824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 46.
#601 5 years ago

Man I hope this pin is great.

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Does anybody else think the marketplace could get flooded with Munsters, POTC, and other recent releases to make room for JJP #5? There is only so much $ and space for the vast majority of Pinsiders.

It's just another pinball, like every other new pin that people work themselves up into a lather over. It hasn't even been revealed and everyone is already selling their collections to buy it? Take a cold shower, calm down.

I hope it's great, innovative, exciting, all that and a bag of chips. Some will love it, some won't care, many will think it's too expensive either way. Pinside's hype and bust boom is getting out of control though, people need to take it down a notch.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just another pinball, like every other new pin that people work themselves up into a lather over. It hasn't even been revealed and everyone is already selling their collections to buy it? Take a cold shower, calm down.
I hope it's great, innovative, exciting, all that and a bag of chips. Some will love it, some won't care, many will think it's too expensive either way. Pinside's hype and bust boom is getting out of control though, people need to take it down a notch.

It is wild out there! Pinball is in hyper speed.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe you need to take it up a notch and plunk down 12 large on a yet to be seen luxury item before they are sold out in the first 30 seconds! Then who’ll be sorry?!?? Think you’re so smart just cuz you’re so smart.

Smarty Mcsmartpants....

I don’t know where I’m going with this Aurich.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good argument - I guess Joe will have to sort it out

Ohhhh...Its sorted...lol

Got enough texts into him already.

But he has been bombed with #12 requests...lmao

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I’m hyped up but not proclaiming this unseen and unflipped pin is the GOAT but I do think JJP is raising the bar. Wonka has the potential to make recently released pins look blah. Time will tell. It’s ok to be excited, it’s a rare emotion for me.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I’m hyped up but not proclaiming this unseen and unflipped pin is the GOAT

I hope it is 'fairly' universally agreed upon to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest - it would be a helluva win for JJP - but we'll see.

#608 5 years ago

I simply don't understand why Willy Wonka isn't listed as the number one Pin on Pinside?

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I simply don't understand why Willy Wonka isn't listed as the number one Pin on Pinside?

May take a few months.....or never...

#610 5 years ago

Although WWCF would be more correct.
I personally think it should be
WONKA....

Everyone know what it is and it's only 5 letters.

#611 5 years ago

In WONKA we trust.....

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

DP is ranked #5 all time pins .... so I wouldn’t take the ratings to seriously. Wonka has potential to be BIG.

#613 5 years ago

3 days left -- well less than 3 days really -- Its like 2 days and 20 hours left -- But who is counting?

#614 5 years ago

That’s about 12 quarter days

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well said. I'm not selling any games personally, just a kidney lol. Figure I'll wait 6 months to a year and let all of the early hardware fixes and bugs work themselves out before considering buying one. I used to like getting games right when they came out but now don't mind waiting to get a later production build.

#616 5 years ago

I’m excited for WONKA, I hope it’s AMAZING so much so that everyone dumps their games CHEAP to buy it so I can scoop them up

#617 5 years ago

Wow I can’t remember seeing this much excitement about a pin unveiling!

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

The games were made to be played. My DI got played the whole weekend last year. I got home and wiped it down. Looked brand new still.

Uh, ok. And how would you feel if those 500 or so games resulted in playfield damage that cliffys installed right away would have prevented? Or someone scratched your cabinet? All I’m saying is it the discount doesn’t appear to be worth the risk. Your game still looked brand new, doesn’t mean that would be everyone’s experience.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Man I hope this pin is great.

It'll be willy great!!!

#620 5 years ago

Working late for the next two more nights just so I am make this reveal -- Its going to be awesome - Can not wait - I am bringing some signs -- LOL

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

- I am bringing some signs -- LOL

Well, I hope the signs have giant #12’s on them so we can see where you’re standing!

Should be a fun reveal, I’m definitely looking forward to it!

#622 5 years ago

Rainbow toppers !

#623 5 years ago

We’re in for the CE. This is a dream theme for us, and I think my wife is more excited for it than I am. That’s huge, and I’m guessing a massive advantage for Wonka over other new releases. Can’t wait!

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Well, I hope the signs have giant #12’s on them so we can see where you’re standing!
Should be a fun reveal, I’m definitely looking forward to it!

