824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zavadoza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You know, one thing about that video. Those everlasting gobstoppers were used in the Johnny Depp Wonka. The original Wilder Wonka had weirdly shaped multi colored gobstoppers that were not spherical or ball shaped.
It’s possible wonka is a mix of both new and old, or maybe even Johnny Depp Wonka.
OR maybe those are colored toy balls from toy story.

monologue (resized).pngmonologue (resized).png
#183 5 years ago

Just sold Guardians. Flying out to MGC. Excited to play WW and BKSOR. Pretty sure I'm in for Wonka, but obv going to play it first. No doubt it will be an awesome game.

So much content with this IP that would be fun for a pb machine. I like Pat's games and the quality of JJP. It will probably come down to pricing.

20190330_175806 (resized).jpg20190330_175806 (resized).jpg
#208 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Delt31, I completely understand. I did get carried away but I wanted to be sure to counter or at least put in a good word for the music in the original film. But fair enough, I do respect your position.

Just link the article, instead of plagiarizing. That way those that want to read a whole article can and you give credit to the source.

https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/42-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-1970/

#242 5 years ago

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review as part of our musical countdown. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together.
I am a 36 year veteran schoolteacher and film, music, opera and book reviewer.
So hence I am the source and I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!

Your maniacal internet laughter is frightening, Sammy. A man of your age shouldn't get so excited. Good for you on being the original author. I would suggest still linking the article, or a shorter excerpt (too long for the forums).

#302 5 years ago

It's from the Zynga app for Wonka Slots, which is led by Joe Kaminkow, who has a working relationship with Christopher Franchi. I didn't care to look it up, but I'm assuming Franchi did the artwork for it.

I don't believe he did the art for JJP WW.

#328 5 years ago

Word problem:

These all came in the mail today. 2 of them came together. JJP order had 4 items total. If Burger King sucks, how many sheets of Invisiglass did I buy?

See y'all in Mikwaukee. We ready!

20190402_173227 (resized).jpg20190402_173227 (resized).jpg
#345 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping pat steps up this time and offers some better toys then the ones that were in dialed in

In addition to what Panzer said, the quantum theater is incredible. With the display and the magnet, it's a bash toy, spinner, and a drop target. The interaction with the display when you hit it, and the loop that's behind it make it a very satisfying shot to hit. It does a lot of different things. It's one of the best toys in pinball.

Nobody mentions the laser beams that make your flippers shake, and the fact that there aren't just magnets in this game... there are five! It's insane.

If the game were called "Chaos in Quantum City" or " something that did not reference a phone, it would have had a better reception. I didn't like the theme on reveal. I ordered the game when I played it at TPF 2 years ago because it's amazing. To me, it's a disaster game, not a phone game. The phone is just the tool that creates the disasters.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

If it's Gene Wilder Wonka then I'm in and I'm so ready.

Can we stop saying this? There's only one Willy Wonka.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a different film. If it was called that, then you can worry.

#434 5 years ago

That fascinating podcast also revealed that Pat Lawlor designed the game, which is another fact that seems to have been unknown.

Unknown to the self-proclaimed aficionado. The rest of us knew it for over a year. It's been well publicized.

#438 5 years ago

Wow, you really have it in for me. I NEVER EVER said I was "THE self-proclaimed aficionado," I said I was one in the fraternity of pinball lovers. If you bothered to read this thread you will see several posts up that someone else (bigd1979) politely and amicably mentioned what you just did and I responded that I regret not listening more closely

“LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO.....I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!”

You didn’t say this? Just using your words.

I personally don’t care, but just ribbing You for tooting your own horn and laughing hysterically at others.

#584 5 years ago

One big thing being announced on Friday is pricing for the standard. Apparently it's going to be significantly less than the $8,500 of the previous game. I wonder what "significant" means. $7,800? $7,500?

It would be great for JJP to have a model priced in same range as Stern Prems and American Pinball. 3 more days and we will see!

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Imagine how bad the grandparents' room must've smelled. Those poor bedridden souls ate cabbage and ripped Dutch Ovens 24/7.
No wonder Grandpa Joe got up and bailed out with Charlie.

Probably better than this airplane I just boarded. Milwaukee bound! Woo!!

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Pssst Joe.....Am I still in the "Circle of Trust"

Only if you show up in that Richie costume like you did at expo.

