824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 46.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I actually enjoyed the post.

Thank you so much f3honda4me!!!!!

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think it's anything personal but I can't stay with a post that long even if it's an explanation to solve world hunger. Way too long for purposes of what we're doing here.... you know critical things like which Wonka is it or why did jjp use gobstopper like balls vs original. I have to know!

Delt31, I completely understand. I did get carried away but I wanted to be sure to counter or at least put in a good word for the music in the original film. But fair enough, I do respect your position.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Somewhere in all these threads is mention of something Friday night at MGC.
LTG : )

Deeproot!

About time...

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Thank you so much f3honda4me!!!!!

It was long but full of Facts!! I learned some good background
info

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why are so many people using so many words lately, stop it. I refuse to read more than a few sentences

Hear hear! Less is more (as in likely to be read). White space and brevity are good things.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it has 3/4 the stuff dile has packed in it and shoots like di then it will be amazing..especially with the way jjp does theme integration with amazingly sound and video .

Ride on brother!

#208 4 years ago

Delt31, I completely understand. I did get carried away but I wanted to be sure to counter or at least put in a good word for the music in the original film. But fair enough, I do respect your position.

Just link the article, instead of plagiarizing. That way those that want to read a whole article can and you give credit to the source.

https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/42-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-1970/

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Just link the article, instead of plagiarizing. That way those that want to read a whole article can and you give credit to the source.
https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/42-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-1970/

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review as part of our musical countdown. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together.

I am a 36 year veteran schoolteacher and film, music, opera and book reviewer.

So hence I am the source and I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!

#210 4 years ago

Dirtbag66:

My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together. She is the Principal of the hometown Fairview, NJ school where I teach English and children's literature.

I am a 36 year veteran educator and film, music, opera and book reviewer.

So hence I am the source and I have plagiarized MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha! I also happen to be a pinball collector and aficionado!!!!

#211 4 years ago

Dirtbag66:
My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together.
I am a 36 years veteran schoolteacher and film, music, opera and book reviewer.

And I'm Santa Claus. See how the internet works?

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dirtbag66: I have previously posted this review in its entirety on a prior thread. My name is Sam Juliano, I am 64 years old, and among my hobbies I do love pinball. Two of my five children are also fond of the hobby. I have nothing to hide or distort only to defend as the statement here made a false assumption. As you can also see my avatar is from the film FAR FROM HEAVEN (2002) which is my personal favorite film of the new millennium, which I reviewed, stating as much:

https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/far-from-heaven-sams-choice-for-best-film-of-2002/

My name and address are properly registered at PINSIDE alongside this avatar and identity, so there is no deception. As to you being "Santa Claus" heck for all I know maybe you are. But I am assuredly Sam Juliano from Fairview, New Jersey and I am the co-founder and editor of WONDERS IN THE DARK. I must say though that the fact you are contesting me makes me feel proud that the site is that well-regarded and for that I thank you.

#213 4 years ago

My name and address are properly registered at PINSIDE

Dude, just give up and ignore them. You're going to fight this pointless battle over what...being told that you copied your own stuff? Mmkay. Even when you do prove people wrong on here, it's not like they ever are going to apologize. It's the internet, they have no penalty, and talking out your ass isn't against the rules here. : |

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dirtbag66 and anyone else curious, in 1o minutes I am going to POST at Wonders in the Dark!!!

The Title of the post will be "To Pinside members, I am the real Sam Juliano, and I did write the Willy Wonka review.

Obviously the ONLY person who can get into the site dashboard is ME, so take a look at it. I will also link to it here!!!!

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dirtbag66, Zavadoza and anyone else curious, here ya go:

https://wondersinthedark.wordpress.com/2019/03/31/to-pinside-members-i-am-the-real-sam-juliano-and-i-did-write-the-willy-wonka-review/

This is the link to my NEWEST post at WONDERS IN THE DARK, officially and irrefutably confirming my status as co-founder, editor and film critic at the site. It doesn't mean much except it affirms my legitimacy. For those who offered kind words and support I thank you! Now that everyone knows where I live you can come by and play my AFMR, MMR, MBR, WOO Emerald, and Elvis anytime!!!

#216 4 years ago

Dirtbag66 and anyone else curious, in 1o minutes I am going to POST at Wonders in the Dark!!!
The Title of the post will be "To Pinside members, I am the real Sam Juliano, and I did write the Willy Wonka review.
Obviously the ONLY person who can get into the site dashboard is ME, so take a look at it. I will also link to it here!!!!

U mad, bro?

