824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 46.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wouldn't speculate....waste of time. Jjp has to deal with that type of thing and it appears they agree that brat is better.
More importantly, I don't think the licensor required them to select an announcer that sounds like he did every line in the game after someone kicked him right in the nuts! Now that is something they need to revisit bc right now he's the worst in history.

I hope JJP hears this feedback and does new narration/callouts with someone better and much more exciting. If they do, I could probably get over the weird "oompa loompa" song pop bumpers sounds and I'd be a buyer again.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm hoping for Jack/Pat dual cartwheels when they start shipping.
LTG : )

Dressed as Ooompah-Looompahs!

#2003 4 years ago

WELL I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR TOO LONG......

I am not out on the CE...but I do hope that they show something on this soon. I was very disappointed that they did not have the CE completed and I hope the playfield is different and this game is like POTC CE...that to date is by far the best for the value and also what it means to stand out and be a true Collector's Edition game.

Always have and always will be one of JJP biggest fans and I just want the best for JJP and for all of us and those out there to enjoy these amazing games.

I take these games and powder coat the doors and whatever else and add as many mods and toys to make it that much more special and let those in my area enjoy them at our showroom. So I am asking and hoping that this CE will be better and a step up from the past ones. Let's give them a chance and in true JJP fashion, they will make it along the finish line.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I do hope in about 5 1/2 hours you call Joe and let him know of your triumphant return !

Welcome back !

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I'm still waiting on your figurine.

#2005 4 years ago

I take these games and powder coat the doors

Huh, who would have thought you’d be into powder coating coin doors on your JJP games.

#2006 4 years ago

My wife and I played the woz at the northwest show this last weekend. Not sure what version it was. We only managed 2 games each (due to the lines) and we found it quite difficult, probably lasted less than a minute total on each of the 4 games. I know I suck at pinball and I am sure it’s got endless cool stuff, but unlike many that we played for the first time, it doesn’t seem very novice-friendly and we came away with a “not very fun” takeaway

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

My wife and I played the woz at the northwest show this last weekend. Not sure what version it was. We only managed 2 games each (due to the lines) and we found it quite difficult, probably lasted less than a minute total on each of the 4 games. I know I suck at pinball and I am sure it’s got endless cool stuff, but unlike many that we played for the first time, it doesn’t seem very novice-friendly and we came away with a “not very fun” takeaway

Steve says, Play Better !!

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It wasn’t Warner Bros it was the family.

Odd, it is a story and doesn’t reflect personally on the actors who, by the way, are all adults now, some probably dead.

#2009 4 years ago

Nah. You can never be gone for too long...

#2010 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything regarding shipping timelines? Standards were supposed to be June I thought.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone heard anything regarding shipping timelines? Standards were supposed to be June I thought.

I’m hoping June they will ship. All I heard was June, June, June. Let’s see it!

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Agreed. It is time to deliver.

#2013 4 years ago

I just received my package of MODs for WONKA from The Mod Couple. I bought them all and they, as usual, are very well done and should all look great in the game. Especially the "factory" which replaces the ugly 'bread box'. The only problem with getting them so early is that now I am really antsy for the game to start shipping. In the meantime, the MODs do serve as a bit of a placebo for the real thing. Had to do it though because I just did not want to possibly miss out. Most of their POTC MODs are now unavailable but then, so is the game. BTW, have you noticed how many people are regretting having cancelled their POTC order or did not buy a CE and now they're left out and wishing they had one. I think we may see the same type of comments someday about missing out on WONKA. If you are thinking of dropping out, or getting a standard vs. the LE or CE, please be sure to think carefully about it. I think we all know from our own personal experiences that regret is a bitter pill to swallow. BTW, I finally had a chance to play WONKA at the PNWPB fest. I could not hear the the callouts, music, etc. and so I do not know how much of an issue they are. But, as to game play, it is a really great, engaging game and matches up well with all of JJP's previous efforts. Some people say it is much like WOZ; I don't think so. Lots of colorful lighting, etc. and a "youthful" theme but it plays completely different and does not have the upper play fields, isn't a wide body, etc. It really is it's own game and is distinctly different in more than just appearance from the other JJP games that I own. Oh, did I say that I am anxious for it to start shipping?

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They have about 6 days left to hit the original "60 days" shipping date.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I thought you were no longer interested in this title?

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok I will give u that. Come on June 10th, June 10th, June 10th!!! Prove it.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have about 10 days left to start shipping within originally promised deadline.

The ONLY official statement I've ever heard (or read) from JJP on WONKA is "early summer." By that reasoning, since summer is 92 days long, they have the first 46 days of summer to ship and make the "early summer" definition. 46 days from the start of summer is August 6th. After that, we're past the mid-point of summer and we're in "late summer." So there's that.

Quoted from iceman44:

Tick tock. Hype is dying a slow death.
They haven't even shown the CE artwork yet.

Who said they had to release the CE artwork before shipping the SE? They're not even going to start shipping the CE until after they've done a run of SE and LE, so they technically don't need to release the CE final details until just before they're ready to start production. It could be well after they are running the SE LE lines.

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I just received my package of MODs for WONKA from The Mod Couple. I bought them all and they, as usual, are very well done and should all look great in the game. Especially the "factory" which replaces the ugly 'bread box'. The only problem with getting them so early is that now I am really antsy for the game to start shipping. In the meantime, the MODs do serve as a bit of a placebo for the real thing. Had to do it though because I just did not want to possibly miss out. Most of their POTC MODs are now unavailable but then, so is the game. BTW, have you noticed how many people are regretting having cancelled their POTC order or did not buy a CE and now they're left out and wishing they had one. I think we may see the same type of comments someday about missing out on WONKA. If you are thinking of dropping out, or getting a standard vs. the LE or CE, please be sure to think carefully about it. I think we all know from our own personal experiences that regret is a bitter pill to swallow. BTW, I finally had a chance to play WONKA at the PNWPB fest. I could not hear the the callouts, music, etc. and so I do not know how much of an issue they are. But, as to game play, it is a really great, engaging game and matches up well with all of JJP's previous efforts. Some people say it is much like WOZ; I don't think so. Lots of colorful lighting, etc. and a "youthful" theme but it plays completely different and does not have the upper play fields, isn't a wide body, etc. It really is it's own game and is distinctly different in more than just appearance from the other JJP games that I own. Oh, did I say that I am anxious for it to start shipping?

I too went all-in and received my Mods from the Mod Couple last week! I wanted to make sure I was able to obtain them in case they sold out. Beautifully crafted! Well done!

Agree with you that to me WW does not feel like a WOZ or DI rehash. Different gameplay and definitely has been fun to play so far. I’ve had a chance to play all the JJP pins and WW is at/near the top of my list of favorites.

Reflecting on my recent gameplay and the messages in the WW threads, it seems like this game has been inspected at such a depth, you would have thought it was at the final product stage. Not saying anyone’s comments/critiques weren’t fair to call out.

What everyone has to remember is that what we’ve seen and played on this pin so far has all been prototype product (code/hw). If you liked the “sampling” provided, you will probably be in on the finished product. It has been a work in progress and evolving. JJP could do a better job reminding everyone this.

I guess time will tell soon enough if this is a hit or miss for JJP. My money is on a hit.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I thought you were no longer interested in this title?

I read lots of threads on games I don't own or plan to own. I was merely responding to someone's question with the current facts that we have. (kermit24)

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The ONLY official statement I've ever heard (or read) from JJP on WONKA is "early summer." By that reasoning, since summer is 92 days long, they have the first 46 days of summer to ship and make the "early summer" definition. 46 days from the start of summer is August 6th. After that, we're past the mid-point of summer and we're in "late summer." So there's that.

At MGC they told us 60 days at the reveal. I don't remember if it was part of the reveal or if it was the investor/owner that was there that said it while talking to us all. Others have posted the 60 days though as well that remember hearing it at MGC.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

At MGC they told us 60 days at the reveal. I don't remember if it was part of the reveal or if it was the investor/owner that was there that said it while talking to us all. Others have posted the 60 days though as well that remember hearing it at MGC.

So what? If they make that date, great. If not, so what?

The game will still ship.

But it’s a toy. Why people get so worked up about stuff like this is mind boggling.

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But it’s a toy. Why people get so worked up about stuff like this is mind boggling.

