You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fun Land F disc (resized).jpg
IMG_1365 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have what's manifesting as a score reel issue. I don't see anything obvious.

It's on a Fun Land.

The game was working 100%, then this issue popped up without touching any score reels or switches......

The 10's reel and 100's reel move together when the either associated relay is pulled in. I've seen that before, the switches on both reels and relays look ok.

Also, When the 10's reel rolls over from 9, both plungers pull in and lock on. If I manually release the 10's relay, the circuit breaks and the plungers release.

If I open the 10's reel EOS, the 100's does not advance along with the 10's, but the relay still locks on when trying to roll over. I'll be away from home for a few days, but will dismantle and clean the reels to see what happens, when I'm back.

Unfortunately, this short has also caused one of the AS relay wiper plates to start burning up. I think it can be salvaged, in the meant time, I've disconnected power to that relay.

Ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Update: Changed name of thread from GTB score reel problems??? to Gottlieb Fun Land AS issue.

I desoldered the wire that's attached to the burning trace on the AS wiper. Now the score reels act as they should.

I'll replace the AS wiper board and see what happens, but there is something that caused it to burn in the 1st place.

thoughts?

#4 3 years ago

Never assume switches are ok because they "look" ok. That's rule one of EM troubleshooting.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks Mark.

I did clean the traces. I'll try again, and look closer this time.

#6 3 years ago

Really strange. For some reason, that game always seems to burn up the AS unit.

#7 3 years ago

yeah, It's pretty charred.

I removed the BL-Y wire and the score reel problems went away.

IMG_1365 (resized).JPGIMG_1365 (resized).JPG

#8 3 years ago

If the black-yellow wire was shorted to the brown-white-red wire through the carbon tracing between neighboring pads on the board, you can see how both the L/100 point and M/10 point relays would fire together.
Fun Land F disc (resized).jpgFun Land F disc (resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago

Thanks Mark,

I'm away from home for a few days, but brought the schematic with me. I appreciate the help.

-W

#10 3 years ago

Update:

I replaced the burnt wiper board, all is as it should be now.

Thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 12.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-score-reels-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.