LOL -- Was going to bring the Richie Wrench Mascot -- But I am not sitting in that thing that long -- Just going to have some fun and I think this is going to be a home run for JJP and I know there will be more in the future for JJP -- LETS GO -- 2 Days - 18 hours and 20 minutes left to go

#625 5 years ago

I know there will be more in the future for JJP

Best text Joe in a few hours and let him know.

LTG : )

#626 5 years ago

Is Wonka going to be available to play at MGC?

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The pin has been flipped by numerous people including Kaneda, Joe, Pingraffix folks, etc and they all have glowing reviews based on what they saw and experienced.

The wife factor may be big on WONKA. If it was just up to me, I would potentially be in. I really like the theme so I'd have to play it to see about buying. However, when I told my wife that JJP was coming out with WONKA, I was handed the checkbook, so I guess that means we are in. She doesn't care that she's never seen it or flipped it or what the cost is. I have been told to go buy it. That's the first time this has happened in 8 years of owning pins. I'm in the 'play before pay camp', but that's out the window for WONKA. It's just a matter of which version she likes the best. I'm preparing to shell out for a CE. 38 hours to reveal...

#628 5 years ago

Damn. Hype on this game is at all time CRAZY levels. I hope it delivers

#630 5 years ago

Wonka for president!

#631 5 years ago

You’re going to lose your mind when there are 12 hours to go

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is Wonka going to be available to play at MGC?

Yes, they will be playable at the reveal and then they will be in the kingpin games / jjp booth the rest of the weekend. Stop by and say hi!.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's happened to him twice already, and look at him now!

/Just kiddin' Richie

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's going to be even worse when I have security tell him that he purchased a fake ticket and he has to wait until Saturday morning to play it with the rest of the public...

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This 10X over....I hope JJ hits this out of the park, and this is everything it is hyped to be. But if that is the case, production of these machines will be around for a very long time...just look at WOZ and how long that title has gone. Take some time and evaluate for yourself, rather than riding the hype train, and most of all let someone else get all of the bugs worked out an discover the flaws that need addressed. This will not be a limited run, and history has show us that just about every new pin that has any content at all will have some sort of issue.

#637 5 years ago

I'm in for an LE. Maybe a CE if it really blows me away! Unless I don't like it at all. Then I'm out.

#638 5 years ago

It always amazes me when people commit to buying something expensive based entirely on rumors. There are no pictures, no idea of what features it will have, no idea when it will ship, no idea if features will have issues, no idea of what code is like, etc. I guess it's safe to say what the theme is but that isn't even official. I'm excited as well but chances are that this pin will just be another pin 3-4 months from now. Rumors will start floating around about the next pin and other new pins will steal the spotlight.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This 10X over....I hope JJ hits this out of the park, and this is everything it is hyped to be. But if that is the case, production of these machines will be around for a very long time...just look at WOZ and how long that title has gone. Take some time and evaluate for yourself, rather than riding the hype train, and most of all let someone else get all of the bugs worked out an discover the flaws that need addressed. This will not be a limited run, and history has show us that just about every new pin that has any content at all will have some sort of issue.

I kinda get what you're saying but also somewhat disagree. I think the anticipation for Wonka is well beyond a "normal" machine. Deadpool? Iron Maiden? They may have appeal to a small subset of the pinball community. I think Wonka has a much broader appeal. I grew up watching the movie (although to be fair, I wasn't born until after it was produced). Even my wife, who's 10 years younger than me, likes the theme. I've been watching the movie with my 3 and 5 year old boys in preparation for the machine. Yeah, it's kinda a big deal.

I've literally been waiting years for this title, hoping that JJP would be the one to produce it. And I suspect that I'm not alone. The movie has that perfect mix of imagination, darkness and emotion. I've always thought it would lend itself very well to pinball. And here we are.

I may sell a machine just to get Wonka. I'll probably still wait until after it's released (well, which is in 55 hours, lol). But, I am way more excited to see this release than I am Toy Story, etc.....

