824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

For the love of God, stop complaining. And he didn't give anything away that they didn't allow him to give away.

I listened to his podcast, I see what you mean now.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He seems genuinely excited, and I'm super excited for Jersey Jack!

#403 5 years ago

wow he's saying the magic is back and is super pumped. I wonder what the thing is under glass that is the right size and will work well? I think it''s a 2nd LCD?

#404 5 years ago

I'm kinda excited what the camera feature is... Call me corny, but I love the camera integration in Dialed in. I hope Jack has to make machines 24/7 the rest of the year to keep up with demand.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What number podcast is it? Latest I see is from 3/26.
Mind you, I've never listened to a podcast before

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-334-well-i-played-wonka

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just click this

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-334-well-i-played-wonka

#408 5 years ago

Ty

#409 5 years ago

Glad i held off on potc ... getting super excited for Wonka .... as much as i love my dile im thinking wonka will blow it away.

#410 5 years ago

I've already said this is going to be the game that re-shapes the pinball world. Everything JJP has learned, experienced, all the ups and downs is going into this game. This will be the game where they show everyone HEY WE GOT THIS!

Line them up because Wonka is going to set the new standard not a company who's never made a game but JJP!

#411 5 years ago

I'll agree with Kaneda on this "JJP is driven by passion, Stern is driven by profit". Sounds like he is blown away by the game and thinks it will be JJP's best game to date.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

If it's Gene Wilder Wonka then I'm in and I'm so ready.

I am too. And would be excited for Pinfest if Wonka will be there!

#413 5 years ago

Okay, had a friendly talk with my new bff, the dark lord himself, kaneda. I never denied his excitement or words, just wanted to keep people on their toes. There is a lot of misinformation out there. While I dont agree with all the things he does, no one can deny his excitement for what he did today.

#414 5 years ago

I think I am in for WW CE #12....But what do I know.....

#415 5 years ago

Just a pitch for WWCF since WW is already used to identify 2 games.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Okay...So its ..

WWCF CE????

#417 5 years ago

Man just listened to the podcast. He sounds so excited which is now pumping me up for this game. Cant wait to see it.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for that.....

#419 5 years ago

I sold my Dialed In two months ago and have been patiently waiting for a replacement. I’m hyped! I don’t know about $12,500 for a Collectors edition. For $3,000 extra , it better have an actual Oompa Loompa inside it.

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I sold my Dialed In two months ago and have been patiently waiting for a replacement. I’m hyped! I don’t know about $12,500 for a Collectors edition. For $3,000 extra , it better have an actual Oompa Loompa inside it.

It does.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Agreed. Been trying to make it stick in another thread for over 4 months now. There are already two or 3 other games using "WW"

Quoted from arcademojo:

How about WWCF for Williy Wonka's Chocolate Factory

#422 5 years ago

Really happy to hear earnestness and joy from Kaneda simply playing a pinball game. That is exactly the spirit, spark, fire and fun that pinball can create, in such a significant and often all too elusive way!

I've felt bits of that every single time I've seen a JJP game, so congrats to all involved on hopefully making this as fun a reality as Kaneda and Joe had today!

Yay for Jack, Keith, and Pat and everyone involved!

#423 5 years ago

Was IGN there?

#425 5 years ago

I won't be getting the 12,500 CE, but I will absolutely invest in the 9,500 Special Edition as I have reason to think the leap from Standard to Special will mirror PIRATES in that regard. In other words the difference between standard and special will be significantly greater than that between special and collector's. I am speculating of course.

That fascinating podcast also revealed that Pat Lawlor designed the game, which is another fact that seems to have been unknown.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

I won't be getting the 12,500 CE, but I will absolutely invest in the 9,500 Special Edition as I have reason to think the leap from Standard to Special will mirror PIRATES in that regard. In other words the difference between standard and special will be significantly greater than that between special and collector's. I am speculating of course.
That fascinating podcast also revealed that Pat Lawlor designed the game, which is another fact that seems to have been unknown.

Really? Pat has been known to be doing it for a while? Also is supposed to be doing toy s...

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Pat has been known to be doing it for a while? Also is supposed to be doing toy s...

bigd1979, I regret not listening closer. But great news for sure on both games!

