824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 46.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

The Depp version...is not Wonka... if they do that.... FAIL!!!

#352 5 years ago

In?...maybe....

#353 5 years ago

Here is the problem with JJP, I thought for sure I would be in on a WOZ CE because DUH who wouldn’t want the ULTIMATE version of Woz, then JJP announces YBR and OMG I had to email the distro and tell him to return my deposit as WTF is JJP removing the monkey for!

So, am I IN on WONKA? YES, but that could change after the reveal...

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

So, am I IN on WONKA? YES, but that could change after the reveal...

I'm out if Wonka has a monkey!

#355 5 years ago

What if wonka has a mechanical squirrel that picks up and carries off the ball.

My head just exploded.

#356 5 years ago

I think I am in for a CE #12 -- But What do I know....

I am texting Joe @ 3 to see if there is ANY chance that this time MAYBE there could be a Powder Coated Coin Door for the CE Owners -- or a coin door that dispenses jelly beans.

Either way I would be happy

#357 5 years ago

“Contract clearly states no monkey.. .. etc etc ..”
C2C84FD9-5350-4A62-ACF6-D11E6F4CCF82 (resized).pngC2C84FD9-5350-4A62-ACF6-D11E6F4CCF82 (resized).png

#358 5 years ago

I'm definitely IN for WONKA unless in the most unlikely scenario the game is poorly received. I can't see that happening in view of JJP's past successes and what appears to be the most spectacularly glowing pre-order response of any machine yet produced by the reigning build quality champions of pinball. However as I have only recently purchased MMR, AFMR LE, WOO Emerald and in weeks MBR LE I can't negotiate the expected 9,500 price tag for another year. So I will play it on location until that time. I am assuming that the machines will not be physically available until maybe October of this year, despite promises to ship within a few months (which I don't see as realistic all things considered). There is no game I would ever want more than WONKA and I've requested it repeatedly on many threads dating back a few years.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

I'm definitely IN for WONKA unless in the most unlikely scenario the game is poorly received. I can't see that happening in view of JJP's past successes and what appears to be the most spectacularly glowing pre-order response of any machine yet produced by the reigning build quality champions of pinball. However as I have only recently purchased MMR, AFMR LE, WOO Emerald and in weeks MBR LE I can't negotiate the expected 9,500 price tag for another year. So I will play it on location until that time. I am assuming that the machines will not be physically available until maybe October of this year, despite promises to ship within a few months (which I don't see as realistic all things considered). There is no game I would ever want more than WONKA and I've requested it repeatedly on many threads dating back a few years.

I'm willing to bet they start shipping in May.

#360 5 years ago

They're having some sort of media tour of Wonka at 11 in the factory...curious to see if anything leaks.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

They're having some sort of media tour of Wonka at 11 in the factory...curious to see if anything leaks.

Yeah heard something about that as well. I don't believe JJP has ever done something like that with a game before so it's cool to see they are trying a new strategy to increase marketing of a new game. Also must mean they are feeling very confident about the game performing well!

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm willing to bet they start shipping in May.

Hmmmmm "f3honda4me" my friend, you are really throwing me a curve ball there, though mind you a very appealing one. Shall I or shall I not? Do I fork over the 8K for the MBR LE in two weeks or do I hold on to it pending the reveal and shipping plans on WW? (thus holding off on the MBR LE until next year when it will still be very very easy to obtain as were the past two CGCs which are STILL available). I think you have succeeded (though not your intent of course) in having me put a HOLD on the MBR LE until I know how the WW scenario unfolds and what the reception is regarding the machine (expected to be rapturous). S so difficult to decide with WW, MBR LE and PIRATES all for the taking! Thank you!

#363 5 years ago

Need to hear and see this during the reveal

#364 5 years ago

Hmmmmm "f3honda4me" my friend, you are really throwing me a curve ball there, though mind you a very appealing one. Shall I or shall I not? Do I fork over the 8K for the MBR LE in two weeks or do I hold on to it pending the reveal and shipping plans on WW? (thus holding off on the MBR LE until next year when it will still be very very easy to obtain as were the past two CGCs which are STILL available). I think you have succeeded (though not your intent of course) in having me put a HOLD on the MBR LE until I know how the WW scenario unfolds and what the reception is regarding the machine (expected to be rapturous). S so difficult to decide with WW, MBR LE and PIRATES all for the taking! Thank you!

As someone who wants to add another pin in the next couple months, I am putting my money on Wonka delivering. All signs point to JJP doing everything to get this game shipping quickly after reveal. I think they are taking a page out of Stern's book in this regard, and it's a great decision.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

As someone who wants to add another pin in the next couple months, I am putting my money on Wonka delivering. All signs point to JJP doing everything to get this game shipping quickly after reveal. I think they are taking a page out of Stern's book in this regard, and it's a great decision.

My friend, I have no reason to dispute what you are saying nor even to be mildly skeptical. I am assuming the reveal is only a few days away to boot.

#366 5 years ago

My friend, I have no reason to dispute what you are saying nor even to be mildly skeptical. I am assuming the reveal is only a few days away to boot.

All signs say the reveal will be april 12 7pm at MGC in Milwaukee.

#367 5 years ago

i would say that if you have 2 weeks until you have to pay for MBr LE, then you have plenty of time to see the reveal and decide on what you want. Games will be shipping soon after the reveal, but that doesn't mean that yours has to. If you would like to discuss more (about moving payment out, not about the next game), let me know. We are very accommodating to our customers.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah heard something about that as well. I don't believe JJP has ever done something like that with a game before so it's cool to see they are trying a new strategy to increase marketing of a new game. Also must mean they are feeling very confident about the game performing well!

I heard this also,hopefully we can at least get first impressions,but no details

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i would say that if you have 2 weeks until you have to pay for MBr LE, then you have plenty of time to see the reveal and decide on what you want. Games will be shipping soon after the reveal, but that doesn't mean that yours has to. If you would like to discuss more (about moving payment out, not about the next game), let me know. We are very accommodating to our customers.

My friend, I have noted your availability and will await the reveal next week. Thank you!

#370 5 years ago

Games will be shipping soon after the reveal

giphy[1].gifgiphy[1].gif

#371 5 years ago

If it's Gene Wilder Wonka then I'm in and I'm so ready.

#372 5 years ago

I don't particularly care for a Willy Wonka theme on a pin. Don't know why. I liked the Gene Wilder movie a lot as a kid. The Depp version was... well, the movie was okay, but I don't like Depp (this is why my PotC missing Depp movie clips wasn't so bad, really).

It's just not a theme I really see working well in a pin. But hey, I'm 100% open to being proven wrong and still very excited to see what they reveal. And Toy Story *is* something that I think has great pin potential.

#373 5 years ago

When did it all become about Wonka? In my day it was called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

/OldGuyRant

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

When did it all become about Wonka? In my day it was called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
/OldGuyRant

I'm 52 and have never heard it called Charlie and the Chocolate factory over Willy Wonka until the remake.

#375 5 years ago

So how long do you think a person has to purchase a game, I know I want a "LE' because it has X+Y in it and once your in for 8 why not 9? but I only have half of the funds raised, thinking another 4 months before I have all of it... or will I get boxed out?

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So how long do you think a person has to purchase a game, I know I want a "LE' because it has X+Y in it and once your in for 8 why not 9? but I only have half of the funds raised, thinking another 4 months before I have all of it... or will I get boxed out?

An LE would be available the CE is what would sell out. If only 250 are being made, that should actually sell out, if the game is what we all hope it is.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

If it's Gene Wilder Wonka then I'm in and I'm so ready.

Can we stop saying this? There's only one Willy Wonka.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a different film. If it was called that, then you can worry.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

for us, we take a small deposit if you want to go out further. once the game is almost ready to ship, then we ask for final payment. if at that time you are not ready, then we will hold it for a bit longer.

#379 5 years ago

A person on the inside has come up with this highly detailed Microsoft Paint 1999 mock up of the game. Seems like there's a large boat toy from the chocolate river scene in the game that allows the player to lock different colored balls into the paddles of it, a "Candy" mini playfield in the upper left, and a large spinning "WONKA" bar in the middle. Only a left flipper on the bottom of the playfield as well, a first in pinball. Hmmmm?

lol jk

wonka (resized).pngwonka (resized).png

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

/OldGuyRant

The book yes. The movie no..

