Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Boise_D
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I recently restored a Royal Flush and have a question about the set up of the left flipper. On my game, when the ball comes down the lane on to the flipper, it is very difficult to direct the ball straight up the playfield to hit the target bank. In most cases, the best I can do is send it up so it just misses the last target on the right and hits the pop bumper. This shot is strong, but always wide right. Is this typical on this game?

My flippers are rebuilt, they are strong, there is little or no bounce of the ball when it comes off of the lane guide on to the flipper. The flipper is aligned with the lane guide properly (I think). So everything seems fine, but it sure seems to me like I should be able to get more productive shots to hit the target bank from this flipper.

Any Royal Flush owners have any insights?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have...

#2 2 years ago

I do find it harder to backhand the targets from the left flipper than you might expect, but you can do it, takes a little practice/timing.

#3 2 years ago

Okay, I just played a couple of games on my RF. I was able to hit the Queen of Spades, and the Queen of Hearts and King of Hearts combo with the left flipper. I align the flipper rubber to be an extension of the lane guides.
I play RF daily, so it might just be practice.

#4 2 years ago

Sometimes I use the right slingshot from the left flipper on purpose, to get to those targets. I'm trying to get my continuous hold relays converted and then I'll be back in business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sarnia, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside