824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 46.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I am in the same camp, looking for some kinda answer on them. I disected the streams like a wierdo, only could find one instance of a movement and a single comment. With there being 6 mags on the field I hope there is more to them just than the random seldom movement. I know Lawlor loves mags, was hoping to see some DI type movement.. afraid they are not strong enough or poorly located. Hope it's just a code issue.
Could be deal breaker for me on buying.. I love magnents.

I actually like that they are higher up on the playfield... that way they won't cause as many unfair drains. I wld guess that they will be better coded (more active/powerful) on the next update.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I am in the same camp, looking for some kinda answer on them. I disected the streams like a wierdo, only could find one instance of a movement and a single comment. With there being 6 mags on the field I hope there is more to them just than the random seldom movement. I know Lawlor loves mags, was hoping to see some DI type movement.. afraid they are not strong enough or poorly located. Hope it's just a code issue.
Could be deal breaker for me on buying.. I love magnents.

Placement: 1 magnet is above the upper left flipper to hold the ball when you need to go across the playfield to hit the spinner shot.

In the pic you can see the mini lights (which look awesome in person and I'm sure even better in the dark). There are six circles. The 3 on the right are right on top of each other. The 3 on the left make kind of a triangle

Usage: Pat Lawlor told me that during multiballs they will be activated. I dont know if that is all the time. Great question for the stream tomorrow. I believe they are already in and will be in other modes/mini modes as well.

Imagine those magnets working together. Pat said they make some pretty neat patterns and coordinate with the lighting as well.
Screenshot_20190418-221708_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190418-221708_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

what is a Bugatti?????

A fun little rapper car with $25,000 oil changes...seriously

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. David Thiel is a master at creating pinball music and sounds.
The video below is of David Thiel talking about creating music and sounds for Hobbit. At one point he talks about taking a licensed song, The Old Friends theme, and creating several variants of it. He also talks about avoiding looping in music, implementing dialogue, pulling sounds from assets, etc. The quantity, variety, and quality of music / sounds put into games by David Thiel has been incredible. He knows how to create custom pinball sounds, music as well as leveraging licensed assets and then tying it to specific modes and events in game. It's a huge bummer that he's no longer at JJP.
On a side note I think The Hobbit may go down as David Thiels magnum opus, his master work.

If you watch anything from the video I posted above check out the section below where David talks about creating several variants of a licensed track to get more mileage out of it. Incredible stuff.

The Hobbit music was done by Two Steps From Hell not David Thiel. TSFH is the number one epic music band in the world outselling and streaming all of the top film composers in the world, including Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore and Danny Elfman. David Thiel did great work on the sound effects in the Hobbit and putting it all together, but the 99% of the music came from Two Steps From Hell.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The Hobbit music was done by Two Steps From Hell not David Thiel. TSFH is the number one epic music band in the world outselling and streaming all of the top film composers in the world, including Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore and Danny Elfman. David Thiel did good work on the sound effects in the Hobbit, but the 99% of the music came from Two Steps From Hell.

I couldn't find info on their wiki page, but this seems definitely accurate.

Thanks for this tidbit of info.

Screenshot_20190419-015135_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190419-015135_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Always a hoot Lloyd!

This is the best thing I've seen on any forum

Thanks ltg

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The Hobbit music was done by Two Steps From Hell not David Thiel. TSFH is the number one epic music band in the world outselling and streaming all of the top film composers in the world, including Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore and Danny Elfman. David Thiel did great work on the sound effects in the Hobbit and putting it all together, but the 99% of the music came from Two Steps From Hell.

It's both. Two Steps From Hell did a ton of the music, but David did a lot of his own (the main LOTR type theme is David's arrangement), plus the voice and sound FX package.

#1408 4 years ago

There's a whole video where Theil talks about everything that went into the sound, including Two Steps From Hell and a plug for them. I think it's this one:
NWPAS 2015 - D2 S5 - Jersey Jack Butch Peel David Thiel

#1409 4 years ago

Can't make the show and want to order a Willy Wonka ? Email Joe at [email protected] !

JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).pngJJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Can't make the show and want to order a Willy Wonka ? Email Joe at [email protected] !
[quoted image]

Is there no rule about spamming all of the Wonka threads with ads?

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Joe is harmless. Plus its more of a Show invite to play which seems like an invite to me which is appreciated.

#1412 4 years ago

And, sponsors/vendors are a large part of why this site can exist.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

New rule should be made.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

New rule should be made.

Says the guy who does Not contribute to Pinside..... love or hate the salesmen they Do contribute to the $$$ of running the site we All use so I am fine with their posts or even soliciting.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This isn't as much of a 'for sale' thing as it is letting folks know a brand new game most everyone on the east coast hasn't seen yet is going to be at the show. I get emails daily asking what I'm bringing and where they can play Wonka though us. This is a way to get that word out and answers those questions in one pass. Primarily though to get people who may be interested to GO to the show and support the show by walking through the door and dropping some coin. People who want to buy know how to find me that's not a concern for me. Just trying to drum up excitement for the show is important. I'm dragging 25 games to the show so I think I'm allowed to tell people what I'm bringing especially with WW being a hot thing. I actually even pay a lot of money on FB to promote Pinfest show there too and I have zero stake in it - the bigger the show, everyone wins ! I DO stuff in the hobby, so no apologies here.

