Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Got this gummed up Replay Unit on my 1953 Flying High.

Requiring some help with this, Thanks.
The Reset Levers flip very smoothly, but the shaft which holds the number reel and gear is not stuck but is hard to spin.
On the gear side the spring has been removed. How does the Replay Wheel come off? I've removed the set screw. But the some what delicate wheel is still stuck. Should I mount the replay unit into a vice then gently tap on the gear and shaft assembly? A small gear puller?

#3 5 years ago

Got it apart. It was definitely gummed up with 65 year old grease. An extra set of hands, and a small drift punch, and a few taps with a small hammer, and it all came apart. Last night I couldn't budge the gear and shaft one bit.

Now it needs a good cleaning, and possibly some Super Lube, and get it back together.

#4 5 years ago

When I took the spring off, I carefully counted the turns, it was 7. Put the spring back on with 7 twists, well that didn't go well. Step down, was more like snap back to 0, and it would not step up, just move the number 1 position back and forth. Re-set the spring with 4 turns, and everything now seems normal.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

When I took the spring off, I carefully counted the turns, it was 7. Put the spring back on with 7 twists, well that didn't go well. Step down, was more like snap back to 0, and it would not step up, just move the number 1 position back and forth. Re-set the spring with 4 turns, and everything now seems normal.

4 turns is what i have used as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-replay-unit-taking-it-apart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.