824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 46.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP makes great games, but their toppers are crap.....the only topper that was interesting was the POTC CE model....other than that their just plastic with LED lighting .....

Most toppers aren't great. But I actually think the WoZ 7th topper is pretty nice. Looks good, even though it doesn't do anything.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP makes great games, but their toppers are crap.....the only topper that was interesting was the POTC CE model....other than that their just plastic with LED lighting .....

And they needed a mod to fix the grinding noise.

Not a big fan of toppers anyhow unless its AFMrLE style, WH20 or even MBrLE.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Power is usually low at shows and most companies don’t adjust for low power.
They should.

I played WONKA at MGC and the flipper power was great in the presentation room at the reveal. They took the pins into the hall the next day and some of the pin's flippers seemed a little weaker and the top one seemed to lag a bit. So ... if you play one of these at a show, keep that in mind. When they set them up before the crowds get there, the power is probably stronger then too.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP didn't make their CE topper for POTC. Back Alley Creations did. So I doubt JJP does anything to improve a mech they did not design or produce.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I played WONKA at MGC and the flipper power was great in the presentation room at the reveal. They took the pins into the hall the next day and some of the pin's flippers seemed a little weaker and the top one seemed to lag a bit. So ... if you play one of these at a show, keep that in mind. When they set them up before the crowds get there, the power is probably stronger then too.

This is exactly what happened. And every time I played a game with you and your wife, we were all terrible for some reason. When I played by myself, my score was much better.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

This is exactly what happened. And every time I played a game with you and your wife, we were all terrible for some reason. When I played by myself, my score was much better.

Pinsider peer pressure. Ya, that's the reason.

#1207 5 years ago

I am in for an LE... I was at the Reveal and it was AMAZING!

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are the only differences in play fields the wonkavator? IF SE is missing inserts/lighting that would push me to an LE.

It does sound like there are some lighting differences in the PF in the SE vs the LE/CE.

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It does sound like there are some lighting differences in the PF in the SE vs the LE/CE.

Where did you hear that? I'm not aware as it wasn't in their explanation unless I missed something

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where did you hear that? I'm not aware as it wasn't in their explanation unless I missed something

One of the JJP people mentioned it at the show, I cannot recall who. It sounded like the SE either had less LED lights with the little candy "bits" or that it was color inserts vs RGB? I didn't quite catch the whole statement as they were telling it to someone else and I was listening in.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I personally think the CGC set the standard for great toppers....AFRLE and MBrLE are awesome.....I'm not a big topper guy, but they look nice on top of the game....

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The lighting would be a big deal . Not so sure this is a fact. Sounds like BS.

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was just going to say that would be....

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's good to hear, again I'm usually a premium guy, but man a big price difference. I can live without powder coat and the wonkavator. The art yeah is pretty lame, but when do you ever look at the cabinet except when you're showing someone. Funny thing, my distributor advised against getting first run production? Said better to wait till next one with JJP.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s what I heard from JJP. Call it whatever you want if it helps you sleep better.

Quoted from delt31:

They said it 100%.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s what I heard from JJP. Call it whatever you want if it helps you sleep better.

They said it 100%.

You are the JJP public relations ?
But you do not even know a name of who was talking?

I call BS!

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You are the JJP public relations ?
But you do not even know a name of who was talking?
I call BS!

I was at MGC. They talked to lots of people all weekend about the games. Others talked to them too. Those people have posted things that were said as well. Quit trolling.

Edit: I found his name. Brett Abess is the one who mentioned it. He is the same one that mentioned they were trying to get cast signatures for the CE.

#1218 5 years ago

At MGC I spoke with my distributor and the WONKA lead programmer Joe Katz. They told me there are fewer LEDs on the SE because the physical ball lock is not present on the SE and those LEDs are what results in the lower LED count. All else is the same. I ordered the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I believe there will be vendors making mods available for that upper left corner.

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

At MGC I spoke with my distributor and the WONKA lead programmer Joe Katz. They told me there are fewer LEDs on the SE because the physical ball lock is not present on the SE and those LEDs are what results in the lower LED count. All else is the same. I ordered the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I believe there will be vendors making mods available for that upper left corner.

Makes sense! Thank you for confirming it wasn’t just “BS”.

