824E045A-9C5F-4708-A0CC-8643870B96ED (resized).jpeg
F5FBD34F-2E04-40A0-8039-F9CCCDB65107 (resized).jpeg
A3D38C6A-CB2D-4959-BAB5-D9703DC40AEA (resized).png
66A36E31-E4F7-49A3-BF9A-CD50FDF55F01 (resized).jpeg
slingpost1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_160834 (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
ccc07.gif
There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 46.
#501 5 years ago

Pissing my pants. You sonsofbitches know he’s going to be all over me whether he thinks you’re joking or not. I got a flurry of texts after Vyzer’s post after owning WOZ and DI #12. I think that got him shook up. Every inch you tweak him results in lost sleep for me. Lord take me now.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Well -- I guess I know where the other two are at now if I ever wanted to get the other two ...LMAO
But I got two of the #12's as well -- The lastest of the Collection -- Very Cool on your collection as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Pissing my pants. You sonsofbitches know he’s going to be all over me whether he thinks you’re joking or not. I got a flurry of texts after Vyzer’s post after owning WOZ and DI #12. I think that got him shook up. Every inch you tweak him results in lost sleep for me. Lord take me now.

I was about to ask you if you heard from Richie.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think this #12 thing is getting real...how many CE's are they making? I'll just take one of those (maybe #53, but not that concerned...none of my LE's match)...

Confirmed... JJP is only making 11 CEs.. everyone's screwed.

#505 5 years ago

:zzz:Wake me up when this BS is over!

#506 5 years ago

Looking forward to meeting everyone at MGC just look for me I’ll be wearing this...

D7F0E977-497E-47DC-A4EB-9E3E946806D7 (resized).jpegD7F0E977-497E-47DC-A4EB-9E3E946806D7 (resized).jpeg
#507 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

:zzz:Wake me up when this BS is over!

LOL - THIS IS SO FUNNY -- YALL NUTS

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Looking forward to meeting everyone at MGC just look for me I’ll be wearing this...[quoted image]

Now this is so funny - We really need to stop threading on this and leave it about the game itself - Everyone knows CE#12 is mine - So with that said -- Lets keep it about the game.

I am in and looking forward to sitting next to my buddy Joe -- Wearing my shirt that says "WHERE IS THE POWDER"

I think Willy Wonka will be great and I hope that is the game - I would be shocked if it was not a Willy Wonka and if it was something else -- Would that not be the biggest surpise ever - But from what I have heard and what is out there - I think Willy Wonka is next and will be great for JJP and for pinball in itself as well.

#509 5 years ago

LOL - THIS IS SO FUNNY -- YALL NUTS

Yeah we are F ing crazy! Let's start the annual Richie CE thread on its own again for Wonka. Makes the most sense.

If not i will play along.

#510 5 years ago

I think Willy Wonka will be great and I hope that is the game - I would be shocked if it was not a Willy Wonka and if it was something else -- Would that not be the biggest surpise ever - But from what I have heard and what is out there - I think Willy Wonka is next and will be great for JJP and for pinball in itself as well.

It's Wonka
You have #12
Joe loves you
It will be great for JJP
It will be great for pinball

Boom boom. We are all gonna party hard!

#511 5 years ago

We should have an old fashioned party line call with Joe at 3am so we can get this straight.

#512 5 years ago

Kaneda just did special podcast... Titled “I got the rights to CE #12 - JACK PROMISED!

#513 5 years ago

What in the actual hell, is going on here? I wish I knew who was going to get Wonka CE #12.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

We should have an old fashioned party line call with Joe at 3am so we can get this straight.

I AM IN FOR THAT CALL......

#515 5 years ago

So stoked to have Wonka and Black Knight for the summer down the jersey shore. I know Silverball will have Wonka, already have half price day passes from their Black Friday sale. I setup the wife and kids at the beach then get to play the whole Jersey Jack lineup for about a dollar an hour!

#516 5 years ago

Now this is so funny - We really need to stop threading on this and leave it about the game itself - Everyone knows CE#12 is mine - So with that said -- Lets keep it about the game.
I am in and looking forward to sitting next to my buddy Joe -- Wearing my shirt that says "WHERE IS THE POWDER"

What more do you want from Joe? Didn't he already give you a MultiColor coin door Early for Wonka? Seems like he was thinking ahead and your all set now!

#517 5 years ago

# 12 WW CE is going to a new owner. #12 has been sold for the next 2 pins.

Sorry guys I did here #13 and #11 are open.
Bookends.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

# 12 WW CE is going to a new owner. #12 has been sold for the next 2 pins.
Sorry guys I did here #13 and #11 are open.
Bookends.

New numbering scheme, sequential numbers on sequential machines in year order!

