824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#300 5 years ago

Ok ..this showed up on Facebook today; I get that it might be an April fools joke. Is Franchi doing art work for Wonka?
734B4660-2A9A-4AFB-A65D-A083C170566E (resized).jpeg734B4660-2A9A-4AFB-A65D-A083C170566E (resized).jpeg

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I certainly hope this is true, love everything he does.

I am with you....Franci on art would be amazing!! I think this is an April fools joke...but hope springs eternal.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's from the Zynga app for Wonka Slots, which is led by Joe Kaminkow, who has a working relationship with Christopher Franchi. I didn't care to look it up, but I'm assuming Franchi did the artwork for it.
I don't believe he did the art for JJP WW.

Thanks. I thought this might be April’s fool, but do we know who might be on the art?

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Okay, had a friendly talk with my new bff, the dark lord himself, kaneda. I never denied his excitement or words, just wanted to keep people on their toes. There is a lot of misinformation out there. While I dont agree with all the things he does, no one can deny his excitement for what he did today.

I am glad to hear this...this is the first podcast of his I have heard.

This is good for JJP, K really makes me want WONKA. Knowing what the theme of the pin is doesn’t detract from the reveal. If you look at Stern, we know what the next one is and it helps build excitement for the reveal. Let the hype train begin!! Confirmation of it being a standard body, Gene Wilder, designed by Pat, awesome mechs and theme integration that is a JJP trademark only helps. This what we wanted know a week out.

Let’s get this train rollin’. I am planning on calling JerseyJen on Monday to place my order for an LE.

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

an observation was made by someone who played wonka last week that the mechs appeared to LESS complex than earlier JJP games and felt they would break down less, thus requiring less upkeep/maintenance. sounds pretty cool if a simpler game could captivate mainly on improvements in the areas of sculpts/plastics/visuals. IMHO, it would mean such games could have been made all along.
and as far as expectations for this game go...dont forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted.

If you look at DI the mechs are reliable. Most of the problems are on the phone, the theater magnet and the drones. I am lucky my phone has been problem free, it is such a great use of an lcd on a play field. My drones have also been trouble free, they still spin. The theater magnet was an easy fix in adjustments. The actual mechs on the play field have been solid including the theater, which is amazing when coupled with the magnet and display. The theater implementation is what I wanted on my GBLE. I am guessing is that they will eliminate items like the drones, I am hoping that they don’t eliminate the play field lcd. It has been great on TH, DI and POTC.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

My guess is that a playfield LCD and camera = Wonkavision.

I forgot the camera....my kids play DI because of that camera. I don’t know anyone who has had issues with it. I am looking forward to seeing how it is implemented.

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've never understood why JJP even calls it an "LE".
That's probably what I'll end up with though.
There is nothing "collectible" about 500 games i don't care what the title is, especially at $12,500.
However, i still can't see them selling more than 200-300 CE's anyhow.

IMO JJP’s LE should not be labeled as an LE. It should be classified as premium, but stern has already taken that name. JJP LE just have the upgrades that most people want...powder coated armor, invisiglass, upgraded lighting, shaker motor and some cosmetic details.

In other threads you have mentioned that the current pricing has taken the flippers out of the game and I completely agree. When you flirt with 9k price pins lose their value. Stern LE’s sell at a substantial loss compared to the pros and premiums. Something that has hurt JJP is that their pins sell for substantial lower in the secondary market, POTC is their first exception. I am hoping that WONKA has a limited time for production and no special releases, but I am not holding my breath.

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks amazing.. so much going on and great flow and shots. And the lighting ... wow..

The lighting is amazing!!!

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I cracked and put in a deposit for an LE last night...I'm weak.

I guess I am in the minority but this looks amazing to me!!

The ramps look great, magnets all over the place, wonka vision is amazing, and the light show is mesmerizing. My concern is how often the gob stopper spins. I know that there is concern about the lack of call outs, but JJP has proven that it will be fixed.

Looking forward to owning this one day.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let the hypesters pre-order....they'll get bored of it as they always do, chase the next new shiny...you get to buy a used one, save money & tax! Win win!

I am on the fence with this...I have an LE on order but history has shown that JJP LE drops at least 1k in a year. If I get charged tax then I am probably going to wait and get one on the secondary market for hopefully around 8500. It will be interesting to see If the SE will hold their value. Stern premiums seem to take a smaller depreciation vs JJP LE because of their price point. Also there seems to be sweet spot to pick up JJPs on the secondary before the code is finished.

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All these expensive pins take a hit .. stern pros 600-800 off the bat, stern premiums 800-1200
Jjp le 1-1500 depending on title
So many new pins and higher prices and its only gonna get worse. If someone cares so much they sld definitely wait for a used . I wait if i know its a pin i wont keep long term but i love jjp and pat pins so ill buy new.

I am with you on all of it. My backup plan is knowing that a distributor in a neighboring state doesn’t collect taxes in my state and that is probably what I will do. I have said to a couple of friends the only regret I have is not buying in the secondary, but there is nothing like opening a NIB.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All these expensive pins take a hit .. stern pros 600-800 off the bat, stern premiums 800-1200
Jjp le 1-1500 depending on title
So many new pins and higher prices and its only gonna get worse. If someone cares so much they sld definitely wait for a used . I wait if i know its a pin i wont keep long term but i love jjp and pat pins so ill buy new.

This is a pin I want, early reviews are combination of WOZ and DI. I have both and this sounds great to me. As rare has said once the new has worn off people will be selling; should I wait and pick up an early adopters. How much is the NIB process worth to me, is it worth 1k. As Iceman says we are moths drawn to the NIB experience and am I willing to be burnt by it...probably

Edit iceman44 I know you never said the moth statement, I was just taking liberties with your past posts. If you want me to change it just let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in?tu=BigT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.