824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 46.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I have ignored 99% of the above (no offense), but since your in LA. There should be one local next week only in Van Nuys, see the CA for sale thread post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/158#post-4982884
Cheers

Thanks for the heads up! Will look forward to playing.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Thanks for the heads up! Will look forward to playing.

Please,get back to us with your honest review.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Please,get back to us with your honest review.

Yes I will thanks. I’m really hoping to like it. It looks good on the SDTM film. Only issue I’ve ever really had with it is the pricing, other than being somewhat barren compared to the flagship WOZ or POTC and even DI like Matt said.

#1654 4 years ago

Regardless of your personal feelings on K, he absolutely nailed it today. JJP making CEs owners wait until last in the build order is a terrible idea.

Your highest profit margin, most collectable version, typically bought by rich collectors who want to be the first guy on the block with the new toy? Those guys don't want to watch 1000+ LE owners unbox their games first.

And the "but, the ce version will be better because they fix issues that show up with SEs and LEs" isn't enough of a perk to overcome the negative of waiting.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Regardless of your personal feelings on K, he absolutely nailed it today. JJP making CEs owners wait until last in the build order is a terrible idea.
Your highest profit margin, most collectable version, typically bought by rich collectors who want to be the first guy on the block with the new toy? Those guys don't want to watch 1000+ LE owners unbox their games first.
And the "but, the ce version will be better because they fix issues that show up with SEs and LEs" isn't enough of a perk to overcome the negative of waiting.

I'm in on a CE. I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather have the bugs worked out first. I'm OK with 1000+ SE/LE owners getting theirs first. I highly doubt there will be 1,000 built first before all the CEs go out, but even if that turns out to be true, I'm good with it.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I'm in on a CE. I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather have the bugs worked out first. I'm OK with 1000+ SE/LE owners getting theirs first. I highly doubt there will be 1,000 built first before all the CEs go out, but even if that turns out to be true, I'm good with it.

Ditto. Get it right beats getting it first.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Ditto. Get it right beats getting it first.

I’m still in on a CE and I agree. At this point, we’ve yet to see anything resembling finished code, nor have we even seen the artwork, wireforms, etc., for the CE. I’d rather we get a peek at some of these things before a $12,500 box full of I Wish I Could Change My Mind arrives at my door. This is where I do agree with Kaneda, though. Why give the persons whom you’re going to make the most profit from several extra months to contemplate the meaning of life, the universe, and everything, and to potentially drop out? You’ve got to catch your Babel fish while the catching is still good! So, CEs last? Great for us, yes, but a dumb move on JJP’s part.

#1658 4 years ago

Really, really, REALLY, stupid move by JJP to make those of us in on the most expensive version of the game wait until last... Just unbelievably stupid... This is really aggravating and giving me serious thoughts about canceling my CE preorder. It's a very simple game, which is one of my primary issues with Wonka compared to how awesome POTC and WOZ is, so what in the hell could their possibly be to "fix"?

I bet the real answer here is JJP still hasn't gotten the stuff approved for the CE and is using this BS "fix stuff" excuse for the delay. For forcing your highest paying customers to wait until last better be worth it... Seriously worth it. I mean come on...

Jeff

#1659 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Really, really, REALLY, stupid move by JJP to make those of us in on the most expensive version of the game wait until last... Just unbelievably stupid... This is really aggravating and giving me serious thoughts about canceling my CE preorder. It's a very simple game, which is one of my primary issues with Wonka compared to how awesome POTC and WOZ is, so what in the hell could their possibly be to "fix"?
I bet the real answer here is JJP still hasn't gotten the stuff approved for the CE and is using this BS "fix stuff" excuse for the delay. For forcing your highest paying customers to wait until last better be worth it... Seriously worth it. I mean come on...
Jeff

It’s their model. They build SE first to get them to ops, then they build some LEs to get them to ops and some customers, then the CE, then back to SE and LE for remaining orders. They aren’t building 1000 LE before making CEs.

#1660 4 years ago

I am as eager as everyone else but how can you be in on a CE before you seen the final package? Waiting for a game is difficult sometimes ... manufacturing and delivery issues I understand - however, when do you anticipate we will see the CE pkg? A JJP stream from few weeks back had Eric saying it was going to be “soon”.

#1661 4 years ago

Same thing was done with DI and Pirates. No CEs early in the run.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I am as eager as everyone else but how can you be in on a CE before you seen the final package? Waiting for a game is difficult sometimes ... manufacturing and delivery issues I understand - however, when do you anticipate we will see the CE pkg? A JJP stream from few weeks back had Eric saying it was going to be “soon”.

I was in on a CE because multiple distributors said that JJP was going to sell out of all CEs within 24 hours of release.

Obviously that hasn't happened.

#1663 4 years ago

I was in on a CE because multiple distributors said that JJP was going to sell out of all CEs within 24 hours of release.
Obviously that hasn't happened.

Yeah people were saying that but w 500 being made at $12,500 apiece they should be available for a long time. The game looks great but only so many are willing and able to pay up for the CE. Really wish we could see one already.

#1664 4 years ago

Watching Willy Wonka on SyFy right now. Great movie!

#1665 4 years ago

100% correct Kaneda

We are supposed to be in the "announce the game and then ship the game" mode.

Once again, that doesn't seem to be the case. Delays.

I'm in on a CE too but if its not coming until this Fall then its another failure. How many more games will be announced between now and then?

I'm still waiting on my POTCCE.

I don't get it.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% correct Kaneda
We are supposed to be in the "announce the game and then ship the game" mode.
Once again, that doesn't seem to be the case. Delays.
I'm in on a CE too but if its not coming until this Fall then its another failure. How many more games will be announced between now and then?
I'm still waiting on my POTCCE.
I don't get it.

But no worries....mods already available.....good grief!!!

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But no worries....mods already available.....good grief!!!

LOL, unbelievable Mark!

#1668 4 years ago

Shouldn't most of the "fixes" be dealt with before any are released? None of these are cheap..I don't get, nor believe it..(sigh)

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, unbelievable Mark!

Oh, very believable Doug...the undercurrent is getting ridiculous....frankly, sick of it...

#1670 4 years ago

Everyone complaining about game prices (rightfully), yet the vultures are capturing the best margin at an exponential rate, and no one seems to notice.

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Everyone complaining about game prices (rightfully), yet the vultures are capturing the best margin at an exponential rate, and no one seems to notice.

The other risk of not locking in the high margin CE's is if early reviews don't come in really great then people will drop down or drop out.

For JJP, I don't think Jack even cares, same story for 8 years. Tell us what we want to hear, collect the big deposits and then worry about it later.

They have raked in a shit ton of Wonka order $$ that had to be sent by the distros based on the "announce and ship" promise.

Now its back to the same old BS.

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The other risk of not locking in the high margin CE's is if early reviews don't come in really great then people will drop down or drop out.
For JJP, I don't think Jack even cares, same story for 8 years. Tell us what we want to hear, collect the big deposits and then worry about it later.
They have raked in a shit ton of Wonka order $$ that had to be sent by the distros based on the "announce and ship" promise.
Now its back to the same old BS.

Something not right, for sure...it's been years, and I so want to get another JJP in my gameroom

#1673 4 years ago

Stern also does pros for the first month or so to get them.out to ops and overseas.
and then some le are made. They then do some premiums for a bit then back to finish off le with some pros thrown in.
Jjp has always did standards first to get them out in public so more people can play them. Then they do few hundred le models and then run the ce editions.
From what i have gathered they are doing 150 standard wonka's first which sld be on the line in the next week or two. Then the first batch of le wonka's will be ran which is usually a few hundred or so. The ce editions will be on the line after those. Jjp is not stern but jjp pins are also much more involved which takes longer to build. Di was shipping within 6 months of release then the potc mess took much longer. I suspect Wonka will be shipping within a month or so which is around 2 months after the release ... which i believe is what jjp wanted to happen. I'm happy to wait as jjp pins are really great and worth it imo.

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Wow, so much frustration! I´m in for a CE and think its very smart to wait with CE. CE customers demands are obvious the highest and a solid product as possible should be shipped out (to avoid future problems). I really don´t care how long it will take and for us it´s 5000 USD that has to be paid in advance!

Cheers pinball-lovers

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

I bought my pirates le from nitro so disappointed 9900 machine out of the box nothing but balls lost and stuck called tommy and no help called Jersey no reply I will figure it out but seriously I was out of the box this way.

Incorrect Clint. Our staff responded immediately and offered assistance and you chose not to respond. If you still need assistance contact [email protected]

#1676 4 years ago

During the past week or so the JJP Twitch stream has been pulled. Only a handful of 30 sec clips remain.

Maybe the licensor found some footage or things they didn't like about the product..?

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

CE customers demands are obvious the highest and a solid product as possible should be shipped out (to avoid future problems).

Why are a CE demands any higher than someone who buys another version? The finished product should be solid and without any issues, period. Just because you pay more money doesn't mean you deserve a better finished product.

#1678 4 years ago

CGC recently stated that they put their best playfields on the LE's vs. their less expensive versions because collectors expect/demand the best possible quality. I think JJP may see things the same way. That's life and that's why people pay $3000 more for a CE and $5000 more than for an SE.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Why are a CE demands any higher than someone who buys another version? The finished product should be solid and without any issues, period. Just because you pay more money doesn't mean you deserve a better finished product.

Uhh, what?

So if I buy a higher priced car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone, I shouldn't expect it to be any higher quality than the cheapest car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone?

Oh Pinside, never change.

#1680 4 years ago

Uhh, what?
So if I buy a higher priced car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone, I shouldn't expect it to be any higher quality than the cheapest car/house/pair of shoes/computer/phone?

No, not a higher "quality", but you should expect more features. A Ford F-150 standard compared to Limited Model have same reliability and basic framework, but you get more features and bling in the limited model, just like a CE. LE and SE models shouldn't have cheaper wood, components, etc. But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern. Just like a F-150 is better in quality then a Chrysler 200.

