824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 46.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or the Half of everything on the playfield look like the desk. love it.

Yeah, shoot half the playfield, but don’t get greedy.

86BB21DB-3577-4F01-9F27-77B7D93DA46C.jpeg86BB21DB-3577-4F01-9F27-77B7D93DA46C.jpeg
#252 5 years ago

Just trying not to bash it unseen or played but honestly I don’t see me buying this title. I need s kickass in your face pinball

Come on JJP

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really glad to hear that pricing appears to remain the same. According to Kaneda, this game is expected to be shown this week which would be great. Excited to see what's coming up for WW.

Did he 100% guarantee it this time or is he just speculating?

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just trying not to bash it unseen or played but honestly I don’t see me buying this title. I need s kickass in your face pinball
Come on JJP

They Live (resized).pngThey Live (resized).png
#255 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review

This is amazing.

#256 5 years ago

Bit of a strange theme for me. Could be cool with some interestingly toys etc. I think Stern sre just killing the competition at. JJP and Spooky just take too long from reveal to shipping. I am not a Stern fanboy...only ever owned one but am impressed with their ability to reveal and ship games within weeks.

#257 5 years ago

I love the gene wilder wonka movie. And this theme - paired with the right creative team - Could result in one of the most amazing “worlds under glass”.

I love my woz, and if its anything to the caliber of wizard, I’m in. But I’m a healthy skeptics when it comes to pinball games. I would need to play one first, but I have a game on deck r day to move at any time if JJP delivers. Fingers crossed!

#258 5 years ago

Should have gone with a music pin. One can only dream.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Dirtbag66, Zavadoza and anyone else curious, here ya go:
https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2019/03/31/to-pinside-members-i-am-the-real-sam-juliano-and-i-did-write-the-willy-wonka-review/
This is the link to my NEWEST post at WONDERS IN THE DARK, officially and irrefutably confirming my status as co-founder, editor and film critic at the site. It doesn't mean much except it affirms my legitimacy. For those who offered kind words and support I thank you! Now that everyone knows where I live you can come by and play my AFMR, MMR, MBR, WOO Emerald, and Elvis anytime!!!

I think you won.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Well he does have amazing sources. That whole Alien prediction with his incredible research he flaunted for about forty minutes in the deleted podcast of shame, turned out to be a dude on pinside. Even if iceman is right (and I hope he is) -- a dude on pinside is your big source?

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And I'm Santa Claus. See how the internet works?

Can I give you my Christmas pinball wish list?

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Rumor is pricing will be the same as POTC. So $8500 standard, $9500 LE, but I wonder if the CE will be $11.5k instead of $12.5k. (assuming there is a CE)
Also curious if the standard, LE, and CE will all still have the same gameplay features like POTC, or if they are going to move to a model more like Stern where the standard (pro) has something different/missing that affects gameplay.

From my contacts....I have been told there will be Collectors Edition for Willy Wonka and Toy Story....But hey...What do I know.....

#263 5 years ago

I feel WOZ was a fantastic first title to release. The theme is timeless. But for Willy Wonka, while the movie is absolutely also classic I will go against the grain and say the Depp version is a better choice. These old classic rehashes
like the Beatles and BM66 just aren't fantastic. The younger crowd will relate better to a Depp version. In a perfect world you'd have one pf design, reskinned, different toys and of course different code to make 2 different games and appease everyone who likes whatever version of wonka. Anyway I very much look forward to playing whatever it might be.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Question ? Is the main song in the movie ? The candy man can ?

'The Candy Man' is sung by Bill, the owner of Bill's Candy Shop, during the opening sequence, when every kid in town gets free candy, except for poor Charlie.

The main song, if you're going to rank them, is probably 'Pure Imagination,' sung by Wonka, after everyone enters the Chocolate Room.

Before that, we get to hear 'Cheer Up, Charlie,' sung by Charlie's mother, and 'I've Got a Golden Ticket,' sung by Grandpa Joe and Charlie. The final song of note, towards the end of the film, is 'I Want it Now' sung by Veruka Salt.

There are also four songs sung by the Oompa Loompas after the demise of each of the naughty, nasty little children: 'Sweets,' 'Gum,' 'Brat,' and 'TV.'

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The younger crowd will relate better to a Depp version.

How young of a crowd are you talking? My daughter just turned 31. She loves the Gene Wilder version and thinks the Johnny Depp version is awful.

Maybe there are a few 21-year-olds out there who don't know Depp is channeling a creepy Michael Jackson. But how many 21-year-olds can afford a $10K pinball machine?

#266 5 years ago

I've never bought a NIB pin and have a question. It has been suggested that Wonka will be the same pricing model as POTC ($8500 standard, $9500 LE, etc.).
My question is this: is it normal to pay the full MSRP, or do distributors go below MSRP? Just trying to figure out how much cash I'll be out when I buy one...

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

My question is this: is it normal to pay the full MSRP, or do distributors go below MSRP? Just trying to figure out how much cash I'll be out when I buy one...

From what I have heard, JJP pins generally go for MSRP; I have not seen or heard of massive deals on them.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

100% ass tattoo guaranteed?

