824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I don't need this to be a miracle machine -- if it matches the quality level of the shots and layout of Dialed In with the theme integration/presentation of The Hobbit, I'm in. (eventually, once I sell enough blood).

Why sell blood when you could sell "other stuff" that feels a lot better than a needle.

#652 4 years ago

I'm feeling the excitement. Lawlor has been my favorite designer for a really long time and Dialed In is a fantastic effort from him. Even before the recent rush of hype I had heard good things from behind the scenes about this one, so I have been biting my tongue and trying to stay quietly excited for this one. I just can't wait to get some time to flip on it.

I've been on an "interest list" for a bit. I can see myself grabbing one of these for sure if it meets my expectations.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why sell blood when you could sell "other stuff" that feels a lot better than a needle.

What's the relative profit for a pint of blood versus a pint of "other stuff"?

That would take a number of donations.

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What's the relative profit for a pint of blood versus a pint of "other stuff"?
That would take a number of donations.

lol. That just reminded me of the scene in Fast Times.
How much comes out?
About a quart.

#655 4 years ago

Or the cream filled donut scene from National Lampoon's Van Wilder

#656 4 years ago

BA8435D5-845D-48FE-BE06-B154A532F778 (resized).jpegBA8435D5-845D-48FE-BE06-B154A532F778 (resized).jpeg

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe ... Maybe not. Pirates was unexpectedly limited. We'll see what is said in less than 2 days. Guessing that the 2nd game reveal of the year is planned for Expo in October, which would mean a line changeover in late September.

With the Hype, and the fact JJP is way off from another title, this game will be on the line for a while. If it is half the game WOZ is, they would be carzy not to milk what they can out of the license. POC was limited because the demand fell off massively....the better this game is, the more demand there will be....the more demand, the longer it will be on the line.

(maybe I can pick up a steal on an AC/DC Luci Vault with all of the pin-dumping that will happen based on this thread! lol)

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This 10X over....I hope JJ hits this out of the park, and this is everything it is hyped to be. But if that is the case, production of these machines will be around for a very long time...just look at WOZ and how long that title has gone. Take some time and evaluate for yourself, rather than riding the hype train, and most of all let someone else get all of the bugs worked out an discover the flaws that need addressed. This will not be a limited run, and history has show us that just about every new pin that has any content at all will have some sort of issue.

Normally I would agree with every word here. However, personally there is an investment in this title, one I have dreamed about for many years, discussing it with anyone willing to listen. Yes there probably will be some issues, but I'll rely on code updates and some assistance rather than depriving my family and I the glowing opportunity to secure a machine (and LE will do it for me) right out of the starting gate. I love and will love other titles but only WW would have me straying from any rational delay.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Normally I would agree with every word here. However, personally there is an investment in this title, one I have dreamed about for many years, discussing it with anyone willing to listen. Yes there probably will be some issues, but I'll rely on code updates and some assistance rather than depriving my my family and I the glowing opportunity to secure a machine (and LE will do it for me) right out of the starting gate. I love and will love other titles but only WW would have me straying from any rational delay.

Until JAWS hits.......lol To each their own...someone has to be first!

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Until JAWS hits.......lol To each their own...someone has to be first!

Fair enough Manimal.

#661 4 years ago

No matter how nice it looks or how well it plays. I Still need to see what they drop the price to on the standard model. I’m priced out for anything above that.

#662 4 years ago

Standard model may be more affordable but at what cost? Obviously the usual bling but if the price is substantially lower than previous models id guess some major mechs cld be missing?

#663 4 years ago

Hype seems inordinately high on this one. I hope it's amazing.

I've been wanting to want a JJP game since they started making games.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Standard model may be more affordable but at what cost? Obviously the usual bling but if the price is substantially lower than previous models id guess some major mechs cld be missing?

Word is $1000 less, in the realm of Stern premium pricing

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hype seems inordinately high on this one. I hope it's amazing.
I've been wanting to want a JJP game since they started making games.

Ditto

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Word is $1000 less, in the realm of Stern premium pricing

Looks like we are getting 500 CE's to make up for the "margin loss" on the regular edition.

#668 4 years ago

Isn't it a little less in pricing due to it not being a widebody? Fewer materials and mechs? I don't know though.

#669 4 years ago

I know Willy Wonka is popular, but I am pretty sure that it is not nearly as big as The Wizard Of OZ was . I have seen the movie WOZ as a kid countless times, but I never sat through WW once .. Needless to say, I love all of the games from JJP, and I hope that this one is as good as the others. I hope they sell 20,000 of them, because I would love to see JJP do great since they do not cut corners, and by far make the highest quality pinball machines (compared to other manufacturers) . I do not agree with the people that think that this title will cause a huge influx of pre-owned games into the market place . I do not think that you will see much of a variance in pricing of preowned games what so ever .. If anything; the more popular pinball becomes, the higher the prices of pre-owned games will go, since their availability is generally limited. Almost everyone knows the values of the games nowadays, especially with newer Stern games . If anything; some people are going a little nuts by pricing their used games with a few mods at a higher price than people can purchase them brand new for.

Manny

#670 4 years ago

I'm worried this game is being over hyped. I'm super excited to see it, but damn, everyone is expecting this to be the best game EVER MADE!!! And how could we not expect that with all the hype of the folks that got to see it first.

#671 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been detailed already, but does anyone have an idea if it's rumored to be wide body? I hope not

#672 4 years ago

Shit...My math is off.....48 Hours to go

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Text Joe. Have him double check your math.

#674 4 years ago

Anyone else think there will be a built-in bubble machine (blower) that you have to refill?

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Sorry if this has been detailed already, but does anyone have an idea if it's rumored to be wide body? I hope not

I have seen some people post that it will be a standard body.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

4*12hrs

#677 4 years ago

The suspense is terrible! I hope it will last.

#678 4 years ago

Code is an unknown. Except we know it’s not Keith.

#679 4 years ago

Official timer has been created

https://countingdownto.com/?c=2438459

#680 4 years ago

It's a standard body game...

#681 4 years ago

This is fantastic. #12 CE is the icing on the cake. Good job!

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I know Willy Wonka is popular, but I am pretty sure that it is not nearly as big as The Wizard Of OZ was . I have seen the movie WOZ as a kid countless times, but I never sat through WW once .. Needless to say, I love all of the games from JJP, and I hope that this one is as good as the others. I hope they sell 20,000 of them, because I would love to see JJP do great since they do not cut corners, and by far make the highest quality pinball machines (compared to other manufacturers) . I do not agree with the people that think that this title will cause a huge influx of pre-owned games into the market place . I do not think that you will see much of a variance in pricing of preowned games what so ever .. If anything; the more popular pinball becomes, the higher the prices of pre-owned games will go, since their availability is generally limited. Almost everyone knows the values of the games nowadays, especially with newer Stern games . If anything; some people are going a little nuts by pricing their used games with a few mods at a higher price than people can purchase them brand new for.
Manny

I have seen Wizard Of Oz probably 25+ times including as an adult 10 times in the last 20 years it's timeless and one of the best movies and a touch-stone of our (USA) culture. We have so many terms or quotes "Friends of Dorthy" "I'd turn Back if I were you." "Flying Monkeys" there is hard to find anyone who doesn't know Wizard of Oz. The book is 119 years old too. I've seen the sequels (Return to Oz) (Oz the Great and Powerful) and the mini series on SyFy (Tin Man) the musical (Wicked). I think Wizard of Oz was a partial inspiration for Star Wars: C3P3 = Tin Man, Chewie = Lion etc..

I was just reading a book on genetics and evolution and there is even a gene called tinman gene which is the gene that codes for the heart in flies and other animals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinman_(gene)

I may have seen WWCF 3-4 times and as a kid. I decided to put it on my Netflix que for Blu-Ray will be here tomorrow so I can really watch it for the first time as an adult.

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have seen Wizard Of Oz probably 25+ times including as an adult 10 times in the last 20 years it's timeless and one of the best movies and a touch-stone of our (USA) culture. We have so many terms or quotes "Friends of Dorthy" "I'd turn Back if I were you." "Flying Monkeys" there is hard to find anyone who doesn't know Wizard of Oz. The book is 119 years old too. I've seen the sequels (Return to Oz) (Oz the Great and Powerful) and there was a mini series on SyFy (Tin Man). I think Wizard of Oz was a partial inspiration for Star Wars: C3P3 = Tin Man, Chewie = Lion etc..
I was just reading a book on genetics and evolution and there is even a gene called tinman gene which is the gene that codes for the heart in fly and other animals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinman_(gene)
I may have seen WWCF 3-4 times and as a kid. I decided to put it on my Netflix que for Blu-Ray will be here tomorrow so I can really watch it for the first time as an adult.

Woz is an all time classic but the shots/layout is lacking on that game. Shame b/c it's an unbelievable showpiece.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Woz is an all time classic but the shots/layout is lacking on that game. Shame b/c it's an unbelievable showpiece.

OK can see that, I don't mind the shots but I can certainly see that it's not a shooter like DI or STLE (etc.)

I do keep it think it plays fun and it is really a show piece to me. I agree AFM is a better pinall machine and if you put a pinball machine in the dictionary it would be AFM or TAF but not Woz.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Anyone else think there will be a built-in bubble machine (blower) that you have to refill?

Ideas for what we will see in 48 hours:

I was hashing out concepts I thought would be amazing with my wife the other day. This was my idea, or a bubble machine/fan for the topper. I think there is going to be a better way to have a self contained bubble environment that doesn't need refills, think old school bubble lights from Christmas trees. I don't think we will see a bubble machine though just as it really seems like the wrong thing to have around a wood case game, one crack in shipping would ruin a 7-13k game. A scent machine wouldn't be out of the question though, and you get to fill your scents with your preference of refills.

I do think you might see a multiple play field tiers, one upper and one lower. Something arranged in such a way that you are just amazed by it, maybe an inverted lower play field similar to Haunted House?.

Maybe even a faux elevator that goes into the head box. Looks like it hits a VUK, but a secondary ball in the head unit gets kicked up behind the glass and travels.

A treadmill that looks like a chocolate river that can reverse directions.

An open view subway that looks like a chocolate river.

Candy designs everywhere

Oompa Loopa & animated chocolate waterfall topper

Golden ticket popping out of a wonka wrapper animated topper, CE only

Multicolor armor, Everlasting Gobstopper LE edition

Golden Armor, Golden ticket CE edition

Wizard modes for each kids screw up, and multiballs for each. Brown lights for Augustus, Blue for Violet, White for Mike TV, Golden for Veruca,

Wonkavision mini game, on a super tiny play field

What are you thinking?

#686 4 years ago

Expect some familiar mechs...like Lawlor is known to do. The thing with Lawlor is that he makes the familiar feel SO GOOD and so right. He can also make similar concepts feel very unique with changes to placement and usage.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Multicolor armor, Everlasting Gobstopper LE edition

Golden Armor, Golden ticket CE edition

Gold is reserved for the CE suckers.....I mean avid fans. Maybe they'll get a Wonka hat as well, like the jacket.

Gonna be a cool reveal no matter, I'm excited and hoping for the best and a good playing game.

#688 4 years ago

is Kiefer on the code?

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is Kiefer on the code?

No

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Black Knight threw me off - beautiful game! I’m sticking with Wonka. Looking forward to next month.

Good move. You will not have to wait 2 or 3 years for code.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Virtual ball locks as opposed to the mechs.
Stainless steel trim vs clear coated sparkle power coat

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

Manny

You watched WOZ many times but never watched Wonka? Honestly there must be something wrong with you. Wonka literally changed my life. WOZ is kind of a piece of crap in comparison. Wonka is more modern, biting and fun. Wonka has a better message and more interesting themes. Wonka has better music. “Pure Imagination” kills every song in WOZ. Loompa>Munchkin. There is not a single really interesting character in WOZ. It’s all fluff. Willy Wonka is an interesting character. The only thing actually interesting about WOZ is the dark political, financial origins of the story which are buried way beneath the surface. So deep that most, including the filmmakers themselves, had no idea.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Wonka has a better message and more interesting themes.

Ok I don't understand all this hype about this movie. For me it was always a bad to mediocre movie. So yesterday I decided I should watch it again, perhaps I was missing something. And I watched it in his original language because sometimes something gets lost in translation. And I still don't like it You could say that's cause I am from germany and it's a different culture. But I love many other american or english things like as an example NfL Football. So I searched for more information about the meaning of this movie, perhaps there I could find a way to it's magic.
And I found this article about it:
https://reelrundown.com/movies/The-Horrible-Truth-About-Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory
It's was an interesting read. But I still can't see why you all love this movie so much. So I have to accept it, this theme will be not for me. But I realy hope for you all that you will get an awesome game with your dream theme. And I hope Guns N Roses will be one of JJPs next games and just as good as this one.

#694 4 years ago

in for a SE because that is what I can afford, but pumped for the game and love Lawlor's stuff.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok I don't understand all this hype about this movie. For me it was always a bad to mediocre movie. So yesterday I decided I should watch it again, perhaps I was missing something. And I watched it in his original language because sometimes something gets lost in translation. And I still don't like it You could say that's cause I am from germany and it's a different culture. But I love many other american or english things like as an example NfL Football. So I searched for more information about the meaning of this movie, perhaps there I could find a way to it's magic.
And I found this article about it:
https://reelrundown.com/movies/The-Horrible-Truth-About-Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory
It's was an interesting read. But I still can't see why you all love this movie so much. So I have to accept it, this theme will be not for me. But I realy hope for you all that you will get an awesome game with your dream theme. And I hope Guns N Roses will be one of JJPs next games and just as good as this one.

There's always a soft spot for an underdog story especially when it's a kid. Charlie is a very humble and devoted kid who you root for during the entire movie. The other 'Golden Ticket' kids represent the polar opposite and there's a very satisfying feeling when they 'get what they deserve' as spoiled brats.

