824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 5 years ago

In?...maybe....

#494 5 years ago

I think this #12 thing is getting real...how many CE's are they making? I'll just take one of those (maybe #53, but not that concerned...none of my LE's match)...

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This isn't a DI thread and nobody gives a shit about that game while we wait for Wonka.
DI is LONG ago in the rear view mirror and its time move on. Sales were terrible.
The great defenders can waste their breath and time
WONKA time

WONKA CE= IN( what's the actual pinside acronym?) !!!..now where the hell am I gonna put it....

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I used WWCF in the club thread

Like .....club thread? haven't seen it.....

#1113 5 years ago

Had a chance to read, look at some the streams/ posts this morning.......where I'm at (this only one voice, mine):

a) Think the game is beautiful in its own way...am sure it looks even better in person. Looks very WOZ-like, and still give the edge to WOZ ECLE as my favorite of the 2, but haven't seen it in person.
b) Playfield - all kinds of stuff/ toys in there, could be great, could be meh, will have to play. am sure the sparkle playfield will be outstanding.
c) Theme - Like it, given the direction JJP tends to go w their games. Never "head over heels" for it, but w Pat at the helm, it's the most appealing element at the moment...and for me, theme does matter
d) Art - I'm no expert (not by a mile) but does seem overly "busy"...could be wrong there.
d) Music - not truly amazed, but then again, haven't been able to play it along w the tracks
e) price points - sort of is what it is....if I buy one, it will be because it's the one I want...not dictated by the price.

Summary:

This is a game I will HAVE to play before buying...period. Given the CE's aren't projected until "summerish" (hmm), and LE's are limitless, suspect I'll have plenty of time to decide. It just doesn't bring the over the top "wow, have to have it/ landmark" for me without playing first. Doesn't mean I won't own one, but not without playing quite a bit first.

I've been fortunate to be able to put my hands on/play an example of all my machines before purchasing, even the originals (WOZ, Alien, BM66LE). They were pretty much useless at that point. WOZ was a landmark machine, had to have it...truly was amazing at the time ( still is), BM66 was absolutely a slam dunk in theme and art dept (also first Stern w screen)...lyman on the code, again, a no brainer, and amazing when the code caught up, AlienLE was unplayable at expo, but the theme and potential were off the charts for me...I was lucky to get one and make it the reliable monster it was meant to be.

I saw and played DI, it was an easy "no" w zero regrets. Went to expo that year expecting to bring home 3 titles, as Pat is amazing and I WANTED his first new reveal very badly...not to be.

Chris (HEP) has my TZ up on it's legs, and can assure you when I get that back, there will be massive "wow" back in the lineup, and will take a backseat to nothing out there, period. Truthfully, knowing that it's coming home soon, sets the bar very, very high for any new machine adds.

MunstersLE is oddly the only machine that I bought without playing one first (theme just clicked easy for me), and (flame away) it exceeded my expectations for what it was built for.( Mini PF is soo minimized in reviews, but I'll keep it out of this thread). could sell tomorrow, but definitely love it, and not happening.

I WANT a Pat WONKACE!!!!, But will have to play it first......mark

3 weeks later
#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% correct Kaneda
We are supposed to be in the "announce the game and then ship the game" mode.
Once again, that doesn't seem to be the case. Delays.
I'm in on a CE too but if its not coming until this Fall then its another failure. How many more games will be announced between now and then?
I'm still waiting on my POTCCE.
I don't get it.

But no worries....mods already available.....good grief!!!

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

And the "but, the ce version will be better because they fix issues that show up with SEs and LEs" isn't enough of a perk to overcome the negative of waiting.

Shouldn't most of the "fixes" be dealt with before any are released? None of these are cheap..I don't get, nor believe it..(sigh)

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, unbelievable Mark!

Oh, very believable Doug...the undercurrent is getting ridiculous....frankly, sick of it...

#1670 4 years ago

Everyone complaining about game prices (rightfully), yet the vultures are capturing the best margin at an exponential rate, and no one seems to notice.

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The other risk of not locking in the high margin CE's is if early reviews don't come in really great then people will drop down or drop out.
For JJP, I don't think Jack even cares, same story for 8 years. Tell us what we want to hear, collect the big deposits and then worry about it later.
They have raked in a shit ton of Wonka order $$ that had to be sent by the distros based on the "announce and ship" promise.
Now its back to the same old BS.

Something not right, for sure...it's been years, and I so want to get another JJP in my gameroom

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Maybe go and play a JJP machine, especially the more recent releases like DI, JJPOTC and WONKA. The answer to this and many of the other questions you have been asking will be answered immediately when you do.

Maybe just go play and buy the one you want....news flash..they ALL break, to say otherwise is ridiculous. To your point, I'd recommend playing a WOZRR as opposed to any of the "newer" you listed. How many of those 3 even exist in the wild by comparison? WOZ easily outnumbers them all combined, and for good reason (he might actually find one close to play, as well). Good grief

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Cabinet wood is one of the most obvious. Leg bolt areas reinforced. You don’t see a massive difference in what’s on the playfield? Mechs, toys, etc?

Might be an interesting comparison using Munsters and POTC (different thread?). Munsters has plywood bottom, cabinet wood definitely harder than prior Sterns, and leg bracing is at least the equal (w extra cabinet bracing)..built like a tank. It has (arguably) the most inclusive and innovative "toy/mech" of any machine...legit, multiball, mini lower pf, a bash toy that appears from under a ramp, another w magnet hold in front, and way crazy light show, interactive to gameplay. Like it or not..a serious, innovative add. Mono targets and basic coding have been attacked endlessly. We know POTC strengths and weaknesses (this is sort of a JJP thread).

