824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.
#1851 4 years ago

Out...Another CE for someone...The POTC thread is the hardest read in memory for me...

Left Mike a VM...Hope it is a great game for those that are in....Done w JJP nib for the foreseeable future...

#1852 4 years ago

YouTube took forever to process this! Finally ready in 4k...

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Out...Another CE for someone...The POTC thread is the hardest read in memory for me...
Left Mike a VM...Hope it is a great game for those that are in....Done w nib for the foreseeable future...

Confused. So you dumped your POTC CE or Wonka?

Quoted from iepinball:

YouTube took forever to process this! Finally ready in 4k...

Excellent! Was watching some of this last night on Twitch, much easier here though. Fantastic setup and stream, keep up the good work!

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Left Mike a VM...Hope it is a great game for those that are in....Done w nib for the foreseeable future...

I just got my nib potc le a week ago and I’ve had no issues at all, not a single one. Not all games are problematic, seems like a hasty decision to give up on wonka because potc has issues.if you dont like wonka game play, that’s different, but I don’t understand the link to potc.

#1855 4 years ago

Got to play Wonka yesterday quite a number of times. At first I was underwhelmed but the more I played the more I liked it. Not sure I liked it as much as pirates sitting next to it, but ideally one would own both.

I don’t want to mis speak but from what I heard (from an extremely good source) While wonka will obviously get a lot more code and rules, it will not be getting a much more media assets incorporated into the game.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Confused. So you dumped your POTC CE or Wonka?

both

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just got my nib potc le a week ago and I’ve had no issues at all, not a single one. Not all games are problematic, seems like a hasty decision to give up on wonka because potc has issues.if you dont like wonka game play, that’s different, but I don’t understand the link to potc.

Really, really hope yours stays good, and the QC, delivery schedule of these start to exceed expectations...nothing hasty in my decision. Look forward to playing a Wonka on location at some point, but that's about it for now....

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

My one gripe is that the game at the show is set on 2 balls per player and no ball save (not even a few seconds). So I feel like the majority of people playing we're leaving the game frustrated with how short their time was on it.

This is my figurative .02 not a shot-map comparison:

I got in 2-3 games at GSPF, and the ball times were very short, so I didn't change my already good opinion of this layout from watching a few hours of the streams, but if I had to describe it to someone that has played a lot of pinball, I would say: Imagine the feel of Whirlwind but take out all the drop targets. So the "feel" of it for me (a 1980's drop target player) is "barren". I'm sure if I were playing pinball in 1992, I would have said the same thing about Funhouse -- a layout I'm not a big fan of. Great theme, but where are my drops? Funhouse feels empty and barren to me, even though it has some fun combos and great programming. Feel...

So to me, taking out drops and spinning discs to play Funhouse or Wonka is a small step down in feel from a peak design for Pat. Enjoy your combos! But I'm more of a drop target horizontal bounce player...

Note: the pops held up my ball on several occasions, and I've just never been a fan of Pat's pop designs that hold up the ball (see Whirlwind) where the ball fails 3 out of 4 of the reasons to have pops (scoring targets, draining balls, randomizing movement) -- he uses them strictly for modes, so if you are not in the mode, they are a time suck my book.

-mof

#1859 4 years ago

You lost me at "Funhouse -- a layout I'm not a big fan of." Your opinion is now obsolete.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care for the sound package. It's too whizzy chirp chirp bleep bloop bright and dingy for me.

Regarding sounds (versus music or movie clips) -- I couldn't hear the game, so I can't comment further on that.

I walked up to Jack personally at the pinball show 2 years ago, and said the Hobbit doesn't sound like pinball to me (WOZ does!), it sounds like a cat dry-humping a DVR remote which is playing movie clips randomly. I don't know whether he appreciated what I was trying to communicate.

Every shot (or location) should have a unique sound based off every switch (see Whirlwind or Funhouse)... I can close my eyes and tell you where the ball is in those games, based off sounds. To me modern pinballs OFTEN fail with sound, and it's my #2 reason to own a game after layout/physics. I want to control the sounds like a musician plays a keyboard. Everyone has their pecking order of what matters. I'm physics then player-controlled-sounds...