#1220 5 years ago

Thanks for providing an answer that makes perfect sense.

#1221 5 years ago

Thank you everyone that was able to make it out for the reveal and the days following. I'm sorry that we ran out of Wonka bars. I truly underestimated the demand they would have.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist. I enjoyed playing the game and look forward to helping bring smiles to families with jjp's great line up.

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Brett Abess is the one who mentioned it. He is the same one that mentioned they were trying to get cast signatures for the CE.

Ummmmmm.................... if he said that. You can bank on it.

LTG : )

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thank you everyone that was able to make it out for the reveal and the days following. I'm sorry that we ran out of Wonka bars. I truly underestimated the demand they would have.
If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist. I enjoyed playing the game and look forward to helping bring smiles to families with jjp's great line up.

The family is loving the MBr we got from you at the show Chris. Keep up the good work and thank you!

Quoted from LTG:

Ummmmmm.................... if he said that. You can bank on it.
LTG : )

Agreed. Fortunately someone provided the full context, being that it’s LEDs that are part of the upper left playfield around the wonkavator, so not so bad!

Also he is a super nice guy, really a true pinball fan. He was so excited to talk to us about pinball.

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

JJP didn't make their CE topper for POTC. Back Alley Creations did. So I doubt JJP does anything to improve a mech they did not design or produce.

It’s their topper going on their pin and they need to control the quality.

I don’t give a F who made it

And I don’t want to hear any excuses about quality for Wonka

#1225 5 years ago

Im sure something can be added but that area is way different between the models... center ramp is located differently and looks like some other things? It wld be like tz without the gumball machine and vuk.
d6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-024850_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-024850_Facebook (resized).jpg

#1226 5 years ago

Ok that's helpful bc thats a different story. That's fine for standard then.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im sure something can be added but that area is way different between the models... center ramp is located differently and looks like some other things? It wld be like tz without the gumball machine and vuk.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No way! That elevator addition is overrated in my opinion. It's not a toy like the gumball machine - it's basically a giant clear VUK. I would be perfectly fine without it.

Now that standard art.... Yikes

#1228 5 years ago

The side art is weak on the standard. But it does not really matter to me .

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Defiantly looking forward to playing this one, luckily I know of a local place that has one on order already as well as a BKSoR

I live in the area, what location are you speaking of? Thanks

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No way! That elevator addition is overrated in my opinion. It's not a toy like the gumball machine - it's basically a giant clear VUK. I would be perfectly fine without it.
Now that standard art.... Yikes

Def some weak shit in this game and the art on the standard is pathetic and no one disagrees.

Put F ing Wilder on the standard cab art for zero extra money and quit playing games.

The Wonkavator is a poor man's TSPP couch without the upper pf.

Okey dokey

#1231 5 years ago

I knew it...Hershey had a hand in all of this reveal stuff and conspiracy.

20190414_162004 (resized).jpg20190414_162004 (resized).jpg

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Chris, thank you for the Wonka Bar and all the great info you shared with us on the WONKA SE that we ordered from you. Great service! Chris is the man to see.

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I knew it...Hershey had a had in all of this reveal and conspiracy.
[quoted image]

Thought I'd share a pic I took of the "conspiracy theorist" in action at the reveal ...
Looks like an awesome time - jealous that the wife and I missed being there

IMG_4410 (resized).JPGIMG_4410 (resized).JPG
#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s their topper going on their pin and they need to control the quality.
I don’t give a F who made it
And I don’t want to hear any excuses about quality for Wonka

I agree with Iceman....Look at the topper for DICE....not mad at JJP...but it was a joke. They even left the part numbers on the print outs because someone forgot to have those removed before they were made. I have always said that those toppers should have been redone....it was a joke. Own up to the mistake and make it right. I am not talking about lile just one part....ALL OF THEM HAVE the part numbers on the print outs. I was the first to.point it out and I was like WTF are these numbers for? LMAO

But they are making great games.....If the topper on this Willy Wonka has part numbers on it......I AM OUT. They must have learned from that mistake. Besides the POTC CE topper was much better....just a lot of noise...but I hear there is a way to fix it

#1235 5 years ago

Wanted to order a Wonka LE but now Distro’s are taxing pins so I am out not gonna pay an extra thousand dollars for it. Thank you California.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thought I'd share a pic I took of the "conspiracy theorist" in action at the reveal ...
Looks like an awesome time - jealous that the wife and I missed being there[quoted image]

HEY THAT IS A GREAT LOOKING GUY!!!