Book: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (by Roald Dahl) (1964)
Movie: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (by Roald Dahl & David Seltzer) (1971)

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A person on the inside has come up with this highly detailed Microsoft Paint 1999 mock up of the game. Seems like there's a large boat toy from the chocolate river scene in the game that allows the player to lock different colored balls into the paddles of it, a "Candy" mini playfield in the upper left, and a large spinning "WONKA" bar in the middle. Only a left flipper on the bottom of the playfield as well, a first in pinball. Hmmmm?
lol jk
[quoted image]

Now THIS is what I call a leak.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Movie: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (by Roald Dahl & David Seltzer) (1971)

Oh, haha.

#383 5 years ago

The game is 110% no question no doubt about it Gene Wilder. Jack himself told me that. Hopefully that debate ends. I will tell you this, I like the Depp movie, I like the backstory, and Depp was amazing as Willy Wonka.

With that being said that film is NOT a classic, Gene Wilder is and always will be Willy Wonka and that is not to take away from Depp.

Wonka is Gene Wilder and any pinball game should be based on Gene Wilder just like anything else licensed from that franchise.

Gene Wilder will always be known for his many amazing films like Blazing Saddles, Stir Crazy, Young Frankenstein which would also make a cool pinball... but his legacy is Willy Wonka.

Depp's legacy is Captain Jack.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator was mandatory reading for me in grade 4, never read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The game is 110% no question no doubt about it Gene Wilder. Jack himself told me that.

Yes I'm sure Jack personally told you details about a game, not to mention confirm the game, that has not yet been revealed but everyone else they make people sign NDA's for.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The game is 110% no question no doubt about it Gene Wilder. Jack himself told me that. Hopefully that debate ends. I will tell you this, I like the Depp movie, I like the backstory, and Depp was amazing as Willy Wonka.
With that being said that film is NOT a classic, Gene Wilder is and always will be Willy Wonka and that is not to take away from Depp.
Wonka is Gene Wilder and any pinball game should be based on Gene Wilder just like anything else licensed from that franchise.
Gene Wilder will always be known for his many amazing films like Blazing Saddles, Stir Crazy, Young Frankenstein which would also make a cool pinball... but his legacy is Willy Wonka.

That is a 110% FACT

#387 5 years ago

Anyone else a roller coaster fan? I feel like Wonka is a well guarded secret like a new Cedar Fair roller coaster. With equal speculation.

I’m really on the fence about buying a Wonka vs. a used WOZ. Part of me wants to buy NIB just to support JJ....

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I thought his legacy was that Wonky character Gilbert Grape

#389 5 years ago

Well, Kaneda played it, and said is basically blow your dick off good. He ordered a CE on the spot.

#390 5 years ago

Ba Bam!

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well, Kaneda played it, and said is basically blow your dick off good. He ordered a CE on the spot.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Kaneda? See him mentioned often...

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Kaneda? See him mentioned often...

Listen to Episode 334: "Well, I Played Wonka" by KanedaPinball #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-334-well-i-played-wonka

#393 5 years ago

He confirms it's a standard body. THANK GOD

Really speaking well of it - wow. I'm pumped.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He confirms it's a standard body. THANK GOD
Really speaking well of it - wow. I'm pumped.

Also confirmed it is Wilder.

#395 5 years ago

So he broke his NDA and JJP will let him order before everyone else?

#396 5 years ago

Hahahaha. After the 100% aliens and 100% confirmed big lebowski scandals, it amazes me that not only do people still listen, but they still believe what he says.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So he broke his NDA and JJP will let him order before everyone else?

For the love of God, stop complaining. And he didn't give anything away that they didn't allow him to give away.

#398 5 years ago

The standard body and wilder stuff is true so you guys can settle down.

100 percent and ass tattoo!

#399 5 years ago

Hahahaha. After the 100% aliens and 100% confirmed big lebowski scandals, it amazes me that not only do people still listen, but they still believe what he says.

Go listen to it and tell me he is BSing...

#400 5 years ago

easy - he got ahead of himself and it's b/c he loves this hobby so much and was excited. Even though he said rumors, he took it too far. He already apologized. Move on.

He's the best at what his does. Period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/8?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.