The good news is sounds can be fixed in code -- but I'm not sure if any manufacturer has ever done that before -- so it might not be where they want to put their resources.

I'll go listen to an hour of a stream and try to listen for whether you can begin to imagine where the ball is based on sounds.
-mof

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

seems like a hasty decision to give up on wonka because potc has issues.if you dont like wonka game play, that’s different, but I don’t understand the link to potc.

I normally agree with both your and MKs posts....but I am with MK on this....it is not hasty...it is prudent. These prices at least for LE are $10k ish....that is crazy coin so I get him/others wanting to back off. I like Wonka and POTC but for those prices...not feeling the buys either.

"To whom much is given.....much is expected"

This is one of my favorite sayings...and if JPP wants to lead the way in the coins they collect for these games, they need to lead in quality, toys and code.

#1862 4 years ago

At GSPF -- Oktoberfest and Wonka were side by side, and I found "exploring the shot map" more intriguing on OF. It has more to do on it. Does that make it better overall for my tastes? I have absolutely no idea, and I don't wanna argue it either way. Just reporting first impressions based on a side-by-side look. I was more compelled to play the silly beer game and see if I could make all the crazy shots on that thing, and it certainly had longer ball times to buy time to explore...

Definitely look forward to playing much more of both -- however, I'm a little bummed that it might take a while to see either one again out in SF.

-mof

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I normally agree with both your and MKs posts....but I am with MK on this....it is not hasty...it is prudent. These prices at least for LE are $10k ish....that is crazy coin so I get him/others wanting to back off. I like Wonka and POTC but for those prices...not feeling the buys either.
This is one of my favorite sayings...and if JPP wants to lead the way in the coins they collect for these games, they need to lead in quality, toys and code.

Fair enough, but I never thought I’d like potc as much as I do. It has me questioning why I own some of my other games, it’s that good to me. Even if I have issues down the road, I’ll address them and keep on playing. My view is likely different from others as I love the hobbit and DI too, not a fan of woz. I think I’ll like wonka a lot, but I am concerned about the high cost of these games.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Fair enough, but I never thought I’d like potc as much as I do. It has me questioning why I own some of my other games, it’s that good to me. Even if I have issues down the road, I’ll address them and keep on playing. My view is likely different from others as I love the hobbit and DI too, not a fan of woz. I think I’ll like wonka a lot, but I am concerned about the high cost of these games.

Not intending to derail a hype thread...simply stating that I was "in" on both, and am now out. I'll leave it at that.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

But....Joe Balcer isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

And he insisted on the heavy metal music in Oktoberfest, the only thing I really dislike about that game. Furthermore Balcer tends to not stick to his proven paths and experiments. They (AP) do have two fairly new programmers over there which enjoy a lot of freedom and are very open to this community.

By the way that is also true for Keefer and Joe at JJP but somehow it feels more restricted at JJP with this title. As I said we will see in the future if that is true or not. I sure hope I am wrong

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

At GSPF -- Oktoberfest and Wonka were side by side, and I found "exploring the shot map" more intriguing on OF. It has more to do on it. Does that make it better overall for my tastes? I have absolutely no idea, and I don't wanna argue it either way. Just reporting first impressions based on a side-by-side look. I was more compelled to play the silly beer game and see if I could make all the crazy shots on that thing, and it certainly had longer ball times to buy time to explore...
-mof

Nailed it .

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I don’t want to mis speak but from what I heard (from an extremely good source) While wonka will obviously get a lot more code and rules, it will not be getting a much more media assets incorporated into the game.

This is a deal breaker for many. No real assets again will really hurt sales. Just collecting wonka bars as one of the main task is going to become over the long haul, a real chore in a home environment. Like chopping wood. Sure don’t like hearing this to be the case.