$9500 toy, you're right, mind boggling!

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't know - maybe something called a broken promise? Sure it will ship but wouldn't it be nice if Jack delivered when he told us he would?

For me I'm huo if anything so it doesn't matter but if i was nib it would be frustrating. I would like to see Jack come through

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't know - maybe something called a broken promise? Sure it will ship but wouldn't it be nice if Jack delivered when he told us he would?
For me I'm huo if anything so it doesn't matter but if i was nib it would be frustrating. I would like to see Jack come through

But I Think thats where the problem is. This community often hears speech as Guarantee or Promise. Yes I was in the room when he stated they were on target to ship in 60 days after announce but Nowhere in his statement implied or expressed were the words Guarantee or Promise. He was simply fielding questions and letting it be known they would not do a year in design like POTC. We need to avoid reading into what we Assume is said. Thats Guaranteed half the reason they prefer to tell us Nothing most times.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I too went all-in and received my Mods from the Mod Couple last week! I wanted to make sure I was able to obtain them in case they sold out. Beautifully crafted! Well done!

I had gotten the wonkavator and flipper bats, and while I may no longer be getting the game, I did open the box to look at them before selling them to another pinsider, and they were amazing. Mod couple hit that wonkavator mod OUT OF THE PARK. It's one of the best mods for a game I've ever seen. JJP should buy it and include it with every LE/CE no joke.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But I Think thats where the problem is. This community often hears speech as Guarantee or Promise. Yes I was in the room when he stated they were on target to ship in 60 days after announce but Nowhere in his statement implied or expressed were the words Guarantee or Promise. He was simply fielding questions and letting it be known they would not do a year in design like POTC. We need to avoid reading into what we Assume is said. Thats Guaranteed half the reason they prefer to tell us Nothing most times.

Yeah I hear you but let's not give these guys free passes when they miss their own window bc they didn't give us a contract stipulating a guarantee. Bottom line, expectation is not met, disappointment occurs and we move on.

Would be nice if Jack backs up his own words otherwise what's the point of him saying it to begin with.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I hear you but let's not give these guys free passes when they miss their own window bc they didn't give us a contract stipulating a guarantee. Bottom line, expectation is not met, disappointment occurs and we move on.
Would be nice if Jack backs up his own words otherwise what's the point of him saying it to begin with.

Thats fair just tough to moderate with so many expectations. Some want to know Anything now and others aren't happy even with the answer. In my opinion they Never promised a date of production or delivery or anything really so I find it hard to except that they disappointed anyone. If they came to the show and said "you'll see it when you see it" people would revolt. They are producing a product with Thousands of parts and hundreds of suppliers around the world. Time frames can change at any time. If they rush to get it out to meet some assumed deadline and there was Any issue everyone would blame them for rushing. Managing expectations is all they can do. The safe direction would be to tell everyone Nothing but they opt to share their Anticipated plan. Doesn't dissapoint me personally. They Did guarantee it would be Wonka that can Can be disappointed in if they change the title.

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For clarity that is not the CE. It an LE with a CE backglass and that is also not the final red for the rails. Those were used as placeholders per the designer. All Playfields are also LE. Just clarifying should any CE buyer think that’s it.

Also, that is not the CE backglass. It's the LE backglass. The CE is a reflective mirror with Will Wonka alone in the center. The metal wonka sign and the kids are ont he LE backglass.

#2028 4 years ago

I hope the games ship soon just so that we can see what the lucky new owners have to say after they've had the game and the time to really know what they think about it.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats fair just tough to moderate with so many expectations. Some want to know Anything now and others aren't happy even with the answer. In my opinion they Never promised a date of production or delivery or anything really so I find it hard to except that they disappointed anyone. If they came to the show and said "you'll see it when you see it" people would revolt. They are producing a product with Thousands of parts and hundreds of suppliers around the world. Time frames can change at any time. If they rush to get it out to meet some assumed deadline and there was Any issue everyone would blame them for rushing. Managing expectations is all they can do. The safe direction would be to tell everyone Nothing but they opt to share their Anticipated plan. Doesn't dissapoint me personally. They Did guarantee it would be Wonka that can Can be disappointed in if they change the title.

I don't know. Jack made a big deal of how this game will be different and that it will ship soon, 60 days etc

I just don't buy the fact we shouldn't hold him accountable to that. Sure some people hold unachievable expectations but I'm not one of those. The only expectations I'm holding him to are his own. Period.

It's really that simple. Anything else is just overcomplicating this. I'm hopefully he delivers bc it would build credibility.

#2030 4 years ago

It won’t be long now folks. SEs first I think everyone knows that - you’ll hear that production has begun in the very near future.

#2031 4 years ago

It won’t be long now folks. SEs first I think everyone knows that - you’ll hear that production has begun in the very near future.

So it goes SE-LE-CE ?

#2032 4 years ago

first a run of SEs then LE and SE together then stop both for just CEs exclusively until they are done, then the rest of the LE and SE units. This “stop and then run only CEs partway into the run” is exactly the same way it was done with DI and POTC.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't know. Jack made a big deal of how this game will be different and that it will ship soon, 60 days etc
I just don't buy the fact we shouldn't hold him accountable to that. Sure some people hold unachievable expectations but I'm not one of those. The only expectations I'm holding him to are his own. Period.
It's really that simple. Anything else is just overcomplicating this. I'm hopefully he delivers bc it would build credibility.

I’m with you at any cost. Want to see this game roll and Pray it’s not released like Pirates was. I never bought and canceled a game so many times. Lol. Will say to me after playing Wonka for several hours it really is an amazing game. Hard to absorb at a show with all the distractions and noise. I really think Joe and his team are going to make the code and illustration match the great shots of this game. Looking forward to it.

#2034 4 years ago

That is great news!

#2036 4 years ago

I obviously need to read recent posts.

#2037 4 years ago

Ummm...Its 2:43 AM

Has anyone heard anything or leaked anything on the CE playfield

Texting Joe now -- If I get a respose -- I will post it here or on the CE Thread.

One Sec........................

#2038 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the Topper is going to be pretty cool for the CE Model - I just want them to make it one bad ass game like they did for the POTC CE -- As you can see there are buyer out there now that will pay pretty close to or the same for the POTC CE Model and I think that is great.

I know there are from what I have heard - 500 CE's (a bit high in my opinion -- But it is what it is) == There some very cool stuff on the CE model for the the POTC and I just want them to carry that over on the Wonka CE Model. PLEASE == PLEASE let this be just as good.

Oh - By the way -- I did text Joe....

No Response as of yet.

#2039 4 years ago

I got my mods on order for my #12 CE from the ModCouple -- Is it me or does it seem weird that I am getting excited to see the mods come in before I even get the game.

oh yeah

Still...No Response from Joe -- Not Yet.....

#2040 4 years ago

I got my mods on order for my #12 CE from the ModCouple -- Is it me or does it seem weird that I am getting excited to see the mods come in before I even get the game.
oh yeah
Still...No Response from Joe -- Not Yet.....

Not odd at all. What was odd to me though is How many people ordered a Custom Coin Door with the CE and LE #12? Joe must be selling several of those same number?? lol

#2041 4 years ago

JJP dropped some Knowledge to the Distros today, Soon... Soon..

#2042 4 years ago

I got the call... coming soon!

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got the call... coming soon!

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#2044 4 years ago

Any thoughts on topper options for an LE?

#2045 4 years ago

I got an email from JJP today which says Wonka is officially on the line creating the Standards. Your wait is almost over!

#2046 4 years ago

Super excited to play more Wonka soon!

#2048 4 years ago

Happy for all of you guys who are going to be getting your machines soon. I’m excited to see what you think of them at home.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Happy for all of you guys who are going to be getting your machines soon. I’m excited to see what you think of them at home.

The first batch of standards will be headed out to locations. The plan was to get 100 of the first 150 standard in the public's hands.

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The first batch of standards will be headed out to locations. The plan was to get 100 of the first 150 standard in the public's hands.

Reminds me of another excellent that plan was to use nine pieces of eight to bind Calypso.....

Sorry, wrong thread!

Really happy to hear this news, and see JJP, it's distributors, and it's customers soon, SOON relish in some sweet, delicious games of pinball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 91.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/41?hl=hockeymag8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.