And FYI I just donated to Pinside today before I posted that announcement - not for that reason, just because, but funny others brought that up ! and you don't want to know what I pay a year in ads to support Robin and team as well because it's a great medium for all of us. That said, someone who does or doesn't donate doesn't have more or less rights on others - this guys entitled to his opinion as well. Honestly, sorry to bother you about it.

#1416 4 years ago

Advertising once in this thread and once in that thread, in a non-overbearing manner, to their target audience(livelihood) while contributing to this community, which helps continue its existence should not be allowed?

As I am also very new to this hobby and forum but see this moderate advertising as helpful in knowing what and where things will be happening while also seeing which distributor is actively involved in this community. I do again, as it is in tasteful moderation, find this helpful. I have also reached out to several distributors when finding a pin I want and they have all worked very hard to earn my business while maintaining very friendly service, even answering texts/emails at 9pm-10pm due to my work schedule. I respect that a lot. I cannot speak for everyone on here as this is my opinion and experience with the distributors I’ve reached out to.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up! We appreciate it when you let us know you have new games for us to try. Thanks for making them available at the show!

#1418 4 years ago

There's a new interview with Eric up from the LoserKid Pinball Podcast. Lots of cool information about Willy Wonka, Pirates, designing games, etc. Eric mentions how Willy Wonka is designed for on location pinball with approachable rules. Still sounds like there's going to to be a few wizard modes in the game based on what he said.

It's possible that Wonka was purposely scaled back a bit in terms of mechanical features due to JJP wanting a more reliable on location pin? Even the standard at $7500 still has a good amount going on in it.

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's possible that Wonka was purposely scaled back a bit in terms of mechanical features due to JJP wanting a more reliable on location pin? Even the standard at $7500 still has a good amount going on in it.

I think so, there are really no complicated mechs that can/will break and, nothing wrong with that. It benefits JJP to get more games out there on location and in the hands of people that can't afford $9,000 machines.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

[quoted image]

Can’t wait to play it at Allentown. If I like it I’m hoping they are available ready to go by the York show so I can pick one up there. Save on shipping. Maybe get the show model to save a little more.

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Your salty vag is showing.

#1422 4 years ago

I dont think "spamming every Wonka thread" is the real issue. I think the fact that there are A LOT of separate threads is the bigger issue. As a distributor, making sure people know where they can come to play games (and therefore potentially buy games) is a priority.
I get more annoyed by the constant pressing of the ads at the bottom of each thread by companies that only pay for the service monetarily (which is needed to keep the site going), and not by helping out current and potential customers within said threads when questions are asked.

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a new interview with Eric up from the LoserKid Pinball Podcast. Lots of cool information about Willy Wonka, Pirates, designing games, etc. Eric mentions how Willy Wonka is designed for on location pinball with approachable rules. Still sounds like there's going to to be a few wizard modes in the game based on what he said.
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast

There was one thing that bothered me about the discussion regarding getting more games into locations during this interview of Eric. In this interview, Eric pushed the physical ball locks on the ramp and the ability to steal balls that are physically locked as ones that will be attractive to players in operator locations. He described how players would walk by and see two balls sitting on the ramp in the back and this would attract them to the game or get them to play again as they realize that they are getting close to a multiball event. Players on location will also, according to Eric, like the idea of being able to steal locked balls. The problem with this is that we have been told that the Standard Edition will only have virtual locks and there will be no ability to steal locked balls, so the features that Eric was pushing as great for arcade operators won't even be in the lower priced Standard Edition that was intended to increase the number of operators buying JJP games for location use.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Says the guy who does Not contribute to Pinside..... love or hate the salesmen they Do contribute to the $$$ of running the site we All use so I am fine with their posts or even soliciting.

Rofl. I was just kidding. I am dying.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do contribute buy selling my games less than anyone so value is passed on. Just ask anyone who bought games from me. Peace out.

#1426 4 years ago

I do contribute buy selling my games less than anyone so value is passed on. Just ask anyone who bought games from me. Peace out.

And that helps support this forum how again....

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

By saving pinsiders money so they can donate more to pinside

#1428 4 years ago

By saving pinsiders money so they can donate more to pinside

I thought you could only lurk on the site sans donation?

$5 a year for all the engagement from other users is MORE than we worth it, just to help keep the lights on, and actual ads down.