#1868 4 years ago

This is a deal breaker for many. No real assets again will really hurt sales. Just collecting wonka bars as one of the main task is going to become over the long haul, a real chore in a home environment. Like chopping wood. Sure don’t like hearing this to be the

Damn I guess this means your out
on the collectors edition?

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is a deal breaker for many. No real assets again will really hurt sales. Just collecting wonka bars as one of the main task is going to become over the long haul, a real chore in a home environment. Like chopping wood. Sure don’t like hearing this to be the case.

If that's true I'm definitely out. Disappointed the more I see of this game

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This post is right in the money (pun intended, lol). Exactly how I’ve felt and what I’ve been saying all along.

#1871 4 years ago

Looooool, thanks for that, good humor. Meaning toward Romulusx comment above.

#1872 4 years ago

JJP needs to stop streaming the game until the code is done. The streams are making me have second thoughts lol.

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

We'll be streaming Willy Wonka this evening at 6pm PDT from AYCE Gogi for anyone that wants to watch!
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
[quoted image]

Glad to see another great pin stream from you. Hope to see many more.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This^^^^100%

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I'm the opposite. I'm already tired of the asset clips used as is, and if more were added, over time I'd be equally as fatigued. One can only see video clips so many times before they burn into your retinas. Seeing Bilbo run down those stairs, time and time again for multi-ball, sans even owning it, but wanting to, makes me batty.

This is kind of where I miss well done, and brief, DMD animations.

Though I'll say the multi-ball animations in JJPOTC, fill in that same exact perfect snippet for me.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm the opposite. I'm already tired of the asset clips used as is, and if more were added, over time I'd be equally as fatigued. One can only see video clips so many times before they burn into your retinas. Seeing Bilbo run down those stairs, time and time again for multi-ball, sans even owning it, but wanting to, makes me batty.
This is kind of where I miss well done, and brief, DMD animations.
Though I'll say the multi-ball animations in JJPOTC, fill in that same exact perfect snippet for me.

Thinking you might be in the minority on this title (agree with your assessment of Hobbit). WW film clips are just too fun and never seem to tire watching such a well acted and written script.

Who gets tired of WW iconic scenes? Especially when you’ve reached different points in the game. Who doesn’t want to be rewarded with such movie integrations upon achieving different movie/game goals? You’ll surely be thinking them in your mind, even if not present. How much more authentic to actually have them play out on screen? How many times does one hear the candyman song or other music and still enjoy hearing it again? It’s part of the movie assets. Just like any themed games music and scenes. If they are not there, will be hugely disappointing.

#1877 4 years ago

Jack has sold a ton of Wonka's already.

JJP needs to do a MUCH better job of assembling these games and "quality control".

Keeping my CE will depend on how game develops or not AND whether or not they get the above right.

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thinking you might be in the minority on this title (agree with your assessment of Hobbit). WW film clips are just too fun and never seem to tire watching such a well acted and written script.
Who gets tired of WW iconic scenes? Especially when you’ve reached different points in the game. Who doesn’t want to be rewarded with such movie integrations upon achieving different movie/game goals? You’ll surely be thinking them in your mind, even if not present. How much more authentic to actually have them play out on screen? How many times does one hear the candyman song or other music and still enjoy hearing it again? It’s part of the movie assets. Just like any themed games music and scenes. If they are not there, will be hugely disappointing.

Oh I'm sure I am as well. I like a good mix of sound design/music and effects, complimented with dashes of animation. This is why I enjoy JJPOTC the way I do. I was watching IE Pinball's awesome stream last night, and I'm fine never seeing Gene have that hand against head smirk/smile, or the Gobstopper footage ever again. After three or four times, it ruins the imagery for me. Hence why I enjoy POTC so much. Just neat little vignette images sans actors and repetitious dialogue.

I also feel that boat song feels really intensely out of place, not so in the movie, but when there are so many layers of sound going on. I feel like the entire game has a schizophrenic sound package so far. It's too intense and jarring for me.

The two ramp shots look so amazing though....

