• 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44942159_959676517566026_1256165556260700160_n (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I'm an old old hand at fixing EMs but I've had this Poker Face for years (did the usual CL&A) and have never been able to figure this out and the schems for the card combinations are making my brain hurt.

Problem: When a Straight or Full House are set via plugs to '2 replays' and are won (last ball), but the credit unit is already maxed at 26 or maxes out before the second replay is to be added, the 'D' relay (add 2 credits relay) keeps clicking back on & motor keeps running. F relay in bank does not activate. I can stop the motor run by either releasing 'F' relay -OR- decrementing the credit unit which allows it to award the won credit(s), stops the motor, D&F work correctly. Checking manually, the #26 switch must be closed AND credit advance EOS must open before D and F finally do as they should, not one or the other.

4 of a kind (2 replays) works fine with same credit unit situation - awards however many credits of the two that can be added, but no motor run. Same with 5 of a kind (5 replays) if won after that, no problems either with run-on. If straight or full house are set to one replay, it will award credit(s) available on the credit unit, no run-on.

If I clip #26 permanently closed, all combos are ok credits-wise, F activates, motor stops... but then I get the extraneous credit advance attempts and false knocks after it's maxed. FH & Straight are different than the other combos when set to 2 replays as they are awarded on an extra motor run sequence AFTER the last hole points score. All other card awards are given during the final card hole score motor run. Even from the schems I can't see how F can ever activate if #26 switch is open, which is what seems to be happening so I am stumped. I can't even figure out what position the schems show the adjustment plugs at, 1 or 2 replays. I slid the Motor 1A switch up on the schems to make it a little clearer. D and F adjusted/cleaned.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! Mark

44942159_959676517566026_1256165556260700160_n (resized).jpg44942159_959676517566026_1256165556260700160_n (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-poker-face-motor-run-on-certain-card-awards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.