You can't have it both ways. Do you want all of the glory that JJP has to offer in a machine? Or do you want a cheaper machine?

#1300 4 months ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Can't join a club for WWCF. Not sure what pin that is. It has to be the WONKA club!

It is Wonka. The thread title was changed, but the link cannot be changed. Did you even click on the link? lol

Quoted from Tranquilize:

What some of you don't seem to understand is that competitors offer great art in this price range. Many of us love and expect great art at $7500. Just because Gene's face might cost more doesn't mean they can't create alternative art. It's absolute BS. I am 100% in if they improve the art and 100% out if they don't. I'm giving my opinion, just as you are. I'm NOT bitching.

And those same competitors don't offer anywhere near as much pin for that $7500. The art is better, great, but falls short of Wonka on features, code, etc in many cases.

#1311 4 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

"No Gene on the SE because it would cost too much" doesn't seem to make much sense. They're making 5,000 LEs with Gene on the side.
Let's say the Wonkavator costs $500 for sake of argument. Do you think the Gene decals make up the remaining $1,500 difference between the SE and LE, and even if it did, you think JJP would pass 100% of those savings on to SE customers? No.

Did you forget about the other LE addins? Shaker, invisiglass, powder coating, etc?

#1365 4 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Okay, but try calling WB and ask them about putting your cardboard standee in a public place and charge people $1.00 per turn to look at it. See what they say then

This. There is a cost for licensing/royalties when you're doing a licensed pinball theme, and yes it can get granular such as $X per image of Gene on each machine.

#1367 4 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Of course there are licensing fees. What did it cost to license the $40 Wonka standee? Or the $24 Wonka Candy Land board game? But you’re missing the joke here. The joke is that those who are complaining about Gene’s missing head on the sides of their $7,500 pinball machines can put a $40 standee next to them. Problem solved.

Ah I get it, you were saying something different than what I thought. Good stuff haha.

1 week later
#1412 3 months ago

And, sponsors/vendors are a large part of why this site can exist.

#1478 3 months ago
Quoted from Clint12:

I bought my pirates le from nitro so disappointed 9900 machine out of the box nothing but balls lost and stuck called tommy and no help called Jersey no reply I will figure it out but seriously I was out of the box this way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#1490 3 months ago

The flippers were totally normal Friday night at reveal. But once moved to the main floor Saturday and Sunday they felt very weak. The explanation given is power sag from the power source on the game floor which makes sense. We noticed it on a few other games as well.

#1505 3 months ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Unfortunately, similar to my impression of playing Pirates Of The Caribbean last year. The problem is weak flippers. I'm sure the flipper strength totally fine on the game. Last year I thought it was an amperage issue, putting too many game on one circuit. However, this year I had the same experience on Wonka. I am now suspecting the flipper voltage is being turned down in the service menu on the games. Why, would they do this? Probably to limit wear and tear on their display models. Is this a good idea?...probably not. Most people I spoke with had the same experience. When I played it, I couldn't make the right ramp regardless of how clean my shot was. I didn't bother to go back and play it after this. If you want people to be excited about a game and want to buy it, you need to provide them with the chance to have a good experience with the game. Otherwise, the game looked pretty and has some really neat features.

It was not turned down intentionally. We looked.

#1533 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Can’t believe many always making excuses for JJP flipper strength. Their flipppers are weak no matter which game you play and when. Every JJP game of all my friends have the same issue: weak flippers. It is the inherit design of JJP flippers. It appears they don’t want things to get bashed and broken on their tables, which is understandable, but makes for a less fun pinball experience. Play a JJP table anywhere and you’ll soon realize it is a universal JJP issue.

My JJP flippers aren’t weak, nor have any other JJP games I’ve played at various places.

#1539 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

After seeing many of your post in this thread, I wouldn’t expect you to say anything else. Do you own stock or something?

Because I talk about pins I like? Just like everyone else here? I like sterns and CGC and spooky too, I better be careful I don’t say good things about those too!

#1573 3 months ago

I’ll stick with the LE. Saw wonkavator multiball in person at MGC and it was great. The ball lock mech is cool and the wonkavator mod from mod couple makes it even better. I also want the shaker, invisiglass (which has been just as good as my PDI glass), powder coated rails, lockdown, legs, and wireforms, external volume control, and I like Gene on the artwork. Just my opinion. I get it may not be for everyone.

#1598 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks, but I suppose whenever we offer an opinion it could be construed to be swaying others, but I don’t work for Stern, JJP, CGC, or any game company and could careless what you or anyone buys. (Unless I’m offered a commission and that’s another story, lol.)

You say this, but your actions are the opposite. Any time I state a positive opinion that is on topic and relative to the current conversation, you selectively jump all over me for some reason. This implies you care a great deal about what others say, do, or buy. When I say anything negative about a game, like when I said I was disappointed in the lack of innovation Wonka had compared to Dialed In, you seem to ignore that though.

#1620 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

One new member makes an unpopular first comment and for Pinside people are not to bad but are not nice. A second new member throws him a bone and you jump on him for it again not bad for Pinside but far from friendly to a newbie LOL typical Pinside

Let's not forget, the new member jumped on other people before anyone ever jumped on him.

#1629 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Agreed he didn’t jump on anyone. He gave us all an honest appraisal and something we should be thinking about before possibly blowing over $10 grand is what I’ve gotten from it. Not saying an SE is totally out yet, will still look into it. Value to dollar ratio is getting very hard to justify. It seems to appear that, JJP pricing for NIB might be way too high?
Like my new friend f3honda4me said, “I was disappointed in the lack of innovation Wonka had compared to Dialed In”. I would have to agree with him. My problem is, I like the movie and Pat’s work, so trying to justify it. But the more reviews that confirm my fears...

To note, when looking at reviews of people who have seen and played the game, there are far more positive reviews than negative.

#1633 3 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I think JJP is pricing themselves out of competition. I picked up a new Stern pro and MBr for the same price as Wonka LE shipped. That's a no brainer. Although I would still like a Wonka, I'll consider it if/when the SE's hit the second hand market in the mid 6ks.

NIB stern pro and NIB MBr for $9500? Please share with us where you got such a deal. That's $3700 off NIB pricing.

#1644 3 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

This place is getting overran with bs.... looking so forward to the fan club!

Club thread already exists in the club forum.

#1659 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Really, really, REALLY, stupid move by JJP to make those of us in on the most expensive version of the game wait until last... Just unbelievably stupid... This is really aggravating and giving me serious thoughts about canceling my CE preorder. It's a very simple game, which is one of my primary issues with Wonka compared to how awesome POTC and WOZ is, so what in the hell could their possibly be to "fix"?
I bet the real answer here is JJP still hasn't gotten the stuff approved for the CE and is using this BS "fix stuff" excuse for the delay. For forcing your highest paying customers to wait until last better be worth it... Seriously worth it. I mean come on...
Jeff

It’s their model. They build SE first to get them to ops, then they build some LEs to get them to ops and some customers, then the CE, then back to SE and LE for remaining orders. They aren’t building 1000 LE before making CEs.

#1704 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have a friend that has Munsters sitting right next to a POTC. Played them both and see zero differences in build quality.
This is why I’m asking what are the differences, in case I missed something? Please list build quality differences for a comparison of those two tables, Stern and JJP. Have yet to have any solid proof from anyone here?

Cabinet wood is one of the most obvious. Leg bolt areas reinforced. You don’t see a massive difference in what’s on the playfield? Mechs, toys, etc? If you don’t see differences, you aren’t looking hard enough.

