824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 46.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

i love dile and wonka is even better bc of the theme and the way jjp does video/sound

100 percent - and they don't half ass the code either. JJP pins are pretty darn special.

Still like shooting BW and Stern, but JJP has it's own style as well - and it is a good one.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

JJP: Hobbit and POTC...Jesus, could you pick anything less inspiring and insipid? Everyone agreed the Hobbit trilogy was a bloated piece of suck, but JJP presses on. And POTC? It was tired 3 movies ago...this isn’t Rocket science people.

I'm really surprised that people think Hobbit and POTC are crappy themes/movies. I get the Hobbit movie weren't spectacular, but the canon of the books and movies is a great adventure to draw from. I can also understand that people want different things from pinball. In the case of the Hobbit it's a grand adventure to go on, not just a fast and furious melee of pinball ball action. If you like adventure-type pinball then I don't know that there is a better game than the Hobbit.

If you like the faster paced games, there are plenty, and maybe that is what you are getting at. If JJP got away from the "grand adventure" and produced something with a faster pace (i.e. Star Wars), perhaps that is what people want..?

Personally, I like JJPs "grand adventure" style. But, I also enjoy fast-paced action too. I can scratch the fast game itch with so many different games I don't worry about it.

Stern seems to have gone in the opposite direction of making much more simple games: Munsters and BKSOR for example. I can only speculate as to why, but my guess has to do with trying to release games with some working code and trying to catch up on their coding backlog. But, I digress. However, if you want simpler games that are faster there are other choices out there than JJP. I'd rather see JJP sick to grander things. But, perhaps, it would make sense for them to do something different and less "adventurey" to appeal to our fast-paced action desires..?

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

100 percent - and they don't half ass the code either. JJP pins are pretty darn special.
Still like shooting BW and Stern, but JJP has it's own style as well - and it is a good one.

Agreed.. jjp pins are special.. i love all pinball but some really stand out.

#854 4 years ago

I will say this. I loved my DI Standard and regret trading it away, but concerns over the loss of $$ value on a game you buy really confuse me. This is one of the best hobbies i’ve seen for return on investment (st least as of late, wasn’t around for hobby crashes of the past). Losing less than 10% of the item’s original value is amazing, especially how these machines get used.

Buying DI was my way to set a budget for my collection, and since having bought and sold half a dozen games with just that initial investment in DI. Now, both the wife and I are interested in the hobby, so we can invest a little more $ into it, and therefore another JJP game.

I’m in for a Wonka a Standard and can’t wait for both this game, and if/when we see Toy story in the future because that is absolutely a wonderful theme, style and great fit for a JJP pin.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Someone mentioned backhanded... glad I’m not the only one seeing it! Anyways.... I wasn’t nutso over the Wonka title but man have I came around - now it’s like Christmas Eve waiting for this. My wife heard Kanedas podcast and now she’s all excited to get it.... we’re in!

Ya. I heard from a distro. That the std. will be significantly cheaper...thinking of buying one off eBay with paypal credit to hide the purchase from my master, then have it delivered to my shop she never goes in. Then sell crap I don’t need to pay it off...then move it in the house on Christmas. Surprise!

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ya. I heard from a distro. That the std. will be significantly cheaper...thinking of buying one off eBay with paypal credit to hide the purchase from my master, then have it delivered to my shop she never goes in. Then sell crap I don’t need to pay it off...then move it in the house on Christmas. Surprise!

Uh, well that is one way to do it I guess

#857 4 years ago

I don't get all the Johnny Depp hate. His portrayal of Jack Sparrow was awesome along with just about everything else he's done with Tim Burton. The guy personally is a weirdo, but so is most of Hollywood and music. Roald Dahl's family has said that Depp and Burton's version was closer to the book and they hated the original. I get that people like the original better, but there's room for both definitely. It blows my mind that people don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies just because they don't like Depp.

#858 4 years ago

Brilliant!!

#859 4 years ago

I am on the way up...GOT MY SIGN.....lol

20190412_105744 (resized).jpg20190412_105744 (resized).jpg20190412_105754 (resized).jpg20190412_105754 (resized).jpg
#860 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So WONKA VISION is a given, should be really cool.
I forgot how they did that horrible DI announcement of "as many orders up to December 31"
That's what Jack is gonna do here, "as many orders by X date up to 500"

Would be cool if camera photos player, 'captures' them and then they appear on a screen on the playfield

#862 4 years ago

Am I the only sicko who is thinking of something else...?

