(Topic ID: 239139)

GTB Sure Shot: Conservative/Liberal adjustment on Match Unit?

By Alan_L

28 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by currieddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 28 days ago

Is there a Conservative/Liberal adjustment on the Match Unit for a 1976 Gottlieb EM Sure Shot? I've played a bunch of games on this machine and haven't hit the match yet. I can't find any reference to such an adjustment in the manual or schematics, but I know I've seen this adjustment on other EM's. The Match Unit does work, it lands on all ten different spots, just none of my scores.

Thanks,

Alan

#2 28 days ago

Make sure the board on your tens reel is good, solid connections and clean. That's where the match # comes from.

#3 26 days ago

Thanks for the reply, but either I don't understand your answer or that wasn't quite the question I was asking. The Tens reel works great. The Match Unit works fine. All 10 possible numbers appear in various order. I was wondering if there was a manual adjustment to increase or decrease the times that you hit the Match.

#4 26 days ago

It's been a while since I sold my Sure Shot and I don't have one to look at, but I don't believe Gottlieb had any adjustment for liberal or conservative with the mechanical match units of that game's era.

Lee

#5 26 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

All 10 possible numbers appear in various order. I was wondering if there was a manual adjustment to increase or decrease the times that you hit the Match.

I thought you said initially that none of your numbers were hitting? The board on the 10s is what signals match; there is no lib/con adj.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside