6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,284 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 months ago

I think and again this is an opinion but this will be the biggest selling game of the year, and maybe the biggest selling game in JJP history.

You take a game as good as say Dialed In designed by Pat and you throw an IP at it like the classic Wonka and hit city.

When a CULT classic movie like Willy Wonka is REMADE decades later you know the theme resonates with people.

I will buy this game SIGHT UNSEEN because I trust JJP to hit a HOME RUN here.

This is going to be their biggest hit ever.

#49 6 months ago

I can't wait to see what MOD COUPLE come up with in terms of mods for the game. It seems like Mod Couple is all over every JJP game.

1 week later
#383 6 months ago

The game is 110% no question no doubt about it Gene Wilder. Jack himself told me that. Hopefully that debate ends. I will tell you this, I like the Depp movie, I like the backstory, and Depp was amazing as Willy Wonka.

With that being said that film is NOT a classic, Gene Wilder is and always will be Willy Wonka and that is not to take away from Depp.

Wonka is Gene Wilder and any pinball game should be based on Gene Wilder just like anything else licensed from that franchise.

Gene Wilder will always be known for his many amazing films like Blazing Saddles, Stir Crazy, Young Frankenstein which would also make a cool pinball... but his legacy is Willy Wonka.

Depp's legacy is Captain Jack.

#410 6 months ago

I've already said this is going to be the game that re-shapes the pinball world. Everything JJP has learned, experienced, all the ups and downs is going into this game. This will be the game where they show everyone HEY WE GOT THIS!

Line them up because Wonka is going to set the new standard not a company who's never made a game but JJP!

#463 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is driven by passion, Stern is driven by profit"

There was never any doubt which makes me scratch my head why JJP gets the mass majority of the lumps?

I like stern but I love JJP because of the passion they put into every game. Every game is unique, different, original and totally new from their last game. When we think of Stern we think Batman 66/Batman Dark Knight or Seawitch/Beatles and the list goes on of the games that are almost identical. I love Batman 66 its my favorite game but still every JJP is unique and different. Jack is a pinball guy which is why he started the company. I'm hoping JJP makes a fortune on Wonka, and it kicks this company into high gear.

Pinball needs more than one company kicking ass.

#580 6 months ago

I was told the game will have full movie assets, so you'll see and hear nearly everything they wanted from the film. Funny everyone wants to see film clips but when I talk to friends of mine who play pinball tournaments, and I talk about adding a color screen, they will say doesn't change the way the game is played. When you play the game you don't even see the screen 99% of the time, it really is more for the people watching you play the games right?

As a collector I want the movie clips but the argument I'm making is POTC is an amazing game without the movie clips. The game is ranked the 4th best game very still without the movie clips. It goes to show they don't really matter that much, but it is nice to have it.

I'd rather have than not have but with JJP graphics are their specialty. No matter what is or isn't included in Wonka I'm positive it will be great.

#999 6 months ago

Unreal. JJP just hit a home run!

1 month later
#2045 4 months ago

I got an email from JJP today which says Wonka is officially on the line creating the Standards. Your wait is almost over!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside