4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,283 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
49E83284-8E8D-414F-8ECD-1330B45347D3 (resized).jpeg
CD324A43-FA8B-41B1-A548-DFC45D8387D8 (resized).jpeg
FE79D78A-14F3-481E-91D5-C91603CA5086 (resized).jpeg
BBFADDC5-AA92-4AA7-958E-D429C79E4844 (resized).jpeg
mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 4 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

People who pay $10,000 + for games are fools it's only pinball

It's all relative.

If you are making in excess of $500k a year, what's the big deal spending $10k on a game
It's a probably a smaller percentage of that earner's income than you spending 5k on a game

1 week later
#522 4 months ago

I would buy a rethemed Dialed In - I really like that game just don't want a cell phone based pinball in my basement with my limited collection

#542 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Disaster based,phone is used for animated info

Yup but it's still called dialed in, got a person holding a cell phone on the side and has a big cell phone on the playfield
If it was some disaster themed title and artwork, it would be in my basement.

Just me - it's a fun game and I love dropping quarters in it
I understand the game and the disaster slant to it, but could never get past the theme, name and artwork
That's just me, I am not knocking those that own it .....
maybe one day my mind will change but now I am focused on wonka

Not looking for a debate or for owners to defend their purchases - but i would buy a rethemed dialed in very quickly
That's my opinion and it's the correct one for me

#645 4 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This 10X over....I hope JJ hits this out of the park, and this is everything it is hyped to be. But if that is the case, production of these machines will be around for a very long time...just look at WOZ and how long that title has gone. Take some time and evaluate for yourself, rather than riding the hype train, and most of all let someone else get all of the bugs worked out an discover the flaws that need addressed. This will not be a limited run, and history has show us that just about every new pin that has any content at all will have some sort of issue.

2021 - 50th Anniversary Edition

But I am still in for a CE if I can get one

#665 4 months ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hype seems inordinately high on this one. I hope it's amazing.
I've been wanting to want a JJP game since they started making games.

Ditto

#715 4 months ago

Wonka is not the be all to end all greatest theme in my opinion
It's a good theme but not my dream theme ...

But Wonka + JJP + Lawlor should be awesome
Can't wait to see and play this game!

#725 4 months ago
pasted_image (resized).png
#814 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've never understood why JJP even calls it an "LE".
That's probably what I'll end up with though.
There is nothing "collectible" about 500 games i don't care what the title is, especially at $12,500.
However, i still can't see them selling more than 200-300 CE's anyhow.

I've said before, these companies should just have 3 levels of games without any limited quantity editions.
I don't "collect" pinballs, I buy them as toys and if I want a CE it's becuase of the features/art/extras I am getting for the extra cash, I couldn't care any less about the number made.
Don't care if I have the only one or 1,000 others have the same one. I also don't care about resale value. If I buy a game, keep it for years and play the hell out of it, it doesn't owe much. How much did your $35,000 Honda depreciate after 3 years? If you are worried about resale value before you even buy it, maybe you are spending too much money.

Stern and JJP should just sell as many as they can of each edition

#830 4 months ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Not true. I watched both movies back to back this week and the new one is actually very good and would also be a very good pin. Music in the new one is better.

possibly, but who wants Depp on their machine

#882 4 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Stern seems to have gone in the opposite direction of making much more simple games: Munsters and BKSOR for example. .....

Simple? Have you played IMDN or watched Stern's 2.5 hour stream.
This game is deep, I don't think I will ever figure it out 100%

#1015 4 months ago

I'm sort of let down after all the hype, which I should of expected.
Nothing that is this hyped up ever lives up to it.

Unless that's one amazing topper, I may downgrade to an LE

I sort of expected some sort of crazy mech I would of never thought of, a hole that opens up for multi-ball is not.
Still have to see it in person and flip it. It looks really good, just did not blow me over.

Woz knocked me off my feet when I first saw it, Hobbit a talking dragon, Pirates had the incredible upper playfield, DI had some cool toys

#1148 4 months ago

Keeping my CE spot untill I flip it and see the topper in action. Machine is growing on me watching the videos, but you have to flip a machine.

IMDN was not on my radar at all,didn't watch the reveal nor any streams.
Played a premium on location last month, fell in love, and now it's in my basement.

#1322 4 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Gene's face doesnt cost more. I highly doubt there is any cost related to that.

I have no clue if it does, but there is always the possibility that it does cost more
- JJP would have to deal with Dahl estate as well as the studio and
there are often some crazy hoops licensees have to go through

Just look at the restriction on using the word Brat

#1359 4 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

There's licensing involved with using Gene's image. The Dahl estate had a lot of pull with this project - they even removed the word "Brat" from the game.

I don't think they would have power of Gene's image - Just the film studio and/or Wilder's estate

1 week later
#1419 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's possible that Wonka was purposely scaled back a bit in terms of mechanical features due to JJP wanting a more reliable on location pin? Even the standard at $7500 still has a good amount going on in it.

I think so, there are really no complicated mechs that can/will break and, nothing wrong with that. It benefits JJP to get more games out there on location and in the hands of people that can't afford $9,000 machines.

#1493 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As a paragon of fiscal irresponsibility...I am considering getting an SE so I can get a first-run game, then selling it when the CEs finally ship.
Anyone else impatient and want their Oompa Loompa NOW, daddy?

Played 2 games in Allentown, not enough to form a solid opinion, but I think I am out on a CE. Was not really impressed with game, need more time on it but don't see how the CE is going to be worth 3k more then he LE. Heck, he SE is a solid buy

Hopefully i can get some more game time on it

.... And yes, flippers,felt week

#1623 3 months ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Just ordered a CE to Sweden, 16 000 USD - can´t wait

$16 grand USD - seems worth it

#1756 3 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

We also noticed the Stern locking mechanism is far superior, as well as Sterns Apron design is better in that it doesn’t require ugly metal fence to keep the ball from slamming into the glass above the apron.

I agree 100% the newer stern lockdown clips are way better than the older version. Not sure why it got so much backlash when it came out.

#1760 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's because of all the prior cost cutting and overall quality. The clips are more convenient, but they are a cost cutting decision. They are also less robust, which may be an issue down the road. The lock down system is not something you want breaking in a routed machine, so it's a fair concern. In home use, I prefer them. I just wish some of the savings went elsewhere in the machine instead of all to Gary.
Wonka!

Whatever the reason they are better and I like them - not much there to break and cause an issue
but 2 of my old william's machines had lockdown bar issues with the old lever type and they became a pain to lock

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside