824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 46.
#51 5 years ago

Golden token rolling down the glass like in Safecracker...right?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

As long as it's not a Dialed In re-skin, I'm ready to consider this.

I'm not as far along as you but I am considering being ready to consider this as my next NIB purchase.

#53 5 years ago

I got my name on a list. I'll play the pin at MGC and if it's good, I'm in!

#54 5 years ago

I would like to get a Wonka pin, but if the new woz cost 11500, I think this game will cost at least the same if not more. At these prices I cannot afford buying new games anymore. It seems like everyone on pinside is either rich, or are taking out loans to buy these games.

#55 5 years ago

I've never bought a NIB pin. I may buy one now.

#genewilderorgtfo

#56 5 years ago

Definitely in, JJP hasn't let me down yet. Just hope the pricing doesn't go further north.

#57 5 years ago

In with Flipnoutpinball to complete (for now) our JJP lineup. Cool theme and many fun possibilities.

#58 5 years ago

Hmmm, this could be cool. Plus 1000 on the Wilder version being the way to go. Or, I could also live with something totally unrelated to the movies. In any event, cool theme! I can see lots of great ramps, toys, etc.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How can you be in on a game without even seeing it?

New here?

That being said I'm in on Toy Story just based on rumor alone. And the Matrix if anybody ever gets around to making it. Hopefully another jjp title

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Definitely in, JJP hasn't let me down yet. Just hope the pricing doesn't go further north.

I was told same pricing as pirates

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was told same pricing as pirates

Wish it would come down a hair , but I can stomach that. Another vote for not a Dialed In! re-skin, I love Dialed In! the way it is.

#62 5 years ago

Hell no no Wonka for me Toy Story!!

#63 5 years ago

I will almost assuredly be pre-ordering a Wonka LE, just waiting for two things: 1) the PF design, but if it's Lawlor as assumed I'm 100% sure I'll enjoy it; and 2) Depp v. Wilder But I think a JJP Wonka could be the best match of company/license ever. It makes so much sense. The more I play all of the JJP games, the more I realize I'd be happy with nothing but JJP games at home, since I'm already lucky enough to have Dialed In and Pirates.

I'm psyched!!!!

#64 5 years ago

I have no idea, I need to see how this pans out. Need to see it in person and evaluate when the cost is published.

I will not preorder in any event and I really have no strong feelings about the theme, but like PL a lot. I hope it works out for JJP. I have DI and love it.

#65 5 years ago

I *want* to be in for an LE, but I need to see this thing, and get a real feel for the playfield flow. I'm guessing a lot of pre-orders will happen, once we see it, though...unless the price continues to rise...

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

#genewilderorgtfo

Might be my first NIB pin also. My wife and daughter already said I had to sell enough games to get it.
If it’s fun to shoot and intergrades the theme well. I won’t be able to pass.

#67 5 years ago

I hear a lot of “pre order” talk ... hopefully it will be “Here it it and it’s ready to ship!”

#68 5 years ago

As long as it's not a Dialed In re-skin, I'm ready to consider this.

Why in the hell would they do a reskin? Or a Depp version for that matter.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why in the hell would they do a reskin? Or a Depp version for that matter.

Because sh*t happens.

#70 5 years ago

So true,but that shit ain’t happening

#71 5 years ago

There's a 99 and 44/100% chance I'd prefer a Wilder over a Depp version. I'm a Depp fan too. Rango anyone?

#72 5 years ago

Rango was a cool movie,we named our very green Quaker parrot after Rango.

#73 5 years ago

It's weird that Stern released BK3 so soon after Munsters.

This game must be good and they wanted to draw more collectors $$ for BK3 before this game/theme comes out. For them to do it at the risk of cannibalizing Munsters sales I think is significant.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I can't wait to see what MOD COUPLE come up with in terms of mods for the game. It seems like Mod Couple is all over every JJP game.

I like how some people's first instinct is "how can I spend MORE money on a $10k game that should have everything in the game already".

#75 5 years ago

Because sh*t happens.

And because they talked about doing that with Toy Story!

Quickly shot down as one of the dumbest ideas ever

Reskin DI to TS

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Then GnR will get revealed at Expo which is right in my backyard!

The Data East GNR really grew on me ... I recently played one with a Pinsound. All I have to say is "WOW" ... it made the game SOOOOOO much better . I didn't expect the sound to be *that* big of a factor .

I can't wait to see what JJP does with the license .

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

but if the new woz cost 11500, I think this game will cost at least the same if not more.

That price is usually for the "Collector Edition" pins which are JJP's "LE". JJP does have LEs with more features than their base model, and their base models are pretty much the same as their LEs and CEs gameplay-wise ... you won't run into any major differences that you might encounter with a Stern Premium/LE vs Pro.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And because they talked about doing that with Toy Story!
Quickly shot down as one of the dumbest ideas ever
Reskin DI to TS

No reskins please, not at these prices. For today's NIB prices games should be an original design as that's part of the cost.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I hear a lot of “pre order” talk ... hopefully it will be “Here it it and it’s ready to ship!”