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh I'm sure I am as well. I like a good mix of sound design/music and effects, complimented with dashes of animation. This is why I enjoy JJPOTC the way I do. I was watching IE Pinball's awesome stream last night, and I'm fine never seeing Gene have that hand against head smirk/smile, or the Gobstopper footage ever again. After three or four times, it ruins the imagery for me. Hence why I enjoy POTC so much. Just neat little vignette images sans actors and repetitious dialogue.
I also feel that boat song feels really intensely out of place, not so in the movie, but when there are so many layers of sound going on. I feel like the entire game has a schizophrenic sound package so far. It's too intense and jarring for me.
The two ramp shots look so amazing though....

Agreed on all of this. I’m concerned about the repetition on Wonka’s clips, music and modes.

I’m still in but I’m increasingly concerned that it’s going to disappoint compared to POTC.

#1880 4 years ago

Appreciated playing at GSPF.
Good Lawlor design, but a definite wait and see after it develops more at this point.

#1881 4 years ago

Different game but on the topic of media assets, I’m actually happy POTC doesn’t have that much from the movies (I really dislike the Pirates franchise and the drunken perfume salesman in the lead) I think of it as just a great somewhat generic pirates game and I’d be happy to own one.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed on all of this. I’m concerned about the repetition on Wonka’s clips, music and modes.
I’m still in but I’m increasingly concerned that it’s going to disappoint compared to POTC.

I think this will be an amazing location game. I just don't know about home ownership at this point.....

Which is fine, as I have some older JJP games on my mind, and this code will develop more over time while I pursue/save for those.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Left Mike a VM...Hope it is a great game for those that are in....Done w JJP nib for the foreseeable future...

Such a gross overreaction it's almost comical to actually read... POTC is amazing despite the out of box tweaks that we've had to make thus far (we have a POTC CE) and it didn't even remotely factor into our Wonka CE pre-order decision...

To each their own sure but sometimes the hysteria is amusing...

Jeff

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Who gets tired of WW iconic scenes?

Me. Any game that just plays a bunch of movie clips gets old pretty quickly. It was something we very specifically avoided on Alien, and while I'm obviously biased, I wish more games would follow the kind of work Kelly did. You never have to sit there watching a long clip, it's all snappy and fast, edited super hard. Hobbit has way too many long clips for my taste, definitely get old to me. Guardians of the Galaxy is even worse, long clips but without the right sound, what a mess.

If you love a movie then watch the movie. If you get a game that plays a ton of scenes from it constantly you're just risking no longer loving the movie, as you get sick of them.

I'm with the people who think POTC is a better game for not being able to use the actors, it saved the media package from feeling dreadfully repetitive fast. It might make it more 'generic pirate theme' in some ways, but imo that's not a bad thing. They did a good job with it. DI and then POTC means there were back to back packages with a lot of creativity from JJP.

Quoted from jeffro01:

Such a gross overreaction it's almost comical to actually read... POTC is amazing despite the out of box tweaks that we've had to make thus far (we have a POTC CE) and it didn't even remotely factor into our Wonka CE pre-order decision...

People's playfields are literally chipping apart, nobody is overreacting, they're rightly concerned. For the kind of money these games cost it's not acceptable to have them look like shit after barely being played. This isn't about tweaking mechs, it's about fundamental quality control with lasting repercussions. JJP would be fools to ignore it.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

To each their own sure but sometimes the hysteria is amusing...
Jeff

couldn't disagree with this post more...tweaks? ...you can't be serious....ruined pf's w washers as a "fix" for 10k?

(I'm out of the game now, so no more comments from me....apologies...just really pisses me off)

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

couldn't disagree with this post more...tweaks? ...you can't be serious....ruined pf's w washers as a "fix" for 10k?

LOL... My PF is fine, I don't have any of those issues. The only things I've had to do is tighten the forks on the chest mechanism and slightly adjust the pirate ship rotation. Get over yourself... No game is perfect.

Jeff

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People's playfields are literally chipping apart, nobody is overreacting, they're rightly concerned. For the kind of money these games cost it's not acceptable to have them look like shit after barely being played. This isn't about tweaking mechs, it's about fundamental quality control with lasting repercussions. JJP would be fools to ignore it.

