824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 46.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WONKA CE= IN( what's the actual pinside acronym?) !!!..now where the hell am I gonna put it....

I used WWCF in the club thread

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Often jjp games put into a show on free play come with a good discount.

If you can call a $400-$500 discount in exchange for your pin getting the crap played out of it for 3 days straight a good deal. I’m not sure I’d do that trade off on a ~$9000 pin.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I used WWCF in the club thread

Like .....club thread? haven't seen it.....

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WONKA CE= IN( what's the actual pinside acronym?) !!!..now where the hell am I gonna put it....

As long as it's not another "WW"
WONKA or WWCF is good enough for me.

#555 5 years ago

First 100 orders get a Rainbow Topper

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It's funny how at some point, nearly every JJP thread turns into DI owners defending the theme.
If you own DI and are happy with the game then great! But the theme is one of the most divisive in pinball and people are entitled to their opinions.
Me personally, love the game play, but can't get past the theme... Hopefully WW combines the best of Pat with a quality theme and delivers a smash hit for JJP.

See here we go again. “...quality theme...”. All in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone agrees it’s a quality theme.

#558 5 years ago

Looks like Melbourne silverball will also be streaming wonka aus#1 after the reveal. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to play it. Details TBA

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

If you can call a $400-$500 discount in exchange for your pin getting the crap played out of it for 3 days straight a good deal. I’m not sure I’d do that trade off on a ~$9000 pin.

The games were made to be played. My DI got played the whole weekend last year. I got home and wiped it down. Looked brand new still.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

As long as it's not another "WW"
WONKA or WWCF is good enough for me.

I like 'WONKA'. WWCF isn't bad, but WONKA leaves no question as to what pin is being referred to and it also helps out the newbies.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

The games were made to be played. My DI got played the whole weekend last year. I got home and wiped it down. Looked brand new still.

I've got over 13k plays on my Guardians...looks great still.

#562 5 years ago

JJP finally gave us a sneak peak of their new pin....

E2F5E73E-6CF6-4F3C-826B-2E1F58362F61 (resized).jpegE2F5E73E-6CF6-4F3C-826B-2E1F58362F61 (resized).jpeg
#563 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

See here we go again. “...quality theme...”. All in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone agrees it’s a quality theme.

This is the thing. Special K said Wonka is one of his dream themes so it’s easy to see him getting off on it. However theme is not the only thing as he pointed out on other games like SW which is arguably one of the best pinball themes but the game had good movie assets but very few toys it’s not a world under glass. Or Potc JJP nice toys but no movie assets.

I think with a great theme you still need toys, good code and good use of assets.

For me I liked Wonka when I was a kid but I don’t know it nearly as well as Woz which I’ve watched 20+ times. I’m going to watch Wonka again for the first time since I was a kid to see if it’s any good.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is the thing. Special K said Wonka is one of his dream themes so it’s easy to see him getting off on it. However theme is not the only thing as he pointed out on other games like SW which is arguably one of the best pinball themes but the game had good movie assets but very few toys it’s not a world under glass. Or Potc JJP nice toys but no movie assets.
I think with a great theme you still need toys, good code and good use of assets.
For me I liked Wonka when I was a kid but I don’t know it nearly as well as Woz which I’ve watched 20+ times. I’m going to watch Wonka again for the first time since I was a kid to see if it’s any good.

POTC does have some movie assets, just none featuring film actor audio and actor video, everything else including CGI characters apparently (lol) are fair game to go into into the pin. Thankfully JJP hired an actor from the films to do some great custom callout work.

I wonder if JJP goes full custom Oompa Loompa callouts for Wonka or seeked out a Gene Wilder sound-a-like for Wonka callouts? Maybe a combination of both. Seems like those are the only 2 characters that would work for pinball related callouts in the game.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if JJP goes full custom Oompa Loompa callouts for Wonka or seeked out a Gene Wilder sound-a-like for Wonka callouts? Maybe a combination of both. Seems like those are the only 2 characters that would work for pinball related callouts in the game.

Why would the Oompa Loompas or Wonka be the only characters who would work? The Oompa Loompas sang, as a group, but never spoke in the film, by the way, so no need to hire any spot-on impressionists. Jack could be his own Oompa Loompa!

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would think they used Gene's lines from the movie for what they need as well as other characters. I'm curious to see what scenes they used from the movie for things like "extra ball", "multiball", etc.

#567 5 years ago

How many WW CE anyone have guess?

#568 5 years ago

Lawlor so I’m guessing

Magnets
Subways
Real ball lock
3 (or more flippers)
Interactive toy

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many WW CE anyone have guess?

I'm guessing 200.

#570 5 years ago

If Wonka is that amazing....I might sell my POTC. Not really into the game play that much. Can't wait till Friday.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This isn't a DI thread and nobody gives a shit about that game while we wait for Wonka.
DI is LONG ago in the rear view mirror and its time move on. Sales were terrible.
The great defenders can waste their breath and time
WONKA time

Personally I like DIALED IN, but Iceman44 is 100% right in everything he says here!!! WONKA is the theme here and the excitement is building as Friday grows nearer!!!

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lawlor so I’m guessing
Magnets
Subways
Real ball lock
3 (or more flippers)
Interactive toy

I thought someone said 4 flippers?

#573 5 years ago

Will we here from Pat Lawlor on the layout. Does he do interviews?

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Pretty sure I’ll be in. Weird to look forward to losing at a game but I look forward to draining the ball and hearing Gene Wilder say “you get nothing!”. Such a great line...

Absolutely perfect after you tilt and you lose your end of ball bonus.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Will we here from Pat Lawlor on the layout. Does he do interviews?

