3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,267 posts
  • 382 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by frankmac
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 195 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mar_demolitionman.gif
90DA6BD3-CE5A-420B-9898-1DEFFE02D6A1 (resized).jpeg
62ED461B-73EC-4968-AB9E-0A2103727754 (resized).jpeg
824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
ccc08.gif
F7B9CC9B-1FE0-4C66-80EF-A25FA8E09747.gif
1A1B01B5-6950-479E-913B-E031D895E650 (resized).jpeg
Rows of Pure Imagination.jpg
7B6DE0D2-8F7E-4241-8DBD-89C84D5FEBAC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 months ago

As good as di is ...id have to think pat l did some amazing things with all the possibilities he had to work with. Looking forward to another amazing jjp /,pat pin

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Expected release 2020

Revealing in few weeks and it sld be shipping within 3 weeks to a month afterwords. This is the reason its taken so long to reveal a new pin and why potc is halting production. I hope it all works out as planned as it will be a huge step fwd for jjp .

#162 3 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will be impressed once they start coming off the line; hoping it has some cool innovative toys and not bob the builder on a stick

If it has 3/4 the stuff dile has packed in it and shoots like di then it will be amazing..especially with the way jjp does theme integration with amazingly sound and video .

1 week later
#409 3 months ago

Glad i held off on potc ... getting super excited for Wonka .... as much as i love my dile im thinking wonka will blow it away.

#426 3 months ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

I won't be getting the 12,500 CE, but I will absolutely invest in the 9,500 Special Edition as I have reason to think the leap from Standard to Special will mirror PIRATES in that regard. In other words the difference between standard and special will be significantly greater than that between special and collector's. I am speculating of course.
That fascinating podcast also revealed that Pat Lawlor designed the game, which is another fact that seems to have been unknown.

Really? Pat has been known to be doing it for a while? Also is supposed to be doing toy s...

#611 3 months ago

In WONKA we trust.....

#662 3 months ago

Standard model may be more affordable but at what cost? Obviously the usual bling but if the price is substantially lower than previous models id guess some major mechs cld be missing?

#845 3 months ago

Its nice that the standard will be cheaper than usual but it will be missing more than the usual bling . Its nice to have options tho and jjp standard will still be miles ahead of sterns premium stuff. Le all the way on this one as most people will want the awesome features it offers along with the usual bling.

#846 3 months ago

Its crazy how much hype there is for this pin... i think there's good reason this time around and it will be a hit for most people. Im sure a few will be let down but overall it will be a winner and a good seller for jjp.

#849 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well i think a lot of people, including myself, have been waiting a long time for JJP to put the whole package together, theme, art, layout/design, code etc.
If Wonka is it, they have a GRAND SLAM on their hands and followed up by Toy Story.
This could be the year of JJP.

Yes sir.. very exciting year for pinball and jjp especially....

#850 3 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm more excited for this than I have been for any other releases in the last few years. I think a lot of it is because of how well they knocked WOZ out of the park. This is going to be similar yet more evolved, and with Lawlor too.

I have a le on preorder and can't wait... i love dile and wonka is even better bc of the theme and the way jjp does video/sound. How you been buddy? .been a while

#853 3 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

100 percent - and they don't half ass the code either. JJP pins are pretty darn special.
Still like shooting BW and Stern, but JJP has it's own style as well - and it is a good one.

Agreed.. jjp pins are special.. i love all pinball but some really stand out.

#864 3 months ago

People wanting the standard bc its gonna b cheaper sld wait for the revealing. It's missing some things that i think many will want ... so just wait before you settle on the standard version

#981 3 months ago

Looks pretty amazing... cant wait to c more

#989 3 months ago

Game has so much going on... plus a ton of stuff you can't even see

#994 3 months ago

Remember these are prototypes with earlier code...

#1006 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks amazing!

Play it for us please...

#1008 3 months ago

Looks amazing.. so much going on and great flow and shots. And the lighting ... wow..

#1011 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Game looks amazing!

Agreed .. so much going on...

#1022 3 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think JJP and Pat knocked it out of the park. I love the layout...so creative, so many shots. The flow and combos are really cool. It has that Lawler magic to it for sure.
I'll be getting an LE.

It is really unique and looks like a blast .. so much going on

#1023 3 months ago

Did i just hear 8 magnets? Holy shit

#1024 3 months ago

I love the stern fan boys saying there's nothing on the playfield... lmao . Stern skimped on a kickback coil on all models . Id like to see a list of everything Wonka has
..wow

#1044 3 months ago

I think the standard is a good deal for everything it offers... im still in on the le bc i like the extras .

#1051 3 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Where's the incredible interactive toy that the community demands from ....every ....single....Stern release ? A spinning gobstopper ? That it ? Did I miss something?
Not for me.
Cab art is cheap.
Sound would drive me insane, already was in stream, both the " my fair lady" stageshow music and the maniacal Wonka callouts.
Flow looks good.
Happy for people that want it though, enjoy.

Nope its the ball lock under that

#1062 3 months ago
Quoted from Vpv1rgin:

Maybe the mind blowing innovation was the floor disappearing for ball lock? Idk...

Correct.. its a fairly complicated mech. Floating target/motorized spinning hole/ball lock/subway/vuk and with variable speed spinning thing on top. It may even do more ..

#1066 3 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It does do all those things except blow my mind....

Its neat ... not sure what everyone was expecting? The game looks great imo.. lots going on with some neat tricks. The 7 magnets are pretty cool also

#1078 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Am I missing something.......just watched 10 minutes of the Buffalo stream and saw nothing but fairly basic animations. Saw nothing from the move at all. And the music was generic synth music that also wasn’t from the film.
Was anything mentioned about movie clip and music rights from the film?

Clips are in there... Obviously the code will mature and im sure there is still alot to add

#1171 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I plan to buy a standard Wonka but am curious. Oh my! For those announcing or planning to buy an LE instead of standard, was Wonkavator the deciding factor? something else?

I just think the le is the total package and the powder coat is really nice. I like all the extras it has

#1183 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

JJP pins at shows are like that. Get it home, raise the angle, give the flippers a little more power in the settings, and your are golden.

Yep everytime over the past 5 years I've played a jjp pin the flippers were weak at shows.

#1185 3 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've never owned a JJP. Can someone answer, does the LE blue powder coating include the entire ramps wires? I'm assuming that is what wireworms mean. Also, the external volume control feature, if going with standard does that mean you cannot control volume easily, like sterns where you just open the coin door and go up or down? Lastly, where can shaker motors for JJP be purchased?

Yes wireforns are powder coated ... standard will have stainless. You will be able to control the volume inside the coindoor like usual. Im not sure about jjp shakers but in assume jjp or your disrto will have them for purchase

#1188 3 months ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Does anyone know if JJP is still putting a jack for a subwoofer on the back of their games? Specifically, will Wonka have one?

It went away with di...

#1191 3 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I hope you are reading this Joe @ PinballStar!

Not anyone's fault.. its just how they are at shows.

#1199 3 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are the only differences in play fields the wonkavator? IF SE is missing inserts/lighting that would push me to an LE.

The back left corner is very different... Screenshot_20190413-223524_YouTube (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1225 3 months ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

At MGC I spoke with my distributor and the WONKA lead programmer Joe Katz. They told me there are fewer LEDs on the SE because the physical ball lock is not present on the SE and those LEDs are what results in the lower LED count. All else is the same. I ordered the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I believe there will be vendors making mods available for that upper left corner.

Im sure something can be added but that area is way different between the models... center ramp is located differently and looks like some other things? It wld be like tz without the gumball machine and vuk.
d6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-024850_Facebook (resized).jpg

#1252 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

No way! That elevator addition is overrated in my opinion. It's not a toy like the gumball machine - it's basically a giant clear VUK. I would be perfectly fine without it.
Now that standard art.... Yikes

It works similar to tz gumball .. diverter in the right orbit that sends it to a vuk that shoots it up and holds it until 3 balls are locked depending on setting. I think its a very nice touch especially with the 2 rgb flashers and 7-8 other rgb lights makes a nice effect. Its cool seeing the locked balls there also. I really like the way the middle ramp goes behind the backboard and disappears. Is it worth the extra money ...well that's in the eye of the beholder just like pinstadiums, color dmd and any other upgrades. I think overall with that and all the sexy powder coated things , shaker, invisaglass, better art and backglass and volume /headphone jack that it is.

#1259 3 months ago

Great review of the overall rule direction and some great pictures.... looks like a lot of modes and ways to approach the game

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

#1260 3 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Ramps are identical in placement, design, everything.

But it disappears and goes behind the wonkavator ...?

#1262 3 months ago

If i didn't want the ball lock and extra bling/ upgrades ..i have no issue with the standard art and wld own it no problem

#1264 3 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

While the art isn't all that great we are now getting a JJP game for a stern premium price and this is certainly something to celebrate. Sometimes its easy to miss the forest due to the trees though.
I'll take great gameplay and mechs all day everyday. I'm excited to get to play this soon.

Totally agree.. jjp standard offers so much more than most/any stern premium imo

#1269 3 months ago
Quoted from BigT:

I am on the fence with this...I have an LE on order but history has shown that JJP LE drops at least 1k in a year. If I get charged tax then I am probably going to wait and get one on the secondary market for hopefully around 8500. It will be interesting to see If the SE will hold their value. Stern premiums seem to take a smaller depreciation vs JJP LE because of their price point. Also there seems to be sweet spot to pick up JJPs on the secondary before the code is finished.

All these expensive pins take a hit .. stern pros 600-800 off the bat, stern premiums 800-1200
Jjp le 1-1500 depending on title
So many new pins and higher prices and its only gonna get worse. If someone cares so much they sld definitely wait for a used . I wait if i know its a pin i wont keep long term but i love jjp and pat pins so ill buy new.

#1282 3 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Might be more elaborate but that doesn't equate to fun and it looks terribly uninspired. Also it's the only mech in the machine. I mean whoohoo the enormously giant out of place gobstopper spun! So much fun!

Wonkavator lock? Also a subway ball lock under gobstopper? Lots of diverters ,3 ramps and 4 flippers with lots of shots. Tons of magnets and some saucers. The mech under the gobstopper is essentially a bash toy. Yep its horrible and is so boring none will sell most likely

#1294 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I was going to get a CE- but my main concern is like the other games JJP has released - they keep adding to the Editions
WOZ- Emerald, Ruby Red, Yellow Brick Road
Hobbit - Smaug, Black Arrow
WONKA- 50th Ann coming up- I see another edition coming.
5000 LE is not limited! They should be renamed.

It is the luxury edition....

#1296 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What some of you don't seem to understand is that competitors offer great art in this price range. Many of us love and expect great art at $7500. Just because Gene's face might cost more doesn't mean they can't create alternative art. It's absolute BS. I am 100% in if they improve the art and 100% out if they don't. I'm giving my opinion, just as you are. I'm NOT bitching.

I get that but the game and fun is on the playfield ... jjp standard offers much much more than a stern premium in that department.

#1340 3 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yes. I don't understand why you're arguing with me.

Huh? It was a question? Lol

#1401 3 months ago
Quoted from drained:

I am in the same camp, looking for some kinda answer on them. I disected the streams like a wierdo, only could find one instance of a movement and a single comment. With there being 6 mags on the field I hope there is more to them just than the random seldom movement. I know Lawlor loves mags, was hoping to see some DI type movement.. afraid they are not strong enough or poorly located. Hope it's just a code issue.
Could be deal breaker for me on buying.. I love magnents.

I actually like that they are higher up on the playfield... that way they won't cause as many unfair drains. I wld guess that they will be better coded (more active/powerful) on the next update.

2 weeks later
#1435 80 days ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Come play Willy Wonka and WOZ YBR at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !
Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On our way... looking fwd to playing this

#1437 80 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thank you Joe for posting this side by side pic of the SE and LE!
Makes me realize that while I would prefer to have Gene on there, I am fine with the SE artwork and trim. However, that back corner of the playfield does look pretty dark and lonely on the SE when you see it right next to the LE. I am wondering if it looks any better with the game on?
Can someone going to the show take/post this same pic with both games turned on?
[quoted image]

No lighting or anything in that area on the se.

#1440 80 days ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

These are still prototype games right?
I think the LE is just missing the Blue Wireforms right?

Yep it sld /will have those powder coated also

#1446 80 days ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I‘m hoping I can get an SE with standard stainless steel armor.

I believe the se will be ?

