824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 46.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For clarity that is not the CE. It an LE with a CE backglass and that is also not the final red for the rails. Those were used as placeholders per the designer. All Playfields are also LE. Just clarifying should any CE buyer think that’s it.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. That was the point I was trying to make. Many people trying WW out here (at NWPAS Festival) thought it was the CE version.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Ice you seem to have the same frustrations recurring on a very regular basis. Maybe its you? Enjoy what you have and have a drink ...cheers

Well I'm getting impatient in my old age.

When i have paid for a POTCCE (on trade) and a Wonka CE i'm just a bit anxious to see if they can deliver?

But i agree Vex, have a drink and relax is the only real answer.

And i have too many pins to play as it is now anyhow!

#1953 4 years ago

I don't see where this has been asked (which is probably my answer), but what are the chances that an aftermarket Wonkavator could be modded in to an SE? You could then upload the LE/CE code to it and have the same functionality as the others. (My experience is limited to 90s Bally machines so I'm not sure if there is some sort of DRM or whatever that would make this impossible). Thoughts?

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I don't see where this has been asked (which is probably my answer), but what are the chances that an aftermarket Wonkavator could be modded in to an SE? You could then upload the LE/CE code to it and have the same functionality as the others. (My experience is limited to 90s Bally machines so I'm not sure if there is some sort of DRM or whatever that would make this impossible). Thoughts?

Cannot be done. You can’t load the software onto an SE, it requires a dongle.

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tick tock. Hype is dying a slow death.
They haven't even shown the CE artwork yet.

Really sad to see. Everything since reveal had just taken this game down the wrong path.

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really sad to see. Everything since reveal had just taken this game down the wrong path.

I know right. The ship has sailed. I’m on to the next pin. When a pinball is shown, I’m ready right then not months and months later.

#1957 4 years ago

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.

Screenshot_20190601-084619_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190601-084619_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.[quoted image]

They're emphasizing the b...like Gobbbbbbbbstopper. By the way, I still am curious about this game and I am jealous of those getting one. I'm just glad I haven't dropped the funds on one yet. The time may come...I hope it does. Willy Wonka was a theme that should have been a slam-dunk must-have for me.

#1959 4 years ago

I’m out on this one

#1960 4 years ago

Gobstopper still misspelled from when I pointed it out 2 months ago and was shouted down and told that it was already fixed and that spelling errors are not something to be discussed.[quoted image]

I re-checked my pics from NWPAS Fest and it is still misspelled but realize it appears these are the prototype machines making the rounds at all the festivals. Not final form. So we won't fully know what will be changed/delivered until production starts and we can see what comes off the line.

#1961 4 years ago

Some of these comments remind me of the early days when the other JJP games were announced. JJP in my view has hit home runs with all of their games and I expect this will be no different.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Some of these comments remind me of the early days when the other JJP games were announced. JJP in my view has hit home runs with all of their games and I expect this will be no different.

Right on brother!Saw the same shit with Dialed In and it’s my favorite pin.By the way the SE’s will start shipping in a couple weeks

#1963 4 years ago

Because it’s still the same machines as 2 months ago

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Because it’s still the same machines as 2 months ago

Yeah I think thats why people keep mentioning that one machine is missing an Oompa Loompa. It fell off in the first 5 minutes of the Buffalo stream.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Yeah I think thats why people keep mentioning that one machine is missing an Oompa Loompa. It fell off in the first 5 minutes of the Buffalo stream.

Yep been missing since MGC

#1966 4 years ago

You guys can relax, we got all the typos after we did prototype artwork.

#1967 4 years ago

Good to hear but did you also fix that scurrilous letter 'H'???? Sarcasm intended..

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I hear you on this and I'm sure this game will be another good JJP entry but wouldn't you love to see this company break away from this awful pattern of early sneak preview, super hype, then stream stream stream and then release? Wouldn't you love to see JJP deliver when the hype is at it's highest? I don't think anyone would agree that the hype is still there like it was and with some questionable choices, at least for me, this game is at it's lowest point since announcement.

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you on this and I'm sure this game will be another good JJP entry but wouldn't you love to see this company break away from this awful pattern of early sneak preview, super hype, then stream stream stream and then release? Wouldn't you love to see JJP deliver when the hype is at it's highest? I don't think anyone would agree that the hype is still there like it was and with some questionable choices, at least for me, this game is at it's lowest point since announcement.

I really dont understand. For me the hype is the same as in April when i ordered my CE. Gogo JJP <3

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Woz had a very long wait time and look how well it’s done. We are all too used to stern announcing a game and having it out the door within a month. Smaller companies can’t do it like that. I also don’t buy into the hype so it doesn’t bother me if they show it early, stream it and then I have to wait; doesn’t make me change my mind about my deposit. I appreciate jjp showing the game over the last 6 weeks. The game is on the line and I hope will ship shortly, that’s a big change for them. Imagine how much grief they’d get if they released a game early, lacking code and it had issues. Get it right, then release it. If the game is good, sales will follow and everyone will forget about a few months delay.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

...wouldn't you love to see this company break away from this awful pattern of early sneak preview, super hype, then stream stream stream and then release? Wouldn't you love to see JJP deliver when the hype is at it's highest? I don't think anyone would agree that the hype is still there like it was and with some questionable choices, at least for me, this game is at it's lowest point since announcement.

There is no "awful pattern” here. JJP shows off prototypes, and people get excited. Then the impatient people claim some sort of marketing blunder. Then the game ships and everyone is excited again and we hear things like, ” it took forever, but wow, what a game." People bitched about DI even more, and it's still selling. I love the proto reveals and hope they continue.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Woz had a very long wait time and look how well it’s done. We are all too used to stern announcing a game and having it out the door within a month. Smaller companies can’t do it like that. I also don’t buy into the hype so it doesn’t bother me if they show it early, stream it and then I have to wait; doesn’t make me change my mind about my deposit. I appreciate jjp showing the game over the last 6 weeks. The game is on the line and I hope will ship shortly, that’s a big change for them. Imagine how much grief they’d get if they released a game early, lacking code and it had issues. Get it right, then release it. If the game is good, sales will follow and everyone will forget about a few months delay.

I hear you on this - I just wish JJP would show the game later on, so we're not seeing how the sausage is made so folks start worrying. I just hope they correct the sound/music/announcer and theme integration.....sounds like a lot....I just wish they would correct those prior to it being pushed to the public.

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is no "awful pattern” here. JJP shows off prototypes, and people get excited. Then the impatient people claim some sort of marketing blunder. Then the game ships and everyone is excited again and we hear things like, ” it took forever, but wow, what a game." People bitched about DI even more, and it's still selling. I love the proto reveals and hope they continue.

DI was an absolute flop and I enjoyed it! I don't think it ever rebounded from the terrible press.

#1974 4 years ago

I’m still in on this one. Like some others, I’m going to wait. I’ve opted out of the pre-order or order and wait 3-6 months but it’s not called a pre-order. I’m not criticizing others choices, it just not for me.

I have just purchased a used DI standard and I’m extremely happy! I’ve wanted one since they were initially released, but waited to get a version of DI at a time and place when it made sense to me.

I’m still excited about Wonka. I plan to wait until they are readily available and pick one up without having to wait.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ahhhh yes Lermods, I was there from day one. Took about 2 1/2 yrs to get my Woz

Back then there weren’t many options available although I blame JJP for getting me addicted to pinball because of the pins I bought while waiting

That’s the worst part of the whole thing, no restraint, gotta buy something new when they announce a new game like Wonka to satisfy the “addiction” while we wait

CE in October so I agree with everyone, IF the game ends up great the delays won’t matter

AND this time it’s different, Wonka pins should be going into boxes this month so not much longer to wait

Pinball people are fickle

#1976 4 years ago

I'm hoping for Jack/Pat dual cartwheels when they start shipping.

LTG : )

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

DI was an absolute flop and I enjoyed it! I don't think it ever rebounded from the terrible press.

Absolute flop? It sold and still sells even though it's been off the line since before POTC started. It depends on your definition of flop I suppose. It had a lame reveal stream (I was there in person). The event was better than it came off on the stream but I agree a very slow start compared to Pirates. No argument there. It had a nice groundswell once people actually got to see the game and their friends started getting them. It became a consistent seller and enjoyed a semi long-ish production run, longer than Hobbit which preceded it and longer than Pirates which followed it. So flop I don't know. WOZ will never be topped in sales totals, certainly not by DI unless it comes back to the line again (no license) but DI has done okay so far and who knows if it may return for another run. Just MHO.

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just hope they correct the sound/music/announcer and theme integration.....

I cancelled my pre order because of the sound. I don’t see them re-recording with a better announcer for callouts etc. It just killed it for us. Which is so frustrating because at MGC we were in love with the pin. But also couldn’t hear the game at the show. I feel like they “oktoberfested” the audio on this game.

On that note I have a mod couple wonkavator and flipper bats I’ll be selling now.

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guess I'd have to hear that from Jack's mouth. I still hear about people excitedly buying them, often based on the great reviews and current pinside "press."

Here are some pinside numbers:

PinOwners (resized).jpgPinOwners (resized).jpg

With these numbers in mind, you have to remember that dialed in has an average MSRP of $8500, higher that the average Stern price, which is likely around $7000. This game did half the sales of a crazy licence like Star Wars. If you look at sales of WOZ, considering JJP's production lengths, it's hardly a "flop." I think they hoped for more, but it's not a flop.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Guess I'd have to hear that from Jack's mouth. I still hear about people excitedly buying them, often based on the great reviews and current pinside "press."
Here are some pinside numbers:
[quoted image]
With these numbers in mind, you have to remember that dialed in has an average MSRP of $8500, higher that the average Stern price, which is likely around $7000. This game did half the sales of a crazy licence like Star Wars. If you look at sales of WOZ, considering JJP's production lengths, it's hardly a "flop." I think they hoped for more, but it's not a flop.

My flop comment was not based on my own opinion - it was based on the numbers Jack gave and they were significantly lower than expectations and even jack seemed disappointed. I'll repeat - I liked the game. Owned it three times ; )

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I cancelled my pre order because of the sound. I don’t see them re-recording with a better announcer for callouts etc. It just killed it for us. Which is so frustrating because at MGC we were in love with the pin. But also couldn’t hear the game at the show. I feel like they “oktoberfested” the audio on this game.
On that note I have a mod couple wonkavator and flipper bats I’ll be selling now.

I hate to say this b/c it sounds SO trivial but I'm in the same boat. I'm literally passing on this game right now b/c that GD announcer is SO annoying it would kill it for me. I know - super shallow but I call them like I see them. I'm out right now unless that changes. I told my distro the same too.

#1981 4 years ago

So wait.... I was under the impression that the red trim and cab artwork WAS the ce currently but the play field has different art that we have NOT seen yet. Is that not correct ?

#1982 4 years ago

Still hoping the theme integration is dramatically improved in Wonka. Video clips would have more impact and create better theme integration if they were played (and heard) as shots in a mode are played versus being played on a silent loop. The silent video clips hurt the game in my opinion as they take away from the world under glass feeling.

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My flop comment was not based on my own opinion - it was based on the numbers Jack gave and they were significantly lower than expectations and even jack seemed disappointed. I'll repeat - I liked the game. Owned it three times ; )

I hate to say this b/c it sounds SO trivial but I'm in the same boat. I'm literally passing on this game right now b/c that GD announcer is SO annoying it would kill it for me. I know - super shallow but I call them like I see them. I'm out right now unless that changes. I told my distro the same too.

Me and you are on the same page on Wonka and DI! I have DI on my list, played it on location and at a friend’s house many times. Always fun to shoot.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you on this - I just wish JJP would show the game later on, so we're not seeing how the sausage is made so folks start worrying. I just hope they correct the sound/music/announcer and theme integration.....sounds like a lot....I just wish they would correct those prior to it being pushed to the public.

I think most of the people who are worrying probably weren't going to buy in the first place.

This business practice is what Jack thinks is best. I prefer it over Stern's code-roulette business practice.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think most of the people who are worrying probably weren't going to buy in the first place.
This business practice is what Jack thinks is best. I prefer it over Stern's code-roulette business practice.

I guarantee you I was buying.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I guarantee you I was buying.

Guarantee that you still will ... at least for a 60 day tryout. You know you eventually will ...

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

So wait.... I was under the impression that the red trim and cab artwork WAS the ce currently but the play field has different art that we have NOT seen yet. Is that not correct ?

They had said in a stream the artwork on the CE won’t be much different artwise, but will have the sparkle of WOZYBR

#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Guarantee that you still will ... at least for a 60 day tryout. You know you eventually will ...

Yeah you're probably right but huo.

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

They had said in a stream the artwork on the CE won’t be much different artwise, but will have the sparkle of WOZYBR

Man i really don't want to think Wonka CE compared to Woz yellow brick road.

That is a terrible comparison. WozYBR? Throw some sparkle on a PF and call it a day. LOL

We have until October to decide anyhow on the CE's

Hopefully the game will progress like all JJP games before. A bit worried though.

#1990 4 years ago

That was the impression I got at MGC too. CE is same playfield but with candy “sparkle”.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You guys can relax, we got all the typos after we did prototype artwork.

Please tell me you didn't change the "Brats" insert to "Kids" as was indicated during the MGC stream. "Brats" is way better (and more accurate).

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Please tell me you didn't change the "Brats" insert to "Kids" as was indicated during the MGC stream. "Brats" is way better (and more accurate).

I am sure it will be changed on production games as the licensor wouldn't allow them to use "Brat"

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Why do you think we started by calling it that? Unfortunately the licensor did not want us to use that.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We have until October to decide anyhow on the CE's

I apologize if it was mentioned someplace here, but I don't recall seeing it. Where did this information come from? I too, am in on the CE.

#1995 4 years ago

It’s hard to understand why the licensor would care. Isn’t the whole point that the kids (other than Charlie) are brats? How about “punk” instead?

#1996 4 years ago

It wasn’t Warner Bros it was the family.

#1997 4 years ago

Wait until you play Kidd Multibal

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It’s hard to understand why the licensor would care. Isn’t the whole point that the kids (other than Charlie) are brats? How about “punk” instead?

I wouldn't speculate....waste of time. Jjp has to deal with that type of thing and it appears they agree that brat is better.

More importantly, I don't think the licensor required them to select an announcer that sounds like he did every line in the game after someone kicked him right in the nuts! Now that is something they need to revisit bc right now he's the worst in history.

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wee Shitmonsters would be accurate as well, but I guess "tact" and offending someone, comes first for the licensors.

Avoiding possible outrage and profit conflict, sadly makes sense on their end, even if the fan base would indisputably refer to these shitmonsters as "brats".

#2000 4 years ago

As of now I’m definitely in for a standard model, but I won’t buy or preorder until I get to play this bad boy. Time will tell but don’t get me wrong I’m excited to see it, taste it, and smash some buttons

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/40?hl=northstar1976 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.