#428 5 years ago

I’d suggest people clear a space. The game is sweet perfection. Can’t wait to share it with everyone in a few weeks at Allentown Pinfest ! Just an extremely satisfying day start to finish at JJP.

Joe / PinballSTAR

650AD18E-0A3C-4EAF-B704-C5CDC370EA0D (resized).jpeg650AD18E-0A3C-4EAF-B704-C5CDC370EA0D (resized).jpeg
#429 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I’d suggest people clear a space. The game is sweet perfection. Can’t wait to share it with everyone in a few weeks at Allentown Pinfest ! Just an extremely satisfying day start to finish at JJP.
Joe / PinballSTAR
[quoted image]

Thank you for that glowing post celebration Joe! Can I ask your opinion on the probable models? Do you envision the Standard, Limited Edition and Collector's Edition like Pirates?

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe / PinballSTAR
[quoted image]

I think I am in for WWCF CE #12......But what do I know......

or #12 Something.....

I am bringing my sign to the reveal....

"Please Powder Coat the Coin Doors"

#431 5 years ago

absolutely stoked to hear Kaneda today. this is going to be mind blowing pinball. im in on a LE for SURE!!!

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think I am in for WWCF CE #12......But what do I know......
or #12 Something.....
I am bringing my sign to the reveal....
"Please Powder Coat the Coin Doors"

Richie - are you #12....or something? Wasn't sure! haha

I do hope your doors do get powdered. You've been asking for SO long.

#433 5 years ago

I’m. So. Fucking. Pumped.

#434 5 years ago

Unknown to the self-proclaimed aficionado. The rest of us knew it for over a year. It's been well publicized.

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Unknown to the self-proclaimed aficionado. The rest of us knew it for over a year. It's been well publicized.

Wow, you really have it in for me. I NEVER EVER said I was "THE self-proclaimed aficionado," I said I was one in the fraternity of pinball lovers. If you bothered to read this thread you will see several posts up that someone else (bigd1979) politely and amicably mentioned what you just did and I responded that I regret not listening more closely. Now you come barging in to insult me for no reason whatsoever. Sad. And since when does the innocuous word "aficianado" (fan) equate to some kind of an all-inclusive expert? (which I am far from). But I'll get over it as there is nothing but excitement here today!

#436 5 years ago

Thank you for that glowing post celebration Joe! Can I ask your opinion on the probable models? Do you envision the Standard, Limited Edition and Collector's Edition like Pirates?

Yes I think that’s not going to change and nothing different coming along those lines.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yes I think that’s not going to change and nothing different coming along those lines.

Fantastic! Thanks Joe!

#438 5 years ago

Wow, you really have it in for me. I NEVER EVER said I was "THE self-proclaimed aficionado," I said I was one in the fraternity of pinball lovers. If you bothered to read this thread you will see several posts up that someone else (bigd1979) politely and amicably mentioned what you just did and I responded that I regret not listening more closely

“LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO.....I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!”

You didn’t say this? Just using your words.

I personally don’t care, but just ribbing You for tooting your own horn and laughing hysterically at others.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow he's saying the magic is back and is super pumped. I wonder what the thing is under glass that is the right size and will work well? I think it''s a 2nd LCD?

I’m going to make an uneducated guess that it’s the gobstopper machine which could be the ball lock and it spits out the Pinball’s as a gobstopper multi-ball

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

“LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO.....I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!”
You didn’t say this? Just using your words.
I personally don’t care, but just ribbing You for tooting your own horn and laughing hysterically at others.

First off, WHY would you reference a post from pages back on this thread, especially since I received plenty of upvotes for my defense of a false charge leveled against me, one that resulted in a member being ejected from this thread. I did say I was a "pinball aficionado and collector." What of it? If I stated that I was a baseball fan, does that means I am asserting myself as a baseball expert over others? When I use the term "aficionado" in my writings I employ it as a synonym for "fan." I wasn't "tooting my own horn" remotely (I really have nothing to toot as I am probably in the bottom third in pinball expertise), I was basically saying I love pinball. Am I allowed to do that? I was defending myself against a FALSE CHARGE and was laughing at the absurdity of the comment made by the ejected party that "he was Santa Claus too." My laughter, which you earlier described as "manic" was basically ironic. Seems like nearly all understood what I was saying except for you, with your absurd contention I was "laughing at others" which of course I was not. I was responding to the false assumption with a humorous underpinning. I really would appreciate if you let me celebrate and discuss this extraordinary upcoming game. I can take ribbing of course, but I do feel I was right to defend myself earlier. (I was even a good sport on the post where you stated my laughter was manic and gave you an up vote even though I wasn't in agreement).