#1237 5 years ago

I’m in on a LE, I believe the music and assets will be integrated more cohesively in the next few months. The $2,000 difference between the SE & LE isn’t easy to justify, but pinballs aren’t reasonable purchases to start with so you might as well get what you want. The SE art package is beyond weak and I like all the extras.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Wanted to order a Wonka LE but now Distro’s are taxing pins so I am out not gonna pay an extra thousand dollars for it. Thank you California.

Let the hypesters pre-order....they'll get bored of it as they always do, chase the next new shiny...you get to buy a used one, save money & tax! Win win!

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let the hypesters pre-order....they'll get bored of it as they always do, chase the next new shiny...you get to buy a used one, save money & tax! Win win!

Buzzkill

#1240 5 years ago

I knew it...Hershey had a hand in all of this reveal stuff and conspiracy.
[quoted image]

It's a Hershey bar!!!!! Just goes to show u....Always open ur packages...You NEVER know what is inside.

I do want to thank King Pin Games....they were very cool and nice group of guys....

But......

I spent over 5.00 on just one of the claw games to try and get my Mario Stuff Toy....and everytime I had a hold of this freaking thing and it was lifted up.....The claw banged at the top and it fell.....EVERY FREAKING TIME.....IT FELL. I do it again....and again...I would get grip and it was lifted up....and then....BANG!!!!! The claw hit the top of the lift and Mario feel to the bottom.

I DID IT AGAIN.....AND AGAIN.....AND AGAIN...AND AGAIN....OVER $5.00.....then I gave up.

I WAS NOT GOING TO LET THAT MACHINE GET THE BEST OF ME...AFTER 11 TRIES @ 50 CENTS EACH....I KNEW TO STOP.

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def some weak shit in this game and the art on the standard is pathetic and no one disagrees.
Put F ing Wilder on the standard cab art for zero extra money and quit playing games.
The Wonkavator is a poor man's TSPP couch without the upper pf.
Okey dokey

I think they are intentionally making the art bad to ensure those disgusted by it will move to the LE.

#1242 5 years ago

Is the cabinet art on the SE a bloody joke? I would be ashamed putting that effort on a machine that otherwise looks and plays great. Stern destroys JJP on cabinet art by a mile. I guess that is the best art they could do with such a cheap machine. It is shameful and embarrassing, well played JJP!

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think they are intentionally making the art bad to ensure those disgusted by it will move to the LE.

ITS JUST LIKE THESE WONKA BARS.....ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

20190414_162004 (resized).jpg20190414_162004 (resized).jpg
#1244 5 years ago

ITS JUST LIKE THESE WONKA BARS.....ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!![quoted image]

I tell u what....That had to take some time to wrap these up like this....good job on doing it.

But still a conspiracy....Just like the Claw Machine.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you guys see Supreme? Now that is ridiculous. At least there is some art here! Who looks at the sides in a collection anyhow?

#1246 5 years ago

JJP has to lessen features on the SE for cost as well as ensuring they don’t cannibalize their own lineup.

Also for those saying it costs nothing to put KE artwork on SE is not necessarily the case. The artwork having Wilder may cost them more per machine for licensing reasons.

Food for thought.

#1247 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did you guys see Supreme? Now that is ridiculous. At least there is some art here! Who looks at the sides in a collection anyhow?

I kind of like the simplicity of that though - it matches the rest of it.

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Also for those saying it costs nothing to put KE artwork on SE is not necessarily the case. The artwork having Wilder may cost them more per machine for licensing reasons.
Food for thought.

Making art uniform around the cabinet doesn’t have to cost a thing other than a decision.

Plain Jane the whole thing or add art.
Pretty simple.

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You know it Delt. There are a whole lot of dummies that will take the bait.

Slim shady.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know it Delt. There are a whole lot of dummies that will take the bait.
Slim shady.

SE 4 life Tex!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.99
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/25?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.