I agree. My point here is not "everyone" is having this issue and to overreact when you don't even own the game just seems silly to me. If you are experiencing this issue personally then absolutely it should be something you should be upset about. To cancel your order(s) because you read a thread online has never made any sense to me personally...

Jeff

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I agree. My point here is not "everyone" is having this issue and to overreact when you don't even own the game just seems silly to me. If you are experiencing this issue personally then absolutely it should be something you should be upset about. To cancel your order(s) because you read a thread online has never made any sense to me personally...
Jeff

ok....truly last post in this one......I didn't just read about it...received 1 phonecall, and 3 pm's from pinbuds who were fuming over this, and I'm upset they are having to go through this (they own the game). Post your "rare" pf issues in that thread...it's growing daily.....defending poor QC has never made sense to me...done..

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ok....truly last post in this one......I didn't just read about it...received 1 phonecall, and 3 pm's from pinbuds who were fuming over this, and I'm upset they are having to go through this (they own the game). Post your "rare" pf issues in that thread...it's growing daily.....defending poor QC has never made sense to me...done..

Like I said before, to each their own... I just don't get it and you're free to disagree of course... I'd be pissed off as well but I'm not because this issue isn't affecting me, end of story. JJP POTC is an amazing game and it's unfortunate you won't even give it a chance. It's not that I personally care, I hold no ill will, I just wanted to point out that I disagree. That's all.

Jeff

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... My PF is fine, I don't have any of those issues. The only things I've had to do is tighten the forks on the chest mechanism and slightly adjust the pirate ship rotation. Get over yourself... No game is perfect.
Jeff

All I had to do was adjust a vuk power setting.

#1891 4 years ago

This game will end up with a great balance of clips, sounds and animations. JJP hasn’t dropped the ball once imho. Sure, hobbit’s pf design might not be your cup of tea, but overall, it’s still a cool game. Do they have production issues? Like all complex production companies, yes. Their customer service is second to none though. Go read the early DI threads. Same discussion. What’s your opinion of DI now that the code is pretty much done? Don’t listen to the couch critics!

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

JJP needs to stop streaming the game until the code is done. The streams are making me have second thoughts lol.

That's where Stern are miles ahead.

They sold 600 Munsters LE, and a ton of pro's and premiums BEFORE people realised the code wasn't that good.

JJP does it the other way round and they don't seem to be learning from the past.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That's where Stern are miles ahead.

They sold 600 Munsters LE, and a ton of pro's and premiums BEFORE people realised the code wasn't that good.

JJP does it the other way round and they don't seem to be learning from the past.

Are you implying that Stern is successful because it is tricking its customers ?

#1894 4 years ago

I love the passion in this thread! It's what makes pinball so exciting. The image below summarizes the emotions and feelings that this group has conveyed since WW was announced.

I've enjoyed the lively discussions on what the community wishes WW will be, speculation on code development status, where the code seems to be leaning/favoring (operators vs home collectors), feedback from those who have had limited hands on play time, thoughts from those who have not played but owned other JJP pins, the streamers, the letter "H"/artwork, theme passion, mechs/toys, quality control stories, vendor comparisons, marketing strategies, podcast episodes, mods, etc.. We just can't get enough!

I am wishing the best for JJP w/ WW. I've definitely weighed all the pros/cons conveyed so far but I'm still in. Based on all the veteran collectors' experiences, I agree you should definitely play a pin first before going all-in on NIB which I plan to attempt at PNW PB Festival.

As a buyer, I will always have the option to back out especially being further out in queue for a CE. It is my money to invest and at the end of the day I can only hold myself accountable for my final decision.

Looking forward to getting over that final peak on this roller coaster ride and arriving at the docking station. Until then, continue on with the informative and valued discussions.

To quote Wonka (for all the thread contributors):

"For the rowers keep on rowing
And they’re certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing"

updown.gifupdown.gif
#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Are you implying that Stern is successful because it is tricking its customers ?

