2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4421F684-641F-4748-9CC0-8F41A6BDE16B (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how the centre spinner on the playfield should work in relation to all the lit numbers being made and the centre special is then lit?
The side alternating specials award a replay as they should, but how is the lit number on the spinner supposed to award a replay? My machine will spin and a number lights up where the spinner points to it but no special is awarded. Or does it mean that if, say 4 is lit, does the ball have to make the ( now unlit) 4 to win a replay?
Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Never figured it out. Sold game because I didn’t know how it was supposed to play. Mine awarded points for hitting spinner which I thought was odd.

#3 2 years ago

Any help from flyer #2?

4421F684-641F-4748-9CC0-8F41A6BDE16B (resized).jpeg4421F684-641F-4748-9CC0-8F41A6BDE16B (resized).jpeg

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for these replies. Well, it certainly scores points as its hit by the ball Electrocute and the flyer's first statement is correct but the second statement differs from what I'm getting. I will take another look at it today and get back to you.

#5 2 years ago

From memory (could be wrong!) the aim as you said is to inlight all numbers either by their rollovers of the spinner. Rolling over the 7 should unlight the 7 on the spinner and vice versa.

Once that happens, a single number on the spinner will light up. You need to shoot the spinner to the lit number to get a special. I think the number moved after you got the special, or if bumpers were hit.

Maybe...

Very difficult game. It was always an aim to get the outlane numbers with the spinner (9 and 10?) to save balls.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

From memory (could be wrong!) the aim as you said is to inlight all numbers either by their rollovers of the spinner. Rolling over the 7 should unlight the 7 on the spinner and vice versa.
Once that happens, a single number on the spinner will light up. You need to shoot the spinner to the lit number to get a special. I think the number moved after you got the special, or if bumpers were hit.
Maybe...
Very difficult game. It was always an aim to get the outlane numbers with the spinner (9 and 10?) to save balls.

Thanks for replying.
That's pretty much what is happening, yet when the lit number on the spinner is made ( centre special light is on too) I get points awarded but no special is awarded. The spinner lamps alternate as the pops are hit, as do the side drain specials so that is correct.

I'll dig deeper today and check the spinner's relay again. Has to be something in need of adjustment, etc.

#7 2 years ago

Fixed it! After some more head scratching, I first checked the stepper control relay after unplugging it from the playfield and examining it on the bench. Nothing untoward with it ( I had previously serviced it during overhauling the rest of the machine) so I moved onto the spinner's circuitry which again was clean and tidy. But, from manually moving the spinner on the playfield to the corresponding light, with special lit, I got points only. However, if I moved the spinner slowly one step at a time, so say 2 was lit, 8 or another random number awarded a replay. Untightening the 2 fixing bolts on the spinners disc underneath and rotating it one step at a time, and testing again, after a few more steps, it awarded the replay correctly to the lit number.

Basically, I had the disc in the wrong position yet, as much as I can see anyway, theres no marking to show where it's supposed to go. So if your machine is doing the same thing, look here first!

Thank you to all who helped out

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-road-race-rule-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.