#1706 3 months ago

They are not the same wood. You also ignored my comment about the corners. The way the cabinets are made is a huge difference. There’s a reason this thread exists for stern and not JJP:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

And these differences continue throughout. You wanted specifics, I gave you a couple examples. If you still don’t understand there are differences then no point in continuing to name more.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for pointing something out. My friend and I compared Munsters wood cabinet and POTC. They are both equally solid and made from nice wood. Looking at older Sterns, I can’t say the same for the cabinet, but Munsters is equal to JJP. We also noticed the Stern locking mechanism is far superior, as well as Sterns Apron design is better in that it doesn’t require ugly metal fence to keep the ball from slamming into the glass above the apron. Sterns actually follows the contour of the glass incline by special design.
Mechanical items are not the same. Munsters has had no issues for him, where his POTC has had numerous. I’m giving actual reasons that I’ve discovered. Now will those that wish to point out from these two tables, please tell me quality differences?

#1712 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Old thread....Munsters suffers from none of this..pop the top on one. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks I’ll have to look. Would be nice if stern stopped cheaping out on every little thing.

#1777 3 months ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I thought JJP Pins the SE and LE versions were just cosmetic changes but gameplay and game features were the same. Has that changed since WW or even POTC?

Yes, with Wonka there is a difference in gameplay now too with absence of the wonkavator ball lock in the SE (it's virtual instead).

#1828 3 months ago

Heck I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't having an occasional second thought. I was hoping for more polished code by now, and hoping that we'd hear a solid start date for shipping. The code though is the big thing, it's missing a lot of voice clips and whatnot. I know from Hobbit that JJP has the ability to do amazing integration with clips and video, however, they need to NOT do it the same way Hobbit was which was well after the pin was out and sold and it took a long time to get the code to a good place.

If code is still unfinished at release, it gives me pause to think about buying it later when the code is actually completed.

#1835 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Obviously, yes. I don't understand this comment, are you trying to turn this into some childish Stern vs JJP thing? Don't be dumb, don't wear company jerseys or root for them like sports teams. Don't buy unfinished games from anyone unless you're fully aware of what that means, that's just common sense.

What's the rush? I get it, new pin, it's exciting. Fun to get in on, fun to show off, etc. But after that first couple days of New Pin Feeling™ wears off and you have a game you're not sure you're really excited enough about?
Not saying don't buy it if you want it. Do you. Some people just like supporting companies, or enjoy the journey of watching a pin develop. I'm sure JJP will deliver a complete game. I honestly have no doubts about that. But will it be the game you want it to be? That's the rub, buy it for what it is, not what you hope it will turn into, because whatever work they do it might not be that thing you imagine.
Edit to add this:

Fine, whatever. But if rooting for them means blindly buying anything they do and encouraging others to do the same just because you're a fan then that's dumb. If you hope they do well and like their work and enjoy their games that's different. I'm down for the second thing, and not for the first.

We played it extensively at MGC. We really like how it plays. But the package needs to be completed. At MGC you couldn’t really hear it anyways. But in a home environment you hear it and now hearing it via streams it needs a lot more of the IP in the sound and a bit more video/etc.

#1872 3 months ago

JJP needs to stop streaming the game until the code is done. The streams are making me have second thoughts lol.

#1920 3 months ago

Anyone else find the sounds of the “Oompa Loompa” pops rather grating?

#1924 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I actually like that - cool touch.
The narrator though. Wholly shit what were they thinking

My wife and I watched the stream. The oompa pops never turn “off” so you get it in the middle of odd places, and to me it’s really jarring. The oompa song is catchy because of the rhythm. There is no rhythm for the pops sound.

And yea the call outs are awful, I do not like it one bit. We couldn’t hear any of this at MGC since it’s loud you don’t really hear the machines much. So this is the first time we REALLY heard it.

#1930 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IE pinball Twitch or You Tube

Here is the youtube link if you want to see it yea.

They have a great setup, love that they had both screens.

1 week later
#1947 81 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When is the game shipping? "Announce, produce and ship" within 60 days?
Same old story? I've got a CE paid for and it seems like same old BS.

They have about 10 days left to start shipping within originally promised deadline.

