824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.
#2151 4 years ago

Don't care how....I WANT IT NOW

Rows of Pure Imagination.jpgRows of Pure Imagination.jpg

#2152 4 years ago

that is a BEAUTIFUL sight!

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

[quoted image]

I got a feeling this pin is going to be like iron maiden alot of people wont like the theme, or care much about the music, but its going to be a awsome shooter lots of fun and it has you coming back for more. That standard decals actually looks really good simple and sweet

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

That standard decals actually looks really good simple and sweet

I actually like the standard box art the best! Once it's in the line, you won't see much difference anyway. The armor and backglass can be changed if need be. Wireforms? Hm, maybe tougher.

Next up: start saving for a shaker motor, invisiglass, and some Mod toys, to include a gobstopper shooter rod.

#2155 4 years ago

Next up: start saving for a shaker motor, invisiglass, and some Mod toys, to include a gobstopper shooter rod.

I asked at the reveal and they said that JJP will not sell the CE gobstopper shooter rod to LE or SE customers. So ... we need to look for aftermarket ones. There is one out there, but it doesn't look nearly as good.

#2156 4 years ago

[quoted image]

That looks really shiny...is that a radcal?

#2157 4 years ago

Somebody should try and make some cling decals artwork to add to the pro version cabinet to jazz it up a little. Something that is not permanent would be perfect.

#2158 4 years ago

to include a gobstopper shooter rod.

I‘ve thought that gobstopper plunger knob looks kind of uncomfortable - both to pull back and let go - too many protrusions and sharp radii.

#2159 4 years ago

Great pic - it looks like the side rails are stainless steel and not black. Or is this just a protective foil ? - it looks like the tips are black.

#2160 4 years ago

just placed my order payment. my standard is ready to ship. hope to see my game in 6 days.

HERE COMES WONKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

just placed my order payment. my standard is ready to ship. hope to see my game in 6 days.
HERE COMES WONKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just placed mine as well, should ship Friday or Monday! First JJP game.

#2162 4 years ago

[quoted image]

This is when they should have announced the game.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

This is when they should have announced the game.

See you still don't have anything good to say about JJP lol.

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Great pic - it looks like the side rails are stainless steel and not black. Or is this just a protective foil ? - it looks like the tips are black.

Isn’t it painters tape on top of the black rails?

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just placed mine as well, should ship Friday or Monday! First JJP game.

yes! my first JJP as well!

can not wait!! Monday it should be at my home july 1

#2166 4 years ago

I actually like the standard box art the best! Once it's in the line, you won't see much difference anyway. The armor and backglass can be changed if need be. Wireforms? Hm, maybe tougher.

Which art are you talking about? The Stars or the subtle swirling behind the title? How is this "art" the best? I can't remember the last game that came out with almost zero side art. It's a huge let down.

The rest of the game looks amazing though. Passing on nib, but can't wait to play it on location!

#2167 4 years ago

When does Kaneda get his free one ?

OK seriously anyone know when NYC will get its first machine? Maybe sunshine laundromat? I believe they ordered one.

#2168 4 years ago

In! 1 day old

1A1B01B5-6950-479E-913B-E031D895E650 (resized).jpeg1A1B01B5-6950-479E-913B-E031D895E650 (resized).jpeg
#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

When does Kaneda get his free one ?
OK seriously anyone know when NYC will get its first machine? Maybe sunshine laundromat? I believe they ordered one.

My money is on Sunshine first.
And I’d bet my winnings that Kaneda backs out of the CE
Unless he can’t

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

In! 1 day old[quoted image]

Congrats!!!

#2171 4 years ago

Hey Creepy is this set up at your house and could you give us some feedback

#2172 4 years ago

What is the last version of code we've seen either streamed or at a show? Looks like LOTS of updates have happened in the last couple of weeks

* Added/updated lots of music, sound, speech, graphics, and lamp effects.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt?fbclid=IwAR39J6s6ftFHfKsKhIwkjmh7oLA5G2r_tp230I-mJe2hfzHw8-AEE0YJOY8

#2173 4 years ago

My machine says version 1.06 SE

#2174 4 years ago

Email just came from distributor with code 1.07. So it looks like it ships with 1.06z

#2176 4 years ago

This is a cool addition in v1.03

+ Added random speech in attract mode when the camera detects movement.

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

My machine says version 1.06 SE

This is what the one here was at also. Code update is a breezy 34 megs or so.

#2178 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

What is the last version of code we've seen either streamed or at a show?

It looks like 1.0 hit on June 5, so perhaps the latest we’ve seen online is 0.4?

Looking forward to SEEING and HEARING 1.07.

#2179 4 years ago

Now listen I wouldn't normally post in threads like this one other than answering questions because my opinion is obviously biased and I make no secret of that fact so take this for what it's worth - I got my Wonka home and have been playing it a lot - installed 1.07p this morning and everyone here knows that I have to help tech support this game and therefore I shouldn't try to sway opinions and I'm not shilling; I remember way back when I offered my opinion on how nicely DI felt to shoot and how I hadn't played a game that felt like that one since the NGG days and I was immediately lambasted for offering my opinion when obviously I was clueless. SO factoring that in here let me offer this - I've been doing this for a very long time (collecting and playing I mean) and this is one of those "new pin in the house" days that always makes me happy. I'm enjoying this game very much although it is humbling me score-wise at the moment. On my recent NJ trip I also got the opportunity to spend some time with a friend playing his Guardians Pro and I very much enjoyed that also - sometimes as I get older (which is by the minute) I just like to play and not think too hard about tech support and how this or that might be to fix and how people in the world will like or dislike a game and so on. This game fills me with joy even though the movie isn't among my favorites (as I know it is for many Pinsiders from what I've read). I'm enjoying it and trying to recapture the feeling I had before everything else got involved owing to my profession. Is this the be all and end all of games and we can all go home now? No. I am enjoying it very much though. I hope new pin day never becomes a thing of the past. Okay, carry on, thanks...

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Now listen I wouldn't normally post in threads like this one other than answering questions because my opinion is obviously biased and I make no secret of that fact so take this for what it's worth - I got my Wonka home and have been playing it a lot - installed 1.07p this morning and everyone here knows that I have to help tech support this game and therefore I shouldn't try to sway opinions and I'm not shilling; I remember way back when I offered my opinion on how nicely DI felt to shoot and how I hadn't played a game that felt like that one since the NGG days and I was immediately lambasted for offering my opinion when obviously I was clueless. SO factoring that in here let me offer this - I've been doing this for a very long time (collecting and playing I mean) and this is one of those "new pin in the house" days that always makes me happy. I'm enjoying this game very much although it is humbling me score-wise at the moment. On my recent NJ trip I also got the opportunity to spend some time with a friend playing his Guardians Pro and I very much enjoyed that also - sometimes as I get older (which is by the minute) I just like to play and not think too hard about tech support and how this or that might be to fix and how people in the world will like or dislike a game and so on. This game fills me with joy even though the movie isn't among my favorites (as I know it is for many Pinsiders from what I've read). I'm enjoying it and trying to recapture the feeling I had before everything else got involved owing to my profession. Is this the be all and end all of games and we can all go home now? No. I am enjoying it very much though. I hope new pin day never becomes a thing of the past. Okay, carry on, thanks...

I’m not sure how to take this?

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not sure how to take this?

Steve likes the game more than tech support. ( he thinks it's great and a bit apprehensive to say so )

LTG : )

#2182 4 years ago

Can’t wait to play the new code - congrats guys!

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Steve likes the game more than tech support. ( he thinks it's great and a bit apprehensive to say so )

I suppose that's it, Lloyd. I got a minor chill when I pressed start and Gene said "We are the music makers..."

#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, all I heard is Steve got one and you didn’t.

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Lloyd, all I heard is Steve got one and you didn’t.

Now now, Steve had to spend a week in NJ and drive one home; Lloyd has to wait until his comes by freight.

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Lloyd, all I heard is Steve got on and you didn’t.

Tech support will be a little trying for a month or so. Happens every game.

Don't worry, I'll help where I can. With so many games going out, and first time NIB buyers, I suspect there will be calls. None serious or anything.

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Now now, Steve had to spend a week in NJ and drive one home;

I could have drove there. And stayed over for Pintastic.

#2188 4 years ago

LTG Pinballomatic
Comments all in fun, just giving you a hard time. Thanks for all you do!

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Comments all in fun, just giving you a hard time.

Not a good day to poke the bear.

#2190 4 years ago

The Oompa loompah multiball lightshow and music are phenomenal, those little leds add incredible effects. By far the best light show ever, they’ve topped WOZ.

#2191 4 years ago

Say no more. Rough days are no fun.
Consider this me.

F7B9CC9B-1FE0-4C66-80EF-A25FA8E09747.gifF7B9CC9B-1FE0-4C66-80EF-A25FA8E09747.gif
#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

The Oompa loompah multiball lightshow and music are phenomenal, those little leds add incredible effects. By far the best light show ever, they’ve topped WOZ.

Do you have streaming gear by chance?

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you have streaming gear by chance?

I'll be streaming tomorrow afternoon. should have the game up and running by about 3pm est. twitch.tv/habermania

#2194 4 years ago

Once the code gets done this game is gonna b a must have pin for most people.. the newest code is allready a huge improvement from what most have seen and played. Jjp really don't slack on code and i don't believe wonka will be the first. Jjp knows how to listen and make a amazing experience no matter what's on the playfield.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Expected release 2020

Oh really?

#2196 4 years ago

Don’t waste your time with Gary Stern under cover.

#2197 4 years ago

My early review, hope it helps.
Shoots like a dream, so smooth, if any thing the ramps are almost too easy to combo. Seems to be packed with code and things to do. I’m just scratching the surface in that area. The amount of callouts that the new code has has been increased to the point where I don’t know how they can squeeze anything more from the movie into it. Light shows are even more impressive than Oz, those little leds add many cool effects. I’ve got a standard, on the negative side, it does look like something big is missing in the back left, I’m sure someone is going to make something cool to fill that space, for now I’m putting a big Wonka bar with a golden ticket back there. Another negative might be the dangerous pops like Walking dead, it has drained SDTM several times for me. It amazes me with something new every time but that is part of the honeymoon. The music is fantastic, they didn’t get the rights to have the kids or the Oompa Loompas singing but they play the music of their songs so well you don’t really miss the singing. The theme integration is so packed, outside of the modes, Gene and Grandpa are constantly talking to you. JJP also stepped up the packaging. It had its own mini palate inside the box and so much extra cardboard and styrofoam packing than normal, keeping it so snug. Haven’t been this impressed with a game since Maiden.

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

My early review, hope it helps.
Shoots like a dream, so smooth, if any thing the ramps are almost too easy to combo. Seems to be packed with code and things to do. I’m just scratching the surface in that area. The amount of callouts that the new code has has been increased to the point where I don’t know how they can squeeze anything more from the movie into it. Light shows are even more impressive than Oz, those little leds add many cool effects. I’ve got a standard, on the negative side, it does look like something big is missing in the back left, I’m sure someone is going to make something cool to fill that space, for now I’m putting a big Wonka bar with a golden ticket back there. Another negative might be the dangerous pops like Walking dead, it has drained SDTM several times for me. It amazes me with something new every time but that is part of the honeymoon. The music is fantastic, they didn’t get the rights to have the kids or the Oompa Loompas singing but they play the music of their songs so well you don’t really miss the singing. The theme integration is so packed, outside of the modes, Gene and Grandpa are constantly talking to you. JJP also stepped up the packaging. It had its own mini palate inside the box and so much extra cardboard and styrofoam packing than normal, keeping it so snug. Haven’t been this impressed with a game since Maiden.

You missed the big question..."DOES IT STILL SOUND LIKE A SLOT MACHINE?"
j/k Can't wait to play one on location. This game is on my short list.

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

The music is fantastic, they didn’t get the rights to have the kids or the Oompa Loompas singing

Huh? I thought they sang when the pops hit?

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Huh? I thought they sang when the pops hit?

Exactly. Thats the only time i have ever heard them as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.