#1681 4 years ago

All in. 4 standards 2 les

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern.

Tell me how and in what way “But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern.”? Prove it please, because I’ve learned this is a fabricated falsehood, by fanboys. How is quality better on JJP? I’m open if you can prove it true. Please list all the reasons and backup your statement.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Tell me how and in what way “But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern.”? Prove it please, because I’ve learned this is a fabricated falsehood, by fanboys. How is quality better on JJP? I’m open if you can prove it true. Please list all the reasons and backup your statement.

Spike games do not have fuses and there are sensitive electronics under the playfield. For me, these are significant quality deficits.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Spike games do not have fuses and there are sensitive electronics under the playfield. For me, these are significant quality deficits.

I dunno man, I have a Spike game I've never had to fix once in two years.

#1685 4 years ago

Uhh, what?

The answer is no. I don’t expect the quality to be different, I expect the options to be different.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is the most persistent man in the world!

#1687 4 years ago

Just tell the truth Jack. That's all. Where are the POTCCE's?

Announce and ship? Say one thing and do another.

It's ok i guess because nobody seems to care. How many sales are lost though?

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

No, not a higher "quality", but you should expect more features. A Ford F-150 standard compared to Limited Model have same reliability and basic framework, but you get more features and bling in the limited model, just like a CE. LE and SE models shouldn't have cheaper wood, components, etc. But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern. Just like a F-150 is better in quality then a Chrysler 200.

Exactly my point! No matter what model the build quality should be the same.

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Hey I own more sterns than JJP. In fact my favorite game is BM 66. But it’s not a secret JJP parts, build is better quality. But like Mercedes quality doesn’t mean things don’t break down. My boss had a Mercedes in the shop all the time. My Chrysler 5 years no major issues. Just stating quality and reliability within an individual entity/company should not be varied.

#1690 4 years ago

Hey everyone, go outside, it’s super nice out today. Wonka will ship soon. Hopefully they make a pampers edition for all of the babies on here. JJP is a beyond amazing company. My potc Ce was flawless out the box. Problem is, when the machines work fine nobody writes about it. There’s plenty out there that are mint. Keep whinning, picky picky picky. Reading the whiners sure takes away from pinball. Go find a hobby where the manufactures and distributors are perfect. Let them roll a big fat red carpet out for you and bless you with rose pedals and grapes. Let them bask in your perfection and give them hope that one day they can be just like you.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is the most persistent man in the world!

= troll dupe acct

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey everyone, go outside, it’s super nice out today. Wonka will ship soon. Hopefully they make a pampers edition for all of the babies on here. JJP is a beyond amazing company. My potc Ce was flawless out the box. Problem is, when the machines work fine nobody writes about it. There’s plenty out there that are mint. Keep whinning, picky picky picky. Reading the whiners sure takes away from pinball. Go find a hobby where the manufactures and distributors are perfect. Let them roll a big fat red carpet out for you and bless you with rose pedals and grapes. Let them bask in your perfection and give them hope that one day they can be just like you.

Just tell the truth.

You have been around Pinside less than a year

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just tell the truth.
You have been around Pinside less than a year

Yes, and thank God, so far I much prefer the Poutside

#1694 4 years ago

Listening to the Waiting for Wonka Mix Tape while waiting for Wonka... and dinner tonight, wife approved...

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/special-wait-for-wonka-mix-tape

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

= troll dupe acct

Lol, always using this old worn out name calling to put down people trying to figure out from a forum what is good or isn’t. Is it really necessary?

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Hey I own more sterns than JJP. In fact my favorite game is BM 66. But it’s not a secret JJP parts, build is better quality. But like Mercedes quality doesn’t mean things don’t break down. My boss had a Mercedes in the shop all the time. My Chrysler 5 years no major issues. Just stating quality and reliability within an individual entity/company should not be varied.

You keep saying this and still haven’t given any proof, only car analogies. Please give actual reasons of pinball build quality differences. Want to know what you’ve found?

#1697 4 years ago

When are we going to see the CE playfield .... has there been any info?

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Yes, and thank God, so far I much prefer the Poutside

Then you fit right in

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Tell me how and in what way “But a JJP is better in quality overall then stern.”?

Maybe go and play a JJP machine, especially the more recent releases like DI, JJPOTC and WONKA. The answer to this and many of the other questions you have been asking will become immediately clear when you do.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Maybe go and play a JJP machine, especially the more recent releases like DI, JJPOTC and WONKA. The answer to this and many of the other questions you have been asking will be answered immediately when you do.

Maybe just go play and buy the one you want....news flash..they ALL break, to say otherwise is ridiculous. To your point, I'd recommend playing a WOZRR as opposed to any of the "newer" you listed. How many of those 3 even exist in the wild by comparison? WOZ easily outnumbers them all combined, and for good reason (he might actually find one close to play, as well). Good grief

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/34?hl=cgpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.