824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 46.
#2051 4 years ago

Sweet that means helicon will likely get this soon since they're.... Well.... The best.

#2052 4 years ago

Congrats to JJP for getting this on the line in the timeframe they estimated. Hoping my CE is delivered by the end of July!

#2053 4 years ago

I know two location near Philly will be getting them, but i don't know if they will get them right away. We'll see. I am 10th in line for a standard with my distributor, so really hoping to get one of the first batch. We will see.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The first batch of standards will be headed out to locations. The plan was to get 100 of the first 150 standard in the public's hands.

Chris, please share pics as soon as you get stock shipments!

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Congrats to JJP for getting this on the line in the timeframe they estimated. Hoping my CE is delivered by the end of July!

I'd say you're looking at closer to Oct/Nov for a CE shipment just based on what I've been told and past JJP shipping timelines...

Jeff

#2056 4 years ago

i got in a good half-dozen games at the NW Pinball and Arcade Show last weekend and my wife played several dozen. looks like we'll be getting an LE, but likely not until about this time next year.

#2057 4 years ago

First finished standard came off line today. Game is alot easier to assemble. JJP will be cranking these machines out.

#2058 4 years ago

Any idea if the cab decals were upgraded from the prototype?

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

First finished standard came off line today. Game is alot easier to assemble. JJP will be cranking these machines out.

Four days earlier than projected. Nice job JJP.

#2060 4 years ago

Photos? Video of the cartwheel?

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Cartwheel is when the pins leave the facility in the first shipment. Jack will have to hurry back at least by next week for the cartwheel video. Otherwise, Pat and JerseyJen will have to do the cartwheels.

#2063 4 years ago

This is very good news. Looking forward to first reveal pics.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack usually does the cartwheel when the first semi / truck takes the first batch of games out of the factory. Hoping that is soon!

#2065 4 years ago

Hey well I need some help guys I hope I'm not totally screwed so I turn. On my new pirates game today and I got a error message I check it out and now none of my rgb or lights turn on. The only thing that turns are my spot lights any help would be appreciated.

20190606_191222 (resized).jpg20190606_191222 (resized).jpg
#2066 4 years ago

The upper slingshot is under the black pearl access ramp. The guys have to clip off the top of the metal front blade so it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the plastic ramp. Yours may be caught there so take a look.
Lights - under the playfield find the BAG board and look for the mini-usb connector on it (its the only mini usb under the playfield) usually a tie wrap is used to try to hold it straight into the socket but it can still fall out or get misaligned so unplug and reseat it.

#2067 4 years ago

Just got word that ours should be here next week!

#2068 4 years ago

That's odd. Jeff Patterson of TWIP said today that WONKA is still not yet on the line.....sure hope you are right and he isn't.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That's odd. Jeff Patterson of TWIP said today that WONKA is still not yet on the line.....sure hope you are right and he isn't.

Read up. WONKA started production last week. First one rolled off the line Thursday.

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That installment of TWIP seems like old news,unless that’s a second streaming of Wonka from IE pinball

#2071 4 years ago

Great news. I saw your prior post and then today I saw Patterson's story on TWIP. I guess we will know for sure when Jack does cart wheels and/or someone posts a picture of an on-location game. That notwithstanding, I do not expect to see my CE until maybe October at the earliest but hope does spring eternal.

#2072 4 years ago

Where are all the pics of the production line?

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Where are all the pics of the production line?

Why would you assume those are legal to share openly?

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Why would it be a problem?

#2075 4 years ago

Legal? Jack has shared production photos on numerous occasions.

#2076 4 years ago

You must be from a small town.

#2077 4 years ago

Was at an arcade over the weekend in Los Angeles and saw - what appears to be - the exact same assets on this machine. I know this happens sometimes on slot machines, but never seen it on some sorta quarter-pushing luck machine in an arcade.

IMG_4057 (resized).jpgIMG_4057 (resized).jpgIMG_4058 (resized).jpgIMG_4058 (resized).jpg
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Was at an arcade over the weekend in Los Angeles and saw - what appears to be - the exact same assets on this machine. I know this happens sometimes on slot machines, but never seen it on some sorta quarter-pushing luck machine in an arcade.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd guess there are only so many high quality photos to work from, that the license holder feels represents the brand well.

#2079 4 years ago

For those waiting on a LE, I was told today that they will start production sometime in July.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

For those waiting on a LE, I was told today that they will start production sometime in July.

If that holds true, then maybe the CEs start sometime in August? Works for me!

#2081 4 years ago

For a chance to play in the North East Pintastic is next week

#2082 4 years ago

Anyone have any news of the first shipment leaving JJP yet?

#2083 4 years ago

Man this thread is dead compared to what I would expect considering it's so close to coming out.

hype is on life support .... Yeah you'll have the die hards reply to this and say delt you're crazy I'm so hyped for this game but cmon now this thread should be blowing up with hourly messages. Days passing with nothing.

Damn. I'm even surprised and I thought hype was already low.

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man this thread is dead compared to what I would expect considering it's so close to coming out.
hype is on life support .... Yeah you'll have the die hards reply to this and say delt you're crazy I'm so hyped for this game but cmon now this thread should be blowing up with hourly messages. Days passing with nothing.

Ok, you're crazy, I'm so hyped

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Delt you are crazy.

I am super pumped as are tons of people. Just in that wait till they ship phase. Outside in summer but ready for more rain once Wonka arrives

#2086 4 years ago

There's no new info to really get hyped over. Once you start seeing Jack do cartwheels, these Wonka threads will be on fire.

#2087 4 years ago

Anyone have any news of the first shipment leaving JJP yet?

radio silence currently, but that is expected TBT

My prediction is they are getting that first run for operators all ready and we are going to see those all hi/ship within a day or two.
It is the right thing to do for them as a business and for the operators that support them.

#2088 4 years ago

I will admit my enthusiasm has dropped quite a bit for this game. But I'm still in.

#2089 4 years ago

Well bring the hype fellas bc I love Pinball hype..... Seriously I do. This game is a big disappointment to me (going from NIB to bar play with huo potential) but I'm still excited to play it.

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well bring the hype fellas bc I love Pinball hype..... Seriously I do. This game is a big disappointment to me (going from NIB to bar play with huo potential) but I'm still excited to play it.

That's a crazy emotional swing for a game you haven't even played yet. Waiting might be a good choice for you.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Once you start seeing Jack do cartwheels,

And Pat. I hope.

LTG : )

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

That's a crazy emotional swing for a game you haven't even played yet. Waiting might be a good choice for you.

he prefers to hype rather than play.

nothing wrong with it... some like to ride the emotion of the new hot thing more than anything else in the hobby.

That said, I have no idea why he would not be hyped. Possibly the best JJP theme to date, for sure the best Pat Lawlor JJP theme to date, the thing shoots like butter and I did not think Pat L could top DI design features but he did, and to top it all off we get a new programmer that is a pinball player and passionate about the game/has something to prove/and appears willling to try some new stuff.

Honestly my only quesiton of the game is will the code hold up long term (i.e. have something to keep my interest for years)

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he prefers to hype rather than play.
nothing wrong with it... some like to ride the emotion of the new hot thing more than anything else in the hobby.
That said, I have no idea why he would not be hyped. Possibly the best JJP theme to date, for sure the best Pat Lawlor JJP theme to date, the thing shoots like butter and I did not think Pat L could top DI design features but he did, and to top it all off we get a new programmer that is a pinball player and passionate about the game/has something to prove/and appears willling to try some new stuff.
Honestly my only quesiton of the game is will the code hold up long term (i.e. have something to keep my interest for years)

Please don't speak for me whytalk. You're clueless as usual.

The game has a great theme and from what I've seen, they're completely drowning it alive with horrendous sound, lack of speech with the clips and the absolute worst announcer that any pinball game has ever had period. Add in the fact it's a HUGE step backwards from JJP's last outing regarding innovation and magic, it's def a disappointment thus far (and quite frankly - for many others as well, hence the lack of sig hype).

That being said, it looks to shoot so butter smooth which is why I'm still interested.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Please don't speak for me whytalk. You're clueless as usual.
The game has a great theme and from what I've seen, they're completely drowning it alive with horrendous sound, lack of speech with the clips and the absolute worst announcer that any pinball game has ever had period. Add in the fact it's a HUGE step backwards from JJP's last outing regarding innovation and magic, it's almost all but off the radar.
That being said, it looks to shoot so butter smooth which is why I'm still interested.

You don't enjoy hearing Gramps tuck you into bed and sell ya some ole fashioned lemonade and sarsaparilla?

Yeah....just wait to play until you feel one way or another. I played briefly at MGC, and it was fine, but I was also similar feeling towards Pirates at JJP when I visited.

Getting a game isolated, where you can take your time and absorb gameplay and A/V aspects is such a delicate mix, and most often not fully appreciable in most loud environments.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You don't enjoy hearing Gramps tuck you into bed and sell ya some ole fashioned lemonade and sarsaparilla?
Yeah....just wait to play until you feel one way or another. I played briefly at MGC, and it was fine, but I was also similar feeling towards Pirates at JJP when I visited.
Getting a game isolated, where you can take your time and absorb gameplay and A/V aspects is such a delicate mix, and most often not fully appreciable in most loud environments.

yep 100% agree which is why I'm still excited to play it. It's just off that must have list for me which I'm surprised about considering the theme they're working with.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

. . the absolute worst announcer that any pinball game has ever had period.

From the videos I have watched, that was kind of what I thought. The bumpers singing "oompa loompa" one word at a time was a little weird as well. A sound from the factory like the secret machine may have been a better fit. I am anxious for my SE and I'm hoping those things will grow on me.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yep 100% agree which is why I'm still excited to play it. It's just off that must have list for me which I'm surprised about considering the theme they're working with.

it will never resell for 10.5k so no real need for your interest anymore.

If you are no longer in, then this may not be the thread for you based on the title?

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it will never resell for 10.5k so no real need for your interest anymore.
If you are no longer in, then this may not be the thread for you based on the title?

whytalk - if you read what I wrote, you'll notice I still have interest, just not NIB.

Also, if I didn't jin up this dying hypeless thread a little, things would be even more depressing for poor WW.

#2099 4 years ago

I think Wonka sales will be ok,but it’s a damn shame if the audio screws this game up.Pat designed one of his greatest pins with Dialed In (he wanted Killer App by the way)and people rip the theme.I can’t help but wonder on who decides some these bad choices.Anyway let’s hope for the best the game looks fun to shoot

#2100 4 years ago

What's there to hype? Nothing to see here until people start getting their pins. Looking forward to getting my 'poor WW'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/42?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.