824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 46.
#801 5 years ago

If there is a pf embedded LCD I'm in. Wonka vision even better haha

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This pretty much sums up Lazy AF deadbeat grandpa.

Imagine how bad the grandparents' room must've smelled. Those poor bedridden souls ate cabbage and ripped Dutch Ovens 24/7.
No wonder Grandpa Joe got up and bailed out with Charlie.

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

On a side note -- If anyone really wants a Bobble Head and promise to not abuse him and try to kill him or use it for shooting practice - PM me and I will put you on a list - I am going to place my order for some more and willing to give some out to those that like the Richie Wrench Character.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sinistarrett & LTG -- I have you both down for a Bobbleheads - Please don't blow off his head. LOL

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Imagine how bad the grandparents' room must've smelled. Those poor bedridden souls ate cabbage and ripped Dutch Ovens 24/7.
No wonder Grandpa Joe got up and bailed out with Charlie.

Probably better than this airplane I just boarded. Milwaukee bound! Woo!!

#806 5 years ago

On our way to MGC - We are ready to take your orders !

Do you want to get our email blast with all the info, pics, and ordering info as soon as it’s available live from MGC...

Email Joe at [email protected] to get on our interested list and get our email tonight !

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

On our way to MGC - We are ready to take your orders !
Do you want to get our email blast with all the info, pics, and ordering info as soon as it’s available live from MGC...
Email Joe at [email protected] to get on our interested list and get our email tonight !

Pssst Joe.....Am I still in the "Circle of Trust"

#808 5 years ago

It became known to me yesterday, that this machine apparently is NOT based on Tim Burtons movie... thats very unfortunate, why would you not have the classic charlie portraid by Michael Ja...I mean Johnny Depp, so much better than the old one

Oh well.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

It became known to me yesterday, that this machine apparently is NOT based on Tim Burtons movie... thats very unfortunate, why would you not have the classic charlie portraid by Michael Ja...I mean Johnny Depp, so much better than the old one
Oh well.

You may be only person in the world that feels this way.

#810 5 years ago

My daughter and I are headed to MGC from Boston right now to play the game in person tonight. Part of the story’s magic is anticipation and having faith, so we’re excited about the journey and know it’s only a pinball machine.

Once WONKA is unveiled, Pinside will have it’s fair share naysayers, fanboys, complainers, and people who just simply enjoy playing the game.

We’ve got a deposit on a CE, but like many have suggested, won’t spend that kind of cake without trying it out first.

I’ll post initial thoughts after we give it a whirl tonight!

#811 5 years ago

I’m in for an LE. This is going to be epic!

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Pssst Joe.....Am I still in the "Circle of Trust"

Only if you show up in that Richie costume like you did at expo.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've never understood why JJP even calls it an "LE".
That's probably what I'll end up with though.
There is nothing "collectible" about 500 games i don't care what the title is, especially at $12,500.
However, i still can't see them selling more than 200-300 CE's anyhow.

Agree, at $12,500 JJP risks buyers losing a good amount in resale value if they go to sell the game as like you said how many people are going to buy $12,500 pinball machines. For Dialed In CE JJP JJP sold as many as orders placed by December 2016. I don't think that was a good idea as what happened if 300 or 400 sold? That didn't happen and the CE edition of Dialed In appears very rare, I've only seen one posted for sale, maybe less then 100 were made. For Pirates CE JJP limited the count to 200 and there's been rumors that due to production stopping only 50-100 were made. Even 200 was pushing it. 500 though just seems crazy. At those counts there's more likelihood of a bigger hit on depreciation.

It just sucks overall that the real limited editions are now the CE's @ $12,500, the LE's are pretty much premiums if their counts are not reasonably limited, and the standard is the pro model.

DI CE

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Pirates CE

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've never understood why JJP even calls it an "LE".
That's probably what I'll end up with though.
There is nothing "collectible" about 500 games i don't care what the title is, especially at $12,500.
However, i still can't see them selling more than 200-300 CE's anyhow.

I've said before, these companies should just have 3 levels of games without any limited quantity editions.
I don't "collect" pinballs, I buy them as toys and if I want a CE it's becuase of the features/art/extras I am getting for the extra cash, I couldn't care any less about the number made.
Don't care if I have the only one or 1,000 others have the same one. I also don't care about resale value. If I buy a game, keep it for years and play the hell out of it, it doesn't owe much. How much did your $35,000 Honda depreciate after 3 years? If you are worried about resale value before you even buy it, maybe you are spending too much money.

Stern and JJP should just sell as many as they can of each edition

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Oh well.

It’s Willy wonka pinball, the title of the original movie.
It would be called Charlie and chocolate factory pinball of it was based on the tim burton movie or book.

#816 5 years ago

Or Roald Dahl book.

#817 5 years ago

Ok guys, please post any leaks from the show. Let’s summarize what we all know already:

Depp version: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
Oompah Loompah CE, all orange everything, art and hardware, right down to the powdered coin door.
500 CE’s, each one labeled #12. Kaneda confirmed for first one off the line.

What did I miss?

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ok guys, please post any leaks from the show. Let’s summarize what we all know already:
Oompah Loompah CE, all orange everything, art and hardware, right down to the powdered coin door.
What did I miss?

Everything

#819 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the standard edition!

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What did I miss?

