Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82045F16-8707-4CF0-8073-199F05284AB5 (resized).jpeg
93643E08-B287-4D22-9DDB-91B800F181FC (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

On the King Pin I just finished restoring, I have a question about the left and right return-Lane lights. See photo.

Should these light for 500 hundred points only after the drop targets are all down the first time? Or should they come on occasionally for 500 points through other game play? Mine only turn on after all the drop targets are down to then give me the option for 500 points via these rollovers.

It also affects the lights under the two white inserts near the top of the playfield that also score 100/500 when lit.

I can’t tell for sure by how the schematic is labeled which are which. Are the ones at the bottom the left return and right return rollovers? And the ones at the top the left outside and ride outside? I think so.

If I’m reading the schematic right, the left and right return rollover lights are actuated by a normally open switch on G through motor 4D. And it looks like G would only actuate after the sequence is completed, and the E relay pulls in. So I’m thinking those two white lights in the return lanes only come on after the Target bank is down the first time.

However, the top two wines, presumably, our “left outside rollover light“ and “right outside wall or liked”. If that’s the case, those should be coming on and off through a make/break on cue relay during the game, and I don’t see that happening.

Here’s also a picture of that part of the schematic. Would appreciate help.

93643E08-B287-4D22-9DDB-91B800F181FC (resized).jpeg93643E08-B287-4D22-9DDB-91B800F181FC (resized).jpeg
82045F16-8707-4CF0-8073-199F05284AB5 (resized).jpeg82045F16-8707-4CF0-8073-199F05284AB5 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Should these light for 500 hundred points only after the drop targets are all down the first time?

That's the way it works on my King Pin (which was beautifully restored by NicoVolt). I was surprised it worked that way as well.

#3 5 years ago

Left return lane and right return lane are the lanes by the flippers that send the ball in front of the flippers.

Q relay is the alternating relay. If the left outside rollover light and right outside rollover light are not working or not turning on and off, check the following:

Q relay switches - make sure the switches are clean and adjusted properly
F relay switch - red/white wire and yellow/green wire - make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly
Light sockets - confirm light sockets are making proper contact with light bulbs

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Left return lane and right return lane are the lanes by the flippers that send the ball in front of the flippers.
Q relay is the alternating relay. If the left outside rollover light and right outside rollover light are not working or not turning on and off, check the following:
Q relay switches - make sure the switches are clean and adjusted properly
F relay switch - red/white wire and yellow/green wire - make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly
Light sockets - confirm light sockets are making proper contact with light bulbs

Thanks Fred, they do work, my question was more about if they’re working at the right times. The response above yours seems to indicate that mine are working correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-king-pin-lights-question?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.