BF7796DD-BA4C-483B-A5F6-1C13E5996028 (resized).pngBF7796DD-BA4C-483B-A5F6-1C13E5996028 (resized).png
#863 4 years ago

Absolutely Amazing!

#864 4 years ago

People wanting the standard bc its gonna b cheaper sld wait for the revealing. It's missing some things that i think many will want ... so just wait before you settle on the standard version

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I don't get all the Johnny Depp hate. Roald Dahl's family has said that Depp and Burton's version was closer to the book and they hated the original. I get that people like the original better, but there's room for both definitely. It blows my mind that people don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies just because they don't like Depp.

Amen! But I'd bet dollars to donuts it's going to be based off the original as it's an iconic movie where as Depps movie isn't. I wish it was Depps version though. Too bad JJP didn't offer a reskin and satsify both parties

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Amen! But I'd bet dollars to donuts it's going to be based off the original as it's an iconic movie where as Depps movie isn't. I wish it was Depps version though. Too bad JJP didn't offer a reskin and satsify both parties

I'm sure someone will come up with a mod for that.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

As it should be really, from the asset acquisition to the size of the fan base. I'm just saying that both movies are good in their own way, yet you mention the new one and people scoff and act like it was a turd. It really wasn't. Then it immediately turns into a tangent on Depp's face being on Pirates and then I'm completely lost.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

People wanting the standard bc its gonna b cheaper sld wait for the revealing. It's missing some things that i think many will want ... so just wait before you settle on the standard version

People wanted any version should wait till it's revealed. There isn't any real reason to buy sight unseen from JJP. Except wanting it shipped sooner then later.
But as must pins go, I'd rather wait till the first couple hundred are shipped to see if any problems arise.

As far as wanting the cheapest version. Hopefully it only has cosmetic differences and other things like no shaker motor, Invisa glass, powder coat trim, less RGB lighting, no topper and different artwork. I'm fine without all of the above but would just get a shaker motor added.

#869 4 years ago

At $12,500, I need JJP to throw in an Oompa Loompa to help deliver, install, and level the game.

#870 4 years ago

I don't get all the Johnny Depp hate. His portrayal of Jack Sparrow was awesome along with just about everything else he's done with Tim Burton. The guy personally is a weirdo, but so is most of Hollywood and music. Roald Dahl's family has said that Depp and Burton's version was closer to the book and they hated the original. I get that people like the original better, but there's room for both definitely. It blows my mind that people don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies just because they don't like Depp.

Aside from the fact that he is a typical Hollywood DOPE?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/movies/amber-heard-details-alleged-abuse-johnny-depp/amp/

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Aside from the fact that he is a typical Hollywood liberal DOPE?

Can we leave political attacks out of our pinball fun?

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can we leave political attacks out of our pinball fun?

Just for you I removed the word and just left it at Hollywood dope and would like to add dumber than a bag of rocks !

Back to Wonka excitement, the NON pos Depp version

#874 4 years ago

Next time hit edit versus quote!

#875 4 years ago

Wonka Vision

#876 4 years ago

I’d remove the whole thing. It’s all off topic. Political and allegations and whatever.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’d remove the whole thing. It’s all off topic. Political and allegations and whatever.

NO it’s not. He asked. I answered and Depp was Potc and did a Wonka version.

Get it?

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Repeatedly hit her, ripped out her hair and beat her

Quoted from iceman44:

Aside from the fact that he is a typical Hollywood liberal DOPE?

One could argue that Clint Eastwood is no saint either.

I think most will agree that Gene Wilder was the man.

#879 4 years ago

Im thinking subway for wonka vision along with the camera / screen trick. I like subways.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

At $12,500, I need JJP to throw in an Oompa Loompa to help deliver, install, and level the game.

If it is as heavy as other JJP pins, and it certainly will be, you will need several Oompas.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

One could argue that Clint Eastwood is no saint either.
I think most will agree that Gene Wilder was the man.

He didn’t play Wonka? Depp did

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Stern seems to have gone in the opposite direction of making much more simple games: Munsters and BKSOR for example. .....

Simple? Have you played IMDN or watched Stern's 2.5 hour stream.
This game is deep, I don't think I will ever figure it out 100%

#883 4 years ago

Be sure to Cliffy your game if you are buying one! Lol

Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect Cliffy for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when don't protect your game
Playing as much as a kid with free credits plays
What are you at, getting terribly lax
What do you think will come to your playfield if you do that
I don't like the look of it
Oompa loompa doompety da
If you protect your game, you will go far
Your game will live in happiness too
Like the Cliffy Oompa Loompa Doompety do
Doompety do

#884 4 years ago

It blows my mind that people don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies just because they don't like Depp.

Definitely not Depp's fault those movies sucked.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Definitely not Depp's fault those movies sucked.

Well, the first 3 were great anyway. I own the machine and haven't watched the last two yet.

I'm admittedly easily entertained though. I even liked the third Batman movie with Bane.....

#886 4 years ago

Who will be doing the code on Wonka? Same guys as DI!?

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Jack should do the cane walk and tumble at reveal.

All of his previous cartwheels have been preparing for that moment.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who will be doing the code on Wonka? Same guys as DI!?

Kaneda mentioned that Keith Johnson isn't on Wonka but rather Joe Katz, he originally said Keith. but then corrected himself later. I thought Ted Estes would have been the lead as his last game as a lead was Dialed In. All 3 might be working on the game in some capacity, Keith might be working on Pirates for longer and then on to #6, guess we will find out more tonight.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda said Keith Johnson isn't on Wonka but rather Joe Katz. I thought Ted Estes would have been the lead as his last game as a lead was Dialed In. All 3 might be working on the game in some capacity, Keith might be working on Pirates for longer and then on to #6, guess we will find out more tonight.

For me, whenever Keith or Lyman aren’t on the code you aren’t getting the best

I have no idea who Joe Katz is but hopefully the whole team over is working on it

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well i think a lot of people, including myself, have been waiting a long time for JJP to put the whole package together, theme, art, layout/design, code etc.
If Wonka is it, they have a GRAND SLAM on their hands and followed up by Toy Story.
This could be the year of JJP.

I think Toy Story would be much more successful due to the theme. I have four kids, younger and all four are luke warm on Willy Wonka as a theme compared to Toy Story... Toy Story could be massive for JJP. Looking forward to the WW reveal!

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oompa loompa doompety da
Doompety do

He won’t have them for quite a while I think.

#892 4 years ago

Joe Katz is a valuable guy who posts here sometimes and appears on the live streams. He's a great guy too. He and Ted and to a lesser extent everybody else are contributing to the game.

#893 4 years ago

There’s a new beer in Texas.

577D9E2D-4AE8-4DF1-967F-1AC38CCCBE72 (resized).jpeg577D9E2D-4AE8-4DF1-967F-1AC38CCCBE72 (resized).jpegC0714E27-E9AC-4B61-8DBB-635B1637D6FE (resized).jpegC0714E27-E9AC-4B61-8DBB-635B1637D6FE (resized).jpeg
#894 4 years ago

E20BF96C-2469-40B0-AF54-130CF020ABB4 (resized).jpegE20BF96C-2469-40B0-AF54-130CF020ABB4 (resized).jpeg
#895 4 years ago

I can't wait for WONKA and I'm in for a CE. I think it will be a hit like WOZ for sure.

However, I think JJP could have a folllow-up grand slam if they did Jumanji (Robin Williams version), with full access rights. This theme would give the nostalgia, magic, adventure, fast play, and a ton of different ideas for innovation and depth. I think that would be the ultimate follow up to WONKA.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Joe Katz is a valuable guy who posts here sometimes and appears on the live streams. He's a great guy too. He and Ted and to a lesser extent everybody else are contributing to the game.

Yeah I would think that all of Jjp’s team of coders have a good deal of input on the rule set. I think this is a great strength of Jjp to have arguably some of the best coders in the business making their games so good. That’s a comforting thought.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yeah I would think that all of Jjp’s team of coders have a good deal of input on the rule set. I think this is a great strength of Jjp to have arguably some of the best coders in the business making their games so good. That’s a comforting thought.

Yeah, all of JJP's programmers seem to help out with all titles. Hobbit is a good example. Keith Jonhson is the lead but Ted Estes did a lot of code work for the games last few updates.

Joe Katz has done a ton of great coding work for JJP so if he's the lead on Wonka the code is in good hands.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oompa loompa doompety da
Doompety do

Everyone stop posting now, nothing you have to say will be more important than this.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oompa loompa doompety da
Doompety do

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Everyone stop posting now, nothing you have to say will be more important than this.

Seriously could be on Cliffy's web site.

FYI: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/18?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.