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Pssst....Joe....

Can you please call me when I get back to the office - or Can I call you.....or text you.

Pssstt....Joe ....????

JOE???????

JOE!!!!!!!!!

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

absolutely stoked to hear Kaneda today. this is going to be mind blowing pinball. im in on a LE for SURE!!!

He definitely sounded excited, Brenda and Bubba must have been impressed too by this “masterpiece”. I’ve never heard him this excited about a pin in a while. Looking forward to next week

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hahahaha. After the 100% aliens and 100% confirmed big lebowski scandals, it amazes me that not only do people still listen, but they still believe what he says.

Never mind

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Would fit, never say never.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Pssst....Joe....
Can you please call me when I get back to the office - or Can I call you.....or text you.
Pssstt....Joe ....????
JOE???????
JOE!!!!!!!!!

Down boy... You have your #12 you know that. But you know what’s funny I actually had 3 different people today ask for it jokingly. You’ve got quite a following Richie.

#446 5 years ago

Ahh the anticipation..., this is a grail pin for me... if it is WW, Oh sweet baby jebus please be true

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

When did it all become about Wonka? In my day it was called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The movie was never named "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." Long before it ever hit the silver screen, the title was changed to "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." There were two reasons for this: 1. The NAACP objected to Roald Dahl's book, the Oompa Loompas were originally black, so the movie was renamed to draw attention away from the book and; 2. Quaker Oaks paid $$$ to finance the film, wanting to produce a new line of candy bars, and eventually adopting "Wonka Bar" as the name, so the movie was retitled in support of the tie-in.

The funny thing is that the candy bars did not make it into production in time for the film. Many years passed before Wonka candies made it onto the market. And they really had nothing to do with the book, or the film, they were just using the 'Wonka" name. Quaker sold the candy subsidiary and it was eventually picked up by Nestle. The candies made today under the "Wonka" name still have nothing to do with the film. Trying to compare the on-screen Everlasting Gobstoppers to the jawbreakers that are sold by Nestle today is beyond stupid.

/AnotherOldGuyRant

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really happy to hear earnestness and joy from Kaneda simply playing a pinball game. That is exactly the spirit, spark, fire and fun that pinball can create, in such a significant and often all too elusive way!
I've felt bits of that every single time I've seen a JJP game, so congrats to all involved on hopefully making this as fun a reality as Kaneda and Joe had today!
Yay for Jack, Keith, and Pat and everyone involved!

I heard Kaneda mentioned something about being excited for Keith's code work. Keith is the lead on Pirates and at TPF Eric mentioned that Keith had been working on that games super wizard mode so he may still be working on Pirates (or both). Ted Estes is the lead on Dialed In and is likely the lead on Willy Wonka considering he wasn't the lead on Pirates. I would then expect for Keith to be the lead on the fall title JJP announces.

Both Keith and Ted have worked on each others games. I recall Keith saying something about work he did on Dialed In and Ted did a ton of work on the last few Hobbit updates that heavily improved it's code even though Keith is the lead for that game. I couldn't imagine having two better pinball programmers to work on a game then Keith Johnson and Ted Estes.

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Down boy... You have your #12 you know that. But you know what’s funny I actually had 3 different people today ask for it jokingly. You’ve got quite a following Richie.

Okay.....Okay.....Joe

Can you tell me this.....

Was there a little powder on the coin door?

I mean .... was there a hint of powder.

I think that would be safe to say without giving out the title or breaking any contracts.

Hmmmmm --- A little powder on the door?

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How can you be in on a game without even seeing it?

FAITH --

and a zero balance credit card helps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.99
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/9?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.