#1429 4 years ago

My question was a legitimate question. If there isn't a rule, there isn't a rule. I am following the Wonka threads and got hit with this ad twice in a row for an event (far away from most on average) that is also an ad for sales (the true motivation). What if all of the distros worldwide that support events to sell Wonkas did this in all the Wonka threads? There are many of them. Again, if there isn't a rule, there isn't a rule. No need to attack

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My question was a legitimate question. If there isn't a rule, there isn't a rule. I am following the Wonka threads and got hit with this ad twice in a row for an event (far away from most on average) that is also an ad for sales (the true motivation). What if all of the distros worldwide that support events to sell Wonkas did this in all the Wonka threads? There are many of them. Again, if there isn't a rule, there isn't a rule. No need to attack

No rule that I know of. There is a feature to "ignore" a user so you dont see any of their posts. It is extreme, but you could do that.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's possible that Wonka was purposely scaled back a bit in terms of mechanical features due to JJP wanting a more reliable on location pin?

Yes, it appears to be scaled back in many areas, over the last standard body made. Mechanical features is what we’re all looking for in a new machine. The way Bally/Williams did it. The way WOZ did it. Today’s company is charging us big money, but don’t want the hassle of mechs that don’t work well. Just charge us less for less being sold and we’ll all be happy.

#1432 4 years ago

Come play Willy Wonka and WOZ YBR at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

4CCB0EFA-6496-40E5-BEE6-CE64F7BB2607 (resized).jpeg4CCB0EFA-6496-40E5-BEE6-CE64F7BB2607 (resized).jpeg1A6EC159-F0D3-4F00-B323-BA958BAE5E41 (resized).jpeg1A6EC159-F0D3-4F00-B323-BA958BAE5E41 (resized).jpeg9966D7E5-2530-4EF5-BF6E-2DA55BF5B4AC (resized).jpeg9966D7E5-2530-4EF5-BF6E-2DA55BF5B4AC (resized).jpeg4B21B872-4B4B-4341-B6D5-E6B6B6F5C587 (resized).jpeg4B21B872-4B4B-4341-B6D5-E6B6B6F5C587 (resized).jpegD8E685F2-6436-4424-9CF2-1987C26A2247 (resized).jpegD8E685F2-6436-4424-9CF2-1987C26A2247 (resized).jpeg
#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ummm...Nope, No rule.
Thanks Joe for the updates.

#1434 4 years ago

That blue armor looks really nice.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Come play Willy Wonka and WOZ YBR at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !
Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On our way... looking fwd to playing this

#1436 4 years ago

Thank you Joe for posting this side by side pic of the SE and LE!

Makes me realize that while I would prefer to have Gene on there, I am fine with the SE artwork and trim. However, that back corner of the playfield does look pretty dark and lonely on the SE when you see it right next to the LE. I am wondering if it looks any better with the game on?

Can someone going to the show take/post this same pic with both games turned on?

side by side (resized).jpgside by side (resized).jpg
#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Makes me realize that while I would prefer to have Gene on there, I am fine with the SE artwork and trim. However, that back corner of the playfield does look pretty dark and lonely on the SE when you see it right next to the LE. I am wondering if it looks any better with the game on?
Can someone going to the show take/post this same pic with both games turned on?
[quoted image]

No lighting or anything in that area on the se.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Gorgar123:

[quoted image]

These are still prototype games right?
I think the LE is just missing the Blue Wireforms right?

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

[quoted image]

Modcouple, Mezel Mods, etc will fix that. Not even a question in my mind of which to buy considering the price difference. I'm OK not having a big clear VUK in the back left....

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Yep it sld /will have those powder coated also

#1441 4 years ago

Good point. I wonder how close these are to the final product? I guess there is a chance that the SE could still end up getting some lighting or plastics/art in that back corner.

Yup. The LE seems to be missing art below the screen as well?

#1442 4 years ago

I‘m hoping I can get an SE with standard stainless steel armor.

#1443 4 years ago

Sorry if this was talked about already but I just noticed this machine is being made. Awesome!! Love Willy Wonka.

Curious as for me, the main difference betweeen the standard and the limited is the Wonkavator Super Ball Lock. Can anyone tell me or post a picture of what the ball lock would be for the standard version? Only images that I seem to find are of the limited.

#1444 4 years ago

Man, I would jump all over this but like others have said, the artwork on the cabinet for the standard really is weak... I realize there are licenses to be paid and whatnot, but at the end of the day, we are spending thousands of dollars on a game and it should look nice regardless.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I got bullied so I didn’t donate this year.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I‘m hoping I can get an SE with standard stainless steel armor.

I believe the se will be ?

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry if this was talked about already but I just noticed this machine is being made. Awesome!! Love Willy Wonka.
Curious as for me, the main difference betweeen the standard and the limited is the Wonkavator Super Ball Lock. Can anyone tell me or post a picture of what the ball lock would be for the standard version? Only images that I seem to find are of the limited.

Gameplay differences are only the ball lock but the le comes with a nicer finish and more bling/upgrades

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Gameplay differences are only the ball lock but the le comes with a nicer finish and more bling/upgrades

Yes I realize that. I was mainly commenting on the cabinet art. Its looks unfinished on the SE.

#1449 4 years ago

What version do you need to buy to get that black trim? I think that looks really good.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What version do you need to buy to get that black trim? I think that looks really good.

Thats the Standard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/29?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.