• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190324-111838_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Yeah but is it $10,000 worth of awesome?

$1,700 more worth of awesome is the real question when you're talking MBrLE. And yes, it is, thus far.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Yep!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

There's no pin that's $10,000 worth of awesome.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

There's no pin that's $10,000 worth of awesome.

You have a couple on your wishlist that are close enough.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You have a couple on your wishlist that are close enough.

You're right, but I would never buy one NIB at their current price. I just don't think any pin is worth $10k, rarity aside.

#106 5 years ago

Agreed 10k is a lot ... good thing JJP POTC LE is only 9.5k. That was a close one ....

#107 5 years ago

The more I debate, the more I really have the Pirates itch ... heck I even mention to my wife that maybe a CE is in our future it they are still available.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

The more I debate, the more I really have the Pirates itch ... heck I even mention to my wife that maybe a CE is in our future it they are still available.

CE will never sell out don't worry

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Actually it almost is

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Do you ever have anything good to say about JJP?

#111 5 years ago

i own 2 JJP pins. WoZ and Hobbit. not a fan of dialed in yet. what i have learned so far about jjp is that the shots feel good but they are never challenging. code is great. seem to be long playing games. great build quality. if you like hard shots you usually will not find it in jjp. It all depends on what type of games u like.

my thoughts are always try before you buy. is the money burning a hole in your pocket? if so buy it. can you save yourself some money buy getting a good used one? yep sure can.

best of luck

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i own 2 JJP pins. WoZ and Hobbit. not a fan of dialed in yet. what i have learned so far about jjp is that the shots feel good but they are never challenging. code is great. seem to be long playing games. great build quality. if you like hard shots you usually will not find it in jjp. It all depends on what type of games u like.
my thoughts are always try before you buy. is the money burning a hole in your pocket? if so buy it. can you save yourself some money buy getting a good used one? yep sure can.
best of luck

I don't know about that on pirates. Extra ball hard shot christ even spinner and left ramp shot you gotta work for

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you ever have anything good to say about JJP?

Your right the CE games may sell out but given that the CE DI is still for sale I would not sweat it

#114 5 years ago

After Friday’s announcement from Jack I feel like if I really want a Pirates then I’d better pull the trigger quick! I was considering rolling with a Stern that I’ve played (either SW or BM66) but I think there will be many of those down the road to grab - might not be able to say the same about Pirates now. So many amazing reviews on this machine I really don’t see how I could go wrong ... still a little nerve racking having never played it.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I don't know about that on pirates. Extra ball hard shot christ even spinner and left ramp shot you gotta work for

extra ball is a well designed and difficult shot. great example of doing it right (looking at you Houdini).

the spinner and left ramp are pretty run of the mill easy shots though. very capable of being 'dialed in' after putting in some time on the game.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

After Friday’s announcement from Jack I feel like if I really want a Pirates then I’d better pull the trigger quick! I was considering rolling with a Stern that I’ve played (either SW or BM66) but I think there will be many of those down the road to grab - might not be able to say the same about Pirates now. So many amazing reviews on this machine I really don’t see how I could go wrong ... still a little nerve racking having never played it.

The good news on Pirates ceasing production is that it shouldn’t be too hard to move if it’s not your cup of tea.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joe has a few left it seems and mentioned in his ad after his remaining ones are sold its sold out for good. I see you have a WOZ in your collection, if you enjoy that game then I think you will really enjoy Pirates.

Screenshot_20190324-111838_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190324-111838_Chrome (resized).jpg

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

extra ball is a well designed and difficult shot. great example of doing it right (looking at you Houdini).
the spinner and left ramp are pretty run of the mill easy shots though. very capable of being 'dialed in' after putting in some time on the game.

See I had right flipper adjusted well to make those two shots but then chest shot was very hard to make adjusted again now chest is good spinner good left ramp just feels off to make more tweaks I suppose

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Extra ball animation in jjPotC is pretty funny.

I wish they'd give you a little more time to enjoy blowing up the other ship by letting the video play a couple second more before kicking the ball out.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

After Friday’s announcement from Jack I feel like if I really want a Pirates then I’d better pull the trigger quick!

FOMO!

#121 5 years ago

Do It! This game gets better and better every time I play it.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do It! This game gets better and better every time I play it.

I love it now that you are a JJP fanboy!

#123 5 years ago

Just buy extra wrenches ahead of time,you’ll need them to sort out the lack of attention That this game got while being assembled. All in all it’s a Great game.

1 week later
#124 5 years ago

JJP PotC is a great playing pin, I just got to play it and loved it.

I can relate my experience to Woz in that at first I was not to excited about it, played it a few times here and there, was good but I never got jacked up about it. Until some time maybe it had been out 4 years and I played it at my friends house and it finally clicked and now I think I rate Woz at the top 1-2 games ever.

Might be same with PotC where I have to accumulate some playing time before it clicks. But already it appeals to me more than Woz did initially.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-buy-before-play-jjp-potc-ltlt/page/3?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.