#1447 80 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry if this was talked about already but I just noticed this machine is being made. Awesome!! Love Willy Wonka.
Curious as for me, the main difference betweeen the standard and the limited is the Wonkavator Super Ball Lock. Can anyone tell me or post a picture of what the ball lock would be for the standard version? Only images that I seem to find are of the limited.

Gameplay differences are only the ball lock but the le comes with a nicer finish and more bling/upgrades

#1464 79 days ago

Put some time on wonka today.... all i can say is wow. Plays amazing with tons of shots and has great flow. Everything is very nice even on the prototype version. While i love my dile i can see wonka taking over as my favorite due to the variety of shots, amazing lighting, great theme, 4 flippers and much more. Also code on these were only around 55 percent done so much more to be added and smoothed out but its allready really good. Love the powder coat on the le and the wonkavator really finishes off the look especially with all its rgb lighting effects during gameplay. The Se is also good but just seems to be missing that one more thing especially the lighting ... but I'm sure the modders will make a mess of mods for that area. I'm sticking with the le and most people i talked to also ordered a le.. which was a good many people. Overall this is my favorite from the jjp lineup and its gonna sell a bunch ... lets get that line rolling jjp. Also spent time talking to jack which is always a pleasure. Was gonna order a se to play till my le is ready but im just gonna wait it out.

#1465 79 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Great, now JJP is charging us $500 more for less on the game. How can that be “in a good way”? That was part of the attraction of their first standard body table, lots of things to do on the play field.

Trust me there is plenty and actually more shots on Wonka....

#1506 78 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Unfortunately, similar to my impression of playing Pirates Of The Caribbean last year. The problem is weak flippers. I'm sure the flipper strength totally fine on the game. Last year I thought it was an amperage issue, putting too many game on one circuit. However, this year I had the same experience on Wonka. I am now suspecting the flipper voltage is being turned down in the service menu on the games. Why, would they do this? Probably to limit wear and tear on their display models. Is this a good idea?...probably not. Most people I spoke with had the same experience. When I played it, I couldn't make the right ramp regardless of how clean my shot was. I didn't bother to go back and play it after this. If you want people to be excited about a game and want to buy it, you need to provide them with the chance to have a good experience with the game. Otherwise, the game looked pretty and has some really neat features.

Not turned down... i was able to make all shots at the end of day fri night and the other tines i played it. They cld of been stronger but it played well fri from what i cld tell and see.

#1509 78 days ago

The game is great... sure its not loaded with toys but there's enough there ... but the layout and ramps are great. So many great feeling shots and all 4 flippers are important and well thought out. The full rgb lighting is amazing and will only get better. Can't wait to play this in a controlled setting with sound up ... also once the code is more finished there's no doubt it will be a excellent pin in especially in home use. This will be a huge seller for jjp once all said and done.

#1511 78 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with you totally. The voltage from the receptacles were fine. The power to the flippers are down. All other pins played fine in every other booth. Its every year. I go to the show to get a look and feel but thats it. I to hit the ramps perfect and it just came right back down. Very weak.

U play fri or sat? I was even able to backhand both ramps on fri.

#1542 77 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for the honest review. Haven’t played it yet myself, but worried too, that it is missing something(s). Compared to DI standard body it appears to be missing quite a bit. POTC also has way more in it.

Its totally fine and stuff on the playfield don't always equate to fun factor (look at sterns) . The four flippers with multiple shots from each one is what's awesome(with great flow). Throw in 2 physical ball locks, lots of magnets , 3 ramps, some diverters, captive ball and all the shots and its dam fun imo. I think once the code is matured and your able to play in a controlled setting with full sound/music, video and full rgb lighting with tons of inserts its really gonna be something special for most people. I love and have owned most jjp pins and this one brings it all together imo .

#1545 77 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Hope you’re right. I am a big Pat Lawlor fan. Will reserve my opinion until I play it, but it’s interesting to see what all the rest of you think.

I've owned most his stuff and love them all but Wonka has such a great layout and all flippers and shots are good and feel great. Dile is my favorite pin but wonka will be giving it a run for the money bc of the theme, lighting and amount of shots.

#1569 76 days ago

In home use i don't believe the wonkavator mb will be that difficult to achieve.... i activated the lock 2 times but the shot is tough to make with the weaker flippers at shows.