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

From my contacts....I have been told there will be Collectors Edition for Willy Wonka and Toy Story....But hey...What do I know.....

Was this in a 3am text message?

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I've never bought a NIB pin and have a question. It has been suggested that Wonka will be the same pricing model as POTC ($8500 standard, $9500 LE, etc.).

If you do find a deal, it might be something like free shipping or maybe $100 off or something small. JJP pins have relatively strict pricing agreements. I'd go with any reputable distributor. Zach at Flip N out or Chris at Kingpin are two excellent choices in my personal experience. Chris helped me out on a game I didn't even buy from him, and Zach got hold of the manufacturer on my behalf for a minor issue I had on a pin I bought from him, which got me a new part 2 days later in the mail. Distributor choices matter most AFTER the sale.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you do find a deal, it might be something like free shipping or maybe $100 off or something small. JJP pins have relatively strict pricing agreements. I'd go with any reputable distributor. Zach at Flip N out or Chris at Kingpin are two excellent choices in my personal experience. Chris helped me out on a game I didn't even buy from him, and Zach got hold of the manufacturer on my behalf for a minor issue I had on a pin I bought from him, which got me a new part 2 days later in the mail. Distributor choices matter most AFTER the sale.

Often jjp games put into a show on free play come with a good discount.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Its not that they are strict about pricing as much as there is less distributor margin on JJP games from what I understand.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I'm out. Another JJP theme I can't get into.

Toodles.

#274 5 years ago

Same pricing as POTC, so is WIWO rumored to be a widebody, or the price of a JJP standard body going up?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

going to move to a model more like Stern where the standard (pro) has something different/missing that affects gameplay.

If JJP hade a Pro POTC trunk lid did not move did move on LE and CE took out spinning disk in Pro last sold for $7500 I think the pro would have sold well

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Same pricing as POTC, so is WIWO rumored to be a widebody, or the price of a JJP standard body going up?

That's a really good point. If this is a standard then yes, i guess the price would have gone up. Could this be another wide? Much rather have standard....

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Same pricing as POTC, so is WIWO rumored to be a widebody?

i have heard standard is the new standard at jjp.....but i donno

#278 5 years ago

Rumor has been that this is a Pat Lawlor standard body. Just repeating what I've read here among the 3 or 4 threads on this pin :p

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha, so true.
7 years ago the joke was “$10k by Xmas”
Now it’s “$10k would be like Xmas”

$10,000 is still a joke and for fools only BBB is a perfect example it really gets old fast and was never more than rare sure as hell was not a great game

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

$10,000 is still a joke and for fools only

So only fools tell the joke? Or only fools think that joke is funny?

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

So only fools tell the joke? Or only fools think that joke is funny?

People who pay $10,000 + for games are fools it's only pinball

#282 5 years ago

Glad to hear pricing will likely remain the same as POTC.

$500 more for a JJP LE over a Stern LE is a bargain in my opinion. It's not just the extra features and build quality over a Stern that leads to more value but especially the extra code work that JJP puts into their games. At the end of the day all of these games are just a box of lights and how well a game is coded determines how well the theme is brought to life. JJP codes the hell out of their games and goes over the top with offering deep as well as unique rules that incorporate the best animation work.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Dude, go troll somewhere else.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

See my post above please. Stern LE's are now $9k and on average come with a 1/4 of the code, half the featues, and half the build quality. Yes $9k, $10k, etc is a crap ton of money for a pinball machine but JJP at least tries to justify their prices (unless its YBR which I think we can both agree is a money grab lol).

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

You should be able to find a distributor that has no tax, free shipping and be $300-400 less than msrp. Call around to check for the best deal. Also remember, pick a good distributor to back up your sale if you have any issues. The cheapest distributor may not always be the best option in the long run.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

How young of a crowd are you talking? My daughter just turned 31. She loves the Gene Wilder version and thinks the Johnny Depp version is awful.
Maybe there are a few 21-year-olds out there who don't know Depp is channeling a creepy Michael Jackson. But how many 21-year-olds can afford a $10K pinball machine?

There was a time when Depp had that star power but pretty sure that time has looong past. If JJP is doing Wonka, they have to go classic. Gene Wilder will make that pin. If not Wonka, one of his other movies needs to be a pin. 99% of the time classic anything is better than any remake. Fact. I'm already priced out as a buyer but a classic Wonka JJP pin does sound pretty cool. Going to be hard to screw that up but it's going to be interesting to see the reaction to the price. Prices never go down and WOZ YBR gives you a clue where JJP is going. Pretty soon JJP buyers will be reminiscing of days when you could get a full feature JJP pin for less than $10000 lol.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There was a time when Depp had that star power but pretty sure that time has looong past. If JJP is doing Wonka, they have to go classic. Gene Wilder will make that pin. If not Wonka, one of his other movies needs to be a pin. 99% of the time classic anything is better than any remake. Fact. I'm already priced out as a buyer but a classic Wonka JJP pin does sound pretty cool. Going to be hard to screw that up but it's going to be interesting to see the reaction to the price. Prices never go down and WOZ YBR gives you a clue where JJP is going. Pretty soon JJP buyers will be reminiscing of days when you could get a full feature JJP pin for less than $10000 lol.

