1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gjm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.26.52 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I'm trying to dial in the outhole cam for my Quick Draw (which is brand new from PBR but just isn't kicking out correctly) and I'm curious if anybody can explain to me the mechanics behind the two different kicking cams that Gottlieb offered, and what relationship/effect the springs have on the action itself.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.26.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.26.52 PM (resized).png
    #3 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

If this doesn't help, Steve (PBR) will be able to help you get the right one.

Ah I get it. So the cams aren't actually different sizes or make ups, but just show a different orientation.

I guess I'm still curious about what the length of spring indicates or changes.

Truthfully, I called Steve and we go the right kicking cam ordered, and when it arrived and installed it (with a new coil sleeve and plunger), the ball just isn't getting kicked out with the right amount of force. I doubt I got the wrong part, but before I go on a rat chase trying to figure out why the kicking mechanism isn't kicking properly, I wanted to make sure that I didn't have the wrong spring or the wrong cam.

#7 1 year ago

Definitely the correct coil and nothing looked too nasty with the bracket mounted coil stop.

I did notice when I took the apron and the trough guides out, the ball pretty consistently kicked towards the playfield rather than directly aligned with the trough path. I guess that points to my outhole kicker not being properly aligned and maybe if it were more of a straight shooter I'd be in luck.

I hate drilling new holes on the under side of a playfield and even with it adjusted in its screws as far over as I can press it in the right direction, still not a whole ton of improvement. Any tips?

Power rail looks fine. I haven't shorted jumped it. O and BX relays look fine, just cleaned them, but there some indication on the relays that tells me "someone has had this problem before and tried adjusting those switches and it still didn't fix the issue. Some leafs bent out of shape and what not.

#8 1 year ago

Goes to show ya, sometimes it's the little/stupid things.

The outhole base plate was all torn to shreds. Put a new one in. Fixed the issue.

Sometimes it just takes the courage to ask a stupid question to realize how stupid you really are.

Thanks all!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-kicking-cam-differences?tu=radial_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.