#1571 76 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not sure it's as much "hard" as it is "just don't know how" yet. I put about 2 hours and 75-100 games in during MGC, and by the end of that time, I was starting to get how to get the Super Ball Lock to engage. From there, it's just a ramp shot to load the ball. So, more education on the rules is needed, I think.
As to the comment on Casual players? I'm a casual player, and I will be getting an SE. And I want the carry-over. So there

Its actually a the spinner/orbit shot from upper left flipper..

#1611 75 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What about the other 100 good reveiws of people that played Wonka.Do you appreciate their honest reviews?

Don't seem like it... looks to be looking for only negative reviews lol.

#1621 75 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I love who gives my family the best enjoyment and entertainment value for our hard earned money. And the greatest resale value if we get tired of it. Not a fanboy of any company. Just trying to see the value in WW and it’s getting more difficult to find, because of the very high costs compared to other companies offerings.
Saw the value in WOZ when it was $6,500, now the same table is being offered for $11.5k value to dollar ratio is not good at all at new high prices. WW is not even close to WOZRR in value for money ratio. Difficult to find in BK as well and did have money on an LE but cancelled for the time being till I can play it.
I fear what most should be very concerned about. Is JJP pricing themselves out of the market?

How do you come up with this value ratio? Woz is a good pin but di and wonka are much better to play imo. So many more shots and playability with wonka and di layout. Also every new pin will decrease in value at today's prices but id bet the se wonka won't fall to much when all said in done. You sld just wait to buy a nice used huo model if your worried about value. Jjp prices on wonka will be fine and they will sell plenty of all models.

#1625 75 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Agreed he didn’t jump on anyone. He gave us all an honest appraisal and something we should be thinking about before possibly blowing over $10 grand is what I’ve gotten from it. Not saying an SE is totally out yet, will still look into it. Value to dollar ratio is getting very hard to justify. It seems to appear that, JJP pricing for NIB might be way too high?
Like my new friend f3honda4me said, “I was disappointed in the lack of innovation Wonka had compared to Dialed In”. I would have to agree with him. My problem is, I like the movie and Pat’s work, so trying to justify it. But the more reviews that confirm my fears...

I have a crazy idea... how about you play it and make your own decision. Not everyone likes the same stuff so basing your purchase power from others reviews isn't the answer. I know it sounds crazy but just wait to play it in a controlled environment and decide for yourself.

#1673 72 days ago

Stern also does pros for the first month or so to get them.out to ops and overseas.
and then some le are made. They then do some premiums for a bit then back to finish off le with some pros thrown in.
Jjp has always did standards first to get them out in public so more people can play them. Then they do few hundred le models and then run the ce editions.
From what i have gathered they are doing 150 standard wonka's first which sld be on the line in the next week or two. Then the first batch of le wonka's will be ran which is usually a few hundred or so. The ce editions will be on the line after those. Jjp is not stern but jjp pins are also much more involved which takes longer to build. Di was shipping within 6 months of release then the potc mess took much longer. I suspect Wonka will be shipping within a month or so which is around 2 months after the release ... which i believe is what jjp wanted to happen. I'm happy to wait as jjp pins are really great and worth it imo.

#1790 67 days ago

The wonkatania mode has some the best lightshows ive ever seen... so intense .

1 week later
#1939 60 days ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I bet we won't even see SEs by July.

First batch of se sld be shipping in the next few weeks from what i have gathered...will c what happens i guess

1 week later
2 weeks later
#2109 30 days ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

That’s because it has so much less to assemble vs DI or POTC.

Its has a good amount of stuffScreenshot_20190412-234501_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg...

#2194 26 days ago

Once the code gets done this game is gonna b a must have pin for most people.. the newest code is allready a huge improvement from what most have seen and played. Jjp really don't slack on code and i don't believe wonka will be the first. Jjp knows how to listen and make a amazing experience no matter what's on the playfield.

#2226 25 days ago

Pat l uses a different setup on his sling area so hopefully no issues.... di didn't have any sling issues as far as i know. New code looks so much better... its gonna b such a great pin when finished.

#2228 25 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, from what I saw the slings had the same starpost at the bottom as Dialed In.
Have you played it yet?

Yea... same setup as di..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,500.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside