Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I'm pretty adept at locating serial numbers on machines, but this one has me stumped. My project KoD has the serial gouged out on the front of the cabinet below the coin door...I can make out the last digit only. Someone has stamped a second four-digit number into the wood near the original serial location that doesn't match the mask found on IPSND.net (it is missing the zero that typically starts off all GTB serials of the era). The final number in that second stamped number does not match the final number that I can make out from the gouged original--I'm assuming this was an operator ID number and not a serial from the factory. Also, the inspection certificate is gone from the top arch.

Does anyone know if there are any other spots where the number can be found on mid-60s games like this one? I was surprised to find serial numbers hiding under the ball lift guide and coin door trim hardware (both stamped into the wood) on a Williams Heatwave I was re-painting last summer. I was wondering if Gottlieb went to the same lengths in their serial number printing and I can finally retrieve the serial of this game.

#2 7 years ago

On a GTB Gold Strike I found a serial number stamp on the opposite side of the "High Score Adjustment" card stapled inside the lightbox. Sneaky!

FrontFront
BackBack

#3 7 years ago

I saw the recent thread of a Volley that had the same thing--a great way to find missing serials.

I carefully lifted all backbox cards on KoD, without removing the staples, and didn't see anything. KoD was a bit too early for this practice, I think.

#4 7 years ago

Apron but that is obvious. Top of head, but that was later. And then under the "Advise location" card on the cross support in cab but that too was probably later.

All else fails make one up from the unused range on the serial number db. I recently picked up some wood stamps from HD and am restamping after the paint job. And there a threads about the cert on the apron. but it seems not all GTB wedgeheads and them?

#5 7 years ago

I'm not worried about restoring the number. My concerns are first, curiosity and second, the addition of my number to IPSND.

Making up a number would be sacrilegious!

#6 7 years ago

And yes, Pinhead is right...no stamp on the top of cabinet or on the middle arch.

The search continues...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-king-of-diamonds-serial-number-locations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.