#1954 81 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I don't see where this has been asked (which is probably my answer), but what are the chances that an aftermarket Wonkavator could be modded in to an SE? You could then upload the LE/CE code to it and have the same functionality as the others. (My experience is limited to 90s Bally machines so I'm not sure if there is some sort of DRM or whatever that would make this impossible). Thoughts?

Cannot be done. You can’t load the software onto an SE, it requires a dongle.

#1963 81 days ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.[quoted image]

Because it’s still the same machines as 2 months ago

#1965 81 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Yeah I think thats why people keep mentioning that one machine is missing an Oompa Loompa. It fell off in the first 5 minutes of the Buffalo stream.

Yep been missing since MGC

#1978 81 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just hope they correct the sound/music/announcer and theme integration.....

I cancelled my pre order because of the sound. I don’t see them re-recording with a better announcer for callouts etc. It just killed it for us. Which is so frustrating because at MGC we were in love with the pin. But also couldn’t hear the game at the show. I feel like they “oktoberfested” the audio on this game.

On that note I have a mod couple wonkavator and flipper bats I’ll be selling now.

#1983 81 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

My flop comment was not based on my own opinion - it was based on the numbers Jack gave and they were significantly lower than expectations and even jack seemed disappointed. I'll repeat - I liked the game. Owned it three times ; )

I hate to say this b/c it sounds SO trivial but I'm in the same boat. I'm literally passing on this game right now b/c that GD announcer is SO annoying it would kill it for me. I know - super shallow but I call them like I see them. I'm out right now unless that changes. I told my distro the same too.

Me and you are on the same page on Wonka and DI! I have DI on my list, played it on location and at a friend’s house many times. Always fun to shoot.

#1990 80 days ago

That was the impression I got at MGC too. CE is same playfield but with candy “sparkle”.

#2001 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wouldn't speculate....waste of time. Jjp has to deal with that type of thing and it appears they agree that brat is better.
More importantly, I don't think the licensor required them to select an announcer that sounds like he did every line in the game after someone kicked him right in the nuts! Now that is something they need to revisit bc right now he's the worst in history.

I hope JJP hears this feedback and does new narration/callouts with someone better and much more exciting. If they do, I could probably get over the weird "oompa loompa" song pop bumpers sounds and I'd be a buyer again.

#2014 79 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m hoping June they will ship. All I heard was June, June, June. Let’s see it!

They have about 6 days left to hit the original "60 days" shipping date.

#2019 79 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I thought you were no longer interested in this title?

I read lots of threads on games I don't own or plan to own. I was merely responding to someone's question with the current facts that we have. (kermit24)

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The ONLY official statement I've ever heard (or read) from JJP on WONKA is "early summer." By that reasoning, since summer is 92 days long, they have the first 46 days of summer to ship and make the "early summer" definition. 46 days from the start of summer is August 6th. After that, we're past the mid-point of summer and we're in "late summer." So there's that.

At MGC they told us 60 days at the reveal. I don't remember if it was part of the reveal or if it was the investor/owner that was there that said it while talking to us all. Others have posted the 60 days though as well that remember hearing it at MGC.

#2021 79 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

So what? If they make that date, great. If not, so what?
The game will still ship.
But it’s a toy. Why people get so worked up about stuff like this is mind boggling.

$9500 toy, you're right, mind boggling!

#2024 79 days ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I too went all-in and received my Mods from the Mod Couple last week! I wanted to make sure I was able to obtain them in case they sold out. Beautifully crafted! Well done!

I had gotten the wonkavator and flipper bats, and while I may no longer be getting the game, I did open the box to look at them before selling them to another pinsider, and they were amazing. Mod couple hit that wonkavator mod OUT OF THE PARK. It's one of the best mods for a game I've ever seen. JJP should buy it and include it with every LE/CE no joke.

#2034 78 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It won’t be long now folks. SEs first I think everyone knows that - you’ll hear that production has begun in the very near future.

That is great news!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,500.00
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 189.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside