824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 46.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Ok ..this showed up on Facebook today; I get that it might be an April fools joke. Is Franchi doing art work for Wonka?
[quoted image]

I certainly hope this is true, love everything he does.

#302 5 years ago

It's from the Zynga app for Wonka Slots, which is led by Joe Kaminkow, who has a working relationship with Christopher Franchi. I didn't care to look it up, but I'm assuming Franchi did the artwork for it.

I don't believe he did the art for JJP WW.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I certainly hope this is true, love everything he does.

I am with you....Franci on art would be amazing!! I think this is an April fools joke...but hope springs eternal.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's from the Zynga app for Wonka Slots, which is led by Joe Kaminkow, who has a working relationship with Christopher Franchi. I didn't care to look it up, but I'm assuming Franchi did the artwork for it.
I don't believe he did the art for JJP WW.

Thanks. I thought this might be April’s fool, but do we know who might be on the art?

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thanks. I thought this might be April’s fool, but do we know who might be on the art?

The thread was started 6 days ago.

#306 5 years ago

Really intested to hear who JJP brought onboard for the games audio as well as callouts. With David Thiel now exclusively working at Deep Root for a period of I believe 3 years (contract) maybe JJP will bring back Chris Granner?

In regards to callouts what would work? Most or all of the actors that played the kids in the movie are still alive but now being older wouldn't sound anything like their characters. Gene Wilder has sadly passed away This means voice actors. Personally I think custom Ompa Lompa callouts could be cool, "...I've got another multiball for you" lol. That wouldn't be enough though. Maybe Willy Wonka callouts using a voice actor?

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

For me it starts to become whether it is worth going from a 2 to a 1 pin collection, there's only so much money I can justify tying up in a pinball collection. I trust that JJP knows this, though, and is not just pulling out prices randomly and they're doing what's best for their business. At any rate, I'd rather there be an option to buy a Wonka pin at a high price than no Wonka pin at all. I hope they succeed even if it's out of my depth.
I do think for these prices, JJP really needs to start nailing themes. Original themes might still work, but it has to be a pretty compelling one. In my opinion Wonka and Toy Story 4 fit this bill (at least in the states -- it seems Australia has no love for WW, for example).

Let me assure you Australia has a lot of love for WW. So much so there is one on its way here already.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really intested to hear who JJP brought onboard for the games audio as well as callouts. With David Thiel now exclusively working at Deep Root for a period of I believe 3 years (contract) maybe JJP will bring back Chris Granner?
In regards to callouts what would work? Most or all of the actors that played the kids in the movie are still alive but now being older wouldn't sound anything like their characters. Gene Wilder has sadly passed away This means voice actors. Personally I think custom Ompa Lompa callouts could be cool, "...I've got another multiball for you" lol. That wouldn't be enough though. Maybe Willy Wonka callouts using a voice actor?

I think Oompa Loompa callouts for the entire game would get old quick. Definitely for a mode, but in small quantities only. I'm hoping it'll be a mix of movie audio clips, with a Gene Wilder voice actor for the main game callouts. I can only imagine what a Wilder "Jackpot!" callout would be like...

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think Oompa Loompa callouts for the entire game would get old quick. Definitely for a mode, but in small quantities only. I'm hoping it'll be a mix of movie audio clips, with a Gene Wilder voice actor for the main game callouts. I can only imagine what a Wilder "Jackpot!" callout would be like...

"Jackpot. I knew you would. I just knew you would!"

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah, hopefully they found someone who does a pretty close if not spot on Gene Wilder impression. I think that one is going to be hard to pull off. Gotta have him in there, would kinda be like WOZ not having the wizard voice actor in it for callouts.

#311 5 years ago

God I hope it's not this guy, he's shite...

#312 5 years ago

10 days until all the complaints come in!

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

God I hope it's not this guy, he's shite...

That's not an impression to me. It definitely IS some weird dude dressing up, though.

#314 5 years ago

This theme is already dead to me .... Just kidding. Cant wait to see it. It would be cool if there was a home use coin door option that worked as a candy dispenser.

zombie-art-gene-wilder-rip[1] (resized).jpgzombie-art-gene-wilder-rip[1] (resized).jpg
#315 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Id like to see an oompa Loompa mode with that girl (whats her face) who blows up and turns blue. The full rgb gi can shift to blue and you have to hit specific targets to squeeze the juice out of her (that's what the movie says anyway.) And then another mode with Charlie and his grandpa floating up to the ceiling fan. Every correct target you hit "burps" as you try to get them safely to the ground. I hope they flash those creepy ass scenes with the chickens head cut off and the weird shit in the tunnel. I hope it comes without nuts cuz Im allergic.

Her name was Violet. The blueberry girl.

#316 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190402-105940_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190402-105940_Instagram (resized).jpg
#317 5 years ago

Buffalo Pinball will be at MGC and we’ll be streaming! You may want to keep an eye on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball for interesting things.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Buffalo Pinball will be at MGC and we’ll be streaming! You may want to keep an eye on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball for interesting things.

Ah cool, you'll stream the friday evening presentation then?

#319 5 years ago

I’m a big fan of the Gene Wilder Wonka. I’m looking forward to this game.

My price arguments about JJP have nothing to do with the gameplay and quality. Also, my arguments aren’t aimed at location play.

If I had location play nearby, I would likely put a good bit of money into JJP games.

As a home buyer, I’m just not willing to spend that much.

*all statements by pinball collectors are subject to change at the release of a new title and rarely hold true for long!

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah cool, you'll stream the friday evening presentation then?

Yes indeed! https://www.twitch.tv/events/AHiXvEsySCesN6MUd6nYiA

JJP-MGC (resized).pngJJP-MGC (resized).png
#321 5 years ago

Great then I'll just watch live while I'm there lol. I was offering to stream if no one else was going to. Glad you are doing it then!

#322 5 years ago

Thanks for streaming this guys! I won't be there until Saturday morning so it'll be good to see what to expect when we arrive. I already warned KingPin that we'll be bull-rushing his booth when we get there

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for streaming this guys! I won't be there until Saturday morning so it'll be good to see what to expect when we arrive. I already warned KingPin that we'll be bull-rushing his booth when we get there

My wife & I better get in all the games we can on Friday night then.

#324 5 years ago

No leaks? I need to see this.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

All distributors have seen it in person or by pic. None will say or show anything. So with that being said, we must all order directly from JJP to teach them a lesson.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

All distributors have seen it in person or by pic. None will say or show anything. So with that being said, we must all order directly from JJP to teach them a lesson.

I wouldn't agree with the first part of this statement. While I'm sure some have seen it, not all. I find it great that no one is "ruining christmas" for the rest of the pinball community. If you really have nothing to keep you occupied for 10 days, I envy your amount of free time.
I do agree with the second part though.... I could use a day off.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

Leave at 7am est, arrive at 7pm CST (with gas stops). I've done worse for less of a payoff.

#328 5 years ago

Word problem:

These all came in the mail today. 2 of them came together. JJP order had 4 items total. If Burger King sucks, how many sheets of Invisiglass did I buy?

See y'all in Mikwaukee. We ready!

20190402_173227 (resized).jpg20190402_173227 (resized).jpg
#329 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I wouldn't agree with the first part of this statement. While I'm sure some have seen it, not all. I find it great that no one is "ruining christmas" for the rest of the pinball community. If you really have nothing to keep you occupied for 10 days, I envy your amount of free time.
I do agree with the second part though.... I could use a day off.

Im just messing. I do know 2 that have seen it. I enjoy letting it build up. Keeps it exciting for sure.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im just messing. I do know 2 that have seen it. I enjoy letting it build up. Keeps it exciting for sure.

BS. And Jack doesn't like you anymore for not buying NIB

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BS. And Jack doesn't like you anymore for not buying NIB

You seem to know all. You are a wise little man.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You seem to know all. You are a wise little man.

I'm not a "little man" Sky. But you are the JJP BS artist as confirmed by Kingpin. You just throw BS out there don't you!

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really glad to hear that pricing appears to remain the same. According to Kaneda, this game is expected to be shown this week which would be great. Excited to see what's coming up for WW.

I would like to believe this, too, but according to whom is the pricing model unchanged?

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I would like to believe this, too, but according to whom is the pricing model unchanged?

Apparently Jack himself emailed him.

