2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I am working on a Gladiator, and currently trying to fix lamp issues (inserts).
    I most of the time have more than 1 lighting up, so that seems like a diod issue.

What has been done so far:
    - test with a brand new driver board to rule out the ICs
    - change all diods on the switch diod board below the pf
    - disconnected the apron led boards

So the issue is elsewhere.

I unfortunately do not have the manual, so would anyone have a pic of the switch and lamp matrix to help me pinpoint the issue?
    That'd be greatly appreciated !

1 week later
    #4 2 years ago

Some more info now that I received the manual from PBR and can see the lamp matrix.

There is a connection:

For example, when I lit "E" (row 0, col4) then both "shoot again" (row 0 col 0) and "Catapult 50M" (row5, col 4) lit up
    When I lit "A" (row 0, col 5) then both "shoot again" (row 0, col 0) and "left ramp hold) (row 5, col 5) lit up

So it seems in a pattern.
    For all the lamps listed above the diod have been changed with new ones, without any luck.

=> and solved, the issue was the socket on the col 0, row 5
    Pattern confirmed and solved in a few minutes while I had the matrix in hand!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-sys-3-lamp-issue-gladiators?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.