824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Needs an Oompa Loompa mode
And where is the Chocolate river? Multiball or mini wizard.
Need a few more branches on that Code sheet up there please

Chocolate river and waterfall on side of cabinet.

I got a Wonkatania Mania mode and he sings the creepy song and yells just like the movie. It's great.

#1152 4 years ago

Defiantly looking forward to playing this one, luckily I know of a local place that has one on order already as well as a BKSoR

#1153 4 years ago

I want to play this game at Pinfest in a few weeks and feel sold on it. I hope I do. I love the film and was so excited. I can't get past the large everlasting gobstopper as the main toy, and the oompa loompa with the camera looks a bit underwhelming. Hopefully it all looks awesome in person. Hopefully I'll catch some of you guys there playing it and we can discuss it. I think a LE is in my future, but I'm definitely not dropping 12500 on a CE like I originally was willing to, as the cabinet and backglass artwork are awesome on the LE (though slightly inferior to the CE). I think the SE cabinet art is extremely underwhelming, almost as if JJP made the game cheaper for praises, but almost as if they want to hold it against you for getting a standard. Gene Wilder should be on the artwork of all of the game versions.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

With 5000 LE's being made, I'm in no hurry.

Me too, wait and see for Wonka.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I want to play this game at Pinfest in a few weeks and feel sold on it. I hope I do. I love the film and was so excited. I can't get past the large everlasting gobstopper as the main toy, and the oompa loompa with the camera looks a bit underwhelming. Hopefully it all looks awesome in person. Hopefully I'll catch some of you guys there playing it and we can discuss it. I think a LE is in my future, but I'm definitely not dropping 12500 on a CE like I originally was willing to, as the cabinet and backglass artwork are awesome on the LE (though slightly inferior to the CE). I think the SE cabinet art is extremely underwhelming, almost as if JJP made the game cheaper for praises, but almost as if they want to hold it against you for getting a standard. Gene Wilder should be on the artwork of all of the game versions.

Same here, going to wait for pinfest but I already know im going to move my deposit away from a CE if i pick one up. I guess i was hoping for a bit more for 13k.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me too, wait and see for Wonka.

I'm glad I ordered the JJP POTC LE last month. For the same price as the Wonka LE, it looks, to me, like the better buy.

#1157 4 years ago

I cracked and put in a deposit for an LE last night...I'm weak.

#1158 4 years ago

If the $7500 was shipped on credit card I would have already bought one, but at $8,000 I’m not as happy with the SE art and the LE I’m not sure is worth the $1500 to me personally.

Now, I had $12,500 set aside for a CE but Wonka just doesn’t SEEM to live up to the pre release hype so I adjusted my budget accordingly.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I guess I am in the minority but this looks amazing to me!!

The ramps look great, magnets all over the place, wonka vision is amazing, and the light show is mesmerizing. My concern is how often the gob stopper spins. I know that there is concern about the lack of call outs, but JJP has proven that it will be fixed.

Looking forward to owning this one day.

#1160 4 years ago

I’ll need to play it before deciding on buying. There seems to be a lot to do but I was hoping for more toys and less light, they went a bit out of control on the light show (it even makes me wonder if they shouldnt show an epilepsy warning on that one)

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I guess I am in the minority but this looks amazing to me!!
The ramps look great, magnets all over the place, wonka vision is amazing, and the light show is mesmerizing. My concern is how often the gob stopper spins. I know that there is concern about the lack of call outs, but JJP has proven that it will be fixed.
Looking forward to owning this one day.

You're not in the minority, this is just how pinside copes with a reveal. Same people will be back to gushing about how good the game is in about 2 weeks.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Defiantly looking forward to playing this one, luckily I know of a local place that has one on order already as well as a BKSoR

I’m sure a lot of people are defiant about this title

All in fun, but I’m sure that’s not what you meant

#1163 4 years ago

I plan to buy a standard Wonka but am curious. Oh my! For those announcing or planning to buy an LE instead of standard, was Wonkavator the deciding factor? something else?

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

If the $7500 was shipped on credit card I would have already bought one, but at $8,000 I’m not as happy with the SE art and the LE I’m not sure is worth the $1500 to me personally.
Now, I had $12,500 set aside for a CE but Wonka just doesn’t SEEM to live up to the pre release hype so I adjusted my budget accordingly.

Prices don’t include shipping? How much is shipping?
Thanks

#1165 4 years ago

#1166 4 years ago

How do they go from the Pirates CE topper which was amazing to what looks to be like the most simple uninspiring topper for Wonka CE?? Is it interactive at all or just lights up?

#1167 4 years ago

I think it would be smart for JJP to come out with an official plan of all of the fixes and enhancements that are to come before production begins.... currently there is a lot of unanswered questions. Surely they have read the posts.

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

How do they go from the Pirates CE topper which was amazing to what looks to be like the most simple uninspiring topper for Wonka CE?? Is it interactive at all or just lights up?

No one knows. They haven’t shown one yet other than a mock up in the flyer which may not be the final product.

#1169 4 years ago

I’m in for a standard

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For those announcing or planning to buy an LE instead of standard, was Wonkavator the deciding factor? something else?

I am considering both, and for me personally, the Wonkavator ball lock is the deciding factor. For others I am sure it is that plus the powder coating and art package as the Invisiglass, shaker and external sound control are easily added later.

My pins are all in a row and I can't see the sides of any of them, so I really don't care that much about side art. The backglass is a little boring on the SE with the lack of Gene, but Jjp backglasses are so small because of the big screen, that really doesn't bother me either. I like the look of powder coating, but I can live without it so it is not really a deciding factor for me.

So for me it comes down to the Wonkavator, which while cool, does not really seem like it gets used a lot and I just don't think it is worth the extra $ for me... so I am most likely in for a standard.

#1171 4 years ago

I plan to buy a standard Wonka but am curious. Oh my! For those announcing or planning to buy an LE instead of standard, was Wonkavator the deciding factor? something else?

I just think the le is the total package and the powder coat is really nice. I like all the extras it has

#1172 4 years ago

Art, Invisiglass, blue powder armor and wireforms, shaker, and wonkavator (having all game features).

#1173 4 years ago

What happened to colored balls? Maybe a surprise at time of production? Heard three rumors that colored balls were in and JJP was developing technology that could sense different colors. One rumor had the Gobstopper machine dispensing colored balls. Another tied colored ball to each kid. Final one had colored balls that were automatically lit from inside for giving players the ultimate mindf*@k. Post reveal - there is no mention of colored balls? Podcaster should ask Pat if they are still to be expected or have they been removed.

#1174 4 years ago

What happened to colored balls? Maybe a surprise at time of production? Heard three rumors that colored balls were in and JJP was developing technology that could sense different colors. One rumor had the Gobstopper machine dispensing colored balls. Another tied a colored to each kid. Final one had colored balls lit from inside and this being the ultimate mindf*@k. Post reveal - there is no mention of colored balls? Podcaster should ask Pat if they were in and are now removed.

Or it was just a baseless rumor with no real truth behind it.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

good for you JJP is doing it. It's hard to have exceeded expectations because they were too high so initially it looked a little let down. But overall I think this will be another home run. My problem with a lot of other guys is that I've been adding pins at such a clip can not buy them all. Just this past 2 years for me have bought Woz, DI, AFM (all three LE) and TNA. I was going to sell something like Tron or STLE but can't quit them either so I am just going to sit still for a while but I wish I could buy this one.

I have had success waiting and see most of my pins after they have been out 1-3 years. My only buy on announcement has been XMLE (without playing) but that was when my collection was just 4 pins total.

Great week for pinball.

#1176 4 years ago

Several quotes from TWIP article or a distributor:

1. Please note: artwork and inserts will be slightly different on production machines.
2. Jersey Jack plans to have games in customer homes within 60 days.
3. Production will start with Standard Edition games, then a run of Limited Edition games, then the Collector’s Edition games. After all the Collector’s Edition games are built, more Limited Editions and Standards will be built.
4. LE adds to SE:
- Limited to 5,000
- Sparkle Blue cabinet armor, legs and wireforms
- Exclusive cabinet artwork and backglass
- High gloss UV ink decals
- Wonkavator Super Ball Lock
- Numbered LE plaque
- External sound control
- Shaker motor
- INVISIGLASS
5. CE adds to LE:
- Limited to 500
- Candy Red cabinet armor, legs and wireforms
- Exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle
- Exclusive cabinet artwork and mirrored backglass
- Exclusive apron artwork
- 3D Wonkatania lit topper
- Everlasting Gobstopper shooter knob
- Red “Most Secret Machine”
- Numbered brass CE plaque
- RadCals
- PinBlades
- Laser-cut rule card
- Apron plate signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi
- More surprises

#2 may mean the start of shipping? I wouldn't take that as all WONKA pins everyone has ordered will be delivered within 60 days.

On the CE, I'm not sure what it mean by the "Red 'Most Secret Machine'" or what the "More surprises" will be.

#1177 4 years ago

I'm ok with the red on CE but kinda wished they would have went gold

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I'm ok with the red on CE but kinda wished they would have went gold

Gold would have been cool. I could see gold foil tickets on the cabinet sides, too.

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta love ole Jack from Jersey!
From $7500 to the $12500 vanity pin.
Designed to extract $$ from dummies like myself
Richie is a no brainer #12 but man, I see what you did there Jack
Will I stick with my CE? Let’s see how it comes along. I’m certainly dumb enough

Wait!!!!

Oh yeah...I am #12 CE -- Nevermind.

Been a stressful week .....Had to go that extra mile to get the #12 CE. Joe is or was takings bids...All I can say that I turned in my secret bid and Joe accepted it...Lmao.

I am in no matter what...Just wished the CE Model was complete to be seen. I would have waited maybe till Allenfest to show it all. Maybe they still will and take the updated version. to the show.

#1180 4 years ago

Played it at flip frenzy in France.

Shoots really well but seems slow to me, the shot left of the gobstopper is super satisfying and the right upper flipper works better than I thought it would. Bottom end is just like dialled in so side to side and your screwed, needs code, needs music, needs more speed in the game. The game that I played had CE artwork with LE armour and looked great. I have huge respect for Pat Lawlor but none of his games really grab me and this is no different, its like a more interesting Hobbit and a more flowy dialed in mixed together. I don't think its some saviour all time kill the pinball world game though.

Neil.

#1181 4 years ago

Just put a deposit down on the CE. I've wanted a WOZ, but haven't bought one and I'm not digging the new Yellow Teeth Edition since the Flying Monkey is gone. As a kid, I liked Willy Wonka more than the Wizard of Oz because Gene Wilder appealed to my inner smart alec. Still does. So maybe there won't be a WOZ in my future, especially if JJP produces a Toy Story pin.

Wife will find out about the new WW when the box is sitting in the foyer later this summer.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Shoots really well but seems slow to me

JJP pins at shows are like that. Get it home, raise the angle, give the flippers a little more power in the settings, and your are golden.

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

JJP pins at shows are like that. Get it home, raise the angle, give the flippers a little more power in the settings, and your are golden.

Yep everytime over the past 5 years I've played a jjp pin the flippers were weak at shows.

#1184 4 years ago

I've never owned a JJP. Can someone answer, does the LE blue powder coating include the entire ramps wires? I'm assuming that is what wireworms mean. Also, the external volume control feature, if going with standard does that mean you cannot control volume easily, like sterns where you just open the coin door and go up or down? Lastly, where can shaker motors for JJP be purchased?

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've never owned a JJP. Can someone answer, does the LE blue powder coating include the entire ramps wires? I'm assuming that is what wireworms mean. Also, the external volume control feature, if going with standard does that mean you cannot control volume easily, like sterns where you just open the coin door and go up or down? Lastly, where can shaker motors for JJP be purchased?

Yes wireforns are powder coated ... standard will have stainless. You will be able to control the volume inside the coindoor like usual. Im not sure about jjp shakers but in assume jjp or your disrto will have them for purchase

#1186 4 years ago

Keep in mind that a lot can be done with lighting. I’m hopeful that JJ will create some dark and scary modes in WW just like in the movie. If they don’t do some dark stuff with Slugworth and the psychedelic river tide, they are missing the boat.

#1187 4 years ago

Does anyone know if JJP is still putting a jack for a subwoofer on the back of their games? Specifically, will Wonka have one?

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Does anyone know if JJP is still putting a jack for a subwoofer on the back of their games? Specifically, will Wonka have one?

It went away with di...

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep everytime over the past 5 years I've played a jjp pin the flippers were weak at shows.

I hope you are reading this Joe @ PinballStar!

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

what... the.... hell.... is going on here? [quoted image][quoted image]

There's a lot of things to like in WONKA, but I do not like the match screen graphics. I think what makes more sense is you see a graphic of a Wonka bar torn, unwrapped and it reveals a ticket that shows a 2-digit number to match to. But please...do not give me some super flexible, oompa lumpa acrobats trying to do their best YMCA impression. Ugh.

EDIT: An oompa lumpa could've even wheel barreled a couple numbers, tripped and two numbers fall out...(ala Thing in TAF)...but geez.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I hope you are reading this Joe @ PinballStar!

Not anyone's fault.. its just how they are at shows.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not anyone's fault.. its just how they are at shows.

He knows I’m messing with him but the power does need to be turned up at the shows. Can’t hardly hit the ramp shots. They are there to sell games right? The pins need to play well. Just my thoughts.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He knows I’m messing with him but the power does need to be turned up at the shows. Can’t hardly hit the ramp shots. They are there to sell games right? The pins need to play well. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, I’ve never understood that — why they don’t make them a bit more zippy at the shows. I play them and then try to imagine what they would be like to play with a little more power to see if I want to make a purchase. I often feel hesitant because I can’t get a good feel for the game and have to use my imagination.

#1194 4 years ago

Power is usually low at shows and most companies don’t adjust for low power.
They should.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, I’ve never understood that — why they don’t make them a bit more zippy at the shows. I play them and then try to imagine what they would be like to play with a little more power to see if I want to make a purchase. I often feel hesitant because I can’t get a good feel for the game and have to use my imagination.

#1195 4 years ago

I think that the flipper power is set low to protect the precious few prototypes that are driving orders at shows. Without them, sales become a lot tougher to close. Most of us understand that the flippers are not set to maximum power and that we can increase them all we want once we get ours delivered. The prototypes are like gold to any manufacturer. Reliability on WONKA looks great so far, as I never saw one out of service at MGC.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Exactly.

#1197 4 years ago

So I'm in.... On a standard... At some point which will likely be day 1. Looks like a better themed DI. We'll see.

Will be a hold over until gnr

#1198 4 years ago

Are the only differences in play fields the wonkavator? IF SE is missing inserts/lighting that would push me to an LE.

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are the only differences in play fields the wonkavator? IF SE is missing inserts/lighting that would push me to an LE.

The back left corner is very different... Screenshot_20190413-223524_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-223524_YouTube (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

JJP makes great games, but their toppers are crap.....the only topper that was interesting was the POTC CE model....other than that their just plastic with LED lighting .....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.