824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Spot on here. The sounds just bothered me so much in the stream. I want one, because I played it and it shot great, but not with these sounds. While the sounds may “fit” the theme, together they’re just not a good package. Can JJP ever add an enthusiastic “Jackpot!” callout in a game?

It's a shame too, since, IMO, the "Jackpot" callout on Twilight Zone is by far the best one in all of Pinball. I wish that same sound team had followed Lawlor.

I'm disappointed by the "generic narrator" they used for callouts as well. Surely there is a Gene Wilder impersonator out there, right? Or were they worried about issues with his estate (like I heard they apparently had with Serling's on TZ)?

Excited by the game though. I just hope they get the code right.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I need to watch the latest stream. It has been a few weeks since I have watch one. Can someone share what they believe is the best stream to date?
Thx
-Frank

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/425409636

This is the latest Twitch one.

1 week later
#1953 4 years ago

I don't see where this has been asked (which is probably my answer), but what are the chances that an aftermarket Wonkavator could be modded in to an SE? You could then upload the LE/CE code to it and have the same functionality as the others. (My experience is limited to 90s Bally machines so I'm not sure if there is some sort of DRM or whatever that would make this impossible). Thoughts?

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Because it’s still the same machines as 2 months ago

Yeah I think thats why people keep mentioning that one machine is missing an Oompa Loompa. It fell off in the first 5 minutes of the Buffalo stream.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You guys can relax, we got all the typos after we did prototype artwork.

Please tell me you didn't change the "Brats" insert to "Kids" as was indicated during the MGC stream. "Brats" is way better (and more accurate).

2 weeks later
#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well bring the hype fellas bc I love Pinball hype..... Seriously I do. This game is a big disappointment to me (going from NIB to bar play with huo potential) but I'm still excited to play it.

That's a crazy emotional swing for a game you haven't even played yet. Waiting might be a good choice for you.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

haha
who doesnt like pirates!? i was off of pirates too when i heard they didnt get the assets. But the sound guy JJP had for pirates did amazing things to make up for it. I think losing that sound guy really hurt wonka.
And the commentators in both games is a no comparison.
But i was just sharing my feelings. I hope you guys enjoy Wonka and its exciting to see it shipping and relatively quickly. I hope the code matures into something great.
When i first heard JJP was releasing Wonka i was really thinking this was going to be the next WoZ for JJP. Unfortunately i dont think its going to be. And imo the decision to make this operator friendly and go with a standard body will be a big reason it wont. I think JJP is making a mistake using this title for their push to get games on location. They should have made wonka for the collector wide body and absolutely loaded if they would have done that nobody would be complaining and the hype would be unreal right now for this game. Should have waited and used a theme like GnR or something else for their push for JJP on location.

Pat Lawlor didn't want to do a wide body. I like toys as much as the next person but give me a good shooter by a great designer over something like WOZ which has tons of stuff but doesn't play as well.

I'm waiting until I get a chance to flip it, and to see if there are any major mechanical/ playfield issues. If those go well, I'm in on an SE (which will be my second pin purchase ever in 13 years). Love the theme, huge fan of Lawlor. The lack of any real artwork by Youssi is a waste (he is one of the greats, especially when given room to actually DRAW), but I don't find what is there unappealing by any stretch.

1 month later
#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

It doesn’t seem like the game plays ANY different without the wonkavador and it’s 2k less right? Or am I missing something?

The SE plays great. With the exception of a lock that stops the flow of the game to put a physical ball up on the Wonkavator, the other changes on the LE are cosmetic (With the exception of the shaker motor and exterior volume control, both of which you can add later to your SE easily). You have to decide if those differences are worth another 2 grand for you. They were not for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=adipocere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.