824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 46.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'd consider LTG an official source?

I wouldn't. I've been going by posts on Pinside.

LTG : )

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't. I've been going by posts on Pinside.

Then call me an over excited pin nerd who READS INTO EVERYTHING.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Then call me an over excited pin nerd who READS INTO EVERYTHING.

Put me down for that too.

Being I'm in Minnesota. And JJP is in Chicago and New Jersey. I'm usually the last to know.

I get all excited at thought of something new too.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has anybody seen any pictures of the game yet?
JJP need to “leak” a couple of pictures to take the steam out of BKSOR

“Leak” lol

#155 5 years ago

I get the feeling that some people know about the release, feel like they’ve said too much, and are backing away slowly...

#156 5 years ago

Why? What did you hear? Don’t look at me like that?

#157 5 years ago

I think it’s obvious I’m in!

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like you will be buying used then Sky
Jack is not gonna be happy with you

Used it is. Not looking to take out a second mortgage to buy pinballs.

#159 5 years ago

**If/when Wonka does come out, I am looking for a distributor. Ideally, WW LE and Black Knight LE. PM me

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

**If/when Wonka does come out, I am looking for a distributor. Ideally, WW LE and Black Knight LE. PM me

You gotta hit up Flip N Out!

#161 5 years ago

Will be impressed once they start coming off the line; hoping it has some cool innovative toys and not bob the builder on a stick

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will be impressed once they start coming off the line; hoping it has some cool innovative toys and not bob the builder on a stick

If it has 3/4 the stuff dile has packed in it and shoots like di then it will be amazing..especially with the way jjp does theme integration with amazingly sound and video .

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it has 3/4 the stuff dile has packed in it and shoots like di then it will be amazing..especially with the way jjp does theme integration with amazingly sound and video .

Agreed.

#164 5 years ago

Can someone take a screenshot of the video showing the gobstoppers? Not all of us use Facebook.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hopefully it has at least half the features and toys as Dialed In.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can someone take a screenshot of the video showing the gobstoppers? Not all of us use Facebook.

508EC0F4-4412-4297-ABC8-41077CFDA436 (resized).jpeg508EC0F4-4412-4297-ABC8-41077CFDA436 (resized).jpeg929D8B95-0517-456A-BED7-D135687D59C6 (resized).jpeg929D8B95-0517-456A-BED7-D135687D59C6 (resized).jpeg
#167 5 years ago

You know, one thing about that video. Those everlasting gobstoppers were used in the Johnny Depp Wonka. The original Wilder Wonka had weirdly shaped multi colored gobstoppers that were not spherical or ball shaped.

It’s possible wonka is a mix of both new and old, or maybe even Johnny Depp Wonka.

OR maybe those are colored toy balls from toy story.

#168 5 years ago

I don't even want to think about this have being Johnny Depp. No way Jack could make that terrible decision........ Right?

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You know, one thing about that video. Those everlasting gobstoppers were used in the Johnny Depp Wonka. The original Wilder Wonka had weirdly shaped multi colored gobstoppers that were not spherical or ball shaped.
It’s possible wonka is a mix of both new and old, or maybe even Johnny Depp Wonka.
OR maybe those are colored toy balls from toy story.

monologue (resized).pngmonologue (resized).png
#170 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't even want to think about this have being Johnny Depp. No way Jack could make that terrible decision........ Right?

$475 million box office isn’t exactly a terrible decision is it?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seriously...The Wilder version is the only version!

wonkoff-blog-jpg_171001 (resized).jpgwonkoff-blog-jpg_171001 (resized).jpg
#172 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hmm, combining movies -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Theme based on Depp version -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.

Not a marketer though, so maybe I'm wrong yet again.

#173 5 years ago

Depp’s Wonka—the character—was clearly inferior to Wilder’s. But the story—including the backstory—was far superior IMO, and the music kicked ass. The music in Wilder’s movie was corny AF. And the Oompa Loompas? Deep Roy kicked all their asses.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Depp’s Wonka—the character—was clearly inferior to Wilder’s. But the story—including the backstory—was far superior IMO, and the music kicked ass. The music in Wilder’s movie was corny AF. And the Oompa Loompas? Deep Roy kicked all their asses.

I agree with this honestly. Though personally I thought Depp's take was great, even though Wilder's was even better. But everything else? Yea - the backstory, music, oompa loompas etc was definitely better in the remake.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hmm, combining movies -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.
Theme based on Depp version -- worst decision ever. I would get ready for the end of JJP.

When DI was revealed a lot of people said the same thing. For what it's worth.

#176 5 years ago

original or what the video shows?

10499768_1 (resized).jpg10499768_1 (resized).jpgeverlasting-gobstopper-candy (resized).jpgeverlasting-gobstopper-candy (resized).jpg
#177 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

yes it is a terrible decision. An absolutely TERRIBLE decision.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yes it is a terrible decision. An absolutely TERRIBLE decision.