#519 5 years ago

I am in and looking forward to sitting next to my buddy Joe

6F031333-CB47-43EB-8CB1-0513D8EF22D0 (resized).jpeg6F031333-CB47-43EB-8CB1-0513D8EF22D0 (resized).jpeg
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Re themed Dialed IN?

No!

#522 5 years ago

I would buy a rethemed Dialed In - I really like that game just don't want a cell phone based pinball in my basement with my limited collection

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would buy a rethemed Dialed In - I really like that game just don't want a cell phone based pinball in my basement with my limited collection

Disaster based,phone is used for animated info

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Re themed Dialed IN?

how many times does this need corrected?

#525 5 years ago

Too bad you choose to look at it that way. Missing out on a great game.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ya, it's about as much a cell phone theme as TZ is a game about a gum ball machine or TAF is a game about a book shelf.

#527 5 years ago

It’s not a cell phone based pinball. There is a cell phone toy (think Tron arcade/scoop). Only thing is unlike Tron arcade this toy talks and provides text and animation.

#528 5 years ago

It's funny how at some point, nearly every JJP thread turns into DI owners defending the theme.

If you own DI and are happy with the game then great! But the theme is one of the most divisive in pinball and people are entitled to their opinions.

Me personally, love the game play, but can't get past the theme... Hopefully WW combines the best of Pat with a quality theme and delivers a smash hit for JJP.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It's funny how at some point, nearly every JJP thread turns into DI owners defending the theme.
If you own DI and are happy with the game then great! But the theme is one of the most divisive in pinball and people are entitled to their opinions.
Me personally, love the game play, but can't get past the theme... Hopefully WW combines the best of Pat with a quality theme and delivers a smash hit for JJP.

Poor Dialed In, great game, theme...many opinions. Oktoberfest is having the same issue, turns out its a pretty damn good game if you can get past the theme.

#530 5 years ago

That's because a lot of people are sheep and can't get past an original theme. They need it connected to something familiar and popular.
If the game were called Sim City, most of the negativity would be gone and people would be busting their nut all over it despite it being the same game.

flame on.

#531 5 years ago

I'm always surprised how some people hate the words "Dialed In". I think it's perfect for pinball as the phrase has likely been used by nearly everyone at one point or another when describing having a good game and or working on a machine. Out in daily life I hear the phrase maybe once a month by someone just talking about whatever and can't help to think "Yup, that ended up being a pretty good name after all for that game"

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm always surprised how some people hate the words "Dialed In". I think it's perfect for pinball as the phrase has likely been used by nearly everyone at one point or another when describing having a good game and or working on a machine. Out in daily life I hear the phrase maybe once a month by someone just talking about whatever and can't help to think "Yup, that ended up being a pretty good name after all for that game"

I agree but if DI was xxx not DI but was Predator with the phone being a hand held data recorder the pin would have sold a crap ton.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's because a lot of people are sheep and can't get past an original theme. They need it connected to something familiar and popular.
If the game were called Sim City, most of the negativity would be gone and people would be busting their nut all over it despite it being the same game.
flame on.

THIS. It's never leaving my collection and I was a Sim City nut as a kid. This is 10X a city disaster game and not about the phone.
I do get how people can be turned off of a theme though, because I'm just not sold on Wonka as a theme at all. I really look forward to playing one on location though and look forward to the streams.

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

So stoked to have Wonka and Black Knight for the summer down the jersey shore. I know Silverball will have Wonka, already have half price day passes from their Black Friday sale. I setup the wife and kids at the beach then get to play the whole Jersey Jack lineup for about a dollar an hour!

I hear ya! I'm a bit over an hour north of Silver Ball in Bergen County and my wife, kids and I travel down to it often. Far, far better than the Sunshine Laundromat in Brooklyn which is a pinball heaven of sorts as well but the experience is undermined by the constantly rising prices which now have every single game (about 30 right now operating) at $1.00, not just the new games like POTC. Anyone hoping to spend more than a few minutes will go through big money in no time. Silverball's hourly rate is the only way to go methinks.

#535 5 years ago

You did not understand the game in it all , too bad.

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree but if DI was xxx not DI but was Predator with the phone being a hand held data recorder the pin would have sold a crap ton.

Maybe, but there probably wouldn't be a selfie and emoji mode in that game either I don't mind the theme per se, I think a hi-tech cell phone/disaster game is fine. I just don't love the implementation. The humor just doesn't quite work for me, etc. . And please, a cell phone is a big part of the game:

All the modes are started by hitting a giant cell phone. The modes are described to you on a cell phone -- you literally have to answer a phone and talk with someone. One of the main toy's purpose (the moving guy) is to reenergize a cell phone (need to complete the game). There's a selfie mode and an emoji mode. To get to a wizard mode you have to hit a super tough shot multiple times . . . a SIM card. And the name of the pin references dialing a cell phone. This is not the gumball machine or bookcase in TZ and AF.