No, because they don't promise anything.

They just know the 'new shiny, I must have it' window is very small and so they show, make and deliver in that window.

POTC seemed like an old game by the time it finally got produced.

#1896 4 years ago

Most of us want to believe and are 1/2 glass full types, most of the time anyhow, but I'm gonna try and follow my new Pinball mantra from law school way back when.

"DON'T FIGHT THE FACTS"

Joe Katz says the code has taken the direction it has for reasons such as location play and shorter ball times. Translation, less deep mode based code, video assets, etc.

Pat Lawlor apparently wanted to create the newest and greatest location game. Fine, but this is primarily a HUO company at that price point?

Quality control at JJP is terrible.

Production is still way too slow, "waiting on parts for my POTCCE"

Thus,

As a HUO pin buyer of EXPENSIVE GAMES, I'm looking for an immersive game, like BM66, TWD and Alien, that is deeply coded for such immersion and longevity.

I'm looking for solid quality with a game that doesn't require constant tweaking and 1,000+ page problem threads like POTC

And i'd like to pay for the game and then get it in a reasonable amount of time.

That's it, that's all, and if Wonka doesn't get there then i'll wait for the next one.

I'm hoping for the best for JJP and Wonka, a great theme for me BUT.........I'm not gonna buy the pin unless the FACTS change.

#1897 4 years ago

I'm fairly confident we will NOT ever get Candyman in this game. The rights to that song are owned by M&M Mars, and no way Jack's gonna pay up for it.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Joe Katz says the code has taken the direction it has for reasons such as location play and shorter ball times. Translation, less deep mode based code, video assets, etc.

Pat Lawlor apparently wanted to create the newest and greatest location game. Fine, but this is primarily a HUO company at that price point?

I would like to explore more regarding your points on don't fight the facts.

I think I've heard those comments stated too (in Pinside posts, streams or podcasts rumors) but to be fair could someone please provide actual videos (reference time start-point), blog postings, e-mails, etc... from JJP (Jack/Pat/Joe/employee xyz) making those public statements on code/direction?"

I don't want to speculate from podcast rumors or someone posting they heard at a Pinball festival. Not claiming what you comment on as false or that they are true but would like to read myself from a definitive company source. I may have just missed it or can't recall where JJP posted it. In the end, what you summarized may be all true but I still don't know for sure yet.

The other points you make I can concur with your sentiment because one can count based on the number of user QC postings available (POTC/WOZ/DI) and calculate avg production rate times based from data given on announcement dates/order availability to delivery dates that users are claiming.

I too want to be well informed so I can make the most optimal buying decision! In the end, we may not truly know what will actually be delivered until final product info is released by JJP.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I don't want to speculate from podcast rumors or someone posting they heard at a Pinball festival. Not claiming what you comment on as false or that they are true but would like to read myself from a definitive company source. I may have just missed it or can't recall where JJP posted it. In the end, what you summarized may be all true but I still don't know for sure yet.

I don't recall what JJP stream it was, maybe someone else can point to the specific moment. Jack, Pat and Joe have all said it via streams/interviews

You can clearly watch the current streams and see where the code is and the direction of it to support what they said. And the flowchart of the rules lay it all out as well.

With Keith games, like Lyman, you know what you are going to get. And what i expect for spending big money on these NIB games.

I like Joe Katz but the fact is i don't know what he can/will deliver at the end of the day.

A lot of people are gonna buy no matter what, that's great, but no more benefit of the doubt for me unless its Keith and/or Lyman. And JJP has to up the quality control and speed of delivery OR might as well just wait it out.

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm fairly confident we will NOT ever get Candyman in this game. The rights to that song are owned by M&M Mars, and no way Jack's gonna pay up for it.

I just wish it had more songs, unique ones NOT from the movie to mix things up. I feel like I've already heard that golden ticket song more than I ever want to hear in my life, and I've only watched a few Wonka streams.

Get David Thiel in there to produce some more theme-appropriate but unique songs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 91.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/38?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.