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I kinda get what you're saying but also somewhat disagree. I think the anticipation for Wonka is well beyond a "normal" machine. Deadpool? Iron Maiden? They may have appeal to a small subset of the pinball community. I think Wonka has a much broader appeal. I grew up watching the movie (although to be fair, I wasn't born until after it was produced). Even my wife, who's 10 years younger than me, likes the theme. I've been watching the movie with my 3 and 5 year old boys in preparation for the machine. Yeah, it's kinda a big deal.
I've literally been waiting years for this title, hoping that JJP would be the one to produce it. And I suspect that I'm not alone. The movie has that perfect mix of imagination, darkness and emotion. I've always thought it would lend itself very well to pinball. And here we are.
I may sell a machine just to get Wonka. I'll probably still wait until after it's released (well, which is in 55 hours, lol). But, I am way more excited to see this release than I am Toy Story, etc.....

I understand the desire for the theme, but what I was saying has to do with the physical hardware more than anything. we have all lived very happy and hopefully lengthy lives without a Wonka pinball, and a few more weeks is not going to kill anyone. As I said, I am looking forward to the title as much as anyone, and I consider Ken and Bill good friends (Special When Lit Podcast) and I trust their honest opinions. We played a lot of pinball together, at private homes and at Stern, and they are probably more critical than I am. If they say it is a "game-changer", then I believe them. But with that said, I will wait for some time to see the streams, to hear the stories, flip the game, and figure out for myself if it is going to live up to the big expectations I have for it. If it does, I will buy one....but history has pretty much shown the first buyers do not necessarily get the best of the lot. There are lots of WOZ owners that wish they had waited for the 2.0 light boards.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

The pin has been flipped by numerous people including Kaneda, Joe, Pingraffix folks, etc and they all have glowing reviews based on what they saw and experienced.
The wife factor may be big on WONKA. If it was just up to me, I would potentially be in. I really like the theme so I'd have to play it to see about buying. However, when I told my wife that JJP was coming out with WONKA, I was handed the checkbook, so I guess that means we are in. She doesn't care that she's never seen it or flipped it or what the cost is. I have been told to go buy it. That's the first time this has happened in 8 years of owning pins. I'm in the 'play before pay camp', but that's out the window for WONKA. It's just a matter of which version she likes the best. I'm preparing to shell out for a CE. 38 hours to reveal...

I'm in the same boat....actually with the whole family. I mentioned Wonka the other day, and was essentially given the green lite and an exuberant "oh, you have to get that one....." from my wife.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm in for an LE. Maybe a CE if it really blows me away! Unless I don't like it at all. Then I'm out.

I'M IN UNTIL I'M REALLY IN, IF NOT THEN I'M OUT.

Until I'm in again. Unless I'm not. Then I'm.... where am I?

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This will not be a limited run

Maybe ... Maybe not. Pirates was unexpectedly limited. We'll see what is said in less than 2 days. Guessing that the 2nd game reveal of the year is planned for Expo in October, which would mean a line changeover in late September.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe ... Maybe not. Pirates was unexpectedly limited. We'll see what is said in less than 2 days. Guessing that the 2nd game reveal of the year is planned for Expo in October, which would mean a line changeover in late September.

They have two lines... One is smaller from what I understand. They may need to make that one bigger this year if they hype plays out positively.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

2021 - 50th Anniversary Edition

But I am still in for a CE if I can get one

#646 5 years ago

I don't need this to be a miracle machine -- if it matches the quality level of the shots and layout of Dialed In with the theme integration/presentation of The Hobbit, I'm in. (eventually, once I sell enough blood).

#647 5 years ago

3 days left -- well less than 3 days really -- Its like 2 days and 20 hours left -- But who is counting?

At 3am, how many days and hours will be left? I'm sure Joe would want to know the answer via text at that time.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I don't need this to be a miracle machine -- if it matches the quality level of the shots and layout of Dialed In with the theme integration/presentation of The Hobbit, I'm in. (eventually, once I sell enough blood).

100% agree. Well said

#649 5 years ago

Ya'll think it's gonna be hand drawn or just pics from the movie everywhere?

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It always amazes me when people commit to buying something expensive based entirely on rumors. There are no pictures, no idea of what features it will have, no idea when it will ship, no idea if features will have issues, no idea of what code is like, etc.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to the reveal, but I've no idea of gameplay yet. I think JJP will deliver a nice complete package, with the theme nicely integrated, but it's a little too early to tell 'this game will be great!'. That said..... I'm excited to see what the game will be like
(I always am)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
9,600 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/13?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.