824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 46.
#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

David is working for Deeproot

Doh. His work on Pirates was so exceptional. It's absolute robbery he didn't get the TWIPY in my view.

#1903 4 years ago

Losing David was big. Also, for the main announcer, Why did they get the land o lakes spokesman guy and then also squeeze his nuts? Anyone know?

#1904 4 years ago

Quoted from Pinballomatic:David is working for Deeproot

Who's Deeproot?
JJP sure needs to pull him back as soon as that contract is over.

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Get David Thiel in there to produce some more theme-appropriate but unique songs!

I can promise you that’s not happening.

#1906 4 years ago

David, Keith and the layout Eric put together is why i'm patiently waiting for a POTCCE and "the parts to arrive", despite the QC issues.

AlienLE is in a league of its own because of David and that team.

So yeah, he's a HUGE loss. And his contract is guaranteed for 3 yrs

Why didn't JJP lock him up?

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just wish it had more songs, unique ones NOT from the movie to mix things up. I feel like I've already heard that golden ticket song more than I ever want to hear in my life, and I've only watched a few Wonka streams.
Get David Thiel in there to produce some more theme-appropriate but unique songs!

And ones that aren't so upfront and suffocating.

The balance of this game compared to POTC aurally is astounding. I watched about twenty minutes of the stream again last night, and there often seem to be 4-5 sounds or pieces of music overlaying one another all at once. It's waaaaaay too much stimulation.

Here I figured the hyper candy colored visuals would be offputting most of all, but this sound mix is way too intense for anywhere outside of an arcade. This is an aspect I don't enjoy in the Munsters, Maiden, Beatles, and somewhat BK3

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

David, Keith and the layout Eric put together is why i'm patiently waiting for a POTCCE and "the parts to arrive", despite the QC issues.

You'll be glad you did, it really is an amazing game. Are CEs still available to be had? I still have CE envy...

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You'll be glad you did, it really is an amazing game. Are CEs still available to be had? I still have CE envy...

There are CE orders yet to be fulfilled, mine is one of them. Fully paid. I'm sure they are focused on getting Wonka out the door and working POTCCE run into the mix sooner than later

#1910 4 years ago

Regarding QC issues, have owners of JJP’s first four offerings experienced less problems by waiting for things to be worked out? Thought I heard Jack say he would pick last game off line. Is it random luck or patience has paid off bc cliffys/washers/mylar etc were added later in production?

#1911 4 years ago

I played Wonka for the first time today for about a half hour or so. Based on what I had seen in the online streams I didn’t think the game would be a reasonable fit for me. I can probably only make room for two games in the next couple years and figured they would be from the list of Toy Story, Munsters or Elvira. Stern screwed the pooch with Munsters code so that’s probably out. Too bad because I like the theme almost as much as Toy Story.

I’ve added Wonka to the list if the code ends up being decent because I had a blast shooting it and Wonka is a likable enough theme even if it isn’t one I’d initially pick. It’s now pretty obvious to me I can’t tell enough from watch a stream of game play. The room was a little dark so I couldn’t fully appreciate the look of the game but I saw enough to like what I saw. I don’t really know the rules yet so I was mostly just shooting shots. I always enjoy ramp combos and tried to do as many of those as I could. Don’t think there were any special points for them but the ramps are smooth and fun. Others have pointed out the highlights of Pat’s shot design and I love the variety, especially the east/west shots. The Gobstopper mech/shot may not be as revolutionary as K led us to believe but I found it interesting and satisfying.

Some of the graphics seemed cluttered/muddy? and I understand why people say the game sounds like a slot machine. Sounds were too repetitive and somewhat annoying (don’t know what level of code was on the game) but the game is definitely on my radar now if things get fleshed out and improved as JJP has done with past code. And I agree there needs to be more iconic clips with sound. While I could see a mode for each kid, not sure that’s a make/break thing. I know we’ll never get Candyman in the game, but that would have been awesome. But it was fun trying to get the whole Oompa Loompa lie out of the pop bumpers - that is a very clever use of that iconic bit.

I made the Wonkavator shot once (and saw someone else do it). Not sure what I did, but the mech is cool so that’s enough for me to go LE over standard. And it looks like the Mod Couple Wonka factory mod will be an absolute necessity as the Atomic Pile mod is for Batman 66. I know I was playing a prototype game so maybe JJP won’t ship the game with what someone called the Land O Lakes butter box but it’s horrible and really distracts from the look of the game.

I believe Pat’s layout and the shots will make up for a lot. It’s rare that I like the shots and layout on a game to the point where I’m willing to overlook some other items usually key for me. If you have discounted Wonka because of what you have seen online hold off deciding until you play it. I’m not sure it will end up in my game room but I’ll give it a very long look after the code matures (though probably not until after we what Toy Story is (or if it is) next year).

At this point in my collection I only want games I’m confident I will enjoy long term since I have to move out a favorite for any new game so I’m probably not a day one buyer anymore but I see Wonka as a game that could eventually meet that criteria. For those for whom Wonka is a dream theme, I’m guessing you won’t be disappointed.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I played Wonka for the first time today for about a half hour or so. Based on what I had seen in the online streams I didn’t think the game would be a reasonable fit for me. I can probably only make room for two games in the next couple years and figured they would be from the list of Toy Story, Munsters or Elvira. Stern screwed the pooch with Munsters code so that’s probably out. Too bad because I like the theme almost as much as Toy Story.
I’ve added Wonka to the list if the code ends up being decent because I had a blast shooting it and Wonka is a likable enough theme even if it isn’t one I’d initially pick. It’s now pretty obvious to me I can’t tell enough from watch a stream of game play. The room was a little dark so I couldn’t fully appreciate the look of the game but I saw enough to like what I saw. I don’t really know the rules yet so I was mostly just shooting shots. I always enjoy ramp combos and tried to do as many of those as I could. Don’t think there were any special points for them but the ramps are smooth and fun. Others have pointed out the highlights of Pat’s shot design and I love the variety, especially the east/west shots. The Gobstopper mech/shot may not be as revolutionary as K led us to believe but I found it interesting and satisfying.
Some of the graphics seemed cluttered/muddy? and I understand why people say the game sounds like a slot machine. Sounds were too repetitive and somewhat annoying (don’t know what level of code was on the game) but the game is definitely on my radar now if things get fleshed out and improved as JJP has done with past code. And I agree there needs to be more iconic clips with sound. While I could see a mode for each kid, not sure that’s a make/break thing. I know we’ll never get Candyman in the game, but that would have been awesome. But it was fun trying to get the whole Oompa Loompa lie out of the pop bumpers - that is a very clever use of that iconic bit.
I made the Wonkavator shot once (and saw someone else do it). Not sure what I did, but the mech is cool so that’s enough for me to go LE over standard. And it looks like the Mod Couple Wonka factory mod will be an absolute necessity as the Atomic Pile mod is for Batman 66. I know I was playing a prototype game so maybe JJP won’t ship the game with what someone called the Land O Lakes butter box but it’s horrible and really distracts from the look of the game.
I believe Pat’s layout and the shots will make up for a lot. It’s rare that I like the shots and layout on a game to the point where I’m willing to overlook some other items usually key for me. If you have discounted Wonka because of what you have seen online hold off deciding until you play it. I’m not sure it will end up in my game room but I’ll give it a very long look after the code matures (though probably not until after we what Toy Story is (or if it is) next year).
At this point in my collection I only want games I’m confident I will enjoy long term since I have to move out a favorite for any new game so I’m probably not a day one buyer anymore but I see Wonka as a game that could eventually meet that criteria. For those for whom Wonka is a dream theme, I’m guessing you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for the positivity this place can use a little!

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So true! It seems this thread has lately been filling up with folks who dislike the game for one reason or another. That is cool, no game is liked by everyone.

There are also a lot of us that do like the game and are just waiting for more from JJP to have something to post about.

#1914 4 years ago

Well, I’m not sure my review was glowing. There is clearly a lot of room for improvement. I would not buy it as is. I’m at the point where I’m not buying any new game until I’m happy with whatever the current code level is.

My main point was that the game was just plain fun to shoot and much more so actually doing it rather than trying to decide that by watching someone else do it on a video. Going from “not interested enough to buy” to “can eventually see it in my game room” is a big move for me and that’s pretty much because of Pat’s design.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from txstargazer3:

So true! It seems this thread has lately been filling up with folks who dislike the game for one reason or another. That is cool, no game is liked by everyone.
There are also a lot of us that do like the game and are just waiting for more from JJP to have something to post about.

I entirely agree about seeing the value for what exists. My friend and I travelled to see this unveil, for 8 hours each way, and it was an amazing experience to witness, and to be able to meet someone as legendary a talent as Pat!

That doesn't mean that issues can't exist. And I'd love to be blown away, hands down buy day one, this game, but there are currently issues I have with it, mode and sound wise. That doesn't mean I'm not positive or upbeat about it's inevitable arrival, just that for my home ownership to exist, this needs to be a product that's extremely phenomenal.

20190412_193947 (resized).jpg20190412_193947 (resized).jpg
#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Not sure if it is dislike in isolation. All pinball is great - is why we are all on this forum. Of course some will not like certain games. However the buy decision has gotten much more difficult for many of us due to variety (good thing) and space and price (barriers). I can't thrash out this stuff with my family - they would try to have me committed if they knew how much these things really cost. So I like to thrash out/hear others thrash out on here. For me it is getting a lot tougher to rationalize a purchase at these prices if I am irked by the call outs or music for example - but l applaud and appreciate all the manufactures putting out all these new games and I wish I/others had tons of $ and unlimited space to buy a ton of games to support them. There was nothing better than going to the VFW and having so many games I liked to play and just be able to walk up and play them. Would love that in my crib.

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I entirely agree about seeing the value for what exists. My friend and I travelled to see this unveil, for 8 hours each way, and it was an amazing experience to witness, and to be able to meet someone as legendary a talent as Pat!
That doesn't mean that issues can't exist. And I'd love to be blown away, hands down buy day one, this game, but there are currently issues I have with it, mode and sound wise. That doesn't mean I'm not positive or upbeat about it's inevitable arrival, just that for my home ownership to exist, this needs to be a product that's extremely phenomenal.[quoted image]

Hey that's me on the left in the yellow shirt! I took a photo with Pat very shortly before yours. He was extremely generous with his time and opinions.

I have no doubt that JJP will get this code polished. This game is a great shooter.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad you were able to do that !

LTG : )

#1919 4 years ago

I have very high hopes for this pin. I like what I have seen so far and with improvements I am confident JJP will make this pin fantastic!

#1920 4 years ago

Anyone else find the sounds of the “Oompa Loompa” pops rather grating?

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I actually like that - cool touch.

The narrator though. Wholly shit what were they thinking

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What about....Wholey's?

Yeah, I get that's maybe the most sensible choice for a soundalike, but it sounds more like bedtime narration is going to occur, more so than pinball excitement!

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What about....Wholey's?
Yeah, I get that's maybe the most sensible choice for a soundalike, but it sounds more like bedtime narration is going to occur, more so than pinball excitement!

Haha that's what happens when you post using your cell in a hot tub! I just can't believe it's that bad. I just recently heard the jackpot call out. You have to be kidding me jjp

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My wife and I watched the stream. The oompa pops never turn “off” so you get it in the middle of odd places, and to me it’s really jarring. The oompa song is catchy because of the rhythm. There is no rhythm for the pops sound.

And yea the call outs are awful, I do not like it one bit. We couldn’t hear any of this at MGC since it’s loud you don’t really hear the machines much. So this is the first time we REALLY heard it.

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha that's what happens when you post using your cell in a hot tub! I just can't believe it's that bad. I just recently heard the jackpot call out. You have to be kidding me jjp

Figured I'd throw a lil' Pittsburgh reference your way.

Grandpa Joe sounds like he's already sawing logs in that awkward fourway bed of his!

Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife and I watched the stream. The oompa pops never turn “off” so you get it in the middle of odd places, and to me it’s really jarring. The oompa song is catchy because of the rhythm. There is no rhythm for the pops sound.
And yea the call outs are awful, I do not like it one bit. We couldn’t hear any of this at MGC since it’s loud you don’t really hear the machines much. So this is the first time we REALLY heard it.

The entire soundscape seems jarring and confusing. Nothing blends well. Musical pieces pickup and drop mid crescendo, followed by an altogether disjointed music selection. And they're all a similar vibe and attitude.

I'd say the one way I feel confident, is JJP does an amazing job presenting solid code at release, and continuing with code development years down the road. WOZ just went up to 7, and the Hobbit is over 3.0.

I guess I'm most afraid of this new sound designer's work, never having worked in pinball, and replacing David Thiel, of all people....

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m surprised they chose the pops for them, they were a highlight of the film for me. Just doesn’t seem right to have small chunks of it.

Also, I’m currently in Vegas and they have a ton of Wonka slots that seem to do a better job of using the movie clips compared to the pinball machine. Kind of disappointing IMO. Hope the code gets better.

#1927 4 years ago

I need to watch the latest stream. It has been a few weeks since I have watch one. Can someone share what they believe is the best stream to date?

Thx
-Frank

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I need to watch the latest stream. It has been a few weeks since I have watch one. Can someone share what they believe is the best stream to date?
Thx
-Frank

IE pinball Twitch or You Tube

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thx
-Frank

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/425409636

This is the latest Twitch one.

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IE pinball Twitch or You Tube

Here is the youtube link if you want to see it yea.

They have a great setup, love that they had both screens.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’m surprised they chose the pops for them, they were a highlight of the film for me. Just doesn’t seem right to have small chunks of it.

This, when i heard Wonka was next I kinda envisioned this song coming up when you drain the ball, game over or time out on a mode or something, lol.

#1932 4 years ago

i saw a stream last week, and was very happy to hear that the audio sounds A LOT LESS like a SLOT MACHINE than it did during the reveal last month.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are CE orders yet to be fulfilled, mine is one of them. Fully paid. I'm sure they are focused on getting Wonka out the door and working POTCCE run into the mix sooner than later

Doug - You may want to double check that - all CEs are made a long time ago and no more will be made by JJP. Maybe you bought an LE ? Or maybe you bought a CE that was already made, but no more CEs are being made at JJP just so no-one else gets the wrong impression.
Joe

#1934 4 years ago

Got my Tom Whalen print back from framers.
Purple mat, double framed with orange aluminum inner frame
Eager to hang next to Wonka!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/14#post-4933943

IMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPG
#1935 4 years ago

I just ordered a Willy Wonka CE... any guess on delivery date? Thanks!

Added over 5 years ago:

JJP said my Willy Wonka CE "will ship around the Fall".

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Doug - You may want to double check that - all CEs are made a long time ago and no more will be made by JJP. Maybe you bought an LE ? Or maybe you bought a CE that was already made, but no more CEs are being made at JJP just so no-one else gets the wrong impression.
Joe

Yeah I’m good with that Joe. I canceled on the POTCCE a while back to roll to WonkaCE and thought I could go back. But that ain’t available now so...

So it’s onward and upward. My bad

I’m good with Wonka. Great theme and I hope they bring it home

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from kwh0202:

I just ordered a Willy Wonka CE... any guess on delivery date? Thanks!

Last I heard was that they will be producing some SE and LE versions and then all of the CE versions. I'm thinking I'll get my CE by the end of July, but that's just a guess.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Last I heard was that they will be producing some SE and LE versions and then all of the CE versions. I'm thinking I'll get my CE by the end of July, but that's just a guess.

I bet we won't even see SEs by July.

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I bet we won't even see SEs by July.

First batch of se sld be shipping in the next few weeks from what i have gathered...will c what happens i guess

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Number 25 is available

#1941 4 years ago

I will be getting a CE though at some point

#1942 4 years ago

Still just waiting to SEE the CE

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Still just waiting to SEE the CE

Once you SEEN the CE, it cannot be UNCEED, don’t you SEE?

#1944 4 years ago

I really liked to shoot this game, as it flows great. I'd put it as the best JJP playfield design to date, so hats off to Lawlor for a job well done.

Being at a show I can't comment on sound, and not as much about rules, but what was there seemed fairly solid.

#1945 4 years ago

Posting live from the NW Pinball & Arcade Show in Tacoma, WA. The organizers deserve kudos for a fantastic job! Pardon my post if there are any errors or poor grammar, typing from my phone.

I will say that I am enjoying my hand’s on time playing Willy Wonka. My feedback and Pix attached.

Out of all the games at NWPF, the WWs had the longest and most consistent queue of lines the entire day. People kept coming back to play more.

They had 3 machines (advertised as 1x “CE” and 2x LE). If you look at the pix it’s confusing. You could tell that they are probably the travelling LE prototypes sent out to be shown at the pin festivals. All the machines had the CE side art on the cabinets and CE back glass. One had the red coating which when seen live (in my opinion) is far better looking than the the other two which had blue coating. They all had the Wonkavators. One of the Blue LEs was missing the Ompa Loomp on the TV camera and the Wonkavision was dead. Otherwise, they were all basically the same game = LE.

To me, the cabinets, screens, machines’ lights and visuals really pop! Terrific quality and beautiful playfields. Design is tight. I liked the bumpers use of sounds with the Ompa Loompa song. Note: if you are expecting the level of integration of tech/toys like POTC/DI/WOZ, you will be disappointed. It may feel like a step down but it’s really not too much.

First time I got to play, I was excited and giddy. Game play eventually turned out to be a good time and addictive in the long run. The hurdle people are going to have to overcome is that initially it feels kludgy on what your objectives are (again I didn’t read the objectives/wizard mapping chart). It wasn’t just me, people didn’t really know what to do. Consensus was to just keep shooting at Ramps, Secret Machine and Wonkavision until something happens and you figure it out. I know the goal is to collect “kids”and to gather golden tickets for multiballs but there is no real sense of order/mission in the game progression.

The game does play fast until you figure it out. Saw lots of drains. The first couple of games were really rough not knowing what to achieve or where to shoot but once you catch on, the game flow is smooth and fun. I did eventually achieve several multiball’s and even achieved a Wonkavator multiball. That was a blast!

I spoke with a few individuals while in line about what they thought: Tough but fun, low scoring, had Bally-Williams feel, Lawlor written all over it, pretty, really grows on you...lots of smiles, excitement and high energy. The theme is a winner!

Here’s what I can note about what I observed with the game code. The vid clips and sound bites are still mostly not synchronized. Some vids are full screen with integrated sound while others are on the film projector pull down screen with no audio or have the voice over actor. IP doesn’t seem to be used to the fullest. Seems like the code hasn’t changed since the last streaming event. Sound was near impossible to hear in the convention center but from what I did hear, no significant changes.

The main screen is large and gorgeous but the info/stats/objectives are difficult to really absorb and provide a lot of value while playing. I felt the counters for the Wonka bars, ramp letters, mode, etc... seems very small and should be larger/more prominent.

I am glad I found the opportunity to play WW. I was starting to have doubts.

Is it perfect? No. Does it have some work still? Yes. Is it at the POTC level? No. Is it fun? Absolutely! Am I still in on a CE? 100%! That is due to my personal love of the theme and I enjoyed playing it. Not everyone is going to feel the same way.

In the end for a majority of people, it’s probably going to come down to final code and final cabinet changes upon official release for people to make up their minds. Playing the SEs on location will also help people finalize their buy/no-buy decision.

Feel free to message me for the next few hours if you have any questions or want me to comment on anything specific. I’ll be here most of the evening in line for WW!

Cheers!
453DC603-B6A3-4DE2-8F5D-F2FB6CFB57FF.jpeg453DC603-B6A3-4DE2-8F5D-F2FB6CFB57FF.jpeg5848B493-01E6-4A72-9608-9536F8469687.jpeg5848B493-01E6-4A72-9608-9536F8469687.jpegAC3B9FA2-E581-41B9-ABA3-A8AFFBF65FF3.jpegAC3B9FA2-E581-41B9-ABA3-A8AFFBF65FF3.jpegB94D443C-6BE5-4544-86A2-4C5624CF5890.jpegB94D443C-6BE5-4544-86A2-4C5624CF5890.jpegDB450833-B3F9-437B-B196-72D9D8531545.jpegDB450833-B3F9-437B-B196-72D9D8531545.jpeg
5F74551B-F3BF-4444-B779-344E64D6D470.jpeg5F74551B-F3BF-4444-B779-344E64D6D470.jpeg

#1946 4 years ago

When is the game shipping? "Announce, produce and ship" within 60 days?

Same old story? I've got a CE paid for and it seems like same old BS.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They have about 10 days left to start shipping within originally promised deadline.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Posting live from the NW Pinball Festival in Tacoma, WA. The organizers deserve kudos for a fantastic job! Pardon my post if there are any errors or poor grammar, typing from my phone.
I will say that I am enjoying my hand’s on time playing Willy Wonka. My feedback and Pix attached.
Out of all the games at NWPF, the WWs had the longest and most consistent queue of lines the entire day. People kept coming back to play more.
They had 3 machines (1x “CE” and 2x LE). If you look at the pix it’s confusing. You could tell that they are probably the travelling LE prototypes sent out to be shown at the pin festivals. All the machines had the CE side art on the cabinets and CE back glass. One had the red coating which when seen live (in my opinion) is far better looking than the the other two which had blue coating. They all had the Wonkavators. One of the Blue LEs was missing the Ompa Loomp on the TV camera and the Wonkavision was dead. Otherwise, they were all basically the same game.
To me, the cabinets, screens, machines’ lights and visuals really pop! Terrific quality and beautiful playfields. Design is tight. I liked the bumpers use of sounds with the Ompa Loompa song. Note: if you are expecting the level of integration of tech/toys like POTC/DI/WOZ, you will be disappointed. It may feel like a step down but it’s really not too much.
First time I got to play, I was excited and giddy. Game play eventually turned out to be a good time and addictive in the long run. The hurdle people are going to have to overcome is that initially it feels kludgy on what your objectives are (again I didn’t read the objectives/wizard mapping chart). It wasn’t just me, people didn’t really know what to do. Consensus was to just keep shooting at Ramps, Secret Machine and Wonkavision until something happens and you figure it out. I know the goal is to collect “kids”and to gather golden tickets for multiballs but there is no real sense of order/mission in the game progression.
The game does play fast until you figure it out. Saw lots of drains. The first couple of games were really rough not knowing what to achieve or where to shoot but once you catch on, the game flow is smooth and fun. I did eventually achieve several multiball’s and even achieved a Wonkavator multiball. That was a blast!
I spoke with a few individuals while in line about what they thought: Tough but fun, low scoring, had Bally-Williams feel, Lawlor written all over it, pretty, really grows on you...lots of smiles, excitement and high energy. The theme is a winner!
Here’s what I can note about what I observed with the game code. The vid clips and sound bites are still mostly not synchronized. Some vids are full screen with integrated sound while others are on the film projector pull down screen with no audio or have the voice over actor. IP doesn’t seem to be used to the fullest. Seems like the code hasn’t changed since the last streaming event. Sound was near impossible to hear in the convention center but from what I did hear, no significant changes.
The main screen is large and gorgeous but the info/stats/objectives are difficult to really absorb and provide a lot of value while playing. I felt the counters for the Wonka bars, ramp letters, mode, etc... seems very small and should be larger/more prominent.
I am glad I found the opportunity to play WW. I was starting to have doubts.
Is it perfect? No. Does it have some work still? Yes. Is it at the POTC level? No. Is it fun? Absolutely! Am I still in on a CE? 100%! That is due to my personal love of the theme and I enjoyed playing it. Not everyone is going to feel the same way.
In the end for a majority of people, it’s probably going to come down to final code and final cabinet changes upon official release for people to make up their minds. Playing the SEs on location will also help people finalize their buy/no-buy decision.
Feel free to message me for the next few hours if you have any questions or want me to comment on anything specific. I’ll be here most of the evening in line for WW!
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

For clarity that is not the CE. It an LE with a CE backglass and that is also not the final red for the rails. Those were used as placeholders per the designer. All Playfields are also LE. Just clarifying should any CE buyer think that’s it.

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have about 10 days left to start shipping within originally promised deadline.

Tick tock. Hype is dying a slow death.

They haven't even shown the CE artwork yet.

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice you seem to have the same frustrations recurring on a very regular basis. Maybe its you? Enjoy what you have and have a drink ...cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/39?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.