Here's the thing though - this game is expected to be a standard body yet priced just like POTC, a widebody. If that's the case I guess the price went up 500 since standards generally are cheaper.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently Jack himself emailed him.
Here's the thing though - this game is expected to be a standard body yet priced just like POTC, a widebody. If that's the case I guess the price went up 500 since standards generally are cheaper.

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? Just wondering where this stuff comes from.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? Just wondering where this stuff comes from.

Not corroborating just explaining what I heard. kaneda mentioned Jack emailed him and mentioned this about pricing. Take it for what it is - uncorroborated statement

#337 5 years ago

I'm totally not following this part of the convo, obviously. I'll wait for the actual reveal and pricing from distros as opposed to he said/she said. Also, Kaneda.

#338 5 years ago

Hoping pat steps up this time and offers some better toys then the ones that were in dialed in

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm totally not following this part of the convo, obviously. I'll wait for the actual reveal and pricing from distros as opposed to he said/she said. Also, Kaneda.

Of course you will like the rest of us. Anything before then is all rumor but fun to react to it.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping pat steps up this time and offers some better toys then the ones that were in dialed in

Really??? The theatre and phone are Phenomenally integrated into that game. Plus incredible magnets and flippers being attacked.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Really??? The theatre and phone are Phenomenally integrated into that game. Plus incredible magnets and flippers being attacked.

I know right! Smoking something weird!

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I agree on DI. There's magnets. Yay? Just design the right flipper shot properly and it's a step in the right direction.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I agree on DI. There's magnets. Yay? Just design the right flipper shot properly and it's a step in the right direction.

My main things I was talking about was bob on a stick and the chick with the arm which is very dumb and also tired of all these extra lcd displays on the play field; they have on the display they should use more; I feel JJP has taken a step back on their displays since hobbit which is phenomenal

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

My main things I was talking about was bob on a stick and the chick with the arm which is very dumb and also tired of all these extra lcd displays on the play field; they have on the display they should use more; I feel JJP has taken a step back on their displays since hobbit which is phenomenal

It's your opinion that those items are dumb. The QED toy moves across the playfield which is pretty cool and is a substantial toy that doesn't feel cheap. It's also used to super charge the phone for increased mode scoring which ads a fun risk reward element to the game.

The quantum mechanic toy is cool as it diverts the ball for several modes which can lead to increased scoring at the pops if you nudge at the right time on the mini upper playfield. Plus it just looks cool and fits the theme well.

I have both Dialed In and Hobbit and the mini LCD for the phone on Dialed In is coded as deeply, maybe more due to amount of custom animation work. The phone shows mode information for the 11 disaster modes, interacts with Bob modes, shows mode super charging status, multiball information, a variety of other animations, and contains what are easily the best custom character animations in pinball for each disaster mode. Oh and there's multiple character animations per disaster mode and each is synced perfectly to callouts for each character which there are also multiple of. Pretty damn amazing if you ask me.

Sorry but it seems like you and several others on here often like to crap on Dialed In due to its original theme and enjoy minimizing its features. It's old. Personally I hope Wonka has half the featues of Dialed In, it still amazes me how much they crammed into that game.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

In addition to what Panzer said, the quantum theater is incredible. With the display and the magnet, it's a bash toy, spinner, and a drop target. The interaction with the display when you hit it, and the loop that's behind it make it a very satisfying shot to hit. It does a lot of different things. It's one of the best toys in pinball.

Nobody mentions the laser beams that make your flippers shake, and the fact that there aren't just magnets in this game... there are five! It's insane.

If the game were called "Chaos in Quantum City" or " something that did not reference a phone, it would have had a better reception. I didn't like the theme on reveal. I ordered the game when I played it at TPF 2 years ago because it's amazing. To me, it's a disaster game, not a phone game. The phone is just the tool that creates the disasters.

#346 5 years ago

Personally hoping WW is a standard body! Wide body is fun but standards really get the ball movin’!

#347 5 years ago

It is a standard body.

#349 5 years ago

The "Joker" in me wants this to be the Depp version so I can observe the chaos that ensues.
worldburn-top[1] (resized).jpgworldburn-top[1] (resized).jpg

giphy[1].gifgiphy[1].gif
#350 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

The "Joker" in me wants this to be the Depp version so I can observe the chaos that ensues.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/7?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.