Which machine is built better for what it does? My Munsters has hundreds of plays, and short of one lower pf ball stick (nudged it free, and they've already modified wireform down there to correct..yes, a wireform on lower pf) have had zero problems...not one.

POTC? hmm......back on topic...I'm still in on WonkaCE and love my WOZ. Would just be nice to know when they actually show in a completed state and delivery schedule. Release to ship dates simply cannot be debated, after years. A clear winner exists here. PLEASE BRING ON WONKA...ALL VERSIONS W ACTUAL RELEASE DATES SO I CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. (sorry for all the caps).

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for pointing one thing out. My friend and I compared Munsters wood cabinet and POTC. They are both equally solid and made from nice wood. Looking at older Sterns, I can’t say the same for the cabinet, but Munsters is equal to JJP.
We also noticed the Stern locking mechanism is far superior, as well as Sterns Apron design is better in that it doesn’t require ugly metal fence to keep the ball from slamming into the glass above the apron. Sterns actually follows the contour of the glass incline by special design (this observation doesn’t make me a Stern fanboy).
Mechanical items are not the same. Munsters has had no issues for him, where his POTC has had numerous. I’m giving actual reasons that I’ve discovered. Now will those that wish to point out from these two tables, please tell me quality differences? Unlike many, I’m open minded and want to know. After all these things are big purchases.

This....

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They are not the same wood. You also ignored my comment about the corners. The way the cabinets are made is a huge difference. There’s a reason this thread exists for stern and not JJP:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step
And these differences continue throughout. You wanted specifics, I gave you a couple examples. If you still don’t understand there are differences then no point in continuing to name more.

Old thread....Munsters suffers from none of this..pop the top on one. I was pleasantly surprised.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Last time I checked, the title of this thread was "Wonka Is Coming !!! Who's In?"
Not name calling or bashing, but it's easy to start your own thread comparing Stern and JJP build quality and I'm sure many will chime in with the specifics you are asking for. Good luck!
Cheers.

Thank you...back on topic in this one....where's Wonka??? (and I AM in on a CE..anxious to play one)

#1714 4 years ago

I'm stoked to play one next weekend at GSPF. Will be sure to post lots of pics/opinion/etc/yaddayadda

A CE?....super jealous...please give us all the scoop....great news!!

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks I’ll have to look. Would be nice if stern stopped cheaping out on every little thing.

JJP does it too (go look at the threads)...last post from me on this topic in this thread...

#1717 4 years ago

In the GSPF (and CA for sale) thread I believe it is an LE

No matter...all news is good news..

Gonna have to see a real CE (glitter and all) before I drop that kind of $$$ on one, however....surely soon...

#1731 4 years ago

No point bashing or pumping either company here...Plenty of that in other threads. I'm watching/engaging in this thread for Wonka news, thoughts, and insight only.

Has anyone actually seen a CE play field yet ( may have missed it)...thanks

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys could just stop taking the bait. Just because someone posts doesn't mean they're worth responding to, practice a little discipline. You know what bothers trolls? Being ignored.

True....I was bored...

1 week later
#1851 4 years ago

Out...Another CE for someone...The POTC thread is the hardest read in memory for me...

Left Mike a VM...Hope it is a great game for those that are in....Done w JJP nib for the foreseeable future...

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Confused. So you dumped your POTC CE or Wonka?

both

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just got my nib potc le a week ago and I’ve had no issues at all, not a single one. Not all games are problematic, seems like a hasty decision to give up on wonka because potc has issues.if you dont like wonka game play, that’s different, but I don’t understand the link to potc.

Really, really hope yours stays good, and the QC, delivery schedule of these start to exceed expectations...nothing hasty in my decision. Look forward to playing a Wonka on location at some point, but that's about it for now....

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Fair enough, but I never thought I’d like potc as much as I do. It has me questioning why I own some of my other games, it’s that good to me. Even if I have issues down the road, I’ll address them and keep on playing. My view is likely different from others as I love the hobbit and DI too, not a fan of woz. I think I’ll like wonka a lot, but I am concerned about the high cost of these games.

Not intending to derail a hype thread...simply stating that I was "in" on both, and am now out. I'll leave it at that.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Such a gross overreaction it's almost comical to actually read... POTC is amazing despite the out of box tweaks that we've had to make thus far (we have a POTC CE) and it didn't even remotely factor into our Wonka CE pre-order decision...
To each their own sure but sometimes the hysteria is amusing...
Jeff

couldn't disagree with this post more...tweaks? ...you can't be serious....ruined pf's w washers as a "fix" for 10k?

(I'm out of the game now, so no more comments from me....apologies...just really pisses me off)

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I agree. My point here is not "everyone" is having this issue and to overreact when you don't even own the game just seems silly to me. If you are experiencing this issue personally then absolutely it should be something you should be upset about. To cancel your order(s) because you read a thread online has never made any sense to me personally...
Jeff

ok....truly last post in this one......I didn't just read about it...received 1 phonecall, and 3 pm's from pinbuds who were fuming over this, and I'm upset they are having to go through this (they own the game). Post your "rare" pf issues in that thread...it's growing daily.....defending poor QC has never made sense to me...done..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.