I disagree but we can still be friends.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

You made me laugh. Thanks!

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I disagree but we can still be friends.

Of course! I grew up with OG wonka. I've had enough Depp.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Of course! I grew up with OG wonka. I've had enough Depp.

Tim Burton hasnt

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It’s not. It’s real Wonka. Not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

#183 5 years ago

Just sold Guardians. Flying out to MGC. Excited to play WW and BKSOR. Pretty sure I'm in for Wonka, but obv going to play it first. No doubt it will be an awesome game.

So much content with this IP that would be fun for a pb machine. I like Pat's games and the quality of JJP. It will probably come down to pricing.

20190330_175806 (resized).jpg20190330_175806 (resized).jpg
#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do think it would be a Very smart marketing play for JJP to laminate a gold ticket inside say 10 CE machines as a value added win for a trip for 2 to NJ for a factory tour with Jack on his purple best outfit and top hat. I personally would love the opportunity to tour the gates on a personal VIP tour of pin-candy land. I have odd taste in neat but this to me would be a special prize.

That's a very clever idea, even for Pinside fantasy land. Well done!!!

#185 5 years ago

I am in on WW CE #12.....I think...But what the heck I know.......

#186 5 years ago

ALL I KNOW IS YALL WOULD BE FREAKING OUT IF IT WAS THE....

RICHIE WRENCH PINBALL.

But .....

I can assure u that it will not be this year......

But ....

I am hopeful for 2035 Release.....

Taking preorders for those that are in.....Only sold two so far....Joe and I....But it's a start...so dont pick on me.

I am looking at a way to incorporate real water to the game with a garden hose connection.

My only worries are the wood and electrical that is in the game....But Hey....

Pat has assured me that anything is possible.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am in on WW CE #12.....I think...But what the heck I know.......

Congrats. Go start your Wrench thread or whatever

Make it ALL CAPS!

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If its Wonka its Wilder.
Follow the License. Pinball licenses have a habit of appearing on slot machines first.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hope you are right.

28676557-7448-4F74-AC0E-BF914A0D0CBE.jpeg28676557-7448-4F74-AC0E-BF914A0D0CBE.jpeg
#189 5 years ago

Everything’s ok, he was just drunk. Now what was he on ???

918BA12C-7B43-4033-A435-BD8ED40F7789.jpeg918BA12C-7B43-4033-A435-BD8ED40F7789.jpeg
#190 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

ALL I KNOW IS YALL WOULD BE FREAKING OUT IF IT WAS THE....
RICHIE WRENCH PINBALL.
But .....
I can assure u that it will not be this year......
But ....
I am hopeful for 2035 Release.....
Taking preorders for those that are in.....Only sold two so far....Joe and I....But it's a start...so dont pick on me.
I am looking at a way to incorporate real water to the game with a garden hose connection.
My only worries are the wood and electrical that is in the game....But Hey....
Pat has assured me that anything is possible.

Always love your imagination Richie. I can see it now, plunger VUK’s, toilet outlanes, and the whole game is played Under the Playfield via a labyrinth of pipes. Keep working on it and some day your dream will come true.

#191 5 years ago

It would be neat if we saw a comeback of the powerball in the form of an ever lasting gobstopper.

Wonka might be my first JJP

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats. Go start your Wrench thread or whatever
Make it ALL CAPS!

I love Iceman....All in fun everyone

But I am in for CE #12......No matter the game....really has any of JJP games or titles ever been bad. I dont think so. Cant wait to be at MGC. See u all there.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Always love your imagination Richie. I can see it now, plunger VUK’s, toilet outlanes, and the whole game is played Under the Playfield via a labyrinth of pipes. Keep working on it and some day your dream will come true.

I don't know about that. Personally, I think it's nothing more than a pipe dream!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I don't know about that. Personally, I think it's nothing more than a pipe dream!

More like a WET DREAM!

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Oh I completely and utterly DISAGREE with you Pin Lawyer. Stuart’s film, like the re-make from Tim Burton that appeared over 30 years later, is faithful to the original source, which is no wonder when you consider that Dahl himself penned the screenplay with a helping hand from an uncredited David Seltzer. Several effective “additions” enhance the film’s fine strain of black comedy, like a scene when a woman tells the kidnappers who abducted her husband to pressure her into surrendering her case of “Wonka bars” that she’ll “think about it”, even with a death threat in place. In another sequence an oriental psychologist attempts to force a hypnotized patient to reveal the whereabouts of his own case of Wonka bars. The shrink’s accent is quite funny as it gleefully underlines the universal reach of the chocolate company and the intimidating potential value of an invitation to take the plant tour with receipt of the ticket. The prize is possession of the factory, which Wonka has grown too hold to govern. The film’s structure matches it’s source, with one by one dispatching of the obnoxious children, aided by the “Oompa-Loompas,” midget men with green hair, orange skin, and white pants, who serve as a kind of Greek Chorus, following on the respective child's eliminations by singing a song that mocks the various indiscretions. Despite his scathing indictment of capitalism and the refreshingly candid repudiation of anything that’s sugar coated (aside from the dominant motif of chocolate that dominates the film) Dahl ends his story on an exhilarating note when the loyal and loving Charlie refuses a bribe by returning the ‘everlasting gobstopper’, winning deserved favor from Willy Wonka in an gleeful emotional coda that’s well earned.

The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question. Bricusse is also famed for his scores for Scrooge, the musical re-make of Goodbye Mr. Chips and Stop the World – I Want to Get Off, the latter with Newley. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a #1 hit with the popular “The Candy Man” which is sung in the sequence when Charlie buys a Wonka bar at the local chocolate shop. It’s a bouncy and infectious song for sure, but the score’s best number of all is “Pure Imagination,” a sensual and melodious composition that Wonka sings to the kids amidst the delectable wonderments of the sweet room that they are invited to engorge themselves in near the beginning of the tour. Wonka tells the kids in song “If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it, anything you want to, do it, wanta change the world? There’s nothing to it…..There is no life I know to compare with ‘Pure Imagination’…living there you’ll be free, if you truly wish to be..” The most poignant song is one that Charlie’s mother sings to him when the boy is downcast when it appears he never land a Golden Ticket. She urges her son in a lovely evocation of pride and confidence, titled “Cheer Up Charlie” to just be himself, and all will work out. (I used the song in it’s entirety during a third-grade play I co-directed; while Charlie strolled and pensively sat on stage, and it was greeted with thunderous applause). The spirited and tuneful “I’ve Got A Golden Ticket,” sung with his joyful family after his great fortune is announced, and the ‘Wonderous Boat Ride” sequence are beautifully integrated into the plot, and the aforementioned ‘Oompa Loompa’ ditty is appropriately a recurrent coda.

As Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder’s performance, which was originally derided, has gained in cult status over the years, and is clearly more popular and more beloved than the later one given by Johnny Depp. Wilder is hammy and eccentric, and often aloof, but there are qualities that are at least in some measure consistent with the one Dahl presented on the written page. Against all odds, it is rightly seen by many now as the finest and most emblematic performance of his career. Near the film’s end Wilder is priceless when he brightens up after witnessing Charlie’s undying devotion. While no serious qualms could be voiced for the rest of the cast, special praise should be bestowed upon Jack Albertson, who is marvelously animated as Grandpa Joe, and Peter Ostrum, whose bland work as a good boy hoping for luck in a joyless life is in tune with it’s source. Without decorum, Ostrum creates the hero that every boy can only aspire to be. Of course, Dahl revisits the popular character a few years later in his book Charlie and the Glass Elevator, which unlike its famed predecessor never made it to the silver screen. Visually the film’s drab small-town English locations serve as provocative contrast to the vivid colors of the chocolate factory, and to this end cinematographer Arthur Ibbetson paints the canvas admirably. The principal photography was completed in Munich in the Bavarian section of West Germany, as it was much cheaper than filming in the United States.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has a special place in the hearts of baby boomers who never forgot the story’s inventiveness, humor and tunefulness. In fact few can think of it anymore without humming some of the Bricusse and Newley music, which have become as synonymous with the film, as the witticisms of it’s beloved creator. There can be no other choice for the pinball machine. It would be the same if a piball machine of KING KONG was themed after the 70's re-make instead of the 1933 masterpiece or if the 1968 science fiction classic PLANET OF THE APES was snubbed in favor of the vastly inferior new millennium remake. It would be unmitigated blasphemy!

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Oh I completely and utterly DISAGREE with you Pin Lawyer. Stuart’s film, like the re-make from Tim Burton that appeared over 30 years later, is faithful to the original source, which is no wonder when you consider that Dahl himself penned the screenplay with a helping hand from an uncredited David Seltzer. Several effective “additions” enhance the film’s fine strain of black comedy, like a scene when a woman tells the kidnappers who abducted her husband to pressure her into surrendering her case of “Wonka bars” that she’ll “think about it”, even with a death threat in place. In another sequence an oriental psychologist attempts to force a hypnotized patient to reveal the whereabouts of his own case of Wonka bars. The shrink’s accent is quite funny as it gleefully underlines the universal reach of the chocolate company and the intimidating potential value of an invitation to take the plant tour with receipt of the ticket. The prize is possession of the factory, which Wonka has grown too hold to govern. The film’s structure matches it’s source, with one by one dispatching of the obnoxious children, aided by the “Oompa-Loompas,” midget men with green hair, orange skin, and white pants, who serve as a kind of Greek Chorus, following on the respective child's eliminations by singing a song that mocks the various indiscretions. Despite his scathing indictment of capitalism and the refreshingly candid repudiation of anything that’s sugar coated (aside from the dominant motif of chocolate that dominates the film) Dahl ends his story on an exhilarating note when the loyal and loving Charlie refuses a bribe by returning the ‘everlasting gobstopper’, winning deserved favor from Willy Wonka in an gleeful emotional coda that’s well earned.
The film’s score was written by the British team of Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, whose best collaboration this is without question. Bricusse is also famed for his scores for Scrooge, the musical re-make of Goodbye Mr. Chips and Stop the World – I Want to Get Off, the latter with Newley. Sammy Davis Jr. scored a #1 hit with the popular “The Candy Man” which is sung in the sequence when Charlie buys a Wonka bar at the local chocolate shop. It’s a bouncy and infectious song for sure, but the score’s best number of all is “Pure Imagination,” a sensual and melodious composition that Wonka sings to the kids amidst the delectable wonderments of the sweet room that they are invited to engorge themselves in near the beginning of the tour. Wonka tells the kids in song “If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it, anything you want to, do it, wanta change the world? There’s nothing to it…..There is no life I know to compare with ‘Pure Imagination’…living there you’ll be free, if you truly wish to be..” The most poignant song is one that Charlie’s mother sings to him when the boy is downcast when it appears he never land a Golden Ticket. She urges her son in a lovely evocation of pride and confidence, titled “Cheer Up Charlie” to just be himself, and all will work out. (I used the song in it’s entirety during the third-grade play, while Charlie strolled and pensively sat on stage, and it was greeted with thunderous applause). The spirited and tuneful “I’ve Got A Golden Ticket,” sung with his joyful family after his great fortune is announced, and the ‘Wonderous Boat Ride” sequence are beautifully integrated into the plot, and the aforementioned ‘Oompa Loompa’ ditty is appropriately a recurrent coda.
As Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder’s performance, which was originally derided, has gained in cult status over the years, and is clearly more popular and more beloved than the later one given by Johnny Depp. Wilder is hammy and eccentric, and often aloof, but there are qualities that are at least in some measure consistent with the one Dahl presented on the written page. Against all odds, it is rightly seen by many now as the finest and most emblematic performance of his career. Near the film’s end Wilder is priceless when he brightens up after witnessing Charlie’s undying devotion. While no serious qualms could be voiced for the rest of the cast, special praise should be bestowed upon Jack Albertson, who is marvelously animated as Grandpa Joe, and Peter Ostrum, whose bland work as a good boy hoping for luck in a joyless life is in tune with it’s source. Without decorum, Ostrum creates the hero that every boy can only aspire to be. Of course, Dahl revisits the popular character a few years later in his book Charlie and the Glass Elevator, which unlike its famed predecessor never made it to the silver screen. Visually the film’s drab small-town English locations serve as provocative contrast to the vivid colors of the chocolate factory, and to this end cinematographer Arthur Ibbetson paints the canvas admirably. The principal photography was completed in Munich in the Bavarian section of West Germany, as it was much cheaper than filming in the United States.
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has a special place in the hearts of baby boomers who never forgot the story’s inventiveness, humor and tunefulness. In fact few can think of it anymore without humming some of the Bricusse and Newley music, which have become as synonymous with the film, as the witticisms of it’s beloved creator. There can be no other choice for the pinball machine. It would be the same if a piball machine of KING KONG was themed after the 70's re-make instead of the 1933 masterpiece or if the 1968 science fiction classic PLANET OF THE APES was snubbed in favor of the vastly inferior new millennium remake. It would be unmitigated blasphemy!

Why are so many people using so many words lately, stop it. I refuse to read more than a few sentences

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why are so many people using so many words lately, stop it. I refuse to read more than a few sentences

C'mon lighten up WackyBrakee, I never asked YOU to read this, just ignore it. The pinball world is on edge over a vital unveiling that will decide if we have a monster hit or a dud. Loquaciousness is very much in order methinks.

#198 5 years ago

Hahahahahaha wouldn't you know it, TWO people have already upgraded WackyBrakke's disdain for the length of my post. And there will be more for certain. But I should have seen this coming!!! I'll say no more or I'll be in more trouble.

#199 5 years ago

I don't think it's anything personal but I can't stay with a post that long even if it's an explanation to solve world hunger. Way too long for purposes of what we're doing here.... you know critical things like which Wonka is it or why did jjp use gobstopper like balls vs original. I have to know!

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Hahahahahaha wouldn't you know it, TWO people have already upgraded WackyBrakke's disdain for the length of my post. And there will be more for certain. But I should have seen this coming!!! I'll say no more or I'll be in more trouble.

I actually enjoyed the post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/4?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.