I believe either SDTM or TWIP will have something up Friday night

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I would think they used Gene's lines from the movie for what they need as well as other characters. I'm curious to see what scenes they used from the movie for things like "extra ball", "multiball", etc.

The way that all the JJP pin multiballs start are amazing to be honest! I bet they do a killer job on Wonka too!

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Pissing my pants. You sonsofbitches know he’s going to be all over me whether he thinks you’re joking or not. I got a flurry of texts after Vyzer’s post after owning WOZ and DI #12. I think that got him shook up. Every inch you tweak him results in lost sleep for me. Lord take me now.

I think it was WOZ and Hobbit ... Seeing as he had the First #12 maybe he has a claim

I am excited for this one (and the next). I like all the JJP pins so this one will probably be a must buy for me. Heck, even those that don't much care for JJP may have a hard time not liking Wonka.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it was WOZ and Hobbit ... Seeing as he had the First #12 maybe he has a claim
I am excited for this one (and the next). I like all the JJP pins so this one will probably be a must buy for me. Heck, even those that don't much care for JJP may have a hard time not liking Wonka.

WOZ and Hobbit never had CE's. So he doesn't have a claim. DI and POTC had CE's, so richie has first shot on CE serial number matching since he has both DI and POTC CEs.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

WOZ and Hobbit never had CE's. So he doesn't have a claim. DI and POTC had CE's, so richie has first shot on CE serial number matching since he has both DI and POTC CEs.

Good argument - I guess Joe will have to sort it out

#580 5 years ago

I was told the game will have full movie assets, so you'll see and hear nearly everything they wanted from the film. Funny everyone wants to see film clips but when I talk to friends of mine who play pinball tournaments, and I talk about adding a color screen, they will say doesn't change the way the game is played. When you play the game you don't even see the screen 99% of the time, it really is more for the people watching you play the games right?

As a collector I want the movie clips but the argument I'm making is POTC is an amazing game without the movie clips. The game is ranked the 4th best game very still without the movie clips. It goes to show they don't really matter that much, but it is nice to have it.

I'd rather have than not have but with JJP graphics are their specialty. No matter what is or isn't included in Wonka I'm positive it will be great.

#581 5 years ago

JJP POTC is not the 4th best pin that’s like saying Vanilla Ice is the fourth best rapper.

#582 5 years ago

Can somebody jump in their Delorean and bring back some info about WW from This coming Friday? Whoops, wrong pin/movie.

#583 5 years ago

Numbered games never meant much to me
And I never meant to put a claim on Wonka, just having fun.

#584 5 years ago

One big thing being announced on Friday is pricing for the standard. Apparently it's going to be significantly less than the $8,500 of the previous game. I wonder what "significant" means. $7,800? $7,500?

It would be great for JJP to have a model priced in same range as Stern Prems and American Pinball. 3 more days and we will see!

#585 5 years ago

i perosnallay dont like

WWCF
WONKA
JJWW

i think it should be WILLY

#586 5 years ago

Why not WWO? Just 3 letters (and 2 of them are the same).

Edit: WIW would also be ok, but WWO is better.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Numbered games never meant much to me
And I never meant to put a claim on Wonka, just having fun.

We know it’s in good fun.

#588 5 years ago

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory = WWCF

Makes the most sense to me. I’ll adjust the club thread title though depending on what pinside uses and the actual full game name is revealed.

#589 5 years ago

I vote for Wonka. That's what the emails and text messages that's I've been getting say... and there have been a lot of them

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I vote for Wonka. That's what the emails and text messages that's I've been getting say... and there have been a lot of them

Works for me. I like that better.

#591 5 years ago

WONKA

#592 5 years ago

This is now the most hyped game in recent memory. Every podcast is claiming the landscape of pinball will change because of this machine. Now really?

So of course it makes sense to get on the waiting list now and hope you can see one from the first batch. Assuming the Friday reveal is literally that good.

#593 5 years ago

First post in a game thread here, just had to get this silly idea/ prediction off my chest as I'm pretty hyped about this game!!

What if the LCD screen was incorporated as a playable VPIN inside the table?? You Wonkavision teleport into the machine and play the full game on a small digital pin! That would be badass IMO!!!

Back to the regular schedule.

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Willster:

First post in a game thread here, just had to get this silly idea/ prediction off my chest as I'm pretty hyped about this game!!
What if the LCD screen was incorporated as a playable VPIN inside the table?? You Wonkavision teleport into the machine and play the full game on a small digital pin! That would be badass IMO!!!
Back to the regular schedule.

not a fan of that idea.

#595 5 years ago

Does anybody else think the marketplace could get flooded with Munsters, POTC, and other recent releases to make room for JJP #5? There is only so much $ and space for the vast majority of Pinsiders.

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Does anybody else think the marketplace could get flooded with Munsters, POTC, and other recent releases to make room for JJP #5? There is only so much $ and space for the vast majority of Pinsiders.

If it's as good as the podcasts are saying, yes. And if that happens you would expect the value of used machines to plummet.

But how many WONKA's can JJP pump out in the next 6 months? If it's that amazing, they can't meet the demand.

Guess we will see where hype meets reality on Friday.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I hope it's good or else I'll be keeping my STLE which was selling to make room. I have little interest in anything out lately (JJP POTC and MB remake included).

If Wonka doesn't flip my lid I'll just stand pat.

#598 5 years ago

All in for Wonka

#599 5 years ago

WONKA!

#600 5 years ago
FFC10AFB-6F53-4625-A43A-727A5F121D76 (resized).jpegFFC10AFB-6F53-4625-A43A-727A5F121D76 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/12?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.