Who in their right mind would preorder a Jjp game? You have to wait a year for the release while Jjp tries to figure out how to make the game actually functional and takes away key features.

#80 5 years ago

It's Wilder. No need to speculate on that one. Like WOZ, it's a whimsical nostalgia-passed-on-for-generations movie. Depp Wonka is divisive and even those who like it don't care enough to buy a pin based on it.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You have to wait a year for the release

Not this time. More like a few weeks after reveal/announcement.

LTG : )

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Fingers crossed for a model under 10k

This hobby might be the best example of "slow boil a frog on a skillet" I have ever seen.

7 years ago, we would have lost our shit. Now, we are hoping for under $10K......

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not this time. More like a few weeks after reveal/announcement.
LTG : )

I hope you’re right. It’s hard to get excited about a release when it’s a year out.

#84 5 years ago

Regardless of how you feel about the actors or the emotional impact on your psyche; the Tim Burton Wonka is truer to the story as written by the super creepy Roald Dahl and in every way visually superior to the 1971 movie directed by Mel Stuart.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's Wilder. No need to speculate on that one. Like WOZ, it's a whimsical nostalgia-passed-on-for-generations movie. ...

Word.

pure-imagination-gif.gifpure-imagination-gif.gif

#86 5 years ago

Will JJP release a Chocolate Free LE for $6k more?

JJP's new tagline should be 'Less Is More ($)'.

#MoreJJPPRdisasters

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

#genewilderorgtfo

Ha!

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Will JJP release a Chocolate Free LE for $6k more?
JJP's new tagline should be 'Less Is More ($)'.
#MoreJJPPRdisasters

Well, you can't have "chocolate-free" Wonka, but perhaps...sugar-free?

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Regardless of how you feel about the actors or the emotional impact on your psyche; the Tim Burton Wonka is truer to the story as written by the super creepy Roald Dahl and in every way visually superior to the 1971 movie directed by Mel Stuart.

Aside from the daddy-flashbacks and that stupid flag museum gag - I like the Tim Burton one a lot, and love the Danny Elfman music (based off of Dahl's poems in the book) ....but for most movie fans, 70's Wonka is what they know and love.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Ha! If they do the Depp one, I’m in. LOVE Deep Roy and the Boingo music!!

It’s Wonka ‘71 Greg. There is NO other.

#91 5 years ago

If JJP brings the magic and prices this one normally, I'm in too.

#92 5 years ago
ww (resized).jpgww (resized).jpg
#93 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I heard Toy Story ?

Toy Story or Wonka would be on my radar. I’m selling my Tron (with right to buy back) so I’ll have a spot open, was looking at BK SoR but also next JJP pin.

I really have been looking at the JJP PotC videos and as much as it looks cool with so many rules going on and loads of shots. I’m not sure how I feel abou the shoot the floating head playfield.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It's weird that Stern released BK3 so soon after Munsters.
This game must be good and they wanted to draw more collectors $$ for BK3 before this game/theme comes out. For them to do it at the risk of cannibalizing Munsters sales I think is significant.

Bingo.

#95 5 years ago

Pinsiders obsession with old and retold movie themes is so weird to me. But I get the “themes draw to the money making device” but I refuse to accept this as absolute truth.

Oompa Loompa gimmie a break. My wife would medically die from embarrassment if I brought a Wonka themed pinball machine into the house (says the owner of a sttng .

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Oompa Loompa gimmie a break. My wife would medically die from embarrassment if I brought a Wonka themed pinball machine into the house (says the owner of a sttng .

The Oompa Loompa drop target banks are going to be killer!

#97 5 years ago

That’s pretty funny, especially if there was a user violence and gore setting to hear the splats as the oompas get mowed by a giant silver ball.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

... I really have been looking at the JJP PotC videos and as much as it looks cool with so many rules going on and loads of shots. I’m not sure how I feel abou the shoot the floating head playfield.

You REALLY need to play POTC @rai. As has been said by others - in a home environment, it's like crack. I think your "shoot the floating head playfield" concerns will quickly disappear.

#99 5 years ago

Id like to see an oompa Loompa mode with that girl (whats her face) who blows up and turns blue. The full rgb gi can shift to blue and you have to hit specific targets to squeeze the juice out of her (that's what the movie says anyway.) And then another mode with Charlie and his grandpa floating up to the ceiling fan. Every correct target you hit "burps" as you try to get them safely to the ground. I hope they flash those creepy ass scenes with the chickens head cut off and the weird shit in the tunnel. I hope it comes without nuts cuz Im allergic.

#100 5 years ago

I hope it's a standard body. Kinda over all the wide body layouts they've put out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 90.00
$ 64.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,000 (Firm)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/2?hl=jerryuop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.