Richie buying all 500 CEs and setting fire to 499 so he's got the only #12.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I've said before, these companies should just have 3 levels of games without any limited quantity editions.
I don't "collect" pinballs, I buy them as toys and if I want a CE it's becuase of the features/art/extras I am getting for the extra cash, I couldn't care any less about the number made.
Don't care if I have the only one or 1,000 others have the same one. I also don't care about resale value. If I buy a game, keep it for years and play the hell out of it, it doesn't owe much. How much did your $35,000 Honda depreciate after 3 years? If you are worried about resale value before you even buy it, maybe you are spending too much money.
Stern and JJP should just sell as many as they can of each edition

This is a great post. Isn't the reason we buy a pinball machine to play and enjoy it? If I find the fun factor at $5k or $12.5k, I'll buy it. I don't care how many the company makes of them. I do care about the company though as I want to be sure that I can get support & parts.

Ironic from this post is the reference to a $35k Honda. That's about what my 2017 CRV Touring cost and it's probably only worth about $20k now after 2+ years. That's a $15k drop. I'm already ahead if we get a WONKA CE and the value drops to $0... WONKA is for my wife so it won't be sold anyway.

#822 5 years ago

Wonder how many will be at mgc to play

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Only if you show up in that Richie costume like you did at expo.

LMAO

Richie will be back at Expo this year but not at Midwest.....Sorry

#824 5 years ago

Really looking forward to tonight. I really hadn't been following any of these threads until recently. I have never heard the type of praise and hype like this before from those that have seen it.

Could be a great night for pinball.

#825 5 years ago

When is the reveal? Will it be streamed?

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

When is the reveal? Will it be streamed?

IMG_20190412_231450 (resized).jpgIMG_20190412_231450 (resized).jpg
#827 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

That's about what my 2017 CRV Touring cost and it's probably only worth about $20k now after 2+ years. That's a $15k drop. I'm already ahead if we get a WONKA CE and the value drops to $0... WONKA is for my wife so it won't be sold anyway.

How much would your Honda be worth if they only made 200 of them

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How much would your Honda be worth if they only made 200 of them

$20,001 ... or whatever what someone was willing to pay for it.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You may be only person in the world that feels this way.

Not true. I watched both movies back to back this week and the new one is actually very good and would also be a very good pin. Music in the new one is better.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Not true. I watched both movies back to back this week and the new one is actually very good and would also be a very good pin. Music in the new one is better.

possibly, but who wants Depp on their machine

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

possibly, but who wants Depp on their machine

Its why i didnt buy a Pirates!

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It's why I ordered a pirates CE

#833 5 years ago

Do we know which model(s) of WONKA will be there tonight for game play stream?

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If POTC played movie clips with him, I would never have given the game a second look. The artwork with him on it really isn't that bad. I can overlook that for an awesome game. Movie clips...no.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Wonder how many will be at mgc to play

6 or 7, I believe.

#836 5 years ago

Awesome Friday. Going to have the Masters on all day then watch some Wonka reveal tonight! I'm in heaven.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Oh well.

Are you fu#k1ng high?

Edit: I think you are probably joking - and that's good as I am too

#838 5 years ago

Truthfully I was thinking my next pin would be TRON Vault or JJP Toy Story (whichever was first). But now I am really considering Wonka. Really keeping a close eye on the weekend for full coverage and details.

My runner up was MBr - and I still may go for that one.

#839 5 years ago

The factory Gates open in T-9 hours.

#840 5 years ago

Jack should do the cane walk and tumble at reveal.

#841 5 years ago

I’m hearing standard edition will be in the 7k under 8k range. Stern premiums watch out!!!

#842 5 years ago

So WONKA VISION is a given, should be really cool.

I forgot how they did that horrible DI announcement of "as many orders up to December 31"

That's what Jack is gonna do here, "as many orders by X date up to 500"

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I’m hearing standard edition will be in the 7k under 8k range. Stern premiums watch out!!!

I'm hearing that the gap between the "standard" and the "LE" will be HUGE in terms of "I want the LE now"

#844 5 years ago

Just curious...is Pat Lawlor going to be there for the reveal tonight?

#845 5 years ago

Its nice that the standard will be cheaper than usual but it will be missing more than the usual bling . Its nice to have options tho and jjp standard will still be miles ahead of sterns premium stuff. Le all the way on this one as most people will want the awesome features it offers along with the usual bling.

#846 5 years ago

Its crazy how much hype there is for this pin... i think there's good reason this time around and it will be a hit for most people. Im sure a few will be let down but overall it will be a winner and a good seller for jjp.

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its crazy how much hype there is for this pin... i think there's good reason this time around and it will be a hit for most people. Im sure a few will be let down but overall it will be a winner and a good seller for jjp.

Well i think a lot of people, including myself, have been waiting a long time for JJP to put the whole package together, theme, art, layout/design, code etc.

If Wonka is it, they have a GRAND SLAM on their hands and followed up by Toy Story.

This could be the year of JJP.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its crazy how much hype there is for this pin... i think there's good reason this time around and it will be a hit for most people.

I'm more excited for this than I have been for any other releases in the last few years. I think a lot of it is because of how well they knocked WOZ out of the park. This is going to be similar yet more evolved, and with Lawlor too.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well i think a lot of people, including myself, have been waiting a long time for JJP to put the whole package together, theme, art, layout/design, code etc.
If Wonka is it, they have a GRAND SLAM on their hands and followed up by Toy Story.
This could be the year of JJP.

Yes sir.. very exciting year for pinball and jjp especially....

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm more excited for this than I have been for any other releases in the last few years. I think a lot of it is because of how well they knocked WOZ out of the park. This is going to be similar yet more evolved, and with Lawlor too.

I have a le on preorder and can't wait... i love dile and wonka is even better bc of the theme and the way jjp does video/sound. How you been buddy? .been a while

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/17?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.