(Topic ID: 322613)

GTB Title Fight / Sys3 Street-Level startup oddness - ever see this??

By goingincirclez

11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by goingincirclez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 days ago

Have a client with a bunch of late 80's / early 90's GTB games; all were "playable" to some degree but in desperate need of shop jobs, etc.

I rebuilt the lower flippers on Title Fight, and after starting a test game everything seemed to work except the right flipper was very weak - reminding me that whoops, one of the EOS wires came loose while I was working on the mech and I forgot to reattach it, duh. I turned the game off, soldered the loose wire back in place, and turned the game on.

Now when I try to start a game, the only thing that happens is the bell rings (both the mechanical and the electronic), the "upper playfield / boxing ring" lights up in its feature (attract?) pattern, ball 1 is shown in the display with score of zero and... that's it! No ball is kicked into play, no other feature lights are on, no switches register, no mechs activate or reset, flippers are dead, no other sounds or music play. Just "DONG!" and... nothing. Have to power off the game.

If I go into test mode, everything works fine! All switches, lamps, solenoids, sound tests, flippers (including the right one now), etc pass perfectly. Attract mode works.

Of course "it can't possibly be something I messed up on an EOS wire" but I nonetheless triple-checked that and my work was fine. But just for gits and shiggles I disconnected it again and, no change. Game is still in this weird error mode. I even reset the game to factory defaults, to no avail.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this on Title Fight, or any other GTB / Sys3 game? What does it mean? I didn't get much time to troubleshoot further as of course this happened right as I was wrapping up work for the evening... what a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

#3 4 days ago

Wow... not enough drama in a tech / ask post? Ya'll too silent. Or I have a superpower in coming up with difficult problems, yay...

Anyway, bumping this before I head back over to the client tonight, in case anyone has any ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!