#217 4 years ago

Not at all mad just determined to refute any false assumptions. (Look above and see my newest published post at the site). Needless to say some of my readers are sending me messages now, wanting to know what is happening.

#218 4 years ago

Not at all mad just determined to refute any false assumptions. (Look above and see my newest published post at the site). Needless to say some of my readers are sending me messages now, wanting to know what is happening.

He’s ejected from the thread.

Thanks again for the article. I found it an interesting read.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He’s ejected from the thread.
Thanks again for the article. I found it an interesting read.

I really do appreciate the very kind words my friend! And now on to the WONKA pinball machine which will be quite an investment, and one I will need to prepare for. Best wishes!!

#220 4 years ago

Dirtbag66:
My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together. She is the Principal of the hometown Fairview, NJ school where I teach English and children's literature.
I am a 36 year veteran educator and film, music, opera and book reviewer.

this is greatest drop the mic moment I’ve read on PS.

FarFromHeaven26 posts are well received here. He shared his wisdom and a great understanding of that from which he speaks. My cat asked me give him a thumbs up, so I did. When Cocoa speaks, daddy listens.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Can’t wait for Wonka! Based on JJP’s previous work this is right up their alley. Fingers crossed for a model under 10k

6359A39E-2210-404E-AC3F-9840EA427D98 (resized).jpeg6359A39E-2210-404E-AC3F-9840EA427D98 (resized).jpeg
#222 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

farfromheaven26 post was well received here. He shared his wisdom and a great understanding of that from which he speaks. My cat asked me give him a thumbs up. When Cocoa speaks, daddy listens.

Jeff, you are the best!!!

Thank you!!!!

#223 4 years ago

Rumor is pricing will be the same as POTC. So $8500 standard, $9500 LE, but I wonder if the CE will be $11.5k instead of $12.5k. (assuming there is a CE)

Also curious if the standard, LE, and CE will all still have the same gameplay features like POTC, or if they are going to move to a model more like Stern where the standard (pro) has something different/missing that affects gameplay.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Rumor is pricing will be the same as POTC. So $8500 standard, $9500 LE, but I wonder if the CE will be $11.5k instead of $12.5k. (assuming there is a CE)
Also curious if the standard, LE, and CE will all still have the same gameplay features like POTC, or if they are going to move to a model more like Stern where the standard (pro) has something different/missing that affects gameplay.

I don’t think they will change gameplay.Invisaglass shaker and
Special lighting and such.

#225 4 years ago

The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question. Bricusse is also famed for his scores for Scrooge, the musical re-make of Goodbye Mr. Chips and Stop the World – I Want to Get Off, the latter with Newley. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a #1 hit with the popular “The Candy Man” which is sung in the sequence when Charlie buys a Wonka bar at the local chocolate shop. It’s a bouncy and infectious song for sure,

Since we're gettin' all erudite here, thought I would point out a possible error, or at least confusion based on wording in the article. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a hit with Candy Man a year after the movie was released. Sammy did not contribute to the movie score.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think they will change gameplay.Invisaglass shaker and
Special lighting and such.

I’m 95% in on an LE either way. JJP would have to blow it for me to not buy this. And even if I don’t, I’ll buy a DILE anyways. LoL

My wife says we need to buy more JJP games. They’ve all just been so good. Hobbit is the only one she didn’t care for.

#227 4 years ago

It’s funny to see all you macho pinball guys that are supposed to be salivating over AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Deadpool, getting excited for Willy Wonka. At first we all laughed at WOZ as a pinball theme. That seems hardcore now compared to WW.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This hobby might be the best example of "slow boil a frog on a skillet" I have ever seen.
7 years ago, we would have lost our shit. Now, we are hoping for under $10K......

Ha, so true.

7 years ago the joke was “$10k by Xmas”
Now it’s “$10k would be like Xmas”

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s funny to see all you macho pinball guys that are supposed to be salivating over AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Deadpool, getting excited for Willy Wonka. At first we all laughed at WOZ as a pinball theme. That seems hardcore now compared to WW.

Amazingly, enjoyment of AC/DC, Deadpool, Wizard of Oz, and Willy Wonka are not mutually exclusive things.

Shocking, I know.

#230 4 years ago

My wife was very positive on the idea of of WIWO themed pinball, that’s one of the key boxes to be checked, so... check! Not let’s see it, cancelled another order to see what was in store for this one.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Since we're gettin' all erudite here, thought I would point out a possible error, or at least confusion based on wording in the article. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a hit with Candy Man a year after the movie was released. Sammy did not contribute to the movie score.

