Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7829_(resized).jpg
IMG_5543.jpg
IMG_5544.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi

The good news is a Gottlieb Kewpie doll followed me home a couple of days ago.

The bad news is one of the previous owners has decided the cab needed a coat of thick white housepaint and that the old art had to be sanded off first.

I've seen the images on google but I wonder if anyone can offer straight on side shots i can scale up and measure? or scans / tracings / constructive opinions or even just friendly hysterical laughter and finger pointing

anything useful to bring the cabinet of old girl back to her former glory will be much appreciated. requests for bribes and shady deals in return for info favorably considered

IMG_5543.JPGIMG_5543.JPG
IMG_5544.JPGIMG_5544.JPG

#2 8 years ago

That's a very fun machine to play!

3 weeks later
#3 8 years ago

still looking for a straight on photo or two of this cabinet? I have perspective corrected an angled one and got it fairly close but living in hope of some better shots.

6 months later
#4 8 years ago

Im in the midst of restoring a KEWPIE and have full sides and front photos with dimensions if you are still looking for them. If you are not, can i ask you a couple questions about two switches inside your machine? For the past several weeks I’ve been pulling what little hair I have out, trying to figure out the wiring of two switches under the playfield . As a last resort, I’m seeking help from another KEWPIE owner to either show me how their switches are ired, or tell me how their switches are wired. The switches in question are the LEFT and RIGHT THOUGH SWITCHS that score 100pts and 100pts+ replay. I need to know/see how the switches are wired. Ideally I’d like to have a close-up photo of the two switches (left and right). But a description as to how the switches are wired would work just as well as the photo would likely not detail the wiring well.

#5 8 years ago

hi
yes i am still keep on the photos and dimensions.

please check this photo? can you confirm you mean the two stacks between the green coils?

IMG_7829_(resized).jpgIMG_7829_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

"Riding With The King"

I dreamed I did a good job and I got well paid
Blew it all at the penny arcade
A hundred dollars on a kewpie doll
I guess no white chick is gonna make me crawl

John Hiatt is singing about this game in his hitsong riding with the king.
One of the few pins to be mentioned by name in a song.

Sidenote; a few years ago he released the album " mystic pinball" where beside the title no more pinball is to be found.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-kewpie-doll-artwork-paint-photos-scans-stencils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.