Price does go down, CGC is a good example. Also, technically, YBR was a price down as far as CE's go (even if JJP mislabeled it an LE, it matches more what the CE's are) POTC CE was $12.5k - YBR is $11.5k.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really glad to hear that pricing appears to remain the same. According to Kaneda, this game is expected to be shown this week which would be great. Excited to see what's coming up for WW.

I thought MGC starts next Friday the 12th and that was going to be the reveal date...

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Price does go down, CGC is a good example. Also, technically, YBR was a price down as far as CE's go (even if JJP mislabeled it an LE, it matches more what the CE's are) POTC CE was $12.5k - YBR is $11.5k.

I wouldn't call CGC a good example. It's similar to JJP selling WOZ for $6500 in the beginning. Pricing changed once they figure out the market and where they need to be to be profitable. Prices have gone up with every release. Mostly same with Stern. Best you can hope for is for prices to be same as last release. I would like to see prices come down so I could at least consider buying one huo but JJP seems to have settled in on the premium high end market. Would anyone committed to buying Wonka back out if price tag over $10000?

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It's all relative.

If you are making in excess of $500k a year, what's the big deal spending $10k on a game
It's a probably a smaller percentage of that earner's income than you spending 5k on a game

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's all relative.
If you are making in excess of $500k a year, what's the big deal spending $10k on a game
It's a probably a smaller percentage of that earner's income than you spending 5k on a game

There has to be a breaking point right? A few hundred here, a few hundred there. It all starts to add up to be thousands more than what games were a few years ago. I keep thinking a pin like the Beatles, YBR, or some LE are overpriced and nobody is going to buy but they sell out faster than pinside can count coils.

#293 5 years ago

$10k is crazy...but...you don't get hit too bad when you sell it.

Comparative to other hobbies, it's pretty nice. I piss away about $6k per year on golf. What do I have left at the end of the year besides a busted ego and full swear jar?

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There has to be a breaking point right? A few hundred here, a few hundred there. It all starts to add up to be thousands more than what games were a few years ago. I keep thinking a pin like the Beatles, YBR, or some LE are overpriced and nobody is going to buy but they sell out faster than pinside can count coils.

For me it starts to become whether it is worth going from a 2 to a 1 pin collection, there's only so much money I can justify tying up in a pinball collection. I trust that JJP knows this, though, and is not just pulling out prices randomly and they're doing what's best for their business. At any rate, I'd rather there be an option to buy a Wonka pin at a high price than no Wonka pin at all. I hope they succeed even if it's out of my depth.

I do think for these prices, JJP really needs to start nailing themes. Original themes might still work, but it has to be a pretty compelling one. In my opinion Wonka and Toy Story 4 fit this bill (at least in the states -- it seems Australia has no love for WW, for example).

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

For me it starts to become whether it is worth going from a 2 to a 1 pin collection, there's only so much money I can justify tying up in a pinball collection. I trust that JJP knows this, though, and is not just pulling out prices randomly and they're doing what's best for their business. At any rate, I'd rather there be an option to buy a Wonka pin at a high price than no Wonka pin at all. I hope they succeed even if it's out of my depth.
I do think for these prices, JJP really needs to start nailing themes. Original themes might still work, but it has to be a pretty compelling one. In my opinion Wonka and Toy Story 4 fit this bill (at least in the states -- it seems Australia has no love for WW, for example).

Going 2 for 1 makes sense when you are luke warm on your existing two pins and really want the 1 game. Some positives include 1) more space around your new game to view artwork and 2) secret plan in the back of your head to save another $5k and buy a dmd pin to eventually fill the space and 3) YOLO! But, when you really like one of your two pins, you’re better passing on the new expensive game and replacing pin two with a dmd to keep 2.

#296 5 years ago

"The suspense is terrible....." "I hope it lasts"

#297 5 years ago

Toy Story is not a good theme imo. Hard not to make it into some kids game with all the talking toys and sappy story. Wonka most definitely. If Wonka is that good, I could see selling a couple of pins to help buy one. It just has to be phenomenally good but few pins are. I really liked DI but not enough to buy even at used prices. Stern always comes out with good cheaper pins that may not be quite as nice but just as much or more fun to play. Right now, I would rather buy Iron Maiden than DI based on gameplay even though I don't like Iron Maiden theme.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I piss away about $6k per year on golf. What do I have left at the end of the year besides a busted ego and full swear jar?

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Comparative to other hobbies, it's pretty nice. I piss away about $6k per year on golf. What do I have left at the end of the year besides a busted ego and full swear jar?

Back Pain?

#300 5 years ago

Ok ..this showed up on Facebook today; I get that it might be an April fools joke. Is Franchi doing art work for Wonka?
734B4660-2A9A-4AFB-A65D-A083C170566E (resized).jpeg734B4660-2A9A-4AFB-A65D-A083C170566E (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/6?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.