2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gameseum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Got a complete Countdown that's a spare to my other one. All there.

Got a complete Close Encounters body.

Are the head harnesses an exact match, or if not, are they close and can be modified?

At that rate, curious how far that can be taken i.e. swapping a complete Joker Poker PF into the Countdown

Ideally just a PROM swap but that seems too easy

#2 2 years ago

The switch matrix will be different also.

#3 2 years ago

Controlled lamps in the head are the same lamps in the harness between all the system 1 games. They may vary on their physical location, but the wiring is the same. The displays are always the same as well.

Yes, you can swap the entire playfield from JP in the CD just changing the prom (or adjusting the game if one of the newer multiboards). The sound will even work but of course will be the countdown electronic sounds instead of chimes (you can swap the chimes in if you want, all the correct voltages are there - this is how my countdown is set up)

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Ideally just a PROM swap but that seems too easy

It's that easy.

A lot of the early SS stuff is swapable if the games run on the same boardset.

#5 2 years ago

It’s a wonderful evening, hope everything is great at Gameseum!

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for all the answers boys (and ignored user post).

Thought so but usually "too good to be true" is usually a thing in pinball so figured I would double check

Ended up finding a Close Encounters head in my stash with no body dating back 7 years I forgot I had, one in a million odds to find one to buy let alone in your own stash LOL.

Now to decide what PF to seek out for the Countdown... I guess Joker Poker makes the most financial sense by a longshot... all the rest seems like cheapies. Not like they grow on trees, but at least it'll happen when it happens kind of thing... put on the backburner and forget about like my 7 year CE head lmao... some of the best projects happen that way and none of the waiting when you forget they exist

Todd always has a nice stash of populated playfields even if some hardware has started to "disappear" as they get picked apart (can easily be replaced) so I will go picking and see what's what I suppose. Maybe not a JP but a Sinbad or something for the meantime... better than letting the Countdown rot

Cheers boys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-sys-1-harness-differences and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.