Adaminski, with all due respect there was no confusion at all and no error either. I am sorry to say you misunderstood and/or misread what I said. I NEVER NEVER NEVER said that Sammy Davis Jr. had anything to do with the writing of the score remotely, what I said as and I quote "Sammy Davis Jr. scored a hit with Candy Man a year after the movie was released." And he did indeed have a hit COVERING the song on AM radio. I stated right at the outset of my discussion of the music: "The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question" and then went about at length to examine their work in detail. The point of me bringing up Sammy Davis Jr. at all (and apparently you missed that as well) was to illustrate how one of the songs from this musical film managed to jump over to AM radio and become a monster hit. I mean Barbara Streisand had NOTHING to do with the writing of "Cats" yet her cover of "Memory" was a huge hit. Nino Rota wrote the score for Franco Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet" but it was Henry Mancini who scored a huge hit with the "Love Theme" from it in 1969. There are endless more examples. My wording left no doubt what I was saying and what I meant.

As to "since we're getting all erudite here" I initially snickered, but I won't even go there. I shared my review of the film to foster enthusiasm, common pinball love and and an impassioned preference for the Gene Wilder film as the pinball machine subject. I'll leave the readers of WONDERS IN THE DARK to determine the worth of my film criticism. In any case I hope we are in agreement on the Wilder film and thank you for adding your two cents.

#232 4 years ago

Ahaminski, with all due respect there was no confusion at all. I am sorry to say you misunderstood and/or misread what I said. I NEVER NEVER NEVER said that Sammy Davis Jr. had anything to do with the writing of the score remotely, what I said as and I quote "Sammy Davis Jr. scored a hit with Candy Man a year after the movie was released." And he did indeed have a hit COVERING the song on AM radio. I stated right at the outset of my discussion of the music: "The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question" and then went about at length to examine their work in detail. The point of me bringing up Sammy Davis Jr. at all (and apparently you missed that as well) was to illustrate how one of the songs from this musical film managed to jump over to AM radio and become a monster hit. I mean Barbara Streisand had NOTHING to do with the writing of "Cats" yet her cover of "Memory" was a huge hit. Nino Rota wrote the score for Franco Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet" but it was Henry Mancini who scored a huge hit with the "Love Theme" from it in 1969. There are endless more examples. My wording left no doubt what I was saying and what I meant.
As to "since we're getting all erudite here" I initially snickered, but I won't even go there. I shared my review of the film to foster enthusiasm, common pinball love and and an impassioned preference for the Gene Wilder film as the pinball machine subject. I'll leave the readers of WONDERS IN THE DARK to determine the worth of my film criticism. In any case I hope we are in agreement on the Wilder film and thank you for adding your two cents.

Still too many words

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Still too many words

Alas you are right this time for sure, but believe me I am trying to retreat WackyBrakke. As Michael Corleone says in "The Godfather Part III": "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!:

#234 4 years ago

Can we start talking about pinball again? I am salivating at the thought of the machine.

Assuming WIWO (is that officially the acronym?) gets released, it'd be sweet if Peter Ostrum was at the release. Or better yet, all of the kids from the movie. And some oomp loompas.

I rented the original movie this weekend and watched it twice with my boys (3 and 5 years old). I had my 5 year old tell my wife "we really need a Willy Wonka pinball machine". Obviously she knows I put him up to it. Ha ha....

If it gets released, i'll be selling my WOF to help fund the purchase. Anyone near Louisville, KY want a very nice WOF?

#235 4 years ago

I think zach over Flip n out is in that area. You should reach out to him and get things squared away just in case a reveal happens. Obviously don't change games until you see what you want to see, but it's never too early to get the ball rolling.

#236 4 years ago

I have been saving for 2 years now for a jjp. Really hoping wonka rocks.

#237 4 years ago

Adaminski, with all due respect there was no confusion at all and no error either. I am sorry to say you misunderstood and/or misread what I said. I NEVER NEVER NEVER said that Sammy Davis Jr. had anything to do with the writing of the score remotely, what I said as and I quote "Sammy Davis Jr. scored a hit with Candy Man a year after the movie was released."

Wow, I was trying to help you fix a confusing portion of the bit you posted on Pinside. Look, and you'll see that you did not state the SDJ hit was a year later. In context, it looks like you implied SDJ sang the song in the movie, which we both know is incorrect.

You, sir, have really thin skin. Good day, sir!!!

#238 4 years ago

Oh, pinball, yeah. According to my wife, we are in on Wilder Willy Wonka.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Wow, I was trying to help you fix a confusing portion of the bit you posted on Pinside. Look, and you'll see that you did not state the SDJ hit was a year later. In context, it looks like you implied SDJ sang the song in the movie, which we both know is incorrect.
You, sir, have really thin skin. Good day, sir!!!

