824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.
#1001 4 years ago

Is the sinking playfield only on the CE model?

#1002 4 years ago

I love JJP, and I think this game looks super fun. I was about 65% sure I'd buy it if it was good, and 100% sure if it was epic. For me, It's good, but not epic. I was hoping for crazy innovation. I'm pretty disappointed in the LCD compared to Hobbit and DI. Maybe this will improve.

Like BKSR, I'll have to play this one to see, but it's looking like this will be a location player for me.

#1003 4 years ago

Black Knight looking pretty good right about now

#1004 4 years ago

Judge Dredd and the chocolate factory? Haha. Looks fun as hell.

#1005 4 years ago

Man...This guy on the stream is going to town on one hell of a sandwich...

MVIMG_20190412_220409 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190412_220409 (resized).jpg
#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks amazing!

Play it for us please...

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM World Exclusive: Willy Wonka Pinball

This is only 1000% better introduction than a Jack Danger stream or IGN article.

Great production! I now know everything about the game that I want to know!

#1008 4 years ago

Looks amazing.. so much going on and great flow and shots. And the lighting ... wow..

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

[quoted image]

Damn, get him some fizzy

#1010 4 years ago

Game looks amazing!

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Game looks amazing!

Agreed .. so much going on...

#1012 4 years ago

Not feeling it yet. Hope I’ll come around. This is the first reveal I’ve ever bothered to watch. I was amped to be blown away.

#1013 4 years ago

Looks fast but I'm a little sad...great title and designer but a little uninspired. The mystery machine toy idea has been done before on CV but even better, The captive ball is FGY, the ball lock is TSPP, wonka vision is eh...no toy, upper flipper like monopoly. Man we all had high hopes but I think it's a cost cutting measure game. WOZ such a more creative design but now cutting ybr woz...sounds like stern move 5yrs ago with their games. wanted to be my first nib but now...what happened can it get better with revisions? This is only my opinion but I love toy mechanics on games and feeling like they were skipped on this one which had sooo many possibilities!!!!

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:No headphone jacks on any versions.

Oh. Ok.

20190412_202627 (resized).jpg20190412_202627 (resized).jpg
#1015 4 years ago

I'm sort of let down after all the hype, which I should of expected.
Nothing that is this hyped up ever lives up to it.

Unless that's one amazing topper, I may downgrade to an LE

I sort of expected some sort of crazy mech I would of never thought of, a hole that opens up for multi-ball is not.
Still have to see it in person and flip it. It looks really good, just did not blow me over.

Woz knocked me off my feet when I first saw it, Hobbit a talking dragon, Pirates had the incredible upper playfield, DI had some cool toys

#1016 4 years ago

After watching more of it I still think it's impressive but not the game changer people were hyping. I also agree the open hole for lock is nothing to write home about but I'm still digging it. Pirates LE I think is personally more impressive toy wise but I like this theme more.

#1017 4 years ago

Looks fun to shoot, I like the layout. I think the $7500 version is a reasonable value in today's pin market given what is on the machine, dropping $1000 from their lowest price point should bring in lots of new customers, definitely got my attention and makes them more competitive.

Unfortunately not a Wonka movie fan at all. Vaguely remember watching the movie around 40 years ago. No moments of nostalgia for me so really don't see myself ever buying one and am not really excited about it, don't get the crazy hype. Looking forward to playing one sometime though.

I hope JJP can stick to their 60 days until shipping promise and sell a lot of Wonka. I really want them to survive to release Toy Story. My whole family loves those movies.

#1019 4 years ago

I think JJP and Pat knocked it out of the park. I love the layout...so creative, so many shots. The flow and combos are really cool. It has that Lawler magic to it for sure.

I'll be getting an LE.

#1020 4 years ago

Looks great! I'm in for an LE ... eventually!

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks amazing.. so much going on and great flow and shots. And the lighting ... wow..

The lighting is amazing!!!

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think JJP and Pat knocked it out of the park. I love the layout...so creative, so many shots. The flow and combos are really cool. It has that Lawler magic to it for sure.
I'll be getting an LE.

It is really unique and looks like a blast .. so much going on

#1023 4 years ago

Did i just hear 8 magnets? Holy shit

#1024 4 years ago

I love the stern fan boys saying there's nothing on the playfield... lmao . Stern skimped on a kickback coil on all models . Id like to see a list of everything Wonka has
..wow

#1025 4 years ago

The flow looks awesome, there's much I dig about this design; the lights, the magnet stop left flipper, the elevator, real kick back, 4 flippers. I also love games that make sense and are fun for all ages/skills, which pretty much describes my family and friends. In for an LE.

#1026 4 years ago

In for a CE...my favorite number is 12, but I know that ain't happening...

#1028 4 years ago

Glad to see this thread is more positive than the other one. I love the way Pat Lawlor designs pinball machines. So much thought put into everything.

#1029 4 years ago

If THIS had been JJP's first pin, I would've been an owner. That's a shame. I like the layout and the actual use of upper flippers. The upper right ramp reminds me of the tower shot in Dredd, which I like. Good on them for dropping the price. It's still super hard to compete with Stern, but this is a step in the right direction, and maybe now I can give the ol' "JACK'ing up the prices" thing a rest. For now.

#1030 4 years ago

does the standard version have the gobstopper hole device?

very cool machine

#1031 4 years ago

Yes
The standard does not have the wonkavator physical ball lock

#1032 4 years ago

All three versions have different cabinet art

#1033 4 years ago

I really like what I see so far one thing I would like to see more of is movie clips on the LCD and the Oompa loompa song haven't heard it yet in the game.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes
The standard does not have the wonkavator physical ball lock

bummer, funny that they want to target operators and attract players with a cool gadget and then remove from the operator level machine ???

thanks for letting me know

#1035 4 years ago

To be honest. I watched 90 minutes of stream and no one except Keith could lock a ball up there in the wonkavator.... I think that the standard will be juuuuuust fine

#1036 4 years ago

They said on the stream you can factory upgrade to rad cals on any model... hmmm.

#1037 4 years ago

The standard decals are quite cheesy...

#1038 4 years ago

I'm mildly interested - but in no hurry.
I'll just wait until the third special edition which will run in about 6yrs time.
No; seriously... I have no sense of urgency to get in on the hype train for this one given the manufacturer.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I think that the standard will be juuuuuust fine

Agreed. There's a ton of game in all versions, this is a value packed base model.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

[quoted image]

OMG, we laughed our asses off reading your comment. Well said my man, well played!
I wonder if he caught any content about the new pinball machine in front of him. LOL

#1041 4 years ago

oh my mistake

the wonkavator doesn't look like a big lose I was talking about the gobstopper hole when the plate rotates around - with the bash target above it, if that is in the standard then cool

#1042 4 years ago

I want to love this pin, but based on the stream, I think the music would wear on me over time. JJP games seem to give me ADD. Way too much going on and I don't think the music helps. It's a bit all over the place, especially for home use.
I thought there were songs from the movie. Either way, I hope they'll have more callouts.

#1043 4 years ago

Standard the clear logical choice stripping away the nice to have considering it's 2k less than le. I always made fun of standards but with this price change I think it's a no brainer. Physical lock loss is ok with me

Gobstopper is in standard.

Def needs more music variety agreed. Audio in general needs to be touched up but they said it will

#1044 4 years ago

I think the standard is a good deal for everything it offers... im still in on the le bc i like the extras .

#1045 4 years ago

Who did the music, I am not impressed , very redundant and all this talk of assets isn’t evident. Someone posted a 30 second video of a plan for a home brew that had a better score. Allowing music to play without the sound effects drowning each other out needs addressed.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Someone posted a 30 second video of a plan for a home brew that had a better score.

Would love a link if you have it

#1047 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool but it might be a bit too happy and jolly for me. Great classic movie but I'm not sure if I could continuously listen to this.

#1048 4 years ago

No rush for the LE’s at 5000 units.

And they’ll be doing well to sell 500 Ce’s.

Definitely going to wait to play on this......which is how it should be.

#1049 4 years ago

Where's the incredible interactive toy that the community demands from ....every ....single....Stern release ? A spinning gobstopper ? That it ? Did I miss something?

Not for me.
Cab art is cheap.

Sound would drive me insane, already was in stream, both the " my fair lady" stageshow music and the maniacal Wonka callouts.
Flow looks good.

Happy for people that want it though, enjoy.

#1050 4 years ago

Kanada hype was way over the top, game looks good not awesome. Looking forward to trying it but I won't be buying it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/21?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.