AB38B39E-29F9-4BE1-9ED5-61D066661851 (resized).jpeg
CB32E163-ACCE-4ECD-9FFE-D24F0E47FDF1 (resized).jpeg
2267E390-2016-4D3E-9C41-4ECB6A9CA1C3 (resized).jpeg
D86E61D7-3BEF-470F-AC29-38E076447514 (resized).jpeg
10584C95-821D-431E-89C3-1737914465F3 (resized).jpeg
E855F9B8-D586-46E7-8387-EE8047C492B3 (resized).jpeg
120A1E9C-7AF9-4E8D-864C-1F8DC13F574E (resized).jpeg
94C74E00-A7AB-4C24-8498-5903C6B8857F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 4 years ago

Cool choice to repaint the machine board, but damn I feel like that would make finding lost screws way harder.

Following!

2 months later
#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Marco has the web drops on backorder, but I was actually debating on doing something more custom. What you see there are the oddball ones left in by previous owner on mine as well.

I actually have a set of 3 that I would ship to you if you’d like.

1 month later
#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

With all the COVID disruption, finding some chunks of time to finally get back to my games.
Created a kit on Titan’s site for the rubbers I used.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1310[quoted image]

Smart thinking making the flipper rubbers blue. Any type of wear or color smearing shows up so readily on Red/Orange/Yellow flipper rubbers.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely part of my thinking. So many people use translucent these days, which get a little grimy after 75 or so plays.
Just made a kit for my GTB Hulk too...was tempted to go translucent, but ended up going green for maintenance, and to pull the darker green out of the PF art.

I hope to own a Hulk again someday. Had one for a few months and miss it dearly. The of the most challenging and exciting System 1 games I've played.

3 weeks later
#154 4 years ago

Gosh you're making me miss my Hulk even more! I really miss having that game around, but you can't keep em all!

Yours looks great, but personally I've never understood the theory behind putting "color matched" LEDs on playfield inserts. Detracts from the artwork or alters it to a point that I can't stand is how I've always felt on the matter. I just see EVERYBODY doing it and I don't get it.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

On the inserts? I didn’t do the inserts on Hulk yet, but if the insert is already the color of the bulb you throw in to illuminate it, I don’t see an issue with that. I’ll often put green under green inserts, red under red. Most others cool white or sunlight brightens them up nicely.
I don’t like colored GI that washes out the playfield art. On Hulk I did put a green bulb behind each of the 3 stand up targets, for accent too...but mainly to show the task/rule. Other than those 3 bulbs, the rest of the GI are Comet Sunlight LEDs.

Caught my typo, I meant G.I. under the plastics. What a dummy I am. I am now seeing/realizing/understanding your green LEDs on the standup.

Thanks for responding to my bizarre thoughts!

#159 4 years ago

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to derail this thread and I definitely didn't mean to be an asshole. I was just genuinely curious your thoughts on your decision to put those in there.

Carry on and downvote me as necessary. I'll deserve it.

2 weeks later
#162 4 years ago

Your playfield looks to be in great shape! Good luck!

1 month later
#179 3 years ago

One of the main reasons I passed on trying to do a full restoration on Spiderman was largely due to the cabinet. Glad to see you've got the guts (or the connections) to complete it.

6 months later
#208 3 years ago

Man this thread kind of makes me wish I hadn't sold my Spiderman.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You shouldn’t have sold it.

It allowed me to pick up a few EMs that I was far more interested in restoring and mine had some gnarly cabinet separation, so I'm not super sad, but seeing that restored cabinet above is mouth watering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-spiderman-resto-lets-get-this-game-slinging-again?tu=radial_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.