THIS is what I posted on PINSIDE, which you can verify by scrolling upwards.:

"The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question. Bricusse is also famed for his scores for Scrooge, the musical re-make of Goodbye Mr. Chips and Stop the World – I Want to Get Off, the latter with Newley. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a #1 hit with the popular “The Candy Man” which is sung in the sequence when Charlie buys a Wonka bar at the local chocolate shop. It’s a bouncy and infectious song for sure, but the score’s best number of all is “Pure Imagination,” a sensual and melodious composition that Wonka sings to the kids amidst the delectable wonderments of the sweet room that they are invited to engorge themselves in near the beginning of the tour."

What is confusing there Adam? I stated that Bricusse and Newley wrote the score and that Sammy Davis Jr. took one of the songs from that score and made it an AM crossover hit. If you read it again you will see it makes perfect sense. Actually I don't have thin skin at all -I am really quite the opposite- I am just reeling from some bizarre earlier posts where I fell victim to false assumptions. If you were sincerely trying to help I thank you for it and do applaud the "Good Day Sir!" which of course was Wilder's line to Grandpa Joe before our dear Charlie intervened in that stirring finale.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Oh, pinball, yeah. According to my wife, we are in on Wilder Willy Wonka.

Great news there Adam!!!

#241 4 years ago

THIS is what I posted on PINSIDE, which you can verify by scrolling upwards.:
"The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question. Bricusse is also famed for his scores for Scrooge, the musical re-make of Goodbye Mr. Chips and Stop the World – I Want to Get Off, the latter with Newley. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a #1 hit with the popular “The Candy Man” which is sung in the sequence when Charlie buys a Wonka bar at the local chocolate shop. It’s a bouncy and infectious song for sure, but the score’s best number of all is “Pure Imagination,” a sensual and melodious composition that Wonka sings to the kids amidst the delectable wonderments of the sweet room that they are invited to engorge themselves in near the beginning of the tour."
What is confusing there Adam? I stated that Bricusse and Newley wrote the score and that Sammy Davis Jr. took one of the songs from that score and made it an AM crossover hit. If you read it again you will see it makes perfect sense. Actually I don't have thin skin at all -I am really quite the opposite- I am just reeling from some bizarre earlier posts where I fell victim to false assumptions. If you were sincerely trying to help I thank you for it and do applaud the "Good Day Sir!" which of course was Wilder's line to Grandpa Joe before our dear Charlie intervened in that stirring finale.

Still too many words man

#242 4 years ago

Zavadoza, My name is SAM JULIANO, I am the author of that essay you linked me to, and I am editor of Wonders in the Dark, the site where I wrote that review as part of our musical countdown. My wife is Lucille Juliano, who I mentioned in the review as my co-director of the play that got us together.
I am a 36 year veteran schoolteacher and film, music, opera and book reviewer.

Your maniacal internet laughter is frightening, Sammy. A man of your age shouldn't get so excited. Good for you on being the original author. I would suggest still linking the article, or a shorter excerpt (too long for the forums).

#243 4 years ago

Really glad to hear that pricing appears to remain the same. According to Kaneda, this game is expected to be shown this week which would be great. Excited to see what's coming up for WW.

#244 4 years ago

“So shines a good deed in a weary world.” Willy Wonka

“...new shiny” must refer to this.

I’m in.

#245 4 years ago

Rewatched movie tonite. Everlasting gobstopper shooter rod maybe ...

6884AC28-24D8-4962-8BE7-86EA9AF68BA1.jpeg6884AC28-24D8-4962-8BE7-86EA9AF68BA1.jpeg

#246 4 years ago

Something for everyone ... even the attorney in you.

9A679816-6F90-4DEB-A81E-AE04BA2FF3BA.jpeg9A679816-6F90-4DEB-A81E-AE04BA2FF3BA.jpegF8AD3286-818C-4C92-A148-A082D9C098CC.jpegF8AD3286-818C-4C92-A148-A082D9C098CC.jpeg
#247 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Everlasting gobstopper shooter rod maybe ...
[quoted image]

Or the Half of everything on the playfield look like the desk. love it.

#249 4 years ago

I'm out. Another JJP theme I can't get into.

#250 4 years ago

Question ? Is the main song in the movie ? The candy man can ? Mixes it with love

Originally I said no but I gotta see it
Play it and hear it ! Hopefully Jack brings one to Golden west pinball show in CA

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 64.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 32.99
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/5?hl=wipinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.