This doesn't bother me and the game shoots great and I can even see the humor growing on me if I gave it more of a chance but to deny that it's a game with a huge focus on a smart phone of some kind is kind of weird to me.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Maybe, but there probably wouldn't be a selfie and emoji mode in that game either I don't mind the theme per se, I think a hi-tech cell phone/disaster game is fine. I just don't love the implementation. The humor just doesn't quite work for me, etc. . And please, a cell phone is a big part of the game:
All the modes are started by hitting a giant cell phone. The modes are described to you on a cell phone -- you literally have to answer a phone and talk with someone. One of the main toy's purpose (the moving guy) is to reenergize a cell phone (need to complete the game). There's a selfie mode and an emoji mode. To get to a wizard mode you have to hit a super tough shot multiple times . . . a SIM card. And the name of the pin references dialing a cell phone. This is not the gumball machine or bookcase in TZ and AF.
This doesn't bother me and the game shoots great and I can even see the humor growing on me if I gave it more of a chance but to deny that it's a game with a huge focus on a smart phone of some kind is kind of weird to me.

I could argue that the phone is a tool that is causing mass destruction to a city as well and that there is an evil entity out there whose acronym of Dialed In Electronics literally spells out DIE, but people focus on the cell phone.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I could argue that the phone is a tool that is causing mass destruction to a city as well and that there is an evil entity out there who's acronym of Dialed In Electronics literally spells out DIE, but people focus on the cell phone.

Good point, but it’s not worth the effort to convince people anyway. If DI is a poor selling game so be it. I’m glad to have one. Kind f reminds me of RBioN which is a meh theme but I’d love to own one someday.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I could argue that the phone is a tool that is causing mass destruction to a city as well and that there is an evil entity out there who's acronym of Dialed In Electronics literally spells out DIE, but people focus on the cell phone.

Okay, you guys win I'm going to go play some DI in a few minutes on location. I actually do enjoy playing it quite a bit.

#540 5 years ago

Let's hope Wonka plays better on location than other JJ pins. Even Dialed In which has the least amount of issues doesn't feel the same on location. Our local pinball place is swearing never to get another JJ pin after all the issues with WOZ and Hobbit. :/

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Let's hope Wonka plays better on location than other JJ pins. Even Dialed In which has the least amount of issues doesn't feel the same on location. Our local pinball place is swearing never to get another JJ pin after all the issues with WOZ and Hobbit. :/

Fingers crossed maybe they have updated their system again

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yup but it's still called dialed in, got a person holding a cell phone on the side and has a big cell phone on the playfield
If it was some disaster themed title and artwork, it would be in my basement.

Just me - it's a fun game and I love dropping quarters in it
I understand the game and the disaster slant to it, but could never get past the theme, name and artwork
That's just me, I am not knocking those that own it .....
maybe one day my mind will change but now I am focused on wonka

Not looking for a debate or for owners to defend their purchases - but i would buy a rethemed dialed in very quickly
That's my opinion and it's the correct one for me

#543 5 years ago

WONKA countdown time !!!

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Poor Dialed In, great game, theme...many opinions. Oktoberfest is having the same issue, turns out its a pretty damn good game if you can get past the theme.

and Wonka is a good theme? Maybe if I was 10 yrs old. Game might be great but I seriously do not want a Willy Wonka theme game. This theme does zero for me. I'll play it, might really like it, but won't own it.

#545 5 years ago

Yup but it's still called dialed in, got a person holding a cell phone on the side and has a big cell phone on the playfield
If it was some disaster themed title and artwork, it would be in my basement.
Just me - it's a fun game and I love dropping quarters in it
I understand the game and the disaster slant to it, but could never get past the theme, name and artwork
That's just me, I am not knocking those that own it .....
maybe one day my mind will change but now I am focused on wonka
Not looking for a debate or for owners to defend their purchases - but i would buy a rethemed dialed in very quickly
That's my opinion and it's the correct one for me

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

To each their own of course

#546 5 years ago

I hate when people talk shit about games and for some reason you can’t see what games they own. Just weird!

#547 5 years ago

Pretty sure I’ll be in. Weird to look forward to losing at a game but I look forward to draining the ball and hearing Gene Wilder say “you get nothing!”. Such a great line...

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And the art on Oktoberfest. The art on that game is atrocious. Fun to flip though.

#549 5 years ago

This isn't a DI thread and nobody gives a shit about that game while we wait for Wonka.

DI is LONG ago in the rear view mirror and its time move on. Sales were terrible.

The great defenders can waste their breath and time

WONKA time

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This isn't a DI thread and nobody gives a shit about that game while we wait for Wonka.
DI is LONG ago in the rear view mirror and its time move on. Sales were terrible.
The great defenders can waste their breath and time
WONKA time

WONKA CE= IN( what's the actual pinside acronym?) !!!..now where the hell am I gonna put it....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.50
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-wonka-is-coming-whos-in/page/11?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.