Add to that Gene Wilder who is perfect for the part and the quirkiness of the movie and you have a classic that is loved by a wide age group and both male/female.

#696 4 years ago

Wonka ideas from Ozno

1. Bashable Target on playfield that is a mini video screen.

2. Bash video target when one of the 5 golden ticket winners appears to start one of the 5 Golden ticket winner modes. Complete the mode in time to send Augustus etc... home.

3. The game HAS to have a psychedelic color LED boat ride mode. This would be a loop shot mode, with accompanying video. Loops add time and score. Bash video target at the right time for jackpot.

4. Wonkavision needs to be a teleporting pinball mode. Hit the Wonkavision scoop and a new ball gets launched from another scoop on opposite side of playfield.

5. Verukas Golden egg scene needs to be a three target area with three layers of drip targets like Metallica.

6. Slugworth needs to be a bunch of inserts all over the pinball. When one of them lights, you have to make that shot to stop Slugworth.

7. Game needs a wonkavator that brings you to an upper or lower playfield.

8. For Augustus, we need a two stage chocolate river mode. First make shots to build pressure meter to the max. Then when time runs out, find the secret shot to locate Augustus. Pressure score multiplies final jackpot.

9. 3 flippers at bottom.

10. Oompa Loompa mini playfield.

11. Find the golden ticket mode.

12. Charlie’s mode needs to be a make the right decision type mode, so you have to make some shots and avoid others.

13. Playfield should generally look like the main chocolate river room.

14. Everlasting go stopper machine has to be in there. With a ceramic ball gobstopper mode like TZ. Shoot ball into machine, ceramic ball comes out the back side.

15. Fizzy lifting mode. Shoot shots to blow up Violet as big as a house. Only blue shots are counted. Pay attention as they change color rapidly.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Ideas for what we will see in 48 hours:

more ACNC deposits for sale at a discount.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok I don't understand all this hype about this movie.

I honestly think it's aged badly. It's simply not a good looking film anymore, the sets look low budget and corny now, and the acting that isn't Gene Wilder chewing the scenery is stagey and over exaggerated. If you haven't seen it in a while and just remember the memes and "I said good day sir!" you can watch this scene:

and see if you agree. If you love the movie I'm not trying to be a jerk, just honest about what it looks like. It's really dated. I love Roald Dahl's books, I think it was a fun movie for the time (the Tim Burton remake is a looker but a shitty film, the original might not hold up that well but it's still better). But killer pinball theme? The hype is out of control.

It's already a slot machine, it's an available license, and JJP took it. Probably hoping the candy rainbows would be another WOZ since that one still sells. The hype and frothing over some rumors is peak Pinside though.

#699 4 years ago

Just arrived today. Tom Whalen, my favorite Mondo artist. Framing next week ... pinball soon after

IMG_4368 (resized).JPGIMG_4368 (resized).JPG
#700 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Wonka ideas from Ozno
1. Bashable Target on playfield that is a mini video screen.
2. Bash video target when one of the 5 golden ticket winners appears to start one of the 5 Golden ticket winner modes. Complete the mode in time to send Augustus etc... home.
3. The game HAS to have a psychedelic color LED boat ride mode. This would be a loop shot mode, with accompanying video. Loops add time and score. Bash video target at the right time for jackpot.
4. Wonkavision needs to be a teleporting pinball mode. Hit the Wonkavision scoop and a new ball gets launched from another scoop on opposite side of playfield.
5. Verukas Golden egg scene needs to be a three target area with three layers of drip targets like Metallica.
6. Slugworth needs to be a bunch of inserts all over the pinball. When one of them lights, you have to make that shot to stop Slugworth.
7. Game needs a wonkavator that brings you to an upper or lower playfield.
8. For Augustus, we need a two stage chocolate river mode. First make shots to build pressure meter to the max. Then when time runs out, find the secret shot to locate Augustus. Pressure score multiplies final jackpot.
9. 3 flippers at bottom.
10. Oompa Loompa mini playfield.
11. Find the golden ticket mode.
12. Charlie’s mode needs to be a make the right decision type mode, so you have to make some shots and avoid others.
13. Playfield should generally look like the main chocolate river room.
14. Everlasting go stopper machine has to be in there. With a ceramic ball gobstopper mode like TZ. Shoot ball into machine, ceramic ball comes out the back side.
15. Fizzy lifting mode. Shoot shots to blow up Violet as big as a house. Only blue shots are counted. Pay attention as they change color rapidly.

A neat first in a high end edition would be an actual liquid "chocolate" river cutting across playfield, contained in an acrylic tube with a pump that circulates it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
10,000 (Firm)
$ 90.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/14?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.