2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Oktoberfest.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Well … I’ve decided on Houdini!
Thanks so much for the discussion - always helps to hear others thoughts but I feel for me Houdini is the best choice and a great next new game for my home!

Great choice. I’ve owned a Houdini for over two years now and I absolutely love it. I ordered a LOV. It should be a great addition to my collection. AP is a great company with original themes, quality builds and great customer service. I think you will be very happy with Houdini.

11 months later
#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

What I admire the most about American Pinball is that out of the 4 games mentioned (Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels, LOV and Houdini) I can honestly take a game themed after something that isn't appealing to me in the slightest and still have a blast playing it. Their games just have this charm about them and the company really feels like they give you a bang for your buck.
I LOVE me some Stern machines, let's not get it twisted. However, I have noticed that people who choose to go with Pro models (for whatever reason) are often looked down upon as lesser players or collectors. Is it because they didn't "pony up the dough"? I mention this because I feel AP gets the same shade. They don't have tier offerings (to my knowledge) yet their games just seemed to be fully decked out. Are they for everyone? Of course not! Still, there's just this weird vibe I get from some people. Something akin to "Oh, anyone can buy these for a decent price? They aren't limited? Well you get what you pay for."
All salt aside, IF I had to rank the 4 games, here's my order:
1.) Houdini (The theme, toys, difficulty and mode-based game play just appeals to me)
2.) Oktoberfest (The modes, colors, toys all really tie up a beautiful looking game that I'd normally walk right by after reading the title)
3.) Hot Wheels (I need some more time on it. I played about 5 games and just felt like there could have been more to it. This is the game I can see in arcades/on location and doing VERY well and would also look great in a lineup. Very appealing to all ages.)
4.) LOV (This is honestly only ranked at the bottom because I have yet to play it. I keep reading good things though!)

You make some great points, and I completely agree with your thoughts about people shading AP because of the price…it’s so stupid and elitist. AP makes great, high quality games with excellent customer service for comparatively reasonable prices. They are the way a pinball company SHOULD BE! My only correction to your post would be your ranking of LOV. It’s an incredible game that pumps up the adrenaline every time I play it. I love my Houdini, but LOV tops it. Neither game will ever leave my collection. Viva AP!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtgt-best-american-pinball-pin?tu=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.