#940 5 years ago

Candy!!

20190412_185957 (resized).jpg20190412_185957 (resized).jpg
#947 5 years ago

Peek-a-boo

20190412_191036 (resized).jpg20190412_191036 (resized).jpg20190412_191041 (resized).jpg20190412_191041 (resized).jpg
#950 5 years ago

So much excitement in the room. CE is red powder. LE is blue

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:No headphone jacks on any versions.

Oh. Ok.

20190412_202627 (resized).jpg20190412_202627 (resized).jpg
#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

The cabinet art is not special at all between LE and CE.
The red armor clashes with the game and cabinet.
The topper is nothing special.
I hate custom shooter rods and I’d actually replace the gobstopper handle.
That leaves me with a $3000 delta for pinblades and radcals

I bought an LE. However....

You should see it in person. The side cabinet art is dramatically more rich (radcals too). The mirrored backglass is really nice. The playfield art will be different and have the sparkle in it. The red armor pops and I think it looks great. It’s really beautiful. I don’t like custom shooter rods, but the gobstopper looks nice and feels good too. Was easy to use. The wonkatania topper will have interactive lighting with the game.

This is the first JJP CE I would consider. I’m glad the LE doesn’t feel like something is missing. You wouldn’t go wrong with either if you plan on keeping the game for a while.

#1111 5 years ago

Drop the Kaneda comparisons. You're knocking the game because you bought in to the superfluous rantings of a clown. Go hate on him on his mediums, not the game forum that he is banned from.

This game kicks ass. Going to do a long post at the end of the weekend to give my $.02.

#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Needs an Oompa Loompa mode
And where is the Chocolate river? Multiball or mini wizard.
Need a few more branches on that Code sheet up there please

Chocolate river and waterfall on side of cabinet.

I got a Wonkatania Mania mode and he sings the creepy song and yells just like the movie. It's great.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I plan to buy a standard Wonka but am curious. Oh my! For those announcing or planning to buy an LE instead of standard, was Wonkavator the deciding factor? something else?

Art, Invisiglass, blue powder armor and wireforms, shaker, and wonkavator (having all game features).

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And they needed a mod to fix the grinding noise.
Not a big fan of toppers anyhow unless its AFMrLE style, WH20 or even MBrLE.

JJP didn't make their CE topper for POTC. Back Alley Creations did. So I doubt JJP does anything to improve a mech they did not design or produce.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I played WONKA at MGC and the flipper power was great in the presentation room at the reveal. They took the pins into the hall the next day and some of the pin's flippers seemed a little weaker and the top one seemed to lag a bit. So ... if you play one of these at a show, keep that in mind. When they set them up before the crowds get there, the power is probably stronger then too.

This is exactly what happened. And every time I played a game with you and your wife, we were all terrible for some reason. When I played by myself, my score was much better.

#1287 5 years ago

The player: "We don't need all this extra crap. All I care about is game play. Powder coating, toppers, and art don't add value. I just want to shoot it."

JJP gives you that with the SE and now you've become...

The collector: "Why isn't there better side art on this thing?"

So get an LE.

JJP can't afford to have a massive shift to the SE pricing. The margins are lower (for JJP and Distributors) on the SE model. It's meant for being put on location (in a row of games), or for folks that want a great game, but can't get up to the LE price range. As is, the SE stands out against similarly priced competition. Art isn't as good, but just about everything else is better (subjective opinion). The lack of art is ABSOLUTELY a deterrent for home buyers. We all know this.

I get that it's expensive. We would all love a $9,500 game for $5,000. We all want pricing to be what it was 6 years ago. There are lots of comments here telling JJP how to run their business. If you are such a business expert, you can probably afford an LE.

I'd like better art on the SE. That is partly why I purchased an LE instead. I get why they did it. I could have chosen to just not buy anything. People that want to own a JJP game should all be glad there is now a more affordable option, instead of this trite complaining about having a model that's now $2,000.00 less.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Um, WOZECLE was $6500. Hobbit LE & Smaug Edition were $7500. Just sayin’.

Woz pricing was sold at a loss as the first JJP game (and b/c they didn't compromise on any costs of what is in the game) and not all WOZ ECLE's were sold at that price. Most were sold at $7,500. SEE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-emerald-city-le-for-sale
Early WOZ pricing anomaly that can not be duplicated and not a model to use for what games should be priced at (for companies that want to stay in business long term). Not sustainable. WOZ LE is now $9,500.

$8,500 for Hobbit LE and Smaug. Always have been.

Just sayin'

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What some of you don't seem to understand is that competitors offer great art in this price range. Many of us love and expect great art at $7500. Just because Gene's face might cost more doesn't mean they can't create alternative art. It's absolute BS. I am 100% in if they improve the art and 100% out if they don't. I'm giving my opinion, just as you are. I'm NOT bitching.

Gene's face doesnt cost more. I highly doubt there is any cost related to that.

Some games hide behind great art. Awesome art and not much in terms of everything else. Standing in front of Wonka, it blows away the other games in the same price range in terms of gameplay, looks, code, and features.

But you're entitled to choose buy it or not. LE and CE look really nice. SE will earn well on location. There had to be a deterrent from the majority of games shifting to the SE. Don't hold your breath on that art changing. It won't and I don't blame them.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just hope JJP goes back to designs with upper or lower play fields that are innovative in the future. WONKA is fine the way it is, but I like the extra challenge in an upper play field like JJPOTC and WOZ. WONKA is a fun game to play with smooth shots. It seems that Pat stayed clear of playfield holes that would need cliffys to keep them from chipping. The gobstopper hole is not part of the wood play field. The saucer areas should be fine. The wonkavator VUK "might" need something, but only gets used once in a great while. I forgot to look at that more closely.

To me, you get the additional gameplay of an upper pf and more with the 2 upper flippers. Because the left one shoots all the way across the game and it's a great shot when it hits that little loop to the saucer hole (which probably will need a cliffy). It also hits the gum targets. The right one sends the ball up a ramp which is also more satisfying than hitting a target on an upper playfield. I really like what he did there.

The ball is on the ramps a lot on this game, which are long and curvy, so you also get that feeling of the ball being on a higher level quite a bit as well.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

what is a Bugatti?????
I got a viper or two...Does that count???
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't believe your license plate frames aren't powder coated.

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's pretty apparent that David Thiel isn't working on JJP games anymore.
And that's NOT a good thing

He is still updating sounds on Pirates. I was hanging with him on Friday before the show and we ran into Eric Meunier. He told him about a few sounds he just updated in the game.

I love that about JJP games, it continues to get support.

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't honestly say I have any real faith in Deep Root, been burned too many times. Show me shipping games, then we can talk. But tell you what, the fact that they've got David Thiel is one hell of an asset. Not just because he's good at his job, of course he is, but also really a good voice to have in the room when it comes to just about anything pinball.
Why he and JJP parted ways is his business, but imo they're worse off for no longer working with him.

David said why he went with deeproot. It's in his 3 hour interview with buffalo pinball. 3 year guaranteed contract.

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I am in the same camp, looking for some kinda answer on them. I disected the streams like a wierdo, only could find one instance of a movement and a single comment. With there being 6 mags on the field I hope there is more to them just than the random seldom movement. I know Lawlor loves mags, was hoping to see some DI type movement.. afraid they are not strong enough or poorly located. Hope it's just a code issue.
Could be deal breaker for me on buying.. I love magnents.

Placement: 1 magnet is above the upper left flipper to hold the ball when you need to go across the playfield to hit the spinner shot.

In the pic you can see the mini lights (which look awesome in person and I'm sure even better in the dark). There are six circles. The 3 on the right are right on top of each other. The 3 on the left make kind of a triangle

Usage: Pat Lawlor told me that during multiballs they will be activated. I dont know if that is all the time. Great question for the stream tomorrow. I believe they are already in and will be in other modes/mini modes as well.

Imagine those magnets working together. Pat said they make some pretty neat patterns and coordinate with the lighting as well.
Screenshot_20190418-221708_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190418-221708_Gallery (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For clarity that is not the CE. It an LE with a CE backglass and that is also not the final red for the rails. Those were used as placeholders per the designer. All Playfields are also LE. Just clarifying should any CE buyer think that’s it.

Also, that is not the CE backglass. It's the LE backglass. The CE is a reflective mirror with Will Wonka alone in the center. The metal wonka sign and the